Rowlet, Litten, or Popplio?

Sheep

133 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite gen 7 starter?

• Rowlet
    • Litten
    • Popplio

I don't really like ANY of the starters appearance-wise.

However, #ItsLITten because I guessed that the Fire starter would be close to a Tiger in appearance over Ox and Ram like the rest of the crowd...

For now. Rowlet makes a strong tug at the 'ole heartstrings.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah that the case the final evolution decides it all.when x and y was coming out many people were not hyped about froakie,but when they saw greninja all went crazy.

for me this is the first time when i can not decide.previous gens had a starter that was cooler than the other 2 or one that was below average in the looking

in this case i like all 3 starters,but the final evolution gonna decide it.

I'll probably roll with Litten considering that I'm a pyromaniac that always chooses fire-type starters :D. But for real tho, grass-type in general is underwhelming to play, as the typing itself is bad and the fact that they tend to be more defensively oriented (except Treecko who was awesome). Glass cannons (or even bulky cannons) tend to suit my playstyle a lot more, so fire is definitely the way to go :)

I'll probably roll with Litten considering that I'm a pyromaniac that always chooses fire-type starters :D. But for real tho, grass-type in general is underwhelming to play, as the typing itself is bad and the fact that they tend to be more defensively oriented (except Treecko who was awesome). Glass cannons (or even bulky cannons) tend to suit my playstyle a lot more, so fire is definitely the way to go :)

To tell the truth, no Fire type starter has ever been defensive. I personally believe this will be the first, since it's a good typing even with 4 weaknesses.

Grass are divided. Sceptile and Serperior are purely offensive while Torterra works both ways.

Water on the other hand, are mostly defensive, with Feraligatr and Greninja being the only purely offensive ones.

As it seems, Flying has to be offensive, Fire is most probably leaning towards defense, and Water is so derpy it might be offensive.

To tell the truth, no Fire type starter has ever been defensive. I personally believe this will be the first, since it's a good typing even with 4 weaknesses.

Grass are divided. Sceptile and Serperior are purely offensive while Torterra works both ways.

Water on the other hand, are mostly defensive, with Feraligatr and Greninja being the only purely offensive ones.

As it seems, Flying has to be offensive, Fire is most probably leaning towards defense, and Water is so derpy it might be offensive.

Actually serperior is more on the defensive with its 95 defenses and only 75 offenses but it has the speed at least

Also, Samurott has good enough offensive stats to be one... Though I'm not super informed about the competitive capabilities

I really hope litten line is offensive, I tend to be more fond of glass cannons as well I guess

Edited by Masquerain

Nah, Fire will never be defensive. I'm betting that Littens final stage will have high offenses. Water might be defensive again, and most certainly slow or with mediocre speed.

I think this is the first time in Pokemon history where the grass starter was the most popular. We'll see if that lasts when the game actually comes out though. Before X and Y came out, Fennekin/Braixen was the more popular design, and look how THAT turned out...

Nah, Fire will never be defensive. I'm betting that Littens final stage will have high offenses. Water might be defensive again, and most certainly slow or with mediocre speed.

While unlikely, a defensive fire type would be really interesting and may give people who prefer defensive strategies a reason to like the fire type. In terms of Litten though, looks to be quite the glass cannon if the first stage is anything to go by.

It's simple. Everyone loves the bowtie. Can't go wrong with bowties. I bet if garbodor or klefki wore a bowtie, they'd be hailed as great designs too.

Therefore the final form of Rowlet will wear a tuxedo. And it will be the snazziest bird since Empoleon.

It's simple. Everyone loves the bowtie. Can't go wrong with bowties. I bet if garbodor or klefki wore a bowtie, they'd be hailed as great designs too.

Therefore the final form of Rowlet will wear a tuxedo. And it will be the snazziest bird since Empoleon.

I see your bowtie, and raise you a banana beard!

tumblr_n737h3RJC01rpn9eno1_250.gif

Edited by Sheepish

I always enjoy the starters and I try to value them for thier own different traits and designs, that being said, I do adore Rowlet, with Litten a close second and Poppilo is also nice, but my least favorite of the three. I kinda want to use all three as I play through Sun and Moon tbh. Poppilo definitely doesn't deserve the hate it's getting from a large portion of the internet. It's just a fun little seal.

I'm getting moon and litten b/c 1. fire for offense and 2. this kit is LIT

also literally every1 I know is getting rowlet

and poplio or whatever looks like a clown so NOPE.

unless maybe on another save file I can name it gamzee

Edited by doombotmecha

Litten.It has the most striking colors, a personality unique among starters, and neat lore that ties into its basis.

Popplio is my second favorite, as it has a lot of personality and a cool use of its powers, plus it's old timey cartoonish design makes it stand out.

I don't like Rowlett much and his popularity is strange to me. Its eyes are JUST like starly's, its colors aren't that appealing, it doesnt have as much personality as the other two, and I hate bowties. I feel like the bowites play into internet geekery's fixation with psuedo-gentle wankery which may explain why it's so popular. I'd even say it's my least favorite grass starter as of yet.

Litten.It has the most striking colors, a personality unique among starters, and neat lore that ties into its basis.

Popplio is my second favorite, as it has a lot of personality and a cool use of its powers, plus it's old timey cartoonish design makes it stand out.

I don't like Rowlett much and his popularity is strange to me. Its eyes are JUST like starly's, its colors aren't that appealing, it doesnt have as much personality as the other two, and I hate bowties. I feel like the bowites play into internet geekery's fixation with psuedo-gentle wankery which may explain why it's so popular. I'd even say it's my least favorite grass starter as of yet.

Litten is a cat that licks its fur (which has flammable oils) and throws it like fireballs. It's a cat, just like Liepard.

Popplio is a trained seel/sea-lion that's doing acrobatic stuff and looks like Samurott/Dewgong.

Rowlet is a silent predator that can watch over its surroundings and doesn't resemble anything we have seen so far.

Litten is a cat that licks its fur (which has flammable oils) and throws it like fireballs. It's a cat, just like Liepard.

Exactly. Feline Pokemon are overdone, we get a new one every generation after all.