Praise The Sun... and Moon - Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon

Godot

...guys. Alolan Exeggutor was hinted at in 1997 on the cover of the Japanese Jungle TCG booster box. It has an elongated neck while the rest of the body is presumably lower down

JPJungleBoosterbox.jpg

• Upvote 1

I think alola exeggutor makes sense, since he is now closer to a palm tree than ever. and the dragon typing some say it is because there is apparently a plant looking like that called the Dragon Tree..

i find Exeggcute more ridiculous i mean its a group of five eggs, one of which is broken with the inside showing... and it evolves into a coconut tree....

i find Exeggcute more ridiculous. i mean its a group of five eggs, one of which is broken with the inside showing... and it evolves into a coconut tree....

Technically, Exeggcute is a bunch of seeds that resembles eggs! Although I agree that Exeggutor's evolutionary line is one the weirdest ever made.

Also, I haven't seen the video yet and everything I learned was from Serebii and Twitter. But apparently I heard that the video shows the Alolan Exeggutor evolving from normal Exeggcute. Does that mean that Alolan Exeggutor can keep the psychic type attacks from its pre-evolution? If that's the case, then expect it to have a huge movepool!

Honestly, the Exeggutor has been hinted at multiple times now, not just in 1997. Take a look at its dex entry from Ruby and Sapphire.

"Exeggutor originally came from the tropics. Its heads steadily grow larger from exposure to strong sunlight."

The second sentence could just be a coincidence. After all, almost every other dex entry mentions that after the heads get big enough, they may fall off to form exeggcute. The first sentence is the highlight of the dex entry and serves as more of that, *ahem*

D E E P E S T L O R E

Can we talk about Z-moves and their dances for a moment? We know there's a Z-move for every type, and a corresponding dance. So what on Earth is the Ghost Dance, Fairy Dance, Rock Dance, Ice Dance, Dragon Dance (not the move), and Dark Dance going to look like??

Commenting about Megas

If you've watched Shadypenguinn, he seems fairly convinced that Sun and Moon will actually remove Mega Evolution completely. I don't know how I feel about the concept. I feel like competitively, there were Pokemon that could have -used- a Mega to gain viability, while others were perfectly fine fully evolved.

---

Z moves and Alolan forms?....neat.

Commenting about Megas

If you've watched Shadypenguinn, he seems fairly convinced that Sun and Moon will actually remove Mega Evolution completely. I don't know how I feel about the concept. I feel like competitively, there were Pokemon that could have -used- a Mega to gain viability, while others were perfectly fine fully evolved.

---

Z moves and Alolan forms?....neat.

Game Freak doesn't "remove" things. I highly doubt Mega-Evolution will get removed, though it's up in the air if they're just going to leave the current Megas as the only megas for a while, and that would be kind of disappointing. I think it's really sloppy to introduce new mechanics and then abandon them for newer, shinier things. I don't want Pokemon to become Yu-Gi-Oh.

• Global Mods

It would be odd to me if Mega Evolution was completely removed, since they've never taken away any kind of Pokemon forms before (ex: Deoxys and Rotom have always had access to their forms since those forms were introduced).

I did think it wasn't going to return in ORAS because I remember it being said it's a Kalos thing, but then they came back so I thought "Ok it's here to stay".

• Global Mods

It was said about mega evolution in-game too, IIRC.

That was their reason for not including customization in ORAS, but now it's back in SM. I wonder if they decided to put it back in after seeing how much people missed it, or if they planned to use it in the future from the beginning and hid it to not spoil the surprise.

I thought the trainer customization in ORAS is removed for the sake of nostalgia so I wouldn't be surprised if Sinnoh remake won't feature any. I wonder if we'll be able to remove our hat.

I also don't think Mega will be removed. In fact, this new Alola forms makes me think that there will be two megas for one pokemon, similar with Mega X and Mega Y last gen.

So, I happened to find this subreddit discussion and apparently there is a guy that says he works for GF (not buying it though). But he shares some very interesting information to discuss! :D

https://www.reddit.com/r/PokeMoonSun/comments/4w359h/pok%C3%A9mon_sun_and_moon_news_confidential_info/?st=iriuv5te&sh=d2bd75bc

RIP Game Corner

RIP gems, RIP apricorns pokeballs, RIP safari zone, RIP item pc, RIP extra pocket in the bag from BW2, rip first life saving potion, RIP seasons, FUCKING SEASONS , and of course we can't forget follower pokemon

so yeah, they romove things

Edited by webobo

RIP gems, RIP apricorns pokeballs, RIP safari zone, RIP item pc, RIP extra pocket in the bag from BW2, rip first life saving potion, RIP seasons, FUCKING SEASONS , and of course we can't forget follower pokemon

They don't remove things that are directly related to combat and battle mechanics is what I should've said.

Gems- because too powerful? Idk. Guess they weren't balanced. This new Z-move sounds like GF's new system to balance it out. Improvement.

game corner was boring slots gamble that should have taught you that'll you'll never win playing that shit. I used to grind the e4 for money to just buy the coins directly for the tm's and pokemon I wanted. Coin flip was fun but consumed more time than it was worth. Now they have you fight pokemon battles for bp in order to earn stuff. improvement.

annoying 24 hour limitations were annoying. now you can buy better versions of those balls without the wait. improvement.

safari zone- that other gambling area where your stars had to align to find AND catch a chansey in there without it running away like a champion track star. remember that footstep limit? then we got the friend safari where we could battle and farm for pokemon with 3 or more perfect IV's and hidden abilities. improvement.

extra pocket? what was that for? the reason I didn't notice it is probably the same reason I won't miss it.

Not that you needed it unless they happened to get a crit. jesus saves. often. and always right before obvious rival battles.

Seasons? I literally don't remember them. What was their point... on yeah, sawsbuck forms. and then no one cared.

Follower pokemon were a nice cosmetic. kinda wish it had an on/off switch.

Edit:

As for that 'leak' thread. A lot of it sounds like it could be legit but it could easily be a troll post. fighting/psychic abra line- so it can use elemental punches effectively again? flame dancer marowak, volcano alola form golem... Like, you look at the answers he posts and you could really see it being true. Either this is all true or this is a very clever faker that has better ideas for pokemon games than game freak. not that that would be too hard.

Also, the fire guy with the Marowak reminds me of Marlin, but with an opposite personality type. But I really like the both of 'em. This should be fun.

Gems- because too powerful? Idk. Guess they weren't balanced. This new Z-move sounds like GF's new system to balance it out. Improvement.

game corner was boring slots gamble that should have taught you that'll you'll never win playing that shit. I used to grind the e4 for money to just buy the coins directly for the tm's and pokemon I wanted. Coin flip was fun but consumed more time than it was worth. Now they have you fight pokemon battles for bp in order to earn stuff. improvement.

annoying 24 hour limitations were annoying. now you can buy better versions of those balls without the wait. improvement.

safari zone- that other gambling area where your stars had to align to find AND catch a chansey in there without it running away like a champion track star. remember that footstep limit? then we got the friend safari where we could battle and farm for pokemon with 3 or more perfect IV's and hidden abilities. improvement.

extra pocket? what was that for? the reason I didn't notice it is probably the same reason I won't miss it.

Not that you needed it unless they happened to get a crit. jesus saves. often. and always right before obvious rival battles.

Seasons? I literally don't remember them. What was their point... on yeah, sawsbuck forms. and then no one cared.

Follower pokemon were a nice cosmetic. kinda wish it had an on/off switch.

Edit:

As for that 'leak' thread. A lot of it sounds like it could be legit but it could easily be a troll post. fighting/psychic abra line- so it can use elemental punches effectively again? flame dancer marowak, volcano alola form golem... Like, you look at the answers he posts and you could really see it being true. Either this is all true or this is a very clever faker that has better ideas for pokemon games than game freak. not that that would be too hard.

Also, the fire guy with the Marowak reminds me of Marlin, but with an opposite personality type. But I really like the both of 'em. This should be fun.

well some of these aren't improvement but replacemenet, but you're right, also the seasons were good features, having access to new areas depending on season was great

oh and yeah, RIP hidden grotto

and i know some of these are replaced my point is that GF aren't afraid of deleting stuff, so megas mre not safe

ps: and now i imagine a fighting type kadabra with a nunshaku

Edited by webobo