Most memorable battle in Reborn so far?

Alistair

Just what the title says, what do you consider the most iconic, memorable fight in Reborn? It can be for whatever reasons: sheer difficulty, high stakes, charismatic characters... you name it.

I would personally select two:

- Player vs Elias, Citae Arc d'Astrae. GlitchxCity's Johto gym remix is exclusive to this fight so far, which emphasises its gravity. The setting is magnificent, and you face no less than the avatar of a God. It's hard to top that.

- Player & Cain vs Dr.Sigmund, Yureyu building. That one is totally subjective. Sigmund is one of my favorite characters, he's a really interesting antagonist and the fact that you have to team up with Cain (another one of my favs) to beat him at this point makes him look like a total badass.

Most importantly, the music.

Eargasm.

(On a side note, I'm a bit frustrated the game doesn't let you team up with Cain again at Radomus' to take on Elias. It would have been one awesome battle. But I understand it just wouldn't make any sense to let you fight - let alone defeat - an E4 so early in the game.)

So, what do you think?

Player & Florina VS Solaris & ... whats-his-face inside Amaria's house.

If there was one thing I did not expect, it was a second battle against Solaris. What's better is that it feels like a more legit battle than when he wrecked the player at that volcano. I think I would've preferred if it was just the player against Solaris alone, since then it feels more like YOU'RE destroying him on your own. But nonetheless, I still really like this battle.

Player Vs. Shade.

This was the first time I realized, things were at stake in this game. Yes the train station blew up, and Corey happened, but after seeing his predictions/prophecies, it dawned upon me that this was more than a simple Pokemon game. His track is amazingly creepy, and the fact that the first Pokemon he sends out is named Corey was just the icing on the cake.

One of my most memorable battles is the one against Dr. Sigmund Connal in the Belrose Mansion.

Simply because what follows it (If you do things correctly, that is) is my favorite moment (So far) of Pokémon Reborn: "Sapphira's Dragonite using Hyper Beam on Dr. Connal and he goes through the wall."

ZdLn81c.png

10/10

This is also the part where Team Meteor grunts start to die for real, and you realize that perhaps not everyone on "your side" is all that ok~

I'm torn between the battle against Blake on Ametrine Mountain and the battle against Solaris in the Fiore(?) Mansion.

The former has an amazing setting: On a frost-capped mountain, hail crashing down while you are up against one of the masters of Ice. Even though I don't like fighting Ice-types myself, them being my favorite type, I did not mind it simply because by that point I just wanted to bring Blake down. That, and, for once, on my Ice-Mono run, having battles before him where I had all the advantages and not my opponents.

Solaris, meanwhile, is just an awesome battle. Finally, you get to have a proper battle against the Pseudo-leader of Team Meteor and he does not hold back. Then again, neither should you. And just bringing down his demonic Garchomp at the end of a long battle, one that nearly killed us - twice - and killed Kiki...

I think I would've preferred if it was just the player against Solaris alone, since then it feels more like YOU'RE destroying him on your own. But nonetheless, I still really like this battle.

I do believe we're going to get our 1v1 with Solaris... soon

Having him die or disappear before we legit beat him on our own would be a waste of a good antagonist imo.

Player Vs. Shade.

Shade almost made the cut for me, but I thought choosing 3 battles would have been kinda unfair given my title was about THE most memorable battle =P

One of my most memorable battles is the one against Dr. Sigmund Connal in the Belrose Mansion.

Simply because what follows it (If you do things correctly, that is) is my favorite moment (So far) of Pokémon Reborn: "Sapphira's Dragonite using Hyper Beam on Dr. Connal and he goes through the wall."

I wasn't aware of this part. What does one need to do in order to get that scene? Refuse to fight Sigmund at Yureyu, then stay downstairs when the Meteors raid Belrose Mansion?

Player & Florina VS Solaris & ... whats-his-face inside Amaria's house.

If there was one thing I did not expect, it was a second battle against Solaris. What's better is that it feels like a more legit battle than when he wrecked the player at that volcano. I think I would've preferred if it was just the player against Solaris alone, since then it feels more like YOU'RE destroying him on your own. But nonetheless, I still really like this battle.

True that's definitely my most memorable fight as well. The partner who teams up with Solaris is New World Orderly John by the way. Dr Connal's right hand man. It's just such a big challenge, having to fight off a couple of foot soldiers, the mansion getting stormed by more and more enemies and then for the grand finale, Solaris fights you for real. The guy who cockily thought a single Garchomp could win against my Prankster-Perish Song. Seriously though it's the point where you realise you're playing in the big league now. But for me it wasn't all about Solaris. No, it's also about John. Just a few badges ago, he was an almost random child-torturing-assistant to Dr.Connal, but now he shows up in a sweet new uniform and kicks your ass being on par with Solaris. Heck we don't even know all too much about this new trainer class he belongs to. The battle shows you that yes, you may have improved a lot and are now gradually getting ready to take on the big shots. But the other side has stepped up their game as well and we don't yet know what will be thrown at us.

It's this combination of having an old enemy coupled with a new one that makes it my most memorable moment.

The battle against PULSEgrowth in Obsidia Park is memorable to me as a marker for the exact moment I fell in love with the game. Though less for the battle alone and more for the entire scene. Hah~

I was skeptical about whether or not I'd like Reborn at first, and while my impression of the game wasn't bad at all up until Obsidia, it wasn't until I got to fight my way through the overgrown park that I really got sucked into the game's atmosphere.

I miss the old forest map for this reason. While I know why it was removed, I immensely enjoyed how tense it felt to navigate the place, to see Rini and Amy tangled in the vines, and to eventually be met with the very first PULSE 'mon at the end of the path.

...It was quite tricky, though. I remember Tangrowth having the forest field and electric coverage, which made it a little harder for my dearest Noctowl to take it down. My first attempt had me unprepared, and I was caught completely off-guard when the damn thing shocked my best bird into oblivion.

In the end we did it, though.

tumblr_inline_ogur9lisaN1tvim1h_500.png

Seeing a PULSE 'mon for the first time felt wonderfully eerie to me. The person who got me into the game did warn me that several boss battles had Pokémon with enhanced stats, but I hadn't seen them until then, and was thoroughly surprised.

I am not exactly the biggest fan of Mega Evolution, but the way Reborn used the concept for the PULSE system immediately appealed to me.

I like it when a game allows me to picture what happens in my head, and this fight made it all too easy for me. Imagining my character and Noctowl facing that enormous monstrosity (completely unprepared, never having seen anything like it before), certain that they might be fighting for their lives there, was epic.

The set-up and the fight alone already are enough to make this game moment memorable to me. The fact that it introduced my favourite characters made it even better.

Honorable mention goes to the battle against Solaris at the Fiore Mansion. Man it felt so good to be begrudgingly complimented by the guy.

Something about having the (former) leader of Team Meteor himself acknowledge how powerful you've become is just so satisfying. It's one thing to be respected for your abilities by your allies. It's another thing entirely when it comes from your enemy.

Edited by Ama

The battle against PULSEgrowth in Obsidia Park is memorable to me as a marker for the exact moment I fell in love with the game. Though less for the battle alone and more for the entire scene. Hah~

I was skeptical about whether or not I'd like Reborn at first, and while my impression of the game wasn't bad at all up until Obsidia, it wasn't until I got to fight my way through the overgrown park that I really got sucked into the game's atmosphere.

I miss the old forest map for this reason. While I know why it was removed, I immensely enjoyed how tense it felt to navigate the place, to see Rini and Amy tangled in the vines, and to eventually be met with the very first PULSE 'mon at the end of the path.

Oh yes, I remember the old forest map. I tried my hands on E12 briefly before switching to E15 about a year ago. I agree that it added tension to the whole scene, that was great. Besides, the track it used, a remix of the legendary beasts theme from gen II, is barely heard in the current version of the game. Only before Radomus' battle iirc.

I wasn't aware of this part. What does one need to do in order to get that scene? Refuse to fight Sigmund at Yureyu, then stay downstairs when the Meteors raid Belrose Mansion?

It's been a while since I've been through that part (Episode 10 :v), but I stole this from Losty's old post along with the image before~

I wish I had a screenshot of Saphira Hyper Beaming him through the wall, but I'm too lazy to go find my save from near there. Oh well.

The order of events is: Battle Sirius at the Yureyu Building, and choose to stop Sigmund when prompted (in Tanzan Cove, I mean). Best alt path because Laura tells you stuff, too.

So that's how you do it~

There are so many good battles it's hard to pick a favorite...but I would have to pick the one with the player and Cain vs Dr. Sigmund. The atmosphere is really tense and the music is amazing. The first time I heard it I legit got goosebumps.

The battle vs Blake is also really good-as is the gym battle vs Shade.

Solaris battle atop the volcano. I had no idea what I was getting myself into but I still won. Not by any incredible skill but just some unadulterated luck. My Torterra let out a leech seed after his first Dragon Rush missed and a combination of Low Level sturdy Onix, Potions and leech seed stalled him out until he struggled himself to death. i evolved that Onix later just as a thank you

Easily the fight with Solaris on Pyrus Mountain. Even if you get your ass kicked (or you beat him some destiny bond shannangins) it was the first time the game really took off it's kiddy gloves. We have seen things like world take over before in pokemon, but murder, that is a whole different thing.

There are so many good battles it's hard to pick a favorite...but I would have to pick the one with the player and Cain vs Dr. Sigmund. The atmosphere is really tense and the music is amazing. The first time I heard it I legit got goosebumps.

Aw yes! YEEEEESSSS! *manly tears from relatable experience*

To me, its the first battle against Solaris. I still can't forgive him for beating me. I hope we will get a chance for a one on one battle against him, so I can beat the crap out of him and win back my honor. Grrr. I want to crush that guy. :angry:

• Global Mods

I'd say the battles with the most impact are:

-vs Solaris at Pyrous Mountain. A battle you're not expected to win (I actually remember reading there was originally no dialogue difference when winning here because Ame didn't think anyone would), meant to show that Team Meteor's boss is way out of your league.

-vs El. Another Solaris-like fight, except you have to win if you choose Radomus and possibly slightly easier since you're closer in level. And this isn't even the real Arceus. I'd say it's slightly less impactful than the Pyrous Mountain battle since at this point we already know we need to get stronger and the gap has closed a little, to the point where depending on what you choose you have to win. But still worth mentioning.

-vs Solaris (and John) at Fiore Mansion. This battle shows how much the player has progressed since the Pyrous Mountain incident, as we're now at the same level as Solaris. Not to mention this battle comes right after cleaning out Reborn's water and Solaris's plan after losing failed as much as he did against us. This scene was one of the few, maybe only so far, where Team Meteor lost completely. Other times either they got away with something they wanted or they had so many other plans in progress that it was just a minor setback (Tanzan was a loss for them, but Lin beat Saphira so there's that). But this time, they're actually embarrassed at how destroyed they got and the only idea Solaris has is to tell Lin, which he's hesitant to do presumably out of fear + differing goals + being scolded like the Tanzan team was.

I'd say the battle with Corey, purely because this was the point I realised that this game is on a whole other level, I mean like when you play you realise that its not just your regular game, but the aftermath of that battle, WOW!!

Definitely this.. it was also the first time I witness a death in a pokemon game

Another memorable battle, IMO, is:

Player & Aya VS Aster & Eclipse

This battle took me FOREVER to beat the first time I played this game. Of course, the biggest reason was because I was a noob and had literally no idea how to play Pokémon properly. But this battle still is a good battle, even if the cutscene afterwards is rather sad. Gosh, I'mma miss these two clowns.