Rowlet, Litten, or Popplio?

Sheep

133 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite gen 7 starter?

• Rowlet
    • Litten
    • Popplio

Litten is a cat that licks its fur (which has flammable oils) and throws it like fireballs. It's a cat, just like Liepard.

Popplio is a trained seel/sea-lion that's doing acrobatic stuff and looks like Samurott/Dewgong.

Rowlet is a silent predator that can watch over its surroundings and doesn't resemble anything we have seen so far.

Well we have a hoothoot and noctowl but... let's hope it won't get the noctowl treatment...

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm definitely going for Rowlet purely because I'm curious to see what it can do fully evolved. Leafiate is teasing me into thinking it might get a nice signature move that either gives it a support niche independent of its awful defensive typing, or that its kit and stats will allow it to perform well as a fast offensive Pokemon. Maybe with some help from a hidden ability?

Also, I doodled the borb on MS Paint while procrastinating today.

Rowlet_zpsrkagbqxs.png

Edited by Magikarp Merchant

I'm definitely going for Rowlet purely because I'm curious to see what it can do fully evolved. Leafiate is teasing me into thinking it might get a nice signature move that either gives it a support niche independent of its awful defensive typing, or that its kit and stats will allow it to perform well as a fast offensive Pokemon. Maybe with some help from a hidden ability?

I'm definitely hoping for a fast physical attacker with Close Combat, if Staraptor has it why not Rowlets final evo too? Also supported by the "Rowlet attacks with kicks" description on the official website.

Exactly. Feline Pokemon are overdone, we get a new one every generation after all.

Bird pokemon are overdone. We get a new one(s) every generation after all :P

We had an owl before so none of them get points for groundbreaking animal basis. But that's okay, a pokemon is more than just the animal it's based off.

I'm just going to hope the little owlie ends up offensive with a cool design. Hoping the same for litten as I'm torn between them atm.

Meanwhile, as we already speculated, we now have a bird starter for each of the 3 types.. We also have a reptile of every type. Might be missing stuff atm, but not sure if there are any other established patterns (We do have a mammal of each type too I guess? )

Birds: KFC, Bowtie Snazz and Burd of Honour.

Reptiles: Cherzert, Christmas Lizard, UglyGen2Dino, RAWRGATR, Toitles of both Grass and Water varieties.

Mammals: VolcBadger, Son Goku, Ninetales Rip-off, Messnaught and BWARK and cat-thing.

Amphibians: PRAISE THE SAUR, AnchorArms and the Smogon Frog. Technically also Cherzert Jr, since salamanders are amphibians (though that entire line is clearly reptilian/draconic)

We don't have a proper fire type amphibian. Give.

A valid point. By that logic, I could similarly have said that Xerneas would have been pathetic because stantler and sawsbuck were unimpressive.

But as long as you believe in the BWARK, you shall not be forsaken.

• Global Mods

All of the species for the starters have been done, but that doesn't mean they don't have unique features. We've had plenty of cats, but not a Fire one that spits out flaming hairballs. We've had seals, but not circus performing seals. We have an owl, but that's pretty much all Hoothoot and Rowlet have in common. I'm also not sure why people are worried about Rowlet becoming like Noctowl. They don't seem like they'll have even close to the same playstyle, and starters are 3 stage lines while Hoothoot + Noctowl is 2 stages.

Points at Littleo and Pyroar #LitterPokemon

...oops, I forgot. Still doesn't spit flaming hairballs, though.

Or self immolates!

but seriously though how are people objectively picking starters now other than sheer appearance. also since when does competitive viability factor into a run of the game I don't know about you people but I'm not immediately slapping my starter onto all my showdown teams.

Edited by Narckarth

I picture rowlet's bowtie becoming some sort of tie or suit in its third stage, litten will be some sort of cheetah/tiger, popplio will be a sort of walrus/sealion. honestly Idk who to pick. I need more time.

I picture rowlet's bowtie becoming some sort of tie or suit in its third stage,

I honestly hope this doesn't happen. Pokémon wearing clothes looks stupid. The bowtie bother me already, it doesn't need clothes to look cool.