Version 9 Status Thread

Jan

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, ShadeStrider said:

Do you believe the "Amaria is Madame X" Theories that have been mentioned in some discussions?

I haven't actually heard about this theory, and I forgot who Amaria is (I'm so god damn bad with character names), but if she is who I think she is, that being the league scout girl, then nah. She's just sort of a "bystander" watching all the business with Xen go down. Though I can almost guarantee that we'll both see and battle her again, most likely soon since iirc the last time we battled her was on Route 3. If there are theories to be had on the discussions page then I will happily join the fray with some of my own ;)

24 minutes ago, TheMoltenGuy said:

I haven't actually heard about this theory, and I forgot who Amaria is (I'm so god damn bad with character names), but if she is who I think she is, that being the league scout girl, then nah. She's just sort of a "bystander" watching all the business with Xen go down. Though I can almost guarantee that we'll both see and battle her again, most likely soon since iirc the last time we battled her was on Route 3. If there are theories to be had on the discussions page then I will happily join the fray with some of my own ;)

You also have to remember we met with her before heading onto the train, and she was extremely mad with us for basically ruining the league (we are responsible for many leaders disappearing), so it is likely she will show up again at some point demanding something from us.

• Global Mods

I think we won't be seeing Angie for a few more episodes. A lot of events have been mentioned to be going on within GDC, so I think those would be the main priority over everything else. So far, we know there's:

-Government vs Bladestar conflict

-Team Xen's shadow Pokemon data

-Finding out where Saki and the others went

-People turning to stone 

-Exploring the city itself will likely be a big focus considering it's been hyped up for a few episodes. 

I also think we'll be spending more than one episode in GDC, since it has multiple Gym Leaders (maybe there's a leader for each district?). Although in Jan's AMA thread last year he did say one future episode would have 2 gyms, so it wouldn't surprise me if it was a GDC episode where that happens.

2 hours ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

I think we won't be seeing Angie for a few more episodes. A lot of events have been mentioned to be going on within GDC, so I think those would be the main priority over everything else. So far, we know there's:

-Government vs Bladestar conflict

-Team Xen's shadow Pokemon data

-Finding out where Saki and the others went

-People turning to stone 

-Exploring the city itself will likely be a big focus considering it's been hyped up for a few episodes. 

I also think we'll be spending more than one episode in GDC, since it has multiple Gym Leaders (maybe there's a leader for each district?). Although in Jan's AMA thread last year he did say one future episode would have 2 gyms, so it wouldn't surprise me if it was a GDC episode where that happens.

I can see that using violence to take down the government is basically what Bladestar is doing.

This episode will probably have the "Your terrorists are our Freedom Fighters" type of Trope. I really want to see how this goes down.

• Developers
35 minutes ago, ShadeStrider said:

I'm probably speaking Blasphemy right now, but

I want to see Texen again.

He's a jerk, but he's hilarious. He's also more likable than Fern.

Perhaps we'll see him again. Very, very soon.

-----Small Update----

So, I'm pretty much ALMOST done with rebalancing. I just have to go through the other modes (Easy, Intense) and then I'll be done.

I pretty much took a break from that to complete V9's story, though. Not completely done, but I'm a sliver away from being done. 

I wanted to mention something that sort of changes the pace a bit, but for good reason. Rejuvenation is more than half way done.

We're pretty much creeping to the end of the story I've laid out, and things will begin to become more intense with each episode.

There's so much to tell and going with the same format we've done before simply won't give me enough time to do stuff.

That's why episodes won't exactly end at Gym Badges anymore. Gym Badges will now signify that you're towards the

end, but not the actual end...  If that makes any sense. I'm not saying you'll be playing for another hour afterwards, but the game may go on for

10-15 minutes depending on what's happening. 

I actually already did this in Version 9 a little bit, but from now on it will be on a slightly larger scale. 

Lastly, after the story is done and rebalancing is done, there will still be some sidequests to do and... This sounds crazy, but

we're almost done with Help Requests*. Part of me is happy because Help Requests were sometimes a pain to do, 

but at the same time I really loved coming up with them. All good things must come to an end. 

Anyway, as you know, these sidequests are usually more grand-scale than usual sidequests and require

more work and effort, so I ask that you be patient one last time. 

*Main Game. Post game is still up in the air.

Thanks for listening to me ramble!!

2 hours ago, flynk said:

Hello,

can i ask if will be in V9 Z-Move?

tbh I cant see Z-moves being used anytime soon (by us anyways), they are pretty broken lol and I could only imagine what it would take to script them all in

• Developers
3 hours ago, Hycrox said:

is rebalancing catered to Zygarde?

No, Zygarde isn't available yet. 

1 hour ago, Milotic said:

tbh I cant see Z-moves being used anytime soon (by us anyways), they are pretty broken lol and I could only imagine what it would take to script them all in

They're implemented, like Mega Evolution, but not available to players. 

13 hours ago, Nakuto said:

I wonder, are we gonna help that ghost gym lady out anytime soon? She did get turned into a kid and poor Chandelure. And we pretty much caused that problem, so we do have to be the ones to fix it right?

We might be able to do so in V9 considering that GDC has several sidequests and it may involve the continuation of that story.

Hey Jan, did something happen to the mystery item help quest? I dunno if its bugged, but the dungeon it black, the kecleons are all together, pretty much surrounding the ladder to get out. So its not even randomized anymore

Proof!

Screenshot_2.jpg

Edited by Nakuto

• Developers
On 2/28/2017 at 0:53 PM, Nakuto said:

Hey Jan, did something happen to the mystery item help quest? I dunno if its bugged, but the dungeon it black, the kecleons are all together, pretty much surrounding the ladder to get out. So its not even randomized anymore

Proof!

Screenshot_2.jpg

Yeah it broke in V8, lol. Fixed for V9. 

Also....

0067e0f1c84bbcdbd1fdeefac1a3647d.png

F I N A L L Y. Sidequest time!