Gen 1 - Shiny Thread | Public Development

Jan

• Developers
49 minutes ago, HYCROX said:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bw1HU_sZjRnkQUcwbUkyWW9xRnM

Slowpoke, Slowbro and Magmar (front AND back) are now done, I'll do the Charmander line and Snorlax ones tomorrow.

The ideas are there, but these need some work. 

Firstly, you're actually editing the wrong backsprites.... We're switching from 4th Gen to 5th gen. I supplied you with the 5th gen back sprites in the

main post.

That aside, I have quite a bit of criticism. 

Spoiler

Well, let's start out with this. A lot of the outlines of the normal pokemon are left alone, which creates a conflicting contrast with the the new colors set in.

This mostly stands out with Voltorb and Electrode.

d915ed34b2130fe3deeb6d82eda05fa7.png->5c666c5a71637278763ef7f15f22f13a.png

You have to reblend the gray pixels around the eyes and the top of the sprite otherwise it'll look weird like this. When reblended, it'll look like this.

Though, I can't say I'm a huge fan of this color theme. I'm assuming it's supposed to be a Cyndaquil line theme. Perhaps try to mock a different Pokeball? Preferably not the Great or Ultra Ball. 

-----------------------

The hair on top of the Slowbro isn't the same resolution as the sprite, so it looks really really weird. You have to resize them by 50% before spriting anything new on them. 

fc0ee32b65411fbbc2491373c4049d50.png

-----------------------

4959633d37b102024aa06b137707e22d.png   ->  d1da2f159534a65aa1c53141a815dde8.png

The idea of coconut Exeggcute is cute, but I think the brown is too harsh. There's also a problem with the outline again.  If you brighten the colors a bit and add a black outline for the red, it'll come out looking like this. I'll be using the one I fixed up so you can move on to Exeggutor with my criticism in mind. Though I think some slight changes to the leaves might be good as well. 

-------------------------

fd9d7c2c7f549583f21294ac06fe941a.png

Same with Exeggcute. Amazing idea, but the execution isn't all there. the black shades are too similar so I can barely see its body. The blue is a nice blue in contrast, though. The outline needs fixing here as well. This one might need to be redone from scratch. 

------------------------

9d667b73b3c56196dd6894a02809363e.png

This one has outline problems too, but it isn't as bad. I just don't really think the color scheme here works. The blue and green are conflicting. I think it's best to start from scratch with this one. 

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Developers
1 hour ago, U-M said:

I'd like to try my hand at Cubone and Marowak.

Brainstorm: Camo Cubone

104s.png

I like the idea, but it needs a little work. There are outline problems that need to be fixed. Try changing the body's outline to a darker shade of the blue the body has. The red marks on the face needs to be blended slightly better. 

22 minutes ago, EliteFlyingTaco said:

Mew and Mewtwo are here! The Mega Mewtwo will be done tomorrow.

2ndMew151s.png

MewRejuv151b.png

2ndMewtwo150s.png

MewtwoRejuv150b.png

Approved! Nice work!!

26 minutes ago, Bluedodobob said:

Here's the beedrill line done (including mega).

013s.png013bs.png

014s.png014bs.png

015s.png015bs.png

015s_1.png015bs_1.png

I'll take the Pidgeot and Butterfree lines next.

A big improvement from what you showed me before. Darken the purple on all the sprites just a tad and show them to me again. Almost there!

• Developers
9 minutes ago, Cyanna Cyril said:

Here's the shiny Poliwag. Wasn't sure if you were going to like red or not, so wanted to know what you think before doing the rest similarly.

060.png

060b.png

Omg... That's literally so fkn cute. I love it.

been trying to work on a shiny arcanine since yesterday, will also do growlithe later

im gonna be honest, im not a high quality spriter, though. so even though im working on them rn its probably a good idea to allow other people to take a shot at them either way

(barkus is god)

edit: oh yes, small mention of what palette im using exactly- im trying to give arcanine a palette similar to stoutland, with the fur looking alike to stoutlands and the manes having the color of stoutlands 'stache. figured id let this know already so that if its not a good idea I can already start working on something else

6 minutes ago, Bazaro said:

Male Raticate has an extra grey pixel on its eye, and neither Raticate backsprite have red eyes.

ty, fixed now (hopefully). also the black lines just match the outline of the forums, they are there, jus trust me

Here's what I've got for Paras and Parasect so far:

32435e3d319f400a95c5aa49c824cc1a.png3685aef066614ae5872788b787a134b3.png

Liking the Parasect more than the Paras tbh. Get back to me when you can Janiel/Zum

Edit: Since it doesn't seem like anyone else wants it yet, I've got a Mankey loosely based on Stufful's color scheme (Minus the white):

57c919e8f45a484f9e1527731f0f60e7.png

Like the two above, I'll wait for approval before I start back sprites.

• Developers
18 hours ago, Njab said:

Gonna work on sandshrew,sandslash and psyduck

Hide contents

OsPd68N.gifyi8JZLX.gif9Wbs27g.gifezimba17213776674500.gif

Omg... This is so cute. Either Sandshrew works so I'm going to take the one on the left.. That Perry the Platypus Psyduck is too precious. Approved! 

3 hours ago, Guzam said:

Here's what I've got for Paras and Parasect so far:

32435e3d319f400a95c5aa49c824cc1a.png3685aef066614ae5872788b787a134b3.png

Liking the Parasect more than the Paras tbh. Get back to me when you can Janiel/Zum

Edit: Since it doesn't seem like anyone else wants it yet, I've got a Mankey loosely based on Stufful's color scheme (Minus the white):

57c919e8f45a484f9e1527731f0f60e7.png

Like the two above, I'll wait for approval before I start back sprites.

The colors for Paras and Parasect are good but they need to be corrected. The shading is a different shade of blue entirely. Perhaps add some saturation to the purple so that the spots stand out more. Overall pretty solid job! Mankey is fine too, so if you want to make a back sprite on that then go ahead. 

7 hours ago, Bluedodobob said:

Improved beedrills as requested.

Reveal hidden contents

013s.png013bs.png015s.png015bs.png015s_1.png015bs_1.png

Also, what do you think of monarch butterfree and pidgeospray?

012s.png018s.png

Beedrill line is accepted as complete. Monarch Butterfree is pretty nice and I like the idea. So that's approved. All I need is a backsprite (And the other gender differences for Butterfree.)

Pidgeot is fine, but I would go more toward a golden yellow rather than a greenish tint. 

5 hours ago, U-M said:

Alright, updated Cubone and Marowak:

104s.png105s.png

Not sure about the eye area on marowak, but Cubone looks a lot better to me.

The color choices are fine, but they need to be blended better. The outline on Cubone's and Marowak's body are still incorrect. They should be a dark blue instead of a green. Try adding a different shade of red to the spots. 

5 hours ago, EliteFlyingTaco said:

Put the Mega Mewtwo's on hold because I got an idea for Farfetch'd. Here's the front sprite.

083.png

Omg. That's cute. Approved. All I need is a back sprite now. 

5 hours ago, HYCROX said:

Ayyyy, that's pretty good

9e97b5e7a25f99412b8903d37580c5e9.png14edc6da164b793e733a2f8ffe4da9ae.png

Voltorb resembling a TM and Bluish Magmar. Yea or nay?

Voltorb is much better. I would avoid using brighter colors for Magmar. Try going with something darker. The outline is still incorrect here as well. It's a red when it should be dark/light blue. 

Also let's slow down on claiming stuff. Wait until I approve your other ones first. Quality over quantity is key!

• Developers
2 hours ago, Azeria said:

Switched around the colour schemes for Omanyte and Kabuto for fun. 

bZrtbE6.pngzY1IzBs.png

7KuHft6.pngSCszP2i.png

Oh and I made 2 versions of Aerodactyl but idk which one I like more.

W2qguNm.pngg61AdPD.png

I skipped this one by mistake so yolo double post. Just pretend it's one big post. Overall really solid job. 

I think I like the Aerodactly on the left better. Approved!

3 hours ago, Cyanna Cyril said:

Poliwhirl reporting for duty! Lemme know if you want me to clean them up in a certain way. Don't know if the front sprite's edges are good enough/

061.png

061b.png

Perfect! Approved.