[OOC: READ FIRST] Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden^2 (Accepting Signups)

Chevaleresse

To be perfectly honest, he's made himself so spectacularly unlikable that nobody bothered. Full power megalomania is not the way to make friends with anyone, and he's suggested/thought about killing or exploiting the pants off everyone he meets. Really coming across as an evil character there.

Edited by Zoe_Walker

I suggest that we give one of the bangles to The glowing bottle of ketchup; he took a lot of damage the last time we met some of the heartless, and I would suggest we give one to Visrii, but I'd wait until he stops being Belkar inspired and starts being Rambo inspired, because I don't think that PTSD equals stab murdering.

To be perfectly honest, he's made himself so spectacularly unlikable that nobody bothered. Full power megalomania is not the way to make friends with anyone, and he's suggested/thought about killing or exploiting the pants off everyone he meets. Really coming across as an evil character there.

Not evil, really aggressive.

Also, that wasn't an honest suggestion. More like an inappropriate joke - will tone it down from here.

[10:07 PM] TACHIBANA SYLPHYNFORD: Um

[10:07 PM] TACHIBANA SYLPHYNFORD: Okay

[10:07 PM] TACHIBANA SYLPHYNFORD: So he has

[10:07 PM] TACHIBANA SYLPHYNFORD: Librarians in his hammerspace

[10:07 PM] TACHIBANA SYLPHYNFORD: Who

[10:07 PM] TACHIBANA SYLPHYNFORD: Throw the helicopter books that are not magical

[10:08 PM] TACHIBANA SYLPHYNFORD: Through the multiverse transversing portals

[10:08 PM] TACHIBANA SYLPHYNFORD: Which are also not magical

[10:08 PM] TACHIBANA SYLPHYNFORD: At the command of his ring

[10:08 PM] TACHIBANA SYLPHYNFORD: Which is

[10:08 PM] TACHIBANA SYLPHYNFORD: Completely mundane

[10:08 PM] TACHIBANA SYLPHYNFORD: And not magical

Am I missing something here? Because this all sounds pretty damn magical

Can you, in the future, at least run the creation of NPCs that can't reasonably be assumed to exist (shopkeepers, random bystander villagers) by me, first?

Also, there's no way that man would know anything about angels because they don't exist in this universe, outside of maybe some obscure summon materia

Strider, are we in a shop right now? Because I have yet to receive a potion.

Edit: Also I just noticed this, shouldn't Visrii's Res stat be 0+2 which is treated as +4 when hit by a magical attack?

Double Edit: I am thinking of going to meet a shopkeeper NPC who will give me a potion as opposed to a glass of hot tea, and maybe we should give Kagari one of the bangles as well? I'm in the whole reinforce any potential weaknesses mindset right now.

Edited by Cronos5010

Can you, in the future, at least run the creation of NPCs that can't reasonably be assumed to exist (shopkeepers, random bystander villagers) by me, first?

Also, there's no way that man would know anything about angels because they don't exist in this universe, outside of maybe some obscure summon materia

i see. its getting late for me to write something to replace it, just ignore it and delete that post, ill just leave it empty.

http://www.pokemonreborn.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=22920&page=30#entry585730

Edited by Ragnar

You can have regular shopkeepers and stuff, that's fine.

EDIT: And highly belated Mikah notes:

-Specify if Red Strings is a free action.

-SYN scaling on your coins is kind of insane. STR*2 is a looot of extra damage for a gear bonus like this. Having that on top of life drain is. . . yeah.

-Aced that Defense! is an INT, not a SYN quality, as is the status res. I really don't like how the status res goes to a 75% chance after you get your roll modifier.

-First Aid can add your SYN to the heal.

-Reduce the heal scaling on Chance of a Lifetime to just SYN for now.

-Demon Coins is literally a ranged basic, you can do more with it than that. Make it AoE or higher damage or something.

Complexity: (+3 from having to note every die result+1 buff tracking+2 extra rolls on multiple actions+2 from further roll modification on everything+1 for tracking damage for healing)=9, possibly low estimate.

Alright so does this seem like a ridiculous shopping list to you?

Eight strips of smoked beef, two sausages made from "beef", one large hardtack (of the old civil war variety which is better used as a bludgeoning weapon than as actual food), two loaves of brown bread, a canteen, 100 grams of dried peas, two carrots and a sack to hold it all in a single place.

Also are all of the alcoholic drinks kept by "Cid" or was that just the whiskey?

Just a quick list of which people are at (or in) the rendezvous point to meet Leon:

Edmond

Jesse

Alexandria

Kagari

Hellfire Knight (Hiroki)

Aurora

Katsup + Gwaedu

If I missed anyone, just tell me.

Edited by Strider
More people have entered.

I don't really need "the good stuff" I'll let the whiskey aficionados worry about getting whiskey, I'll take my multipurpose disinfectant, potential molotov cocktail , and emergency drinking water even if it's actually tastes very bad. (And yes; I know that beer isn't supposed to do most of that).

Edit: Solomon is currently heading towards Edmond right now, he was too busy being unconscious to hear about it being the rendezvous; he is still looking for some tea.

Edited by Cronos5010

Yo, I'm one of the guys that played on Bay12.

Name:  Kyle Johnson
Race: Caucasian human
Sex: Male
Appearance:  A slightly tanned Caucasian human male. He enjoys wearing suits and loafers (Why he finds it comfortable no one can guess.) with a trilby to finish off the look. He looks like he wants to be Mafia even though they’ve been gone for years. Under the suit he is covered in tattoos of geometric shapes in a hypnotizing pattern. Additionally he carries his Ifruit at all times so he can listen to his tunes while he does work.
Personality:  He’s rather sarcastic in his own way despite being effectively mute. And don’t expect him to do things out of the goodness of his heart, you either pay him now or equip him to be paid later. Of course, pay comes in various ways so it’s not that hard to make sure he isn’t planning to come after his previous employer.

Level: 1
EXP: 0

HP: 32
Init:  5

Stats:
Constitution:  1
Resistance:  3 + 2
Dexterity:  7
Intelligence:  4
Strength:  1
Synergy: 0

Complexity:

Perks: Gun Space: Kyle’s inventory is effectively infinite, allowing him to store most things around the volume of a modern assault rifle. He also has access to two more Weapon slots.

Killing Strangers:  When Kyle’s music overrides an encounter his effective Dex is increased by 1.5x his Intelligence.

Actions:  

Basic Attack: Deals either your weapon's damage or a value based on your primary attacking attribute if you do not use a weapon.
Basic Defense: A basic movement meant to reduce incoming damage by 50% after other reductions.

Change the Station:  Kyle’s music overrides the encounter for two turns granting half Kyle’s Int to everyone’s Res stat for three turns. Can’t go above stat cap. 5 turn cooldown.

Take cover:  Res is increased by Dex until Kyle exits cover. He exits cover when he does any action besides taking cover.

Driver:  When a roll is required to drive Kyle adds his Dex on top of other bonuses.

Grenade: Kyle deals 2d4 damage to all enemies. 5 turn cooldown.

Curbstomp: Kyle delivers a triple damage attack to a knocked down enemy in Melee. One turn cool down

Rampage: Kyle enters an nigh unstoppable rage for three turns. All his damage becomes pure damage and damage he takes is reduced to 3/4s. Can only be used once per plot.

Name: Super Light Armor
Description: A bulletproof vest able to stop small calibre rounds.
Type: Armor
Protection: 2 Res
Minimum Stats: none
Weight: 0
SYN Threshold/Bonus: 0/ Res bonus is doubled against Ranged attacks.

Name:  Old Reliable
Description:  A platinum plated Pump action shotgun.
Type:  Weapon
Damage:  2d6 + Dex
Minimum Stats: LVL = 1
SYN Threshold/Bonus: 0/

Successful attacks knocks down targets if they fail a con roll against the attack. All attacks require a turn for the shotgun to be recocked.

(Knocked Down characters are unable to attack in melee for a turn.)

Name: Ifruit
Description: A cellphone in red
Type: bauble
Effect: allows for wireless communication via many methods. Doesn't work well underground. Comes with a self radio station.
Minimum Stats: none
SYN Threshold/Bonus: 0/ +3 to INT rolls out of combat.

Inventory: 

6013 fuel cell

Edited by kj1225
Sheet was updated.

Since I can't find Alexandria's character sheet post here, I'm going to assume that nobody else is going to have better luck and just repost it now.  This is the final version.

Name:  Alexandria, Primus Councillor

Age:  Ask and regret.  For extra doom, also ask about her weight.
Race:  Android
Sex:  Doesn’t have one.

Class:  Tourist Dreadnought
Appearance:  Resembles a polished, chrome, highly detailed statue of a humanoid woman in a floor-length, simple dress.  Stands over seven feet tall, with realistic proportions.  Her entire body, including her ‘dress’, is composed of hundreds of bands and plates of metal that interlock perfectly to form a smooth surface.  Her hair is comprised of fine wire.
Personality:  Farther back towards the beginning of her universe than any living organic can remember, an insane time traveler dumped a recently uploaded, former human senator on a desolate world.  Already making sanity checks due to the experimental machine her mind had been transferred to, the senator quickly decided she would go insane if she waited for intelligent conversation to evolve.  So she studied the information stored in her memory banks, and made some friends.  Sadly, this didn’t give her intelligent conversation, forcing her to lead her new children, and eventually species, for at least the next 5 billion years.  After the longest development cycle in history and some very unwanted deification, Alexandria is finally ready to kick off her responsibilities and relax, secure in the knowledge that her descendants can care for themselves without the watchful presence of their benevolent god-queen.  Then the trespasser invasion hit, and Alexandria fell through a hole between worlds.  Stripped of the power her worshippers give her, relying on her base body for the first time in ages, the Primus Councillor is… loving it!  Challenges!  New people!  New experiences!  For the woman who thought she had seen it all, this ‘disaster’ might just be the best thing ever.  Well, as soon as these trespassers get taught how we deal with eldritch horrors in Council space.

Level:  1
EXP:  0

HP:  37
Init:  -

Stats: 
Constitution:  4
Resistance:  4  (+2 armor)
Dexterity:  0
Intelligence:  2
Strength:  4
Synergy:  -

Complexity:  ?

Equipment: 

Name:  Rocket Hammer
Description:  Exactly what it sounds like.  A surface-to-orbit booster rocket on a very sturdy stick.  When backed with the divine power Alexandria cannot currently access, it’s capable of spiking tanks into orbit.  Right now, it still hits like a truck.  A very small truck.
Type:  Weapon
Damage:  Variable, currently 1d6 + str (1d6 + str + 1d6 per 4 levels)
Minimum Stats:  None
Weight:  Variable, currently 2
SYN Threshold/Bonus:  -

Special Qualities: 

Integrated System:  This weapon is a retrofitted part of Alexandria’s propulsion system.  While she can wield it easily, to anyone else it would be virtually useless as a weapon.  However, being linked directly to her internal zero-point generator means that this weapon’s ability to apply concrete-melting dark energy booster backblast to whatever it hits is directly tied to her level, as is its ease of use.  It is literally a part of her, and improves as she does.  Its base damage is 1d6 + str.  However, the weapon gains an additional 1d6 of damage for every 4 levels Alexandria has.  Its Weight stat is equal to 3 + her level, and will require regular strength investment in order to allow continued use.

Bound:  This weapon cannot be removed.  It is incorporated into Alexandria's body.

Name:  Dreadnought Plate
Description:  Alexandria’s hyperdense external plating is the finest protection imaginable.  Or at least it can be.  Which is a good thing, since other types of armor would have enormous difficulty fitting over her sculpted and most definitely not removable ‘clothing’.
Type:  Armor
Resistance:  Variable, currently +2  (Level+[int]/2)
Minimum Stats:  NA
Weight:  Variable, Currently 2

Special Qualities: 

Integrated System:  Alexandria’s external plating, like the rest of her body, is comprised of galvanium, a semimagical metal unique to her home setting that increases or decreases in density based on the amount and nature of the electrical current that flows through it.  Thus, its ability to resist damage is directly tied to her ability to control (int) the electricity from her internal zero-point generator and her experience (level).  To calculate, add her level and half her [int], rounded up.  However, even in this weakened state it is extremely resilient, and at higher levels can outclass most starships.  Its hyperdense nature greatly increases her mass, though, making the armor's weight equal to 3 + her level.  Alexandria cannot wear other types of armor unless they fit over her Dreadnought Plate.

Bound:  This item is integrated into Alexandria's body, and cannot be removed.

Name:  HL System
Description:  An integrated shield generator, Alexandria’s HL system can produce defensive barriers from solidified photons.
Type:  Bauble (bound)

Minimum Stats:  NA
Weight:  2

Special Qualities:

Integrated System:  Alexandria’s hard light system can generate simple barrier-constructs from photons.  This item enables the use of the action HL Barrier, and may have its fluff incorporated into actions learned later.

Hardline:  This item mimics the effect of a Faraday cage.  Alexandria’s systems cannot access or be accessed wirelessly as a defense against hackers.

Bound:  This item is integrated into Alexandria's body, and cannot be removed.

Perks:

Ancient’s Deliberation:  Alexandria’s immense mass and aging systems force certain limitations on her.  She cannot move faster than an unhurried walk without some serious assistance or her currently inactive dark energy rocket drives, and thus always goes last in a round, ignoring her initiative roll entirely.  This is a combination of actual malfunctions and actively restraining herself to prevent collateral damage; she is much faster than she walks.  She also cannot use damaging actions during her first turn in any combat encounter, as it takes time to deploy them from her internal storage.

Integrated Systems:  Alexandria’s starting equipment is literally a part of her.  Her starting armor and bauble cannot be removed without the proper tools (are bound), a lot of effort, and causing her immense amounts of pain.  This will probably kill her unless replacements are installed; the plating in particular, as it is literally her skin.  Her hammer can be removed, but it will not work well for anyone else, and she always knows its location if she is on the same world as it.  However, her equipment improves with her stats, as it is a part of her. 

Mechanical:  Alexandria is sapient machine.  She doesn't need to eat, sleep, or breathe; although she can if she wants to, it provides no benefit or penalty.  She is also immune to the negative effects of environmental conditions, and anything that does not explicitly affect inanimate objects in the same manner as living things.   In fact, all effects treat Alexandria as though she is an inanimate object.  Thus, only repair effects, such as the nanites used in Hard Reset, can restore her hit points.

Hard Reset:  Alexandria’s hardware is extremely resilient, and her power source and blue box, the place where her mind resides, form a nearly indestructible, self-contained unit.  Even if she is reduced to zero hit points and taken offline by an attack, a skilled mechanic or her self-repair systems can eventually restore her to full functionality.  The nanites can, on their own, restore hit points equal to her [cons] + her level at the end of each encounter and every 24 hours of game time.  The assistance of a skilled mechanic with access to adequate tools and an industrial forge increases her healing over time to [cons] + level every 8 hours.  The assistance of a skilled mechanic with access to adequate tools and galvanium replacement parts increases her healing over time to [cons] + level every hour, until the parts run out.  These effects replace the 100% heal that organic characters gain when encounters end.  She is also slightly more durable than even most mechanical beings, and has bonus hit points equal to her level.

Actions:

Basic Attack:  Alexandria strikes out with her rocket hammer, dealing damage to opponents within melee range.  Currently 1d6+str

Basic Defense:  Alexandria blocks, reducing damage taken after other effects apply by 50% for 1 round.

HL Barrier:  Alexandria generates a hard-light construct to block damage.  Additional levels will increase construct complexity and toughness.  Once activated, a construct remains up until Alexandria chooses to lower it, but she can only have one active at a time.

-Level 1:  Alexandria generates a single shielding hexagon, reducing damage to herself by twice her level.  Characters protected by the barrier cannot use actions that damage enemies.

-Level 2:  Alexandria adds a second hexagon to her barrier, allowing her to cover a single teammate.  As long as the barrier is active and there is an empty spot behind it, an ally may spend an action to shelter behind the shield and benefit from its protective bonuses and penalties, or leave the shelter as a free action.  Only one ally may be sheltered at a time.  When the barrier is deployed, Alexandria may have an ally become sheltered by the barrier.  Characters sheltered still cannot use actions that damage enemies.

-Level 3:  The barrier’s damage reduction is increased to three times Alexandria’s level.  Once per round, Alexandria may negate all non-damaging effects of an action that strikes the barrier.  Characters sheltered can still not use actions that damage enemies.

Attract Attention:  Alexandria is very shiny and very convincing.  This action can work on anything with a mind, and does not require sapience as her taunting perk does.  However, it does require a mind.

-Level 1:  Alexandria taunts a single opponent with a ‘Designated Idiot’ performance.  That opponent will preferentially target her over other available targets this round.  Only one opponent may be taunted at a time.

Plasma Cannon:  Alexandria’s integrated weapons systems are cumbersome, slow, and inefficient, but they pack a daunting punch.  This one melts everything.  Additional levels increase the devastating damage.

-Level 1:  On the turn she uses this action, Alexandria deploys her plasma cannon, a noisy and highly visible affair that transforms her right arm into a dish.  Plasma builds up in a reservoir inside the cannon, producing heat bloom and a high-pitched whine both noticeable from yards away. On the next turn, she fires the cannon, dealing 2d6 + [int] damage to any number of enemies.  On the third turn, she dumps waste heat, and returns her arm to its previous configuration.  However, the cannon requires an additional 3 rounds to dump heat and reset the plasma containment fields before more plasma can be generated (3 round cooldown).

Projected Shield:  Alexandria shrouds an ally in an ablative hard-light shield, granting them temporary hit points that will take damage in their place until exhausted.  These hit points do not have any [Res], but last until the encounter is over.  However, damage that spills over into the target’s HP is affected by their [Res].  Projected shields cannot stack with themselves.

-Level 1:  Alexandria shields a single target.  The shield’s HP is equal to three times Alexandria’s [cons].  This ability has a 5 round cooldown.