[D&D][IC] Valkyria: Scales of War

lifesapity

Yautja looks at baldy and shakes his head saying "uh-huh, yeah...left it is" then picks up the spare crossbow and places it on his battle pack, giving himself a more ranged weapon and taking however many bolts he can, then he wanders the room hoping to recover his failed Javelin thrown.

• Replies 843
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maris inspecting each of the doors comes to the conclusion none seem to be trapped.

Yautja finds 6 bolts and manages to retrieve his javelin.
As you decide to go east you open the door and up ahead is a left turn and a set of stairs.
At the top of which you can see a strange blue glow, in an otherwise dark room.

Edited by lifesapity

Richard stared long and hard at the strange blue glow that is emanating from the top of the room they were getting ready to enter, and he noticed how dark the rest of the room was. He immediately pointed at the oddity and said "We should just light torches from this point on, I don't think that we can avoid any fights from this point on, and it seems like a good idea to take away one of their advantages.".

Richard leaned slightly to the left when he said "You mean that they only have a distinct advantage against the quarter of the party who is expected to reliably hit the goblins with their melee weapons and keep them away from the rest of the group? And it's not like we are about to go and root around seven different people who might not be able to see in the dark or anything, and no one is expecting us  to protect them from the small and fast enemies who we can barely see right?".

On 8/11/2017 at 5:56 AM, Jace Stormkirk said:

yisan looks over at the wall plaques and start to cast a spell but stops. he looks at the monk, barbarian, and cleric and asks. "before i use any spells do any of you three understand goblinoid?"

Sorry no I don't understand it.

On 8/12/2017 at 8:59 AM, Cronos5010 said:

Richard leaned slightly to the left when he said "You mean that they only have a distinct advantage against the quarter of the party who is expected to reliably hit the goblins with their melee weapons and keep them away from the rest of the group? And it's not like we are about to go and root around seven different people who might not be able to see in the dark or anything, and no one is expecting us  to protect them from the small and fast enemies who we can barely see right?".

yisan replys  "i was merely stating that such a broad conjecture about our party is ill advised for most adventures have an over sized ego and such a statement might hurt it and problems would arise. but more to my question. i can cast a spell that would allow me to understand any language there is, would you like me to use it?"

Richard shrugged his shoulders a bit before quietly saying "Well I definitely know someone with an inflated opinion on themselves around here, I think I'll leave you to find out who that is by yourself" and he left before the half Elf could answer.

He tapped Ragash on the shoulder before quietly asking "So do you have any torches?".

Edited by Cronos5010

Maris continues to scout ahead sneaking up the set of stairs, upon reaching the top he sees a room where the floor is dominated by a square bounded by glowing runes that pulsate with a dim blue light.
The east wall has a set of double doors what seem to have been left cracked open very slightly. The walls are covered with alcoves, some holding the skeletons of long dead bodies.

Edited by lifesapity

On 8/13/2017 at 3:34 AM, Cronos5010 said:

He tapped Ragash on the shoulder before quietly asking "So do you have any torches?".

Ragash was watching the monk "sneak" away up the stairs as Richard tapped her on the shoulder "Oh aren't you already caring on for me" She said with a laugh as she moved to take a bundle of torches out of her bag. "But i guess your talking about these." she said handing the bundle of ten torches to Richard "You can keep them they get heavy after awhile." 

Richard gratefully took the torches that Ragash gave to him and tried his best to put them all inside of his increasingly full backpack. He stood there with a smile on his face for a few moments before he could finally think of something appropriate to say in response "Well what can I say? You always brighten my day".  After realizing that his response was only vaguely related to what she said earlier, he tried to quickly change the subject by asking "Why do you even have these? It's not like you are selling them or anything". After waiting to hear Ragash's reply he tried his best to stealthily follow after the monk.

Edited by Cronos5010

18 hours ago, Cronos5010 said:

Richard gratefully took the torches that Ragash gave to him and tried his best to put them all inside of his increasingly full backpack. He stood there with a smile on his face for a few moments before he could finally think of something appropriate to say in response "Well what can I say? You always brighten my day".  After realizing that his response was only vaguely related to what she said earlier, he tried to quickly change the subject by asking "Why do you even have these? It's not like you are selling them or anything". After waiting to hear Ragash's reply he tried his best to stealthily follow after the monk.

"There are many reasons to keep a torch though i had these ones because i thought that people would buy them since they are always waving them at me in some towns, so i tough people liked them." Ragash said with a smile as she adjusted her back pack.

As Richard and Yisan move forward a mighty clang echos through the chamber as Richard's shield hits against the side of his armor.
As you move into the room you feel a slight warmth in the chamber emanating from the glowing runes.

To Yisan

The runes read Von Jallach in a phonetic alphabet sometimes used by wizards, however you can't tell the nature of the enchantment laid upon the area.

yisan has the idea to look and see if he can see evidence that the goblins have come through this area because if they have then it would be a safe bet that the magic is not destructive to trespassers 

Spoiler

int investigate i got an eight again

Ragash having gotten curious about the blue glow made her way to the room seeing the Bard look over the runes in the floor she looks over them to see what she could gleam form them.

Spoiler

Arcana check for me i got  a 1 i know nothing like i hate the blue glow or something 

To Yisan
You cant see any footprints in the dust because strangely there is no dust settled on the floor here.

To Ragash
You have absolutely no idea of what the runes are or what they mean.

To Anyone in the Room
At a quick glance skeletons reside in most of the wall alcoves wearing clothes in various states of decay, each body with no traces of flesh on it.

Edited by lifesapity

A part of Richard started to regret not going down to the local armory earlier to pick up a decent mace or a war hammer as he stared suspiciously at the skeletal human remains and the glowing blue runes on the suspiciously clean floor, and he looked around the room some more to try and look for anything that seemed important. After a few moments had passed he slowly walked towards Ragash who had investigated the runes earlier, and he quietly said "Maybe they just wanted to get a better look on you in the dark? I know I would" with a teasing smile on his face.

Edited by Cronos5010

As Yisan walks forward, Richard inspects one of the skeletons next to himself.
The bones seems to have strange marks all over them, and as he looks closer two small reptilian eyes blink open from behind the body.
Swarming out of the alcoves are dozens of small reptiles with mouths full of needle-like teeth. Avoiding the runes of the floor they form two big groups before starting to move towards you, hunger in their eyes.
Roll Initiative.

59962a0d6b168_vonjallachcrypt.jpg.cf4947fc93e4a449b57bc1cca07288b1.jpg

Edited by lifesapity