[IC] Trespassers of the Multiverse: V^3 Mini; The Canyon.

Hal Henderics

Shanks watched as the others began to depart. News of this... professor individual however, soon caught his ears. Hmmm... perhaps he could get the means to modify this massive lance from such a human... or maybe he'd end up shanking the rogue before either of them got there... hmmmmmm... 

no, no... the rogue shanking could wait for a later time he supposed. Honestly he was more curious as to just what the meaning of all this was, and he probably wouldn't get that info if he stabbed everyone who might help him find it... so as much as he didn't like the assassin's general attitude, looked like he'd have to endure it for now.

Without a word, he hopped off the cargo vessel, following off behind Azurian 

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keith checks the price tag for the suit. While the chains are a liability, they were a liability that looked cool as all hell. And his opponents seemed to lack tactical accumen beyond "dogpile the human". Also some real clothes in general were a godsend.

"Yeah, It's over there." Wario points to the giant neon billboard denoting E-Gadd's Lab.

Clothes seem to be free in this place, thankfully.  Probably something to do with the whole fighting culture thing going on.

--

E-Gadd's lab appears to look the part, the entire building being styled to look like a giant Vacuum Cleaner, with the nozzle being the doorway.

--

(11, 9) Cobalt eats unaccosted, It's dry, but filling metal.

Edited by Hal Henderics

"Well, this is an... interesting... design choice. But honestly in my opinion, it really SUCKS." Azruian said to himself thinking no one would be following him or paying attention. He face palmed himself and shook his head.  "Ugh, that joke was so bad even I wanted to punch myself. Let's just get this over with." He walked over to the door and rang the door bell. (If this house somehow doesn't have a door bell, knock on the door)

Ring the Door Bell of E-Gadd's house.

Cobalt looks for another lamp post.  If he finds one, he repeats the process.  He's got to bulk up if he wants to evolve someday, learn a rock move, and beat those bugs.

Elica wordlessly heads over to the professors place. Still mulling over what she heard. It was quite concerning on those idiots dident even have reserective immortality. She supposed she dident have much of a choice to help them. It was her job. But fuck this was going to be a problem. How is she going to kill things when she's to busy trying to keep evreyone alive?

Cim starts to follow along, but stops when he notices cobalt eating the lamp post he walks over.

"Hey little guy, you know you can't just eat everything you see right? The people here need these"

He grabs cobalt and tries to lift him but finds he can't. 

"Well, your heavier then you look. Come on. We can go see if this professor guy has any metal he doesn't mind you eating"

It was then that Cim completely prossecessed what cobalt was doing and became very intrigued by his origin and biological make up. Maybe the professor could tell him more. How was the consumed metal processed? how was it distributed though the body? was it broken down, and if so was there a waste product to worry about?

Edited by Endlessblaze

Ringing the doorbell, those in front of it would suddenly see the door fling open, and the Vacuum Hose attached begin sucking wildly!

Those unable to grab something quick are surely going to be sucked inside the building!

--

In the very Same Store, Keith finds a mask that he can hide his helmet in perfectly, A rather stylish one, in fact.

--

Cobalt, Elicia and Cim interact.

Cobalt eats another lightpost, the taste, he has to admit, is growing on him.

(7, 14) "Oh god, another one, Who has Red's Number?" A passersby comments, noticing the Aron literally eating their light posts. It seems they are familiar with the idea.

Someone pulls out a cellphone.

Keith nods, smiling in a way that is almost perverse. That said, he immediately stores the mask on a chain for ease of access before going to see what else is of note around the area. Or he'll just ask Wario for a rundown. Either or.

Azurian was surprised at the sudden turn of events. In hindsight he should've expected something like this from a vacuum house. He tried to run back and grab something, his speed helping him resist the pull of the house. However, the cloak on his back was his down fall as it gave the house the little edge it needed to start slowly inching him back. Soon, the house had won sucking him inside the building. 

Attempt to resist but ultimately get sucked 

Shanks had both hands filled, what with how he was carrying a stolen lance bigger than he was tall...needless to say, the Tonberry stood no real chance of resisting the sudden vacuum force that acted on him and the others, especially with how quick things had taken a turn.

Once inside the vacuum tube however, things quickly changed as he got a grasp on the situation. Turning himself about, he prepared himself to land cleanly and without incident, just as he had during all his numerous acrobatic displays since his time waking up in the ship's vent system... wherever the hell this thing might even drop them off.

Get sucked up, but prepare to make a smooth landing wherever this thing leads

The pair would be dumped out in a waiting room where An elderly looking sciency type is discussing something with Meta Knight. This must be the professor.

They would be followed by the other three.

"Ahaha! Those must be some of them now! Welcome to my laboratory Gentlemen and Ladies, The others will be along shortly!"

Meta knight turns to face the pair.

"According to the Professor, A massive surge of some kind of energy was detected in the same time frame I discovered you all in."

"When certain others I have called make there way here, The professor believes he has a device able to exploit this surge of energy to get several answers about the Shadowbugs, and about your arrival."

--

"Well, if you don't got no business left, we should get over to the old fart's place, they're waiting on us by now, probably."

Wario Responds.

there are several more practical shops, selling accessories, weapons, gear, and some sort of stickers.

Edited by Hal Henderics

looks like the passerby have more information, torn between getting a move on and learning more about cobalt, he opts to ask a few short questions.

"So do you guys know what this little guy is?"

Meanwhile Elica moves on the the professors place

Telling cim he "Had better hurry up"

"Ah, professor. Speaking of those shadowbugs, would you be able or interested in researching them up close? I happen to have grabbed a sample since I figured that they could be useful."

Keith shows off his jar.

Seeing E-Gadd he certainly looks like a scientist. He walks over following Keith.  "I myself managed to get one of their robot's core and some of their parts. You think you can build anything out of them? Maybe learning how their robotics work will help us deal with them in the future." He speak to the old man bringing out the core and other machine parts he had scrounged up.

"Worthless Tin Cans, waste of time." The tonberry declared after Azurian's proposal "Weak ass rogue is a waste of time too. Robots died too easy, one hit, all it took. Their lances though, like giant toothpicks- Don't hurt much, but just look at it-" he dropped one end of the weapon he carried down on the floor to prove it's point, the thing's tip easily towering over his head whilst standing at all 3''5 of his height, "Doc human, you got anything to help shanks slim this down?"

"It's a Pokemon, those critters are always up to something, we usually have someone call Red to come get them."  One of the passersby comments to cim.

--

"Oh my my my! You obtained a Sample, Absolutely perfect!" Gadd fires some sort of scanning ray at The Shadowbug Container, one which looks suspiciously like a Wii-U gamepad.

"My, you all seem to have some samples for me!" He fires the beam twice more, the device in his hand emitting beeping noises.

"Yes, I believe this data will be useful.  Throw the weapon into the Drill-o-matic and it will drill it into a smaller one."

"As for the Core, I believe I should reward you for your incredibly fortuitous assistance!"

The man begins digging around in some kind of revolving shelf, machines that seem to serve even stranger purposes than their bizarre appearance would have you believe swivel by.

Meanwhile, several heroes begin coming in the same way the rest of you did. One by one, Some person in Red Overalls, A pink puffball, A second pink puffball, and A tall and lanky individual in Purple Garb.

"Where are the others?" Meta Knight asks.

The response from the Red Garbed Person is completely unintelligible exited gibberish, accompanied by hand gestures.

"Curses, I had hoped more of them would not be dealing with those problems." Meta Knight responds.

E-Gadd finishes searching, pulling out a small and dusty machine, it is unrecognizable.

"Any last questions before we use E-Gadd's We-AU now to scan the energy on your bodies?" Meta Knight asks the group.

"Drill-o-matic, eh" Shanks picked the spear back up, waddling over to the machine, which from the fact that it was about the only thing in the room he could see which had any drill to speak of, he presumed pretty easily was it. He laid the Spear down into the device, waiting for it to do the magic.... "hmmmm.... yeh, shanking someone with a spear is still a thing. probably won't come out as good as a Chef Knife, but with a bit of pacing, infuse it with a bit of Omen Magic... yeah, this could be decent."

Shanks places the Autolance Lance into the Drill-o-Matic

Azurian looks concerning at the dusty machine. What use do these odd things even have?  "So, what exactly is that thing? Is it some sort of feather duster or does it serve some other purpose that I don't know of?" He asks the old man crossing his arms in amusement.

E-Gadd looks taken aback.

"Why, this is the F.L.U.D.D Flash young man! this little autonomous robot shell is designed to be able to move lots of water for the purpose of putting out fires and other such things, it can fire a pressurized spray of water, strong enough to lift a person off the ground, if only for a short while."

He grabs the F.L.U.D.D Flash and sets to inserting the robotic core into it.

"Just have to flip the switch from 'Bad' to 'Good' and.... Done! Simple as can be!"

He hands over the small device, it looks like it would strap perfectly to an arm, it appears to be a clear tank with a set of handles and a nozzle.

Spoiler

Name: F.L.U.D.D Flash
Description: A small Arm Mounted Water Blaster, strong enough to put out fires with relative ease.
Type: Worn

Water: 3/3
Damage: None
Modifiers: None
Special Qualities: 

Water Tank: This tool can hold up to 3 Units of water, to refill it, a source of water must be used, Containers of water can only fill 1 Unit.
Super Water Blast: The user can use this to fire a blast of water, Stunning an enemy who is not resistant to water attacks, and dealing 2d4 Damage to enemies who are weak to water! Consumes one unit of water.

Hydro Jet: The user can raise their Skill by 2 for one turn.

Intelligent: This item can act separately from it's user, but is considered to have 0 in every stat but health, which it has 1 in.

After this, E-Gadd uses the We-AU to scan the party.

A small message is printed out on a small ribbon of paper coming out of the device.

shelf 2A
behind nozfibulator
utmost importance
give them it

E-Gadd looks confused, the Prognostisizer never gave instructions in a print out before...

He checks the shelf and pulls out a round object, made of machinery and metal, it glows with a strange blue and green light.

"This is my Portable Pocket Dimension Distributor, I invented it to let people travel between worlds easily, it makes a large bubble, with life support, dimensional propulsion, everything you would need to travel the multiverse with comfort, style, and ease, the minute you attach it to any sort of vehicle or platform!"

"It has a fatal flaw however, in that it cannot navigate on it's own.  None of my probes have ever returned, and I just can't figure it out."

"The dimensional energy on you seemed to have that message encoded on it, Maybe there is a reason it wanted you to have this."

He hands over the small sphere. it is about the size of a softball, and feels warm.

Meta Knight looks confused, but impatient.

"So we have learned nothing about why these bugs are back, or who sent them to my ship."

E-Gadd Retorts.

"Well, it sounds to me like whoever did it could be themselves able to travel dimensions."

Meta Knight hums.

"My ship has the welders and machinery needed to assemble a frame for that orb.  But it is also still overrun with those beasts."

Meta knight turns to the strange individuals that arrived.

"You five are helping me, You know how deadly those creatures are to our world, and what they could mean."

The pink puffballs look confused, The 3 Overall'ed individuals look displeased, but nod individually.

"The rest of you though."

He turns to you all.

"The choice is yours.  I do not believe you can hold your own against these monsters, and I also do not believe you all are willing to wait weeks while I re-take my ship from those monsters."

"Join me in the assault, and I can bring you directly to the Engineering wing with my 5 fastest Engineers.  Your ship will be done in a mere 5 minutes.  That may be too long, if the infestation is as bad as I am led to believe.."

"Or, you can try to forge your own path, and find something suitable to transport you all to wherever it is you are going."

He crosses his arms.

Edited by Hal Henderics

Keith shrugs and checks his gun for any problems. After assuring himself that there's nothing of note and that his clip was full he nods.

"Welp, this wouldn't be the worst problem I've had this month. D-24602 will lend you fire support."