5 Years Ago

HughJ

Let's see... 5 years ago was 7th grade was when I met the one guy currently in our friend group who I loathe. I guess telling myself to avoid him would work but somehow I feel the fate of being mutually close to his inflated-ego would be unavoidable.

"Keep a diary. It'll make it easier for me to remember you."

Trying to save my past self from anything to come sounds like a recipe for disaster. Not even gonna attempt.

But I really, truly wish they had written down more about their feelings back then. Something tangible to replace my lost memories.

"20July2016. Do not let your parents talk to hers. Stop being afraid of Mom, and stand up for your own happiness."

2011 me wouldn't know who the her in this message means. We didn't meet until 2014.

If he/I remembered this message on the fateful day, he/I probably wouldn't have even waited until the event to follow the advice. He/I might have even turned the Dinner of Doom around by actually lashing out when Mom made her accusations.

Now, if I could send myself back in time, I would. I'd let events play out as they did in reality, but when they drove back to "rescue" me, future!me would swoop in to replace past!me.

140 characters? Thats a lot of numbers from many different lotterirs around the world. I would plan it so the dates and places are pretty spread out to avoid unwanted attention.

If the above is done, who cares if I have failed almost all my classes and officially at my 10th year in uni?

I would leave some space for a side note to be more serious about learning programming cuz of stuff I will want to do in the future.

And since I would have more time for myself since I will not have to work, to start a good program of exercise and healthy yet tasty diet to preserve my awesome self for eons to come

Offcourse I would.

Dump your current gf. When you get to know that new woman studing in Japan say that you love her at the right time. When you are f****** her so hard that she kisses you. DON'T buy that blue truck. It's engine is not okay!

That. If all those things go good then my life probably would have been better.

And it's not that I'm not over that girl who studied in Japan. But damn, that was one fine woman... 9,5/10 if I have to rate her.

Edited by Adventurer

I'm a firm believer in the butterfly effect and that even the smallest of changes in my behavior 5 years ago will in the end drastically alter my future so I can't say I'd really want to leave any message. But for the hell of it, if it somehow could just not drastically my life today, I'd say this.

You're gonna meet a guy online in about 1-2 years don't give him a chance at all he'll just fuck you up dude.

See all those school friends you have? Just stick with that one. No, not that one with the blonde hair, the dude. Yeah him. TW#1

He will spend all your money on alcohol but he's the most tolerable of the bunch. You're lifelong friends with him. Cherish it. TW#2

Sincerely,

Five years later Zey