[OOC: READ FIRST] Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden^2 (Accepting Signups)

Chevaleresse

Okay, so, after some review, there will be the following adjustments to INIT-affecting flaws:

-A flaw that reduces INIT directly should reduce it by -10; this is consistent with Alexandria's flaw, which is essentially a variable penalty from -0 to -19.

-A flaw that reduces INIT if hit by a certain element should drop your INIT by half (after bonuses) and then drop you to the bottom on the second hit. Successive hits will be stuns.

-A flaw that caps your INIT bonus should have it always be 0.

(It's black framed glasses, not black lensed glasses; think of your average corrective eye glasses, I can see why your character would think that his smile was fake though).

Ah sorry, my bad. I've edited the post. Well, there goes her nickname for him :P

Another question (sorry)

In the future, in place of adding a perk, can we remove/nerf a flaw that our character has?

Because Visrii reconciling with his past sounds like a really cool story idea :D

so does Visrii want to be found or just remain there at the back,stalking like a creep?

Probably found.

I was thinking at some point he trips over something and gets found out lol.

alright the fact that some people don't seem to actually be reading posts annoys me, e.g. aiming at nonexistent trees or responding to people with complete non sequiturs. I thought this was a basic thing but I'll remind people to actually read, at minimum, host updates and any posts you plan on responding to from others.

EDIT: YO CRONOS THAT MEANS YOU

• Upvote 8

Mikah's somewhat incomplete sheet.

Character

Name: Mikah Kapalaran

Race: Human

Sex: Male

Personality: A boy with a love for tricks and traps. Trained in the art of conning people, he favors luck over skill and desires to push it in his own way. Loves flipping coins, rolling dice, and whatever other luck-based fun he can have. Whether or not luck goes his way, he resigns himself to whatever happy or sad fate it brings him.

While snide and sarcastic, he’s a carefree soul, a frown rarely appearing on his face. And when one of your favorite past time is getting on people’s nerves, and one of your main draws in life is luck, you’re in for a nice time of getting either the envy of the ones around you, or the annoyed faces of bad luck.

Appearance (I’ll have to fix this up another time. Appearance was never something I was good at.)

Head: Shoulder length orange hair over light blue eyes. Wears a black beret with a light blue heart-shaped hair pin.

Top: A black long-sleeved cropped jacket with hooks inside to hold his items with a loose orange shirt. Multiple pockets are on the shirt and jacket for extra space. Black gloves with slots for cards and coins.

Bottom: Loose black jeans with multiple pockets on the outside.

Extra: 4 foot, 11 inches in height.

Statistics

Level: 1

EXP: 0

HP: 34

Init: 2 + d20

Current Check Penalty:

Constitution: 3

Dexterity: 2

Intelligence: 3

Resistance: 2

Strength: 1

Synergy: 3

Complexity:

Perks

Benevolent Destiny: Fate is but a part of life. Whether it be nice or cruel is up to it, and not you. Mikah chooses to not let it bother him, but feels rejuvenated whenever it sides with him.

Effect: When rolling a die for Mikah in combat (for his own damage roll or his healing skills), if the roll is the maximum (or minimum, whichever is more beneficial), heal 1/10 HP. Cannot activate more than 3 times per round.

Trickster: Mikah’s learned a lot in his days. Specifically, how to be a good con artist.

Effect: +1 CON per level… somehow

Red Strings: Good luck’s contagious, you know. That’s why Mikah learned how to inflict people with good luck. At least it’s not bad luck, right?

Effect: During his turn, Mikah chooses an ally. That ally is inflicted with the Linked Status. Units under the Linked Status. An ally Linked with Mikah has their non-damage dice roll values increased by 2 for calculations (As such, rolling a 7 on a d8 will use a 9 for calculations). Only one ally can be inflicted with Linked, but Mikah may remove Linked from one ally, and inflict it to another.

Flaws

Cruel Fate: Fate can be naughty or nice. When you let your body succumb to its whims as much as Mikah, the naughty effects are certainly rougher.

Effect: When rolling a die for Mikah in combat (such as for his own damage roll or his healing skills), if the number is the minimum (or maximum, depending on which is less beneficial), Mikah loses 1/10 HP. Cannot activate more than 3 times per round.

Equipment

Coins of No Quarter: Dozens of coins that Mikah carries around with him at all times, each depicting a different scene. The sets of coins were a gift won from a battle of luck with an old friend of Mikah’s. The coins are enchanted with magic native to Mikah’s home, allowing the otherwise magically inept Mikah to do otherwise impossible feats.

Type: Weapon

Damage: d(Level*4)

Minimum Stats: 1 STR… did you expect coins to be heavy?

STR Penalty: 3

SYN Threshold/Bonus: 8 SYN [unlock Soul Sale], 12 SYN [increase Basic Attack damage by STR*2], 16 SYN [increase damage of all Actions by STR*2],

Special Qualities:

-Bound: Mikah needs the coins to use his magic. Without them, he’s a relatively harmless teenager.

-Soul Sale [Locked until 8 SYN]: If a Basic Attack rolls at least 3*Level, drain HP equal to half the damage dealt, rounded down.

Dicey Necklace: A necklace with a detachable dice on it. Can roll itself, so you can’t cheat and make it lean to one side.

Type: Bauble

Minimum Stats: 3 SYN

STR Penalty: 2 STR

SYN Threshold/Bonus: 10 SYN [], 20 SYN [unlock Lucky Rolls]

Special Qualities:

-Lucky Rolls [Locked until 20 SYN]: For any effect that requires a dice roll (such as more damage or more healing), add or subtract 1 to the value, depending on which is more beneficial. This is simply for values, not for the actual dice roll (So, Mikah won’t be able to activate Benevolent Destiny from getting a 5 on a d8, but the calculations with go as if Mikah rolled a 5+1. This also means that rolling an 8 on a d8 will use a 10 for calculations.)

Decked-Out Shield: A shield made of playing cards that shuffle their placement ever so often. We don’t ask how it defends so well.

Type: Armor

Armor: +(2+Level) RES bonus

Minimum Stats: 2 SYN

STR Penalty: 3

SYN Threshold/Bonus: 15 SYN [unlock “Aced that Defense!”], 20 SYN [When hit by status effect, roll a d4. If 2, the status effect is negated. If 1, no effect.]

Special Qualities

-Aced that Defense! [Locked until 15 SYN]: When activating Basic Defense, Mikah can choose to activate this quality. Roll a d52. If you roll a 49+ (AKA, draws an Ace from his shield), reduce damage by an additional 25%, for a total of 75%. If you roll a 4- (draws a 2 from his shield), Basic Defense’s effectiveness is halved, for a total of 25% damage reduction.

Actions

Basic Attack: Time to Dime!: When thrown, Mikah’s coins can be thrown and impact as if like daggers. Thrown in sets of four, and can injure better with Mikah’s expertise.

Basic Defense: Lucky Break: Mikah tosses coins into the air as the enemy attacks. It softens up the hits, really.

First Aid!: With a glow of his coins, Mikah can heal the wounds of himself and his allies. A simple incantation is all it takes to close up wounds.

Effect: Restore d4 health to one target.

Chance of A Lifetime!: By tapping into his powers of luck, Mikah can increase his rejuvenation abilities. Sadly, this comes with a chance of failure, but bad luck is something Mikah’s used to.

Effect: Roll a d10. If the roll is a 2-, this action fails entirely. If the roll is a 9+, heal the target for 3+Syn health per turn for 3 turns. If the roll is a 3-8, use First Aid and use the same dice roll.

Steel!/Coil!: Mikah is able to increase the resilience of a person’s body, as well as increase their strength to fight. If he wanted, he could press his luck to do his job better.

Effect: Target receives a buff to reduce damage received by -SYN for three turns (Coil!) or boost damage deatl by +SYN for three turns (Steel!), depending on Mikah’s choice. This skill is worth 2x Action Points to have and level up (It’s two skills, but their effects coincide. It’ll make more sense once it levels up.).

Demon Coins!: Mikah can throw his coins onto the ground with enough force to cause an energy shockwave to travel along the ground. Don’t ask how it works.

Attack one enemy at range for d6+Level damage. 2 turn cooldown.

Inventory

Spare Gold Coins: Mikah keeps about 20 extra coins on his person. They don’t do much, they’re just around in case Mikah’s feeling bored.

Weighted Coins: Sometimes a little extra luck is nice to have. No one has to know.

Set of Six-sided Dice: Sometimes, two outcomes isn’t enough. Mikah needs a way to check for 6 outcomes, and that’s what the dice are for.

Two Decks of Cards: 52 different outcomes, all from 52 different cards. No jokers about it.

Apologies if I made a mistake.
Edited by InnocentBoy

I was talking about Visrii; the char seems like a bit of a blood mage.

He's not a blood mage, his arms have internal blood vessel rupture because he doesn't restrain his magic attacks, permanently staining patches of his skin blood-red. (Similar to red patches high-G pilots get in real life) Though I guess it really does seem like he is one looking at his past and personality. :/

Well I was talking about how his arms looked blood covered, and how he wore no noticeable form of armor, so the only two options were: Suicidal traveller, or Blood Mage; that's why I said that your character might be as much of a danger to himself and others.

Well I was talking about how his arms looked blood covered, and how he wore no noticeable form of armor, so the only two options were: Suicidal traveller, or Blood Mage; that's why I said that your character might be as much of a danger to himself and others.

He does wear light leather armour - though yes, he can he quite a danger to everyone. Like, everyone.

It's pretty much why I suggested taking his halberd away from him; he seemed like the kind of man who would slice first, and ask the corpses left from the battle, no matter what world you come from; bloodied looking arms should not be a very common sight; also your character seemed to have popped out of the blue to my character.

It's pretty much why I suggested taking his halberd away from him; he seemed like the kind of man who would slice first, and ask the corpses left from the battle, no matter what world you come from; bloodied looking arms should not be a very common sight; also your character seemed to have popped out of the blue to my character.

Well, yeah. Except ItE refused to disarm him. You know, my character really lacks the concept of 'trust' and 'friends'.

Plus, to my character he was dropped into the middle of everyone's firing range, which he would have avoided at all costs.

Also, may I attack someone without killing them? Or nearly kill someone but get knocked out instead? Because man, my character really hates everyone's guts and he's looking for trouble.