Praise The Sun... and Moon - Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon

Godot

Another leak showed the typings for Robinroot, Beltigre, and Sirene (I'm not which names I liked better, these or the other ones.)

Robinnroot: Grass/Flying, Grass (Yes, PURE Grass), Grass/Ground, and Grass/Electric (Which I'm pretty sure would be a first outside of Rotom).

Beltigre: Fire/Dark, Fire (Yes, like Robinroot, PURE Fire), Fire/Ghost (If it's anything like Chandelure, I expect greatness), and Fire/Poison (Which I'd use if I didn't use Salandit's evolution).

Sirene: Water/Fairy, Water (I guess they wanted to go Johto style with these second forms), Water/Fighting (I expect macho clown from this one), and Water/Psychic (Which seems to be a recurring combination in Alola, if the leaked Pokedex is true.)

Honestly, I'm STILL conflicted between choosing Robinroot and Beltigre. If the leaks are true and we DO get four forms, I'd have to wait and look at the images, because I heard that the Fire/Ghost Beltigre was gonna be pretty awesome. I can only imagine what Rockruff's evolutions will be like, too.

I don't know how to feel about those leaks. While the forms for the starters and everything else would be cool, it just seem so I alien to me. It wouldn't be too surprising though, as this whole generation so far seems to be about breaking rules Pokemon has previously set.

well some of these aren't improvement but replacemenet, but you're right, also the seasons were good features, having access to new areas depending on season was great

oh and yeah, RIP hidden grotto

and i know some of these are replaced my point is that GF aren't afraid of deleting stuff, so megas mre not safe

ps: and now i imagine a fighting type kadabra with a nunshaku

I still fight that Game Freak has never removed anything that was so directly related to the combat mechanics of Pokemon no matter how broken or powerful. Mega Evolution might be a post-game only type deal, but there's no way they've removed the mechanics completely. They have never removed an evolution, move, ability, type, or anything else. They have reworked some things, or rebalanced them, such as the physical/special split.

They have never removed an evolution, move, ability, type, or anything else. They have reworked some things, or rebalanced them, such as the physical/special split.02

Shadow Tag Chandelure and Lightingrod Zapdos don't seem to completely agree with you...

Corocoro has just dropped some news. Apparently, there's going to be a new manga about a boy and his Rockruff. Pretty cool, but not what I was looking for. Looks like we'll have to wait a little longer before we actually get news.

Corocoro has just dropped some news. Apparently, there's going to be a new manga about a boy and his Rockruff. Pretty cool, but not what I was looking for. Looks like we'll have to wait a little longer before we actually get news.

It wasn't corocoro that gave this information. Pokemon's Japanese twitter account tweeted about it showing up in corocoro next month. We still do not have any information from this month's corocoro.

Shadow Tag Chandelure and Lightingrod Zapdos don't seem to completely agree with you...

also this gen takes from kaiba's book and screw the rules, because if they can get rid of gyms (present from 1st gen) why not megas

and god shadow tag chandy sounds game breaking

It seems that a lot of people are becoming more intrigued about the leaks about the Pokedex. TyranitarTube is even one of them. Won't be long before Shofu or Etika look it up and get on board too. As we get closer to Friday, the hype is rising.

• Global Mods

So this info confirms that the Pokedex leak was fake. There are Pokemon here that weren't mentioned in the "leaked" Pokedex, and according to that leak Bewear was a standalone but here we see it has a pre-evolution. EDIT: Ninja'd twice as I was making this post (not really an edit; I'm still typing but I opened the thread in a new tab to see if there were new replies)

Apparently the fish can change its appearance to a larger fish, which is pretty interesting. When I saw the pics, I just thought the smaller fish evolved into the bigger one. Also, is the big one an angler fish? It kind of has the face of one, but it doesn't have the lure on its head. The sand castle is a pretty cool concept!

Alolan Marowak is even more awesome than I imagined it to be, and I could see Team Skull using it given their name. I think Alolan Meowth's smug expression is really fitting. I'm interested to see what Team Skull's goal is, since the name and designs aren't really what I was expecting. I'm guessing Rockruff's "secret evolution" is the secret it shares with the starters.

I'm actually kind of glad that the pokedex leak was fake, or at least not 100% true.

I like the larger appearance of the fish

I'm probably going to have to get used to sandcastle. I do like its typing

Alolan meowth is nice. I don't really care about it

Alolan marowak did turn out to be fire type like they hinted on the website. Also a ghost type to please everyone who wanted it to mega evolve into a ghost type. I love it's design as well

Team skull. Hmm.... Sounds familiar. They better have a skuntank, koffing, and zubat or at least some homage to mystery dungeon

I think alolan meowth is based on the blue persian, which are big fluffy cats with bluish silver coats and fits A-meowth's coloration.

Based on this and the smug expression A-Meowth has makes me really want to see A-Persian.

That guy is supposed to be Team Skull's leader? I was expecting something more... business-like. It seems like Team Skull is following the thuggish route like Team Aqua and Team Magma. Though I DO like their designs...

Alolan Marowak is pretty badass, both its appearance and its typing. Doesn't disappoint at all.

Oh, and I just realized something now.... Take all of the main villain groups' names, and mix them all up. What do you get?

F GRAMPS. FUCKING GRAMPS. Does that mean Professor Oak is indeed a criminal mastermind? Stay tuned! (F could also stand for Fear, so Fear GRAMPS works too.

• Upvote 1

Honestly I didn't believe that Pokedex leak for a second. It just seemed like a lazy attempt to cash in on the popularity of such a rare occasion, an actual leak that is actually real.

Now the real question is, will the announcement later this week be something different?