[IC] Trespassers of the Multiverse: V^3 Mini; The Canyon.

Hal Henderics

Elica managed to arrive just in time to get the remaining exposition, and give her own thoughts on the matter, leaning against a wall.

"Well, on one hand, if you guys don't need our help retaking your ship it might be better to find our own way around if these things are as strong as you say. on the other hand, I doubt we have the money for some expensive equipment, and helping people is unfortunately part of my job description. So I guess ill join you in retaking your ship, its not like I'm capable of staying dead anyways."

Cim meanwhile was left with more questions than answers, and with a burning curiosity in him self. this was exciting.
"Could you tell me a bit more about them? Do they all eat metal? Are there different kinds? I know nothing on the subject, but this little guy fascinates me."

Edited by Endlessblaze

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shanks stayed by the Drill-O-Matic as the exposition was spouted, guiding the machine to better shape the lance to his liking. He'd reduced the thing's size to a much more manageable 2 1/2 feet or so, sharpened up and honed the head to a dagger-like profile, great for equal parts shanking and slashing poor adventurers. For the final touches, he shaved a bit of the metal on its sides to form two small loops, good for clipping on a carrying banister, if he ever felt the need. 

With the modifications down, he took the new spear out of the machine, sticking it through his belt where it could rest against his back: 

Spoiler

Name: Cataguard Iklwa
Description: A Lance originally designed to be fired like a projectile; it has been modified to be shorter and more easily handled at melee range, with a head designed to be equally adept at peircing and slashing. It's true might still only comes out when thrown, however.
Type: Held
Damage: 1d2+Str
Modifiers: None
Special Qualities: This weapon deals 1d6 damage instead of 1d2 when thrown, and uses Skill instead of Strength.

and waddling over to the others.

"Shanks ain't afraid of any bugs; hell those robots were push-overs anyway. Show me a swarm and give us a nice, long and dark hallway. The longer I gotta chase em, the more fun it is in the end."

Azurian examines the device in his hand, it seems like a piece of junk to him. But then it started to move in such a way that seemed like stretching,  "Power up complete," Spoke a robotic voice coming from the moving nozzle of the device. It seems like the device is playing a programmed start up.  "Thank you for purchasing the item from Gadd Science, Incorporated. Preparing to register customer information. Scanning and classifying subject data..." It started to look up and down Azurian to what seems to be a scanning process.  "Subject can not be identified from the current data installed. Subject data is required to proceed." It faced Azurian unmoving in silence waiting for a response.  "Uhhh, my name is Azurian if that's what you're asking."  The rogue spoke a bit confused at this whole process.  "Subject information acquired. Subject name: Azurian. Place of residence: Unknown. Occupation: Unknown. Past Transgressions: Unknown. Enough data for use, other data will be acquired throughout use. Creating space for data. Data storage complete. I am F.L.U.D.D Flash--a Flash Liquidizer Ultra Dousing Device. I hope to be of assistance." It automatically attaches itself to Azurian's right arm. Surprised he tries to shake it off at first, but gives up soon after.  "Proceeding with user instruction. Use the handles to shoot water from my tank. However, the Flash model now comes with a fully automated spray function. Just detach me from your arm and automation will begin. Press this button to switch to the Hydro Jet. With it you can increase your mobility for a short time." It switches to it's Hydro Jet form for a few moments before turning back.  "When my tank is empty, no water can be sprayed. To refuel tank enter a body of water and use the handles. Alternatively, bottled water may be used to fuel tank. With the Flash model, automated fueling is now possible. Just detach and give the command. Instructions complete, you may proceed with use."

"Well, that was a thing." Azurian mumbled to himself, impressed at the device. He turns to the group to give his two cents about the ship situation.  "While I would love to say let's not head back to that blasted ship, I doubt what we could make in a few weeks would match what they could make in five minutes. Seeing as they probably have proper equipment and training. So I say we go there, build our ship, then get out."

Meta Knight Nods.

"There may very well be hope for you lot yet."

He turns in place, cape billowing behind him.

"The sooner we leave, the sooner we can get there.  An Aerial Assault would be ill advised, I'll be Calling Colonel Dee to bring around some Wheelies to approach via land."

He walks out through a side door that does not involve vaccum cleaners, before whipping out something like a walkee talkee, and chattering into it.

The strange fellows that arrived mingle in general.

--

"Geeze, I don't know, There's these rats that blow up the transformers when they get into the power lines, and a few that shoot fire everywhere."  The guy responds.

"Look, I gotta get going." He continues, walking off to do his business.

Azurian crossed his arms and tapped his foot while he waited for their 'Wheelies' to arrive. He was a bit impatient and what kinda of vehicle would a 'Wheelie' even be? A road vehicle? Though considering the other weird contraptions here, he didn't know what to expect. If he was being honest, he was a bit scared about going back to the ship. The threat of death is high there and luck was most likely the only thing that kept him relatively unscathed. His luck will have to run out eventually and when that happens... No! One shouldn't think like that. Let's just hope they head out soon.

Suddenly, coming in streams, a herd of strange machines come squealing in front of the building, single wheels with large expressive eyes, They seem to come in various sizes and paint jobs, like Motorcycles, but with only a single wheel, exhaust jets from mufflers in tandem as they rumble loudly.

"Good. Get on and Let us go."

Meta Knight asks, before ignoring them entirely and taking flight.

In fact, the only ones to take the offer of a ride are Wario, his Purple Companion, and the Pink Puffball.  The rest seem to have much faster ways of travel, with the ones in red and green running at high speed, and the other pink puffball rolling out and away.

Before long, everyone arrives at the Halberd once again, it is quiet, and still.  Nothing like before, when there was practically a storm of purple and black forming increasingly large monsters.

Aggression Level: 0

Edited by Hal Henderics

Elica and cim get off the wheelies, the former readying her spikes, and poison, the inky black substance slowly coating her fingers and claws. While cim extends his ribbons looking for magical signatures.

"it's quiet. I guess they calmed down once we all got out of here, Cim see if you can get anything"

"already on it mam"

They both sound pretty calm, this is obviously fammiler to them.

Keith shrugs as the comment.

"I think we oughta form groups of two or three and then stage a multi-front assault. We already got an entrance here and in the canyon, so that's two groups. There's probably an entrance on the deck so a group there would be good. You other guys have any strategic input on this?"

"These puppies can push 390, the bigguns, if you wanted to get on the deck quick and easy, you could go off those rocks there, push 210 or so, and pull a hard right for spin stabilization."

Wario comments, pointing at a jet of rock jutting from a part of the canyon.

"The faster we get in here, the more time we got to blow em up, Eh!?"

The purple one comments.

"That's nice and all, but as soon as someone steps foot on that thing the bugs will be back in force. We need to coordinate so that they are as spread out as possible when we're there... that said if you two are going that way I'll join you. I prefer working my way downwards rather than up."

Keith checks his weapon as he speaks. Nothing worse than getting down to business and immediately jamming.

"Remember what our main goal is, to get into the docking bay and build a ship. We're not here to reclaim this ship, besides, mos of us would probably be a hindrance to the more experienced ones. What happens when the ship is built and one of the groups has not returned? I'd honestly book it and leave them but I don't think any of you would let me. So, I say we should try to sneak in as far as we can as one. Obviously, towards the area where they can build the ship.. Then we hold down there until it's built and fly out of here." He shrugged.  "That's my two cents in the matter anyways."

"Ah yes, because stealth worked so well last time. Besides, that would make it easy for the bugs to surround us and overwhelm us. It's better to risk a few of us to get the ship rather than let the entities just dogpile all of us and take all of this at once."

"All I'm saying is, it'll be easier to escape on the ship if we don't have to worry about every single group making it back in time or even alive." He lets out an annoyed sigh before continuing.  "Anyways if we are going to split up into groups lets hurry up and pick them." He looks around judging the others around him. The masked knight seemed capable enough though he'd need someone to throw to the dogs if things got hairy. "So, Meta Knight and uhhhh..."  Noticing the pink puff ball on the wheel he seemed like a perfect distraction. He pointed to the round creature.  "You! You two can be a group with me, unless you have any objections."

Elica adopts a thinking pose, chin on the back of her hand, as she mulls over there course of action.

"if we split into groups it should be based on our abilities and skills. Cim and I work best together so for us, joining the same group is a given. But I'm not sure just the two of us will be enough. I mostly just hit hard, and inflict posion. Cim can sense magic, and bind foes. Anyone up for joining us if we split."

she pauses, the posion has begun to drip from her fingers, spattering droplets on the ground every now and then.

"Of course if we stay together, our combined strength SHOULD be enough to cut a path through any resistance we encounter, and as already mentioned, keeps us from haveing to wait, or rescue another group."

The Tonberry revved his Wheelie, letting his blade hang limp in one hand as he leaned back in the seat lazily and scanned the structure, his chocobo hairdress bearing eerily close resemblance to the hair style of a certain human hero of his world- if humans could even be heroes -but whether it was in any way the intent of the reptilian killer when he'd made it years ago or not, remained to be scene...

"Take to long, they'll come out here and gut ya while you're talking. Come up with a plan and stick to it, before something notices us out here and gets any funny ideas..."

The Shadowbug magic is a constant dull buzzing to cim's sensors.

--

Meta Knight Nods.

"You, me and the Puffball cleave into the ship, and make a distraction.  Mario, Luigi, you go with the girl and the Aron, clear a way to the ship bay, Wario, Waluigi, go with the Gunner, drop the airmarker on the deck so I can call in the Aerial-Dees."

"Jigglypuff."

He addresses the pink puffball, who looks at him.

"Smash."

It grins at this, and begins rolling in place, flinging dirt behind it as it says it's name.

"Let's begin."

Edited by Hal Henderics

Keith hops on his Wheelie and makes sure it knows the plan. Then with dramatic timing he switches the safety off his gun.

"Last one on the deck gets Keter duty!"

With that said, Keith begins with the plan.

Edited by kj1225

Azurian stretches out a bit, getting his body limber for being a distraction. Though, with this job the chance of harm and death is high. Maybe if he keeps hidden all the enemies will focus on those two and not him.  "Alright, I'm ready. You two lead the way and I'll follow behind." Azurian spoke trying to act confident.  "Scans indicate that user has a lot of fear going forward with this plan." The device on his arm spoke immediately after he said that.  "Q-quite you! Enough standing around, lets go!" Azurian spoke with a mixture of embarrassment and anger. 

Follow behind Meta Knight and Kirby to do their part of The Plan

"Alright, let's kick some ass"

"And hopefully not die. Agian."

"Dont  be a winny bitch cim. If we die that just means we get to laze around while they do all the work."

cim sighs. Same old Elica 

"Yes mam"

Elica and Cim prepare to follow Mario and his bro, and execute there part of the plan