Praise The Sun... and Moon - Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon

Godot

It says rock doge and the starters have a secret any guesses on what it could be

I'm really worried that it is going to be fusion with the trainer (e.g. the ash greninja kind of thing).

I'm going to be kind of annoyed if it is this, as I really don't like the concept of it.

A mega could be fun though.

Koalas are dangerous.

Yes they are, but they won't hurt you if you leave them alone. The people who get injured by koalas are almost always idiot tourists who find them in the wild and try to pick them up.

• Global Mods

Wait, weren't we supposed to be doing the thing where we put new information in spoilers for those who don't want to be spoiled?

Definite Sleep is an interesting ability. I'm guessing it'll be exclusive to Nekkoala's line (it could fit Munna, Musharna, and maybe Snorlax but they already have 3 possible abilities). Wow, Iwanko is very cute. I'll have to use it on my team since Doge is my favorite meme and such.

I really hope the "secret" is something interesting and not the fusion that everyone's talking about. Also Magearna's ability Soul Heart reminds me of HeartGold and SoulSilver.

• Upvote 2

Wait, weren't we supposed to be doing the thing where we put new information in spoilers for those who don't want to be spoiled?

Definite Sleep is an interesting ability. I'm guessing it'll be exclusive to Nekkoala's line (it could fit Munna, Musharna, and maybe Snorlax but they already have 3 possible abilities). Wow, Iwanko is very cute. I'll have to use it on my team since Doge is my favorite meme and such.

I really hope the "secret" is something interesting and not the fusion that everyone's talking about. Also Magearna's ability Soul Heart reminds me of HeartGold and SoulSilver.

Yes we are... apparently nobody cares or does it. So there goes that.. I think I'll just stay away from this thread whenever new info is supposed to come out since nobody bothers to keep things in spoiler tags. But kudos to you, my friend, for being the lone one to have common courtesy!

That said, since it's already spoiled.

The coala is absolutely kawaii-desu. Does anybody have a clue what the "nek" in the name could mean?

I have no clue why people think the dog is a shiba inu, it's not. Hell, it has more of a potential to evolve into a collie than anything else. Either way, it's not a bad design

So far this gen is looking promising design-wise.

Could the secret be related to alchemical symbols as speculated already for the starters? Sulfur, salt and mercury? But what could the dog have then? And why the dog of all things? It feels too random to be just about the new bracelet-related thing imo

All I can confirm is my disappointment reflected on my screen.

This shows that the trainers visible in the background are really just gonna stand there as decoration, emotionless no matter what happens on the battlefield. That's horribly lame

Other than that. Is Zygarde confirmed to be part of the game (i.e. we're going back to Kalos) or are they just hyping the fact that there will be a zygardog distribution somewhen and it will be compatible with sunmoon? We don't know that yet, but it doesn't 100% mean this footage will be part of SM's plot

As for Zygardog, apparently it transforms into 100% form when in a pinch? What about 50% form? This looks badly thought-out if it's really the case.

Or maybe Zygardog transforms by using its signature move ( apparently named Core Punisher) ?

Apart from that, megazord form's beam forms the letter Z. That's kinda cool

Overall, disappoint

Edited by Masquerain

you know... as awesome this is with Zygarde...

I still can't get over the fact that 'Perfect Zygarde' is a frikkin' Power Rangers Mega-Zord (and as a matter of fact, I have decided to name it Mega-Zord if I get it)

BUT I hope we don't get Zygarde as part of the Story!!!

Oh god, that would be sooooo awful - even if we gat it as it's mini cell-form, which might 'evolve' into the dog form with friendship or what ever... we would still get yet another Legendary as part of the story.... which I already despise with any other Story-Legend...

make it post-game content! I don't want an overpowered Mega-Zord half-way through the game!!!

(yeah, yeah I don't have to use it... but guess whos team will be full of those in their secret bases - if they return... right - everyones! - which is super boring...)

you know... as awesome this is with Zygarde...

I still can't get over the fact that 'Perfect Zygarde' is a frikkin' Power Rangers Mega-Zord (and as a matter of fact, I have decided to name it Mega-Zord if I get it)

BUT I hope we don't get Zygarde as part of the Story!!!

Oh god, that would be sooooo awful - even if we gat it as it's mini cell-form, which might 'evolve' into the dog form with friendship or what ever... we would still get yet another Legendary as part of the story.... which I already despise with any other Story-Legend...

make it post-game content! I don't want an overpowered Mega-Zord half-way through the game!!!

(yeah, yeah I don't have to use it... but guess whos team will be full of those in their secret bases - if they return... right - everyones! - which is super boring...)

I think if that footage hints to anything story-related for zygarde, it's a return to kalos during post-game

But it also can mean nothing but a future distribution via event. They seem to use that canyon background for everything legend-related so -shrug-

and yeah, I loathe that it's a megazord as well. But I suppose that's the "guardian of earth" ..

So a sand dragon snake has a form where he becomes a sand dragon dog which turns into a flying sand dragon spaghetti monster when low health. Never change nintendo.

Pretty cool concept though. Should be interesting in competitive.

So zygarde changes forms based on its health.... What a drag. I wish we could change zygarde's forms in battle via mega evolution or something like that just so we could strike a pose and summon our legendary MegaZord all to the tune of "Go Go Power Rangers!"

Seriously screw mega rayquaza and arceus, zygarde may actually be a legendary I'll like and use.

Edited by Sieg12

They don't^

It's always the same 4, we just see different forms using different moves. Snake form already had the 3 moves used by zygardog, the 4th just gets revealed by megazord

I still find it incredibly useless if they'd make zygardog forced to go megazord as soon as its at low hp... What's the point of it existing? Let's not mention they skipped snake form for the transformation.. I hope there's more to this than the trailer shows. And moreover, I hope there's a significant point to zygarde in sm

the move Megazord Zygarde uses

This move's name has been confirmed to be "Core Punisher" (translation from japanese) and "Core Enforcer" (official western translation).

I still find it incredibly useless if they'd make zygardog forced to go megazord as soon as its at low hp... What's the point of it existing? Let's not mention they skipped snake form for the transformation.. I hope there's more to this than the trailer shows. And moreover, I hope there's a significant point to zygarde in sm

Is just a wild guess, but could it be.... that regular zygarde (nowadays known as 50%) could be the form this adopts at, well, 50% health? It would feel extremely crowded that way, but is the only explanation I can come up with for the time being.

Considering that out of all zygarde forms, only 3 are known to be able to battle (10%, 50%, 100%), what if the ability

makes the form change... at reverse? as in:

• At full HP, zygarde's core/brain/whatever considers there's no need to adopt any higher power to defeat the enemy, so it just gathers enough cells to form the dog appearance, kill whatever is bothering the ecosystem and go to doing its own core things again.
  • If damaged enough to bring it down to between 50% and 10% HP (but not less), zygarde's core be all like "ok, what the hell, need more power to beat this guy". It calls upon more cells and forms 50% form.
  • If damaged enough to bring it down to less than 10% (without fainting, obviously), zygarde's core gets scared for real and calls all of its cells in a pinch, to make perfect form and erase its foe into oblivion.

After all, keep in mind perfect form is said to be stronger than both Yveltal and Xerneas, so its BST -could- be 700 or so, with some crazy attack and speed. It also apparently has more base HP than other forms, since it recovers itself, although I'll admit, this is the only part about the whole gimmick that I honestly like: if you're super damaged but you can literally call upon more of your scattered cells to rebuild yourself, then to me it makes sense you can recover health. However, if the ability were to be activated by amount of HP at the end of the turn, that would mean that a perfect form would go to 50% form by simply...well, triggering once and not losing HP before the end of next turn.

This whole thing seems supper clustered with forms and tbh i would find it super weird if that was the actual way this whole thing worked. Let alone, super convoluted for a pokemon ability. Although if I give my opinion, gen 7 seems to be carrying a lot more of a "fakemon feel" than previously. What I mean by this is that every legend introduced has its own signature ability or signature move, and I don't mean just the version mascots I mean even magearna and zygarde now. Even the koala leaked today has a signature ability, and rowlet has a signature early-game move. I call this "fakemon feel" because you only ever see so many signature abilities and moves all at once when you're making a fakedex, imo.

EDIT: also, while I'm hard to disappoint since all I really ever want from new pokemon games is, welp, new pokemon (as in, the creatures), I don't really care much about regions, gyms, NPCs, story (although playing a good one is cool, obviously), as long as there are new mons, and they don't even have to be many, they just have to be good. At least that's how it is for me.

But what I wanted to say, is regarding 10% form zygarde's in-game 3D model. Am I the only one that doesn't really like how that one came out? its scarf seems to be made of a rigid strand of cardboard: it almost barely waves in the wind the way a long scarf like that would. And its front view is a little... weird, considering it is a dog. Dunno I expected its face to look slightly different.

Other than that, everything else in sun and moon seems to be awesome. Convoluted zygarde abilities and non-fire sun lions aside, lol.

Didn't notice the scar being a stick, but I found this stuff to look pretty cool. If they make this like Gen 2 (with Kalos being the second region), that would be interesting, but maybe cost them too much money.

It's all speculation on our behalf, though, so I rather wait until the release to see what GF will have done with it.

This move's name has been confirmed to be "Core Punisher" (translation from japanese) and "Core Enforcer" (official western translation).

Is just a wild guess, but could it be.... that regular zygarde (nowadays known as 50%) could be the form this adopts at, well, 50% health? It would feel extremely crowded that way, but is the only explanation I can come up with for the time being.

Considering that out of all zygarde forms, only 3 are known to be able to battle (10%, 50%, 100%), what if the ability

makes the form change... at reverse? as in:

• At full HP, zygarde's core/brain/whatever considers there's no need to adopt any higher power to defeat the enemy, so it just gathers enough cells to form the dog appearance, kill whatever is bothering the ecosystem and go to doing its own core things again.
  • If damaged enough to bring it down to between 50% and 10% HP (but not less), zygarde's core be all like "ok, what the hell, need more power to beat this guy". It calls upon more cells and forms 50% form.
  • If damaged enough to bring it down to less than 10% (without fainting, obviously), zygarde's core gets scared for real and calls all of its cells in a pinch, to make perfect form and erase its foe into oblivion.

After all, keep in mind perfect form is said to be stronger than both Yveltal and Xerneas, so its BST -could- be 700 or so, with some crazy attack and speed. It also apparently has more base HP than other forms, since it recovers itself, although I'll admit, this is the only part about the whole gimmick that I honestly like: if you're super damaged but you can literally call upon more of your scattered cells to rebuild yourself, then to me it makes sense you can recover health. However, if the ability were to be activated by amount of HP at the end of the turn, that would mean that a perfect form would go to 50% form by simply...well, triggering once and not losing HP before the end of next turn.

This whole thing seems supper clustered with forms and tbh i would find it super weird if that was the actual way this whole thing worked. Let alone, super convoluted for a pokemon ability. Although if I give my opinion, gen 7 seems to be carrying a lot more of a "fakemon feel" than previously. What I mean by this is that every legend introduced has its own signature ability or signature move, and I don't mean just the version mascots I mean even magearna and zygarde now. Even the koala leaked today has a signature ability, and rowlet has a signature early-game move. I call this "fakemon feel" because you only ever see so many signature abilities and moves all at once when you're making a fakedex, imo.

EDIT: also, while I'm hard to disappoint since all I really ever want from new pokemon games is, welp, new pokemon (as in, the creatures), I don't really care much about regions, gyms, NPCs, story (although playing a good one is cool, obviously), as long as there are new mons, and they don't even have to be many, they just have to be good. At least that's how it is for me.

But what I wanted to say, is regarding 10% form zygarde's in-game 3D model. Am I the only one that doesn't really like how that one came out? its scarf seems to be made of a rigid strand of cardboard: it almost barely waves in the wind the way a long scarf like that would. And its front view is a little... weird, considering it is a dog. Dunno I expected its face to look slightly different.

Other than that, everything else in sun and moon seems to be awesome. Convoluted zygarde abilities and non-fire sun lions aside, lol.

My issue with the forms is that you can't use a single one as a standalone pokemon. Moreover, are they gonna retcon Snakegarde from XY which was a standalone? Will all new zygarde ever used by people be a crowded formation of zygarde forms? And if not, are they just gonna separate snakegarde from zygardog-megazord? That seems incredibly badly thought-out ..But yeah, even that aside, I just wanna use zygardog as its own being, without being forced to change forms as soon as it hits x % hp :\ That's just ugh. I hope there's more to what we were shown.

I never treated its scarf as a real scarf, it was always just part of the weird skin in my eyes so it doesn't bother me. The glowing gem in zygardog's butt is more bothersome imo... It's so... weird

I gotta say, for a gen that they claimed they'd wanna go back to the roots of simplicity for, this one sure is introducing a bunch of new moves and abilities. While it's nothing new for legends to have a new ability, it's also nothing new for regular mon to have a new ability.. Doesn't every gen get a few new ones? (the list for XY is quite huge, even if most are HAs- we got aerilate, gale wings, pixilate, protean, mega launcher, grass pelt, stance change, refrigerate, tough claws, strong jaw... magician, flower veil and so on)

And the legends always have their own... at least ever since gen 5- Yveltal, Xerneas, Reshiram, Zekrom . Primal Kyogre and Groudon had their own too if you wanna go there. I don't really get a fakemon-feel from this, and so far I'm liking where the dex is going (even though I didn't wanna see these new pokemon, spoilers were not in spoiler tags so wellp). Kawaiila best mon so far. But I do care about a good story and good features (and not so much hand-holding) so the game can still disappoint me. I already can't get over my disappointment at seeing that the trainers are dead in the background. Maybe sunmoon story is about the trainer searching for a soul to go with their dead hollow shell of a body :ph34r:

@Red_Chaos

Well they already showed that you can change the color of your clothes too (male protag was shown to wear black stripes instead of blue and blackwhite pants instead of black..red?orange? I really hope there are at least a few hats to choose from or the option to remove hats, because I can't stand the ugliness of the female's chicken hat... I also don't like her hair so I hope I can change that too but eh... I think they will keep it hidden for the time being whether there's full customization or partial. If they claim they keep features that were fan-popular, then they should have full customization