Most memorable battle in Reborn so far?

Alistair

Well, there were so many for me, but the truly special ones were... well...

My favourites were Corey, as it was the first one when I felt like the stakes were really high in the game. And also due to the fact that I managed to solo him (non-mist) with Emolga XD, and Shade, because that's where the plot truly started to develop, and also because Shade is perhaps my favourite character in Reborn.

I see lots of people mentioning Charlotte, and I can definitely agree that it's a memorable battle in the difficulty department. Of course it depends largely on the player's team, some people would find her easy, but I think it's the only battle that made me a tad pissed at the Field Effect system because hers just gives her a crazy amount of advantages. At least compared to say, Radomus' which was barely even a factor when I fought him. Or Noel's, but that doesn't really count because we don't fight him in his gym.

Another memorable battle, IMO, is:

Player & Aya VS Aster & Eclipse

This battle took me FOREVER to beat the first time I played this game. Of course, the biggest reason was because I was a noob and had literally no idea how to play Pokémon properly. But this battle still is a good battle, even if the cutscene afterwards is rather sad. Gosh, I'mma miss these two clowns.

That's interesting. I've read a lot of people here and there saying it was a very difficult battle, like gym leader level, and blaming Aya's A.I. for being stupid (not saying it's your case, just pointing this out). But honestly I didn't think it was that bad. If anything the events immediately following the fight are indeed more memorable.

Edited by Alistair

That's interesting. I've read a lot of people here and there saying it was a very difficult battle, like gym leader level, and blaming Aya's A.I. for being stupid (not saying it's your case, just pointing this out). But honestly I didn't think it was that bad. If anything the events immediately following the fight are indeed more memorable.

I think that like every battle, it really depends on your team. I've done several runs of Reborn. On one of them, I actually beat them on the first try.

I guess I like the battle since it's a great battle for what will be the last battle against Aster and Eclipse as a pair. I really like those clowns.

I think that like every battle, it really depends on your team. I've done several runs of Reborn. On one of them, I actually beat them on the first try.

I guess I like the battle since it's a great battle for what will be the last battle against Aster and Eclipse as a pair. I really like those clowns.

Yeah I feel you, gonna miss them too :(

Its a tie for me. Corey's battle was the first time I had lost in the game and it was very upsetting at the difficulty spike as well as the seriousness of the fight. If Pokemon games had gameovers this would be the best spot for the "alternate ending". Solaris.... I remember going from being pumped up climbing the volcano to excited to see a big shot to hysterical laughter when he said he'd use one pokemon then seeing legit only one pokemon and thinking this guy is a typical dumbass pokemon villain. Then I saw that healthbar and next to it was my new most hated number ever 75... and I thought this game was unfair as it ohko'd everything without the field breaking it down or someone cutting in to save me last minute and after the ease of X and Y I was expecting help but it never came and I watched my starter get bodied. I will not be satisfied until I truly beat Solaris without gimmicks or help on my own in a true rematch. Meteor does not forgive. Neither do I.

My favorite battle so far has to be the siege on Titania's manor. The mere fact that the Player Character is now considered a such a significant threat to Team Meteor to warrant two consecutive double-battles is awesome to think about. Not to mention, on my play-through I was able to decimate Solaris' team, which was cathartic after the incident at Pyrous Mountain. Not to mention aside from your fights the other gym leaders were doing their own thing in holding off Meteor at the same time.

Some battles are definitely harder than others. There's a reason people complained so much about pre-nerf Florina and Charlotte.

Some battles are definitely harder than others. There's a reason people complained so much about pre-nerf Florina and Charlotte.

Man, pre-nerf Florinia was crazy hard for an early game leader... It's not exactly the type of battle I'd call really memorable, but in terms of difficulty yeah she was top-notch.

Edited by Alistair

When talking about the most difficult battles, I would have to go with Aya or Charlotte. Plus Aya's field embodies the essence of a manmade apocalypse very well, which is epic in itself. Also the fact, that Cain's family just casually lives IN A WASTELAND THAT BASICALLY GOT ITS OWN MIND????!?!!!? is haunting and badass. I hope that the Wasteland will be important again later on.

When talking about the most difficult battles, I would have to go with Aya or Charlotte. Plus Aya's field embodies the essence of a manmade apocalypse very well, which is epic in itself. Also the fact, that Cain's family just casually lives IN A WASTELAND THAT BASICALLY GOT ITS OWN MIND????!?!!!? is haunting and badass. I hope that the Wasteland will be important again later on.

That would sure be nice, I like the Wasteland too. But given the already good number of sidequests that took place there, I wouldn't hope too much. We've thoroughly explored dat Wasteland, there's no room for much more atm...

- First of all, the battle against Julia. The reason? It was when I realized that Reborn was serious business. That game was going to be hard. Painfully, mercilessly hard. I'd have to become twice the Pokémon player I was to progress in that game.

- PULSE! Tangrowth. Holy shit. Because it was attached to that weird machine, I expected Tangrowth to become stronger, but I wasn't prepared to see it turning into that nightmare inducing... thing. I also felt bad for the Pokémon, and kind of hoped we would be able to save it. It kicked my ass with little effort. And on the top of everything I said, there was also that amazing soundtrack.

- Both battles agains Solaris. To see that ridiculously overleveled monster sweep my whole team before the other character's eyes; they almost couldn't believe that even The Protagonistwasn't able to defeat him... And then being able to get my revenge on him and his Garchomp was incrediby satisfying, made me feel like the protagonist became much stronger during their adventure. And again, the soundtrack.

- Charlotte. Ahhhhh, Charlotte. (I love her by the way) Duuude, what a frustrating fight. I had to change my team and test many strategies until I got that right. The thing is, I barely remember the battle itself, but I remember being frustrated, resetting the game and absolutely losing my shit(in a good way) when I finally defeated her.

Edited by Lunatic

I'd say my most memorable battle is actually the fight against Kiki. She was really the first trainer in Reborn that made me go completely out of my way to train up a new Pokemon and level grind the ones I already had! I still get nightmares about that Lucario of hers...

Other than that I also really liked the Ditto Arceus battle and the fight against Blake, they were lot's of fun and really made me use my head!

-The battle against Charlotte. This is not so much as memorable, as it was insanely difficult, and every day I remind myself I only won because of luck. Even with Crobat's rain dance, Mamoswine's EQ, Walrein's Blizzard and Surf, Blaziken's insane attack power, and Sharpedos immense speed and attack, I won because of luck. Walrein and Crobat both out to ensure the rain, I get the rain off but she doesn't use a grass move on Walrein, meaning I cooled the field down with Blizzard. That was a lucky break in a string of at least 20 losses, and then the rain boosted, non-hindered-by-field Walrein and Sharpedo just devastate with their moves, and it all came down to Ninetales and Delphox vs Blaziken and Sharpedo, and finally I won.

-The battle against Dr. Sigmund in the old Yureyu building. You thought this guy was messed up before? Shortly before you enter you hear him electrocuting children, which is really fucked up. I can't help but compare him to Colress a bit, as far as amoral scientist goes anyway, which is why the theme fit him so well. The fact that you HAVE to team up with someone as strong as Cain means this man is trouble, and his team took full advantage of the field and was overall very difficult even with Cain's help. After this battle, the alliance between Team Meteor and Dr. Sigmund's group is pretty much cemented and the threat escalates even further later on.

-The second battle with Solaris and Orderly John. I myself cheesed the first fight with a focus slash destiny bond, so didn't have a score to settle for that, but this man is responsible for Kiki's death, as well as others. Solaris is the supposed boss of Team Meteor, who has finally recognized that you are someone worth using his full team against, even against a gym leader as well, and he has Orderly John help him in battle as opposed to Sirius. After humiliating Blake and Fern, two of the organizations newer agents, he has no choice but to take matters into his own hands, and than he loses. Team Meteor suffers an incredible loss for the first time, as I remember anyway. Now we have to wait and see what Lin will bring to us in order to correct Solaris' failure, not to mention Taka's punishment as a result of the water system defeat. I have a feeling we won't see Taka again, and Solaris will be changed because of that, so the after effects of this battle are immensely important as well, as this may be the last time we have seen Solaris as we knew him. He was difficult, and Orderly John augmented his team all the more.

The first one I base on difficulty, the second and third I base more on the pretense, and the after effects of the battles, as they change everything.