What Pokémon would you wish never existed?

Ironbound

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This little fella

shedinja.jpg

Wonder Guard could disappear for all I care.

Gonna have to agree with you there.

What a disgrace to the edgy cool Ghost typing.

I used to love to showoff to my friends how I can list every single Ghost type Pokemon from heart and this is the one I ALWAYS forget.

"Hah. You forgot Shedinja. Again."

I wish Shedinja just disappeared so I can keep my bragging rights.

I hate Luvdisc but I wouldn't wish it to disappear because like humans, every individuals exist for a reason and is unique in its own way, that Adventure manga line delivered by Wallace about Luvdisc as representative of pokemon in general melting the squabbling couples hearts that they stopped squabble makes me hate it a little less, still not fond of Luvdisc nonetheless and this is coming from a guy who gen6inely likes Garbodor(which is awesome spike lead in NU btw)

Pikachu, I absolutely despise pikachu

This!

oh god this!!!

let us catch Pichu in the first place instead of Pikachu... and let us use a Thunderstone on it to go directly to Raichu - getting rid of that overhyped little rat, just because it's the second protagonist in the anime....

without the anime I hardly believe that Pikachu would be the "most famous" Pokemon of them all...

and while we are at it, get rid of Light Ball, which effectiveley renders Raichu useless... seriously, why should you evolve Pikachu when you can just shove this lightning Marble into its mouth to make it far superior than its evolution... JEEZUZ Game Freak, what were you thinking??? or at least make this item work with ALL Electric Rodents!

(also... Surfer-Pikachu, Cosplay-Pikachu, Pikachu is the ONLY with it's ingame cry being its actual name...)

ugh... and I bet: if we are able to catch previous Generation Pokemon in Sun/Moon from the beginning... guess who will be among the first on the first 3 routes? PIKACHU OF COURSE! because it wasn't enough to shove it in our face in Gen.6...

AAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!! I HATE YOU! YOU LITTLE YELLOW PEST!!!!! YOU ARE NOT EVEN CUTE!!!

The first and only time I played White version, I only got as far as the first cave. When I discovered Woobat was a thing that exists, I just set the game down and never picked it back up again. Woobat's existence wasted thirty something dollars of my own money.

This!

oh god this!!!

let us catch Pichu in the first place instead of Pikachu... and let us use a Thunderstone on it to go directly to Raichu - getting rid of that overhyped little rat, just because it's the second protagonist in the anime....

without the anime I hardly believe that Pikachu would be the "most famous" Pokemon of them all...

and while we are at it, get rid of Light Ball, which effectiveley renders Raichu useless... seriously, why should you evolve Pikachu when you can just shove this lightning Marble into its mouth to make it far superior than its evolution... JEEZUZ Game Freak, what were you thinking??? or at least make this item work with ALL Electric Rodents!

(also... Surfer-Pikachu, Cosplay-Pikachu, Pikachu is the ONLY with it's ingame cry being its actual name...)

ugh... and I bet: if we are able to catch previous Generation Pokemon in Sun/Moon from the beginning... guess who will be among the first on the first 3 routes? PIKACHU OF COURSE! because it wasn't enough to shove it in our face in Gen.6...

AAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!! I HATE YOU! YOU LITTLE YELLOW PEST!!!!! YOU ARE NOT EVEN CUTE!!!

YES, FINALLY SOMEONE UNDERSTANDS MY PAIN

I couldn't have said it any better myself

The first and only time I played White version, I only got as far as the first cave. When I discovered Woobat was a thing that exists, I just set the game down and never picked it back up again. Woobat's existence wasted thirty something dollars of my own money.

are you actually serious

are you actually serious

That's what I asked when I first discovered Woobat.

"Hey Dave, we need a Zubat replacement because of this terrible 'no not-fifth gen pokemon' policy"

"Uh, just replace the Z with a W and call it a day"

"But we still have to design it bro"

"Just like, draw a circle with wings and slap a face on it. Oh, but don't give it eyes, because you know, it's Zubat"

"I suppose poison/flying type?"

"Nah, that'd be TOO obvious. What's strong against poison again? Psychic? Yeah, make it that. And let's hope they ditch this awful policy by the time we make the next game"

• Developers

This!

oh god this!!!

All right. This is the common argument that I see when regarding Pikachu.

Pikachu suffers from something that any Pokemon would suffer from if it was listed as the -mascot-

That's right, Pikachu is the mascot. That being said, it's only normal for a company to cater more to the image of their entire franchise.

If Clefairy was settled as the mascot as it was originally planned, people would hate Clefairy just the same.

It's just baseless hate that just bores me at this point.

Secondly, in regards to the light ball. This goes back to Pikachu being their mascot. They wanted Pikachu to be at least somewhat viable without boosting its base stats a ton. Fine, whatever. I don't even think it accomplished that anyway. That's not what bothers me though. If you're going to complain about the light ball then you might as well bring every other Pokemon exclusive stat enhancing item out there. (Thick Club, Lucky Punch etc...) Pikachu isn't the only one with an item like this. You also fail to mention the existence of the eviolite. You know, that item that makes some previous evolutions more viable than their final stage?

tl:dr Pikachu is the mascot, deal with it. That's literally the only reason why it gets special treatment. If it were any other Pokemon, it'd be the same. Most of it is just biased hate.

It's fine to dislike a Pokemon, but to dislike a Pokemon for something like this is petty.

That's what I asked when I first discovered Woobat.

"Hey Dave, we need a Zubat replacement because of this terrible 'no not-fifth gen pokemon' policy"

"Uh, just replace the Z with a W and call it a day"

"But we still have to design it bro"

"Just like, draw a circle with wings and slap a face on it. Oh, but don't give it eyes, because you know, it's Zubat"

"I suppose poison/flying type?"

"Nah, that'd be TOO obvious. What's strong against poison again? Psychic? Yeah, make it that. And let's hope they ditch this awful policy by the time we make the next game"

God forbid there's one creature out of the 720+ that you don't like.

You can't be expected to like every Pokemon design, though, putting down a game that you spent 30$ on for one Pokemon is a bit extreme.

Any primal or mega legendary, those are completely unnecessary for the game. Buffing these so much with evolutions is just obnoxious.

Oh yeah, I could live without mega kangaskhan too. Pokemon itself needed something, but that ability is what tilts the hell out of me.

Edited by LemonJones

"But wait Dave! We still need to make an evolution for Woobat!"

"Ugh, do we have to? Can't we just leave it to rot like we did with the Magikarp replacement?"

"Nah, I don't think they'll let us get away with that twice"

"Fine, just make the design as hideous as you can. Not hideous in a cool way like Golbat, hideous in a cancerous way. Make it so ugly that some people might see it before they buy the game and reconsider"

"And the name?"

"Do I look like I care? Just throw a random letter at the beginning of 'Woobat'. Doesn't matter which"

"Ugh, do we have to? Can't we just leave it to rot like we did with the Magikarp replacement?"

You mean feebas? which evolves into what is currently half of your avatar? o.o ?

Also, I respect your hatred for woobat/swoobat (although it is a bit exaggerated imo), but you bought a 30 dollar game and you didn't play it because of a bat pokemon? a bat pokemon you can ignore or, even better, use repel to avoid? and you say you have white version rotting in your house and you have never finished it past woobat? that's....something.

Basculin. Feebas is 3rd gen

Oh, that one. Well it is a fact it was created just to supply the lack of fish pokemon in gen V, but basculin is different from magikarp. At best, I'd compare it to goldeen from gen 1, but still that's a stretch imo.