Version 7 Bug Reporting Thread.

Jan

• Developers

PLEASE READ THE WALL O' BUGS BEFORE POSTING WHAT YOU FOUND. YOUR BUG MAY ALREADY HAVE BEEN REPORTED!

Make sure you're on V7-1 before reporting!

What would Rejuvenation be without the bugs? A better game I say. So let's fix that up together, shall we?

Organization is key and that's what we lacked in the last bug reporting thread, so this time this thread will only be for gameplay errors.

Typos/line skip/grammar etc will go into another thread.

Things that are okay to report in this thread:

Crashes

Error notifications

Passability/Tileset errors

Music glitches

Green text: Error is fixed but not in public release

Red text: Error is fixed and is in public release

And of course, we gotta have the wall o' bugs.

Major Errors:

-West Gearen sequence break [fixed]

-Kristiline Help Center quests are broken [fixed]

-Intro segment sequence break [fixed]

- Talking to the lady in front of Saki's house from the sides leaves you frozen. [fixed]

-Lost camp freeze [fixed]

-Tesla event bug [fixed]

-Nim on route 2 crash [fixed]

-Pokemon Ranger trainer crash [fixed]

-Berry plant animation error in Terajuma jungle [fixed] [patch]

Minor Errors:

-Pokedex not showing some mons [fixed]

-Moving puzzle errors

-Lost Camp child requirement bug [fixed]

-Optional Ren fight appears before it should [fixed]

-Connecting Bridge passability errors [fixed]

-West Gearen passability errors [fixed]

-Lost Camp passability errors [fixed]

-Karrina duplicates.[fixed]

-Carotos Mountain pass errors [fixed]

-Erick's Illegal movesets [fixed]

-Machoke doesn't evolve through a Link Heart. [fixed]

-Karrina shows up both outside and inside the base if Melia hasn't knocked her out yet. [fixed]

-The ??? quest hideout event repeats itself when upgrading to a new version. The trampoline which Jenkel goes up to go to the 3rd level disappears though, making the 3rd level impossible to access and get the key shard. [fixed]

-Carotos Elevator gltich [fixed]

-Shadow Beldum icon issue [fixed]

Move/Ability errors

-Sucker Punch still does not work correctly. [fixed]

-Belch still does damage without a berry.

-Snatch does not take health from wish.

-It is possible to steal items from partner trainers.

-Protean doesn't work correctly from HP

Other:

- IV's do not give the right HP due to that HP Fairy has been implemented. (Not really a bug, just that having a scheme of what IV's give what HP's would be nice.)

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I found some huge sequence break I think. After being instructed to head to the boat naturally I went straight to west Gearen and walked straight into the sewers and Venam and Melia were just there. I can only assume they are not supposed to be there yet

Story Spoilers for this bug, I guess. I'm currently locked from progressing, as well as doing anything at all, so if you have time to fix this it'd be great.

I got to the part when Melia shows us the tunnel for getting back to Gearen City, but for some reason I could now freely walk through walls. After talking to Melia and getting her to open the forest tunnel I couldn't enter it, and just walked right through the trees instead.

I reset the game, it still happened on the second try. When I walked to old Gearen, I couldn't enter any buildings while walking through walls, and entering/exiting maps didn't fix the problem.

• Developers

Story Spoilers for this bug, I guess. I'm currently locked from progressing, as well as doing anything at all, so if you have time to fix this it'd be great.

I got to the part when Melia shows us the tunnel for getting back to Gearen City, but for some reason I could now freely walk through walls. After talking to Melia and getting her to open the forest tunnel I couldn't enter it, and just walked right through the trees instead.

I reset the game, it still happened on the second try. When I walked to old Gearen, I couldn't enter any buildings while walking through walls, and entering/exiting maps didn't fix the problem.

This was reported in the beta test and I thought I fixed the issue, but it seems not. Thankfully I did not delete the fix to this from the map.

7c1d27df4669b090ed7b1c93c7309968.png

Do you see that tile surrounded by grass? Walk on it and the issue should be fixed.

I found some huge sequence break I think. After being instructed to head to the boat naturally I went straight to west Gearen and walked straight into the sewers and Venam and Melia were just there. I can only assume they are not supposed to be there yet

Can I get a bit more details? Did you go through the gate west of the laboratory?

Edit: Nevermind, I see the problem.

Ok I've finished the chapter - the gym leader's first pokemon is a Fire Rotom.. but as it turns out it doesn't seem to have any fire moves at all. Instead, he uses leaf storm on his fire rotom, and I feel like I have to assume that's a bug (I don't think it's even possible for a fire rotom to know leaf storm).

Edited by Kithros

After Spacea takes Kanon, and Melia cuts to another shortcut, I'm able to walk through everything, and can't progress in the game.

I believe you've got the same error BIGJRA mentioned earlier in this topic. Jan posted the fix to it a few comments after. (See below) Try it and see if that'll work for you! :)

This was reported in the beta test and I thought I fixed the issue, but it seems not. Thankfully I did not delete the fix to this from the map.

7c1d27df4669b090ed7b1c93c7309968.png

Do you see that tile surrounded by grass? Walk on it and the issue should be fixed.

Doing the "Save my Starly" request can cause the game to crash. After I beat the biker and talked to the woman, I tried to go back to Gaeren to get my reward and the game went black and crashed. I'm going to try and replicate it and see what the actual script error is.

I tried opening the error in text and it created a 52 page report. O_o

A few things first sucker punch no longer functions the way it should and second when trying to go into the lost camp if you had already rescued some children before hand when you enter the camp you will be put into autowalking mode and there is a kid in the way so you just end up walking into that kid forever.

Edit: here is my save file, for jan I believe it should be viewable you just have to delete the (1) from the name and it should work

Edited by Tempo17

A few things first sucker punch no longer functions the way it should and second when trying to go into the lost camp if you had already rescued some children before hand when you enter the camp you will be put into autowalking mode and there is a kid in the way so you just end up walking into that kid forever.

Edit: What was the email address for Jan so that I can send him my save file. The website won't let me upload for some reason.

Same issue here.

Edited by Bafabon

• Developers

In angie's town this is what the job board sais for me

4808fe0374d17debf02d93207b6e3762.png

Please look at the wall of bugs before reporting. This has already been reported.