Gen 1 - Shiny Thread | Public Development

Jan

5 minutes ago, Jan said:

This is extremely well done. Great work!

Edit:

Also opening up Cubone and Marowak. I haven't heard from the person who was originally editing this sprite.

i believed it was done, the one with blood on the skull

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Developers
Just now, Might Gai said:

i believed it was done, the one with blood on the skull

It had a lot of errors with it so I told them what to fix, but I haven't seen an updated one since. 

27 minutes ago, Jan said:

It had a lot of errors with it so I told them what to fix, but I haven't seen an updated one since. 

ok, i'll give it a try

and done, baby kanga cubone:

Spoiler

Hz53Uqy.pngQP69oPM.pnggaQ3aon.pngqxawC7q.png

Edited by Might Gai

44 minutes ago, MakaTorracat said:

Mega Kang has arrived :D Had a lot of fun spriting these guys, may take something else if it's available, or I will wait till next gen 

115_1s.png

115b_1s.png

The white lines behind the baby kanga eyes on the back sprite makes his eyes look big

• Developers
3 hours ago, Might Gai said:

ok, i'll give it a try

and done, baby kanga cubone:

Reveal hidden contents

Hz53Uqy.pngQP69oPM.pnggaQ3aon.pngqxawC7q.png

Nicely done! I'll accept these. 

2 hours ago, MakaTorracat said:

Mega Kang has arrived :D Had a lot of fun spriting these guys, may take something else if it's available, or I will wait till next gen 

115_1s.png

kang should be fixed now <3

115b_1s.png

Thanks! There are a couple open like Shellder and Cloyster. I'm a little behind of marking down claims, though...

36 minutes ago, Atticus said:

classic.

Hide contents

AXE0cdJ.pngR3MT9Lo.png

zpbb6zN.pngMT1xQUp.png

obvious_reference.avi

I'm dying. This is great. 

13 minutes ago, Dypatome said:

Everyone thinks of Vampire Zubat, so I went for an albino look instead?

Hide contents

ZubatSF.pngZubatfSF.pngGolbatSF.pngGolbatfSF.png

ZubatSB.pngZubatfSB.pngGolbatSB.png

Normally I would accept this, but Alex already made an Albino Ratata/Raticate. But yeah, staying away from Vampire Zubat may be best.

13 minutes ago, MakaTorracat said:

After I fix baby Kanga is it alright to work on Rhyhorn/Rhydon or are they claimed

Hycrox claimed those two, but if you want to take a shot at it, go ahead. 

7a51c0c40c25c85221cf610d1adad2b1.png

Gastly, Haunter and Gengar (with mega) are done. Golduck and the Rhyes will come in 2017 (Rhydon is taking me a while... but for a certain cause...)

Things are also hip, hop and hip-hop-hap in this drive: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bw1HU_sZjRnkQUcwbUkyWW9xRnM

Edited by HYCROX

• Developers
36 minutes ago, MakaTorracat said:

I'll take Shellder and Cloyster then

25 minutes ago, Atticus said:

I'll take mighty Lickitung then, since it is the last one left to be claimed I think?

Noted. ALso opened up Venonat and Venemoth. 

On 12/28/2016 at 11:37 AM, Bluedodobob said:

Here are the finished sprites for the Victreebel line.

Hide contents

069s.png069sb.png

/late but The shading on the front-sprite's leaves are backwards. The top/center of the leaves are supposed to be lighter while the bottoms are dark, as in the back sprite. The others in the line are fine

Lotso neat stuff here, almost wanna make stuff myself

• Developers
5 hours ago, Atticus said:

Lickitongue is done

fv7aUvl.pngiBQzW0Y.png

side effects of green lollipops

Approved! 

5 hours ago, Might Gai said:

venomoth is done, anymore non claimed shinies to finish with this gen ?

N8FbMzo.pngQ3s2VPZ.pngS8uJhXY.pngPGUmGiF.png

i like this color combination, it just feels warm

4 hours ago, Atticus said:

I think Pinsir is open to be claimed again? If it is, I'd like to work on it.

Go for it.

4 hours ago, MakaTorracat said:

Shellder and Cloyster will have to wait until after new years, someone else can take them if you need them now

There's no rush. Don't worry about it.

54 minutes ago, Might Gai said:

suggestion by Anti_Hero

enjoy telling your mons to breed with acid

YxdP5YF.png890I07O.png

I like this idea a lot. I'm going to go with this. 

• Developers
20 hours ago, HYCROX said:

7a51c0c40c25c85221cf610d1adad2b1.png

Gastly, Haunter and Gengar (with mega) are done. Golduck and the Rhyes will come in 2017 (Rhydon is taking me a while... but for a certain cause...)

Things are also hip, hop and hip-hop-hap in this drive: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bw1HU_sZjRnkQUcwbUkyWW9xRnM

Okay, so I have finally have enough time to sit down and quality check these. 

So, unfortunately, I'm going to have to turn down a lot of these. I've put them in my GG to quality check and a lot of them have a ton of shading issues/color usage issues and I do not have the time to fix all of this.

-- Doduo/Dodrio

The doduo's coloring is pretty off. The lightest shade in the original sprite is now the darkest for some reason? You used purple for

the outline, which doesn't work because the blue is so bright that it contrasts. The saturation difference between the legs/beak/neck are too great.

Blue should never be this bright, tbh. It's one of those colors that really hurts the eyes if they're too...lit up. 

-- Voltorb/Electrode

For Voltorb and Electrode, the coloring is fine here, but I think we could do so much more with it. I.e. mocking a different type of Pokeball. That and there are probably too many yellow shinies at this point. 

-- Snorlax

I really like Snorlax, though. So I think I'm going to keep this one. (I'm a fan of Totoro, okay)

-- Slowpoke/Slowbro

Although I think the Homer Simpson idea is clever, it's just extremely overdone and I think we could do something more original with it. 

--Exeggcute/Exeggutor

Exeggcute is fine, but I'm not satisfied with Exeggutor. It's barely changed other than the coconut head. Which I get is the point, but I don't think it's better

than the original shiny. We could do more with this. 

--Electabuzz

The idea of negative/blue-black Electabuzz is insanely cool, but the sprites suffer from the same coloring issues that Doduo suffers from. 

- Gastly Line

I think this one is your best work, tbh. These are really cool and they stand out pretty well. These are approved. 

So that leads us to the options you can take. You can go back and redo/fix the errors of these sprites, or you can withdraw and open them up to the public for others to work on.  (You will still be given credit for working on them). 

Either option I do really appreciate your help, and I'm really sorry if this came out to be overly critical/harsh. This is not my intention. I just want the best

quality possible when it comes to Rejuvenation.