NX Grand Reveal

nepeta100

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The first information that we will be getting on the nx system will be revealed tomorrow at 7 am Pacific time in what I believe to be a three minute trailer get hyped people

source Nintendo twitter

https://twitter.com/nintendoamerica

Only 3 minutes? Wow, it must be even worse than I thought if it's that short.

I'm just not finding a way to be that excited about the NX yet. If its super cool then sure that'll be exciting, but I don't think I'll get it straight away. It probably won't be released until half way through next year and by that point I'll only have a year and a half of school to go and won't have time to use it enough to justify buying a new console. So probably the earliest I'd get it is Christmas 2018. Still, hopefully its a good console though.

I'm gonna be really pissed if they go with it having both a handheld bit and screen and they stop making DS games and force you to buy an NX as the handheld console.

I'm gonna be really pissed if they go with it having both a handheld bit and screen and they stop making DS games and force you to buy an NX as the handheld console.

I trust Nintendo enough think that they know what they're doing with their consoles.

• Support Squad

I trust Nintendo enough think that they know what they're doing with their consoles.

I don't. Nintendo is the crazy uncle of the console company family who flops nine times out of ten but succeeds hard on the tenth time.

I don't. Nintendo is the crazy uncle of the console company family who flops nine times out of ten but succeeds hard on the tenth time.

I see your point, but at the same time they've been on a roll with their releases in the past 10 years. The Gameboy Advance was amazing, proceeded by the equally amazing Nintendo DS, and now we have the 3DS. All their handheld consoles have been spot on the past 3 generations. The Gamecube, Wii and WiiU have also all been great consoles with huge libraries of fun and interesting games.

Frankly, the only bad consoles they've made are the Virtual Boy and the lack of good games on the N64.

• Supporter

Here it is!

The Nintendo Switch. It seems mostly like what that leak showed us a while back. Seeing it in the video, doesn't seem as painful as a technical drawing or description would make it out to be. ALSO: either I had an exhaustion induced fever dream, or I saw Skyrim on that console. What. Even.

Cautiously optimistic?

Here it is!

The Nintendo Switch. It seems mostly like what that leak showed us a while back. Seeing it in the video, doesn't seem as painful as a technical drawing or description would make it out to be. ALSO: either I had an exhaustion induced fever dream, or I saw Skyrim on that console. What. Even.

Cautiously optimistic?

Wasn't it Monster Hunter?

Wasn't it Monster Hunter?

Don't think I saw any MonHun game anywhere in that trailer. And Elder Scrolls games look and play nothing like Monster Hunter.

If this thing is backwards compatible, I am getting it. Missed out on Xenoblade X, Mario Maker and Splatoon because i didn't get a Wii U.

Edited by Captain Breakfast

As someone whose put into over 300 hours into it, that was most definitely Skyrim.

I'm interested, but slightly worried for the Switch. With the WiiU not selling well, I hope Nintendo knows what they're doing with this. I'm going to need to see the data capabilities/hardware first before I make a choice, along with the price. Plus, I'd probably wait until they make the upgraded version of it that fixes any bugs (like the 3DS XL) which will probably come out a few months after.

I'm not seeing any backwards compatibility though, which is a little sad...

I mean the designs of everything there pinpoint it as Skyrim. I've not even played Skyrim that much and I know 100% it's Skyrim just lookin' at it lol. THing is we dunno how well that runs ((least on the on the go portion.)) certainly be interesting to see actual footage of the device in use and not what is clearly you know... made to look good cause reveal trailer lol.

Overall though, I can dig. We'll just see how it holds up I suppose in the coming months before it's out.

On Backwards capability though... we.. can't say cause it's the first trailer. Like, of course they'll show off new stuffs and not really worry about feature lists etc until later. ((though I'd say it's unlikely? Least for stuff that'd not work on tradtional controllers rather than motion stuff.))

Oh yea... ACTUAL CONTROLLERS... that's a plus for me already. ((even though I'm broke as a joke so not like it matters really for me but still.))

>portable skyrim

>ports of Wii u games

>console and handheld

>new LoZ and what looks like a new Mario (unless it was 3D world and I'm mistaken)

>has a stand and detachable controllers.

I literally cannot find anything wrong with it from the trailer. Just don't have a short battery life.

Edit: yeah holy fuck that's a new Mario game and it looks fucking gorgeous.

• Support Squad

It looks alright so far, nothing that really grabs me but hey ho.

I will also add that portable skyrim may not be a plus. It's not really a game you can pick up and play, there's a reason those games are seen as road trip games, you sit down and sink 500 hours into it. Conversely, it would be ideal for what I just said, road trips. The most important hint though is that the console could be used by western third party companies, signs that nintendo is reaching out to the west is good.

I'm keeping my expectations relatively low until I see the launch titles. I think it's better to go in with low expectations and be moderately surprised come release than be hyped and let down when expectations aren't met. That said, it does look promising and should it have a decent library of games during/close to launch I'll definitely pick it up. The biggest reason the Wii U failed so hard was because of the lack of the game library when it launched. I'm sure Nintendo realizes this and intends to not make that mistake again. At least I hope so.

It'll be a week 1 buy for me, if only because I skipped the WiiU and I'm getting sick of my PS4. Plus it comes with Zelda at launch, which looks amazing. Looking at the current developers on board, it seems we're going to get some really great games for it too. :)

And apparently, the specs will be on par with the Xbox One, which is fine by me. I just hope the handheld will last for a good amount of time.

Edited by Sunbean