If you could make your own ability...

Terror - Sound-based moves have 30% extra chance to flinch everyone on the field, spread/signature moves 10% (don't stack).
Strong ability, but gets balanced in doubles/triples (you can flinch your own mon without targeting it...)

Air Force - Takes less damage from Special Flying-type attacks. Also negates Tailwind, Whirlwind and Defog.

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Strong ability, but gets balanced in doubles/triples (you can flinch your own mon without targeting it...)

Inner focus mega gallade wants a word with you lol

I kinda like Viri's temporal shift for primal dialga because it is pretty much the same ability I gave my mega dialga, for an instant trick room. Except the effect on the recharge moves.

Mirror Scale is cool too. Someone thinks of mega milotic when they hear that?

Inner focus mega gallade wants a word with you lol

Hey, then that thing finally gets some use out of its ability (if it isn't faster already). Gets rekt by Inner Focus Crobat, tho.

The thing with Temporal Shift is that arguably the best nature for Dialga then would be Quiet, something Primal Dialga definitely wasn't in canon... :P

Phalanx - Jabs, Pecks, Drills, Charges... do not count as contact moves (Poison Jab, Drill Peck, Peck, Horn Drill, Drill Run, Wild Charge, Flare Blitz...)

Sacrifice Target - Upon fainting, draws in all of the opponents' moves, making them fail.

Well, it only makes sense for the Time God to be able to control all aspects of time and charging and recharging and all that stuff. It's ignominious that Dialga has to wait after using its signature move.

Primal Palkia could have Spatial Shift, which creates 5 turns of Gravity 'weather' and prevents the use of Protect and its variants, and allows all parties to bypass Substitute and the auto-immunity of moves like Fly and Dive (makes sense for the entity that controls space to be able to hit you wherever you are. Can't wait for time, can't hide from space!) Gravity also helps Palkia spam Hydro Pump and Thunder and Blizzard without fearing misses. That's actually as scary as Dialga under auto-TR.

And no, the only thing I think of when I imagine Mega Milotic is Serene Grace Scald and Moonblast...

It's actually pure evil, o god no...

EDIT: and that is not canonically primal, it's some kind of Dark Dialga stuff in Japanese. besides, homicidal maniacal gods can be awfully quiet before they start roaring and rampaging anyhow!

Forge- Powers up the user's fire-type moves by 1.5x if physically hit by a steel-type attacker.

Exclusive to Fire Types (Such as Slugma, Magcargo, Torkoal, etc.) Boost is capped at 1.5x, only activates on the first qualifying hit after the user switches in and resets if they swap out.

Corrosion- Steel Type foes take damage equal to 12% of their maximum health if they use a contact move on the user.

Exclusive to Poison Types (Grimer, Muk, Dragalge, etc)

Funeral Pyre- Supernatural Fires erupt from the body of the user, halving the foe's attack for as long as the user remains on the field, and dealing damage to them equal to 12% of their maximum health every turn.

Signature Ability of the Chandelure Line. Fire-types are not immune to the ability.

Purifying Heat- The user is immune to the statuses Toxic and Poisoned

Exclusive to Fire Types

United we Stand: As long as the Pokemon having this ability is in play in a Double/Triple/Inverse Battle, all party members have 15% increased damage output.

Retrograde: This Pokemon takes 10% increased super effective damage, but heals for 30% of the damage taken after being hit by one.

Stand by Me: In a double or triple battle, 20% of the damage taken by an ally is transferred to the Pokemon having this ability.

Assassin: The wielder's physical attacking move against a target at 40% or less health gains +1 priority.

Vengeful: After fainting, the wielder lowers the target's Attack or Special Attack by two stages, based on which type of attack was used to knock it out.

Edited by YagamiNoir4896

Well, it only makes sense for the Time God to be able to control all aspects of time and charging and recharging and all that stuff. It's ignominious that Dialga has to wait after using its signature move.

Primal Palkia could have Spatial Shift, which creates 5 turns of Gravity 'weather' and prevents the use of Protect and its variants, and allows all parties to bypass Substitute and the auto-immunity of moves like Fly and Dive (makes sense for the entity that controls space to be able to hit you wherever you are. Can't wait for time, can't hide from space!) Gravity also helps Palkia spam Hydro Pump and Thunder and Blizzard without fearing misses. That's actually as scary as Dialga under auto-TR.

You also gave your primal palkia pretty much the same ability I gave my mega palkia, 5 turns of gravity upon switching in lol. Kudos for mind sync. The idea was effectively to have STAB hydro pump never miss because of auto-gravity, but making protecting moves and substitute fail....maybe a bit too much? I am the first guy to fail for the "it has to make sense even if it is broken" philosophy when making abilities, but I would rather have the move spatial rend modified so that it could hit regardless of protection or substitute instead than having palkia ignore these with EVERY move it uses.

I wouldn't have a problem with dialga ignoring recharge turn of moves if it wasn't because roar of time is a STAB,150 base power move coming from a 150 base attack (which would probably be as high as 180 or more if we account we're talking about its primal form). You basically have 8 shots of a move that can OHKO everything dialga gets in front of him except for fairies, which are immune, but oh! dialga is also a steel type! so one STAB flash cannon and every fairy is dead too. I deem this among the same levels of brokeness as mega groudon's. I'm not saying it isn't cool (no recharge roar of time is cool as fuck), but I think instant trick room is enough for mega dialga as it is, at least personally.

Anyways, enough about discussing that, is not like my abilities are any less broken so I'm in no place to judge lol. Have some:

-Flytrap: draws in all bug-type moves to boost the attack stat. A cool ability for mons like victreebel and carnivine, that are based off carnivore plants, known for luring and/or attracting bugs with their sugary juices or aromas. Specially for carnivine, who is weak to bug types and also a physical attacker, having a weakness removed and its Attack boosted seems nice. Pair it with a hoopa unbound or a malamar in doubles and you have a fearsome companion at your disposal.

-Nocturnal: the pokemon is not scared of the dark. Makes the user immune to dark type attacks, but gaining no effect whatsoever from it (currently). It's just... immune to the dark.

-Pollinate: normal type moves become bug type moves. Like aerilate, turns return to the bug type and gives it a 30% boost in top of other modifiers.

-Pollinate: normal type moves become bug type moves. Like aerilate, turns return to the bug type and gives it a 30% boost in top of other modifiers.

Pollinate was already mentioned by someone else in the early stages. Heck all these -ate abilities have been suggested many times before already.

Pollinate was already mentioned by someone else in the early stages. Heck all these -ate abilities have been suggested many times before already.

I can't do anything about it, I haven't read the whole thread yet lol. Anyways:

Fixation: the pokémon's stats cannot be lowered nor raised, not even by itself. A seemingly useless ability, but give it to a mon with close combat or a similar move and you have a rather interesting attacker. Mold breaker bypasses this ability. Moves like nasty plot used by the user fail. Moves like fake tears or acupressure used by an ally fail. However, the user can be baton passed stat boosts by an ally.

Determination: protect's the user from Sp.Def lowering attacks. The user cannot have its special defense lowered.

Burn heal: restores HP if the pokémon is burned. Same as poison heal, but with a flame orb.

I can't do anything about it, I haven't read the whole thread yet lol. Anyways:

Fixation: the pokémon's stats cannot be lowered nor raised, not even by itself. A seemingly useless ability, but give it to a mon with close combat or a similar move and you have a rather interesting attacker. Mold breaker bypasses this ability. Moves like nasty plot used by the user fail. Moves like fake tears or acupressure used by an ally fail. However, the user can be baton passed stat boosts by an ally.

Determination: protect's the user from Sp.Def lowering attacks. The user cannot have its special defense lowered.

Burn heal: restores HP if the pokémon is burned. Same as poison heal, but with a flame orb.

You should be reading the thread before you post to avoid repetition of abilities brought up by someone else, not to be rude and/or hostile. Burn heal has already been mentioned.

You should be reading the thread before you post to avoid repetition of abilities brought up by someone else, not to be rude and/or hostile. Burn heal has already been mentioned.

I will read the pages I haven't been through when I have time. For the time being, if I or someone else brings up an ability that was already mentioned with the same effect or the same name, I would rather preffer it to be ignored.

EDIT: the same I would like to apply in the case that at some point I repeat an ability of mine twice in different posts. I will try to ensure it doesn't happen, like the above, but if it happens I really don't see a major problem with it other than ignoring it.

Lol, I know full well that PPalkia's and PDialga's abilities and general concept itself is broken. That's my intentional idea!

And don't even get me started on Primal Giratina: Vortex Whorl. An ability that creates 5 turns of Topsy Turvy 'weather', such that when PTina switches in, all stat changes, both pre-existing and subsequently for five turns, are reversed. So it can switch in on a +2,+2 Mega Mence and turn it to -2,-2. And subsequently, it can spam Draco Meteor and gain +2 each time!

Broken, isn't it?

Lol, I know full well that PPalkia's and PDialga's abilities and general concept itself is broken. That's my intentional idea!

And don't even get me started on Primal Giratina: Vortex Whorl. An ability that creates 5 turns of Topsy Turvy 'weather', such that when PTina switches in, all stat changes, both pre-existing and subsequently for five turns, are reversed. So it can switch in on a +2,+2 Mega Mence and turn it to -2,-2. And subsequently, it can spam Draco Meteor and gain +2 each time!

Broken, isn't it?

Lol, that one is indeed broken af, but it sounds super fun. Specially because it affects all pokemon in the field at once apparently. You can pair it with a choice scarf, draco meteor hydreigon or a close combat mega lucario (since this gira is a primal), and basically be unstoppable for those 5 turns. And giratina itself can spam draco meteor. And hoopa unbound could get defense boosts from hyperspace fury. Dragon ascent would make mega rayquaza bulkier.

Truly broken, but fun. There should be a pokemon fangame called pokemon broken, and have most of these abilities be included.

Flowey - Grass-type moves have 30% additional chance to flinch. (Additional HA for Sunflora? That would be funny. Maybe special shiny sprite in Reborn, too, yikes!)

Frozen Armor - When frozen, triples Def and SpD. Makes holder susceptible to freezing. (Meant for Ice-types. Maybe add that the user can still use Psychic-moves?)

EDIT 1/6/16:

Multiskill - The pokemon can learn five moves instead of four.

Edited by laggless01

Huge Pure Power - Quadruple you attack power

And give it to only to Dunsparce for good measure.

Ascension - basically a better version of Levitate that grants STAB boosts to Flying-type moves.

Cover fighter - ups evasion, but lowers accuracy (equivalent of two stages).

For Psyduck/Golduck:
Headaches - Boost Special Attack four stages when confused.
---
Pyromaniac - has 30% chance to inflict BURN when using a Fire-type move.

Photosynthesis - Recovers HP in sunny weather. (Doubles in Desolate Land?)

Boiler - When sunny, Water moves have 50% chance to burn.

Sand Control - In sandstorm, boosts defense by 50%. Physical attacks on the mon have a chance to inflict Sand Tomb-status.

Icicle Vortex - In Hail, Special Flying moves inflict physical Ice-type damage equivalent to its BP. (balanced by Hail boosting moves dealing at least neutral damage to the holder)

Edited by laggless01

Compensation: When the lower defensive stat is targeted, the stat is calculated as (P.Def + S.Def)/2.

Last Stand: All stats increase by 10% for each member of the party KO'd

I like the Headache one. Sand Control is broken as hell!

Counterstrike: Deals 1/8th of the attacker's HP back when hit by a ranged move.

Gaara is broken as hell, too, so...yeah. You still need to set up, though.

Salty (for Water-types) - Water-moves by and aimed at the attacker do super-effective damage to Water types. (because osmosis)

Sweating - Restores PP when hit by a Water-move in the sun.

Bomber - Throws its held item when flying. (basically using Fling before landing the hit) Heavy objects don't affect the holder.

Erosion - Lowers defense in sandstorm and rain. Water-moves deal equal additional BP Ground-type damage (regardless of typing/ability) in sandstorm, while Rock- and Ground-moves deal equal additional BP Water-type damage in the rain.

Impure Erosion - Heals Poison, Burn, Paralysis and Freezing in sandstorm.

Tad too complex, this last one.

Ironclad: This Pokemon takes halved damage from contact moves.

Give it to more steel types. Profit.

>Ferrothorn

>Ironclad

>Rocky helmet

>Leech seed, rest, sleep talk, gyro ball

>L·O·L

this set is not responsible for any special fire and/or fighting opponents the player might find.

Oh, I'm sorry, I forgot to mention the Mega Ferrothorn I'm going to do shorty will have that ability. Clever of you to guess.

And it will also get a long-overdue access to Spiky Shield...and Synthesis.

I like to watch the world suffer.

And here's another one, for relevance's sake:

Berserker: Certain moves which involve a great risk to the user deal 1.3x damage. This includes all recoil moves and moves which cause a rampage and subsequent confusion, as well as moves that cause self-stat drops.

Give this to a Dragon/Fighting Pokémon. Abuse Close Combat/Superpower/HJK, Outrage, Draco Meteor and Head Smash.

Hahahahahaha.