[OOC / Sign Ups Closed] Lightgivers - Volume 1: A Feeling

anethia

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait, Valor has been in the dorm the whole time? When he'd get there, I thought he was outside upturning his nose at Tessa's outburst

He is outside. In the middle of the field. Several tens of metres away. Can still hear them though. And can still feel Rame's murderousness

If he's that sensitive, how does he literally not feel anything regarding Braith's existence at all? I mean... that flame is the literal source of most of that aggressive nature and has a literal mind of it's own... and it's own presence- literally burns right in the middle of her chest...is even partially visible (which I don't get how literally no one at all has commented on... like people with glowing chests/hearts are totally everyday occurrences)

like there's some really deep rooted shit going on here that's been like it for years and years

• Support Squad

probably because everyone assumes "lumen" for the heart and no one really knows Rame well enough to think that Braith is the source of her aggression. Also Braith makes me think of the little kid in skyrim who always threatened the battleborn nerd.

If he's that sensitive, how does he literally not feel anything regarding Braith's existence at all? I mean... that flame is the literal source of most of that aggressive nature and has a literal mind of it's own... and it's own presence- literally burns right in the middle of her chest...is even partially visible (which I also don't get how literally no one at all has commented on... like people with glowing hearts are totally everyday occurrences)

like there's some really deep rooted shit going on here that's been like it for years and years

It doesn't matter that it's visible. It could be a bright green neon sign and he wouldn't notice.

His Lumen detects emotion, not existence. Braith to him just looks like a lump of anger that's constantly swirling in her.

probably because everyone assumes "lumen" for the heart and no one really knows Rame well enough to think that Braith is the source of her aggression. Also Braith makes me think of the little kid in skyrim who always threatened the battleborn nerd.

Ah yes, her... I recall always promptly telling her to fuck off whenever she tried to talk smack to me... with a mighty shout of FusRoDah.

Not where I got the idea of the name from though...

It doesn't matter that it's visible. It could be a bright green neon sign and he wouldn't notice.

His Lumen detects emotion, not existence. Braith to him just looks like a lump of anger that's constantly swirling in her.

Oh yeah, I forgot about him being like... blind XD

It's kinda like with Toph; they're just so damn aware of things that folks kinda forget they're actually missing one of their primary senses after a while...

anyone want Haruki to skitter up and harass one of their characters?

It'd provide me with a way to be more active. I hope I don't regret my decision to let Haruki interact with Jev...

Edited by K_H

anyone want Haruki to skitter up and harass one of their characters?

Sure, that would help, as otherwise disappointment would leave Baixue cooped up in her dorm unless Shiri allows me to let her have alone time flying somewhere.

You know Ragnar i think your getting how the area around the dorms are set up. I don't think that there are any hallways since the dorms are each a separate building around the fountain place. though i can be wrong but i think that how most of us have been going with them as far as i can tell.

You know Ragnar i think your getting how the area around the dorms are set up. I don't think that there are any hallways since the dorms are each a separate building around the fountain place. though i can be wrong but i think that how most of us have been going with them as far as i can tell.

You know, let's just stop setting up explicit descriptions about the interior and keep our orientations strictly based around each Pc's position in regards to one another... so like instead of me saying Rame stepped out into the hall when Ragnar poked me, I just left it at "She turned around" Nothing fancy, just leaving it apt enough to describe the orientation, but vague enough to avoid creating any potential complication.

I think that until Shiri can clear up how these things are supposed to be laid out, that will fix alot of the confusion...

You know, let's just stop setting up explicit descriptions about the interior and keep our orientations strictly based around each Pc's position in regards to one another... so like instead of me saying Rame stepped out into the hall when Ragnar poked me, I just left it at "She turned around" Nothing fancy, just leaving it apt enough to describe the orientation, but vague enough to avoid creating any potential complication.

I think that until Shiri can clear up how these things are supposed to be laid out, that will fix alot of the confusion...

Yeah that's a good idea. we could really use one of her handy maps again.

Do note that I've no control whatsoever over whether the fountain may or may not have weird Lumen-based properties. Honestly it's debatable whether Rame ever saw anything in the water at all, if a reflection was even visible, if she wasn't hallucinating or simply spacing out hard core...

who knows...I certainly don't...but apparently she knows what she saw...

Direct Aria into an existential crisis, why don'tcha, Strat? :P

That being said, I'm actually a bit confused about the dorms. Each dorm has three bunkbeds. Are the bunkbeds in their own room or are they all in one room? Sorry if it's a stupid question, but I just wanted to clarify.

Shiri said it's all in one room over PM. So yeah~

Edited by Hiss13

So it's all military style barracks then? presumably one front door, beds set up beside each other with dressers/foot lockers etc and probably a latrine bathroom and shower for mens and ladies on either side of the room...

perhaps something like this maybe?

barracks3.jpg

Of so oddly fitting, given why we're here...

This is the description she gave of the are

Just beyond the set of trees was a wide opening, methodically cleared. It was in the middle of the forest, yes, but safety came first. And any creatures around were hardly a match for them. To their right were three dorms; three bunk beds in each, along with various other necessities. Beside it was a grand building; imposing and regal, adorned with lustrous metals. Two outcroppings came from the side, each with their own door. There were benches and tables constructed outside, and a beautiful fountain in honour of Coerator Kitus - a powerful stag made of gold, water sprouting from his horns.

To me it sounded like there was three rooms with three bunk beds in each plus random other things. i don't think every bed is in the same place.

also Hiss go check out my last post i did for the IC thread Can kind of pointed out ways Aria can get help.

Edited by rustytengo

also Hiss go check out my last post i did for the IC thread Can kind of pointed out ways Aria can get help.

Ah...Must have glossed over that. This is what I get for posting while half-tired.

EDIT: and edited~

Edited by Hiss13

I've updated Baixue's Lumen with a few minor things, like being able to carry a small person with her while she flies, as well as the fact that she's training to not be bound by the limitation of having to maintain outspread arms to fly -- as a sort of development thing.

Also a heads up that I will be much less active for around a month or so due to A level exams -- 5 November is the latest I will probably visit here, and subsequently I will be limiting my computer time to once a month until the end of the November.