We make Pokémon Reborn. Ask Us Anything.

Kurotsune

Is tanzan cove diveable in EP.16 and the cave at the right of it?

And also in future episodes do you consider putting a LEGENDARY Pokemon on a PULSE Machine? :feelsgd:

Edited by valfische

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5. That's not a bike. It's actually a Gen VII mon who's only moves are Bounce and Steamroller.

This is far and away my favorite answer.

I'm not so sure it would break an iron wall... super effectiveness aside. Nonetheless, how hard would you have to punch someone to kill them? There are some key points, for instance. The throat. The spleen. If their rib cage is shattered and punctured their vitals. A person isn't going to stay still when a Tyranitar is swinging at them though so it's unlikely that that big slow thing is going to hit key points with its hulking hands. It's harder to imagine it would kill her than the reverse.

Water breaks a fall-- still hurts though.

Tyranitar can level an entire mountain with a single swing of its arm. Now imagine if the energy required to destroy said mountain was concentrated directly toward a single human body...
(Granted, this is based on Pokédex entries and thus doesn't hold much water, but SPEAKING OF WATER)

Once you reach a certain speed (around 75 miles per hour), the water no longer serves a function in breaking your fall - contrariwise, the bodily damage caused by impacting water from a height of about 250 feet (or roughly four seconds of falling) will usually result in near-immediate death due to impact trauma. Assuming that the Celestinine Cascade is significantly taller than that, death is practically guaranteed.

This is far and away my favorite answer.

Tyranitar can level an entire mountain with a single swing of its arm. Now imagine if the energy required to destroy said mountain was concentrated directly toward a single human body...

(Granted, this is based on Pokédex entries and thus doesn't hold much water, but SPEAKING OF WATER)

Once you reach a certain speed (around 75 miles per hour), the water no longer serves a function in breaking your fall - contrariwise, the bodily damage caused by impacting water from a height of about 250 feet (or roughly four seconds of falling) will usually result in near-immediate death due to impact trauma. Assuming that the Celestinine Cascade is significantly taller than that, death is practically guaranteed.

Tyranitar wise, that depends on a few things. First of all, was that really meant to kill? Second, you're assuming "Pokémon World" humans work the same way as our world humans do, which they can't given they can stand near pokémon told to be literally as hot as the surface of the sun without getting even a slight heatstroke.

So they must be made of sterner stuff, right?

There's also such a thing as transfer of energy/momentum. While Amaria would undoubtedly receive the brunt of the attack regardless, depending on how energy dissipates, it could be non-lethal - If Tyranitar hit her legs, for example.

As for water, surface tension is nullified somewhat by flow; You can see a few examples of people surviving from incredibly high heights like falling off of a bridge because something else fell first and broke the water surface, causing tension to diminish.

This happens because of what surface tension is; The attraction between water particules. If you break that bond artificially - Like by dropping something on it - surface tension lessens.

Enough not to kill a particular gym leader? Maybe not, but given that we're working now under the assumption that these are naturally more resilient humans and we have real-world examples of people falling from similar heights and surviving, it doesn't become that unlikely that Amaria survived.

BUT HEY, THAT'S JUST A THEORY, A G- Nevermind.

Amethyst owes me big time

Will there be more action on 7th street?

Should we expect a Mushroom collector anytime soon?

Do you plan on making non-canon HM moves? (e.g. Pokemon Light Platinum had Lava Surf)

Are making cut-scenes difficult? (Like the Giant Steelix and Titania)

quick question: I started playing on E15, so I never touched the original League (nor am I that clear on what it is), and I've seen a lot of mention to the gym leaders being based on real people. Are they really?

Aren't we all, to some extent?

Can we expect to see (or I suppose hear) more Pokemon (or I suppose not Pokemon) remixes in the upcoming episodes?

Well, you can definitely expect it.

No clue whether it's actually gonna happen though

question

Is tanzan cove divable in EP. 16 and the cave at the right of it?

And also in future episodes do you consider putting a LEGENDARY Pokemon on a PULSE Machine?

P.S. sorry of I repeated my post it seems you missed it

thank you

question

Is tanzan cove divable in EP. 16 and the cave at the right of it?

And also in future episodes do you consider putting a LEGENDARY Pokemon on a PULSE Machine?

P.S. sorry of I repeated my post it seems you missed it

thank you

On the post directly above yours, I quoted the first post, where I explicitly said questions about future episodes weren't going to be answered.

First off, I want to give you guys a huge thank you for being so forthcoming with your answers when you can. I love it when a dev team interacts with the community on a semi-regular basis, and you guys do a fantastic job of that, so kudos!

Anyways, onto my actual question. Whilst I'm now aware of how Amethyst generally places Pokemon/Events(competitive viability, movesets, ect ect), I have another question regarding the Event Pokemon side of things. Is the Event that gives the Pokemon decided first, or is the event created and then one of the Pokemon on the list picked and assigned to that event? Take the various Hide and Seek style events(Zorua, Lillipup, ect ect)for example. Were the events designed, and then Pokemon assigned to them, or did you look at the list of Pokemon to add and go "alright so I'm gonna make this event for you, make you a gift..."? I know it's poorly worded, but I hope I got my point across.

Tyranitar wise, that depends on a few things. First of all, was that really meant to kill? Second, you're assuming "Pokémon World" humans work the same way as our world humans do, which they can't given they can stand near pokémon told to be literally as hot as the surface of the sun without getting even a slight heatstroke.

So they must be made of sterner stuff, right?

There's also such a thing as transfer of energy/momentum. While Amaria would undoubtedly receive the brunt of the attack regardless, depending on how energy dissipates, it could be non-lethal - If Tyranitar hit her legs, for example.

As for water, surface tension is nullified somewhat by flow; You can see a few examples of people surviving from incredibly high heights like falling off of a bridge because something else fell first and broke the water surface, causing tension to diminish.

This happens because of what surface tension is; The attraction between water particules. If you break that bond artificially - Like by dropping something on it - surface tension lessens.

Enough not to kill a particular gym leader? Maybe not, but given that we're working now under the assumption that these are naturally more resilient humans and we have real-world examples of people falling from similar heights and surviving, it doesn't become that unlikely that Amaria survived.

BUT HEY, THAT'S JUST A THEORY, A G- Nevermind.

Amethyst owes me big time

But the Tyranitar cracked some of her ribs which implies a blow to the torso

Okay, this is a plausible, acceptable explanation.

(Besides, the entire Pokémon franchise as a whole requires a good amount of suspension of disbelief, so it's not even that big of a deal if Amaria survives things that don't seem survivable.)

It's not like anyone downright loses by not having this movepool available; They still get the TMs, albeit later, and admitedly after they're past the point where they'd be most useful, but eh.

I think you pretty accurately just summed up exactly how people lose out from not having access to these TMs in this sentence. Let me give an example: Unfezent. While I don't personally care for Unfezent, there are people who do, and right now it's a pretty pitiable thing to love. It's a pokemon with a great 115 base attack stat, but a sub par 65 base special attack stat, and and the only physical move it learns until level 55 is Quick Attack. At 55 it also learns Facade (which is made somewhat irrelevant by the fact that it can get Facade through the game corner iirc? But there are going to be LOADS of people who don't think to do that) and at level 60 Sky Attack. By this point you have access to plenty of better flying type options and only the most hardcore of Unfezent fans are still going to be using it. How much more viable to you think Unfezent would become with access to an Aerial Ace TM somewhere in Reborn City? There are potential Grass, Bug, and Fighting type leaders that it would be very useful against. Is Aerial Ace going to make it broken though? I don't think so, what it will do is give it an option to hit super effectively with a STAB attack that you really might expect to be on it's level up movepool.
Suddenly by placing Aerial Ace in the early game you haven't broken the game, I honestly doubt Aerial Ace has the power to do that else we might be hearing reports of Fearow murdering the early game. What you have done is turned a previously nonviable pokemon into a viable one, and provided all those that might have wanted to use it with the opportunity to do so. They are the people that are otherwise being inconvenienced by the current absence of Aerial Ace. There are likely similar stories for other early game pokemon. How much would a Donphan love to have access to Bulldoze rather than relying on the oft similar powered but inconsistent Magnitude? Bulldoze even has strategic value for the intelligent player.

If I find I have too much I can move it earlier. I think players will prefer that change to the reverse where I run out of TMs to give and up axing some.

I can respect this, and I didn't think about it before hand. You're undoubtedly right that people would prefer the former to the latter. I'll just stick to hoping that my arguments make enough sense to influence the TM/move tutor distribution of the game by it's final release version.

I think you pretty accurately just summed up exactly how people lose out from not having access to these TMs in this sentence. Let me give an example: Unfezent. While I don't personally care for Unfezent, there are people who do, and right now it's a pretty pitiable thing to love. It's a pokemon with a great 115 base attack stat, but a sub par 65 base special attack stat, and and the only physical move it learns until level 55 is Quick Attack. At 55 it also learns Facade (which is made somewhat irrelevant by the fact that it can get Facade through the game corner iirc? But there are going to be LOADS of people who don't think to do that) and at level 60 Sky Attack. By this point you have access to plenty of better flying type options and only the most hardcore of Unfezent fans are still going to be using it. How much more viable to you think Unfezent would become with access to an Aerial Ace TM somewhere in Reborn City? There are potential Grass, Bug, and Fighting type leaders that it would be very useful against. Is Aerial Ace going to make it broken though? I don't think so, what it will do is give it an option to hit super effectively with a STAB attack that you really might expect to be on it's level up movepool.
Suddenly by placing Aerial Ace in the early game you haven't broken the game, I honestly doubt Aerial Ace has the power to do that else we might be hearing reports of Fearow murdering the early game. What you have done is turned a previously nonviable pokemon into a viable one, and provided all those that might have wanted to use it with the opportunity to do so. They are the people that are otherwise being inconvenienced by the current absence of Aerial Ace. There are likely similar stories for other early game pokemon. How much would a Donphan love to have access to Bulldoze rather than relying on the oft similar powered but inconsistent Magnitude? Bulldoze even has strategic value for the intelligent player.
I kinda agree with what you're saying but I imagine part of the issue is simply that the mid-tier TMs can be used by so many different pokemon. Like my Greninja can use both Aerial Ace and Bulldoze which with Protean makes him a very tough out. As it is now I have to wait till I can get the Aerobatics TM to get a Flying move I really like for him, which makes him so much stronger. Also I just like not having a ton of TMs everywhere, I doubt I was the only player who had pokemon that had nothing but TM moves on some of the orignal games, so one that forces me to use pokemon that have actual useful movesets is nice.
Now what I really want to stay around is the infinite use of TMs and being able to forget HMs without needing the Move Deleter. That way if I need a less used TM like Rock Smash or Strenght I can just switch it out with a TM move, then replace the TM back once I'm done. I'm not entirely sure if that was intentional or not but it makes the game much more enjoyable since I don't need to carry around an HM slave
Edited by Darth Luffy

• Administrators

And also in future episodes do you consider putting a LEGENDARY Pokemon on a PULSE Machine? :feelsgd:

Would I really do something like that?

So what problems have arisen in development that may halt the production/polishing of Reborn? Particularly what about when progressing the game?

Firstly let me just say that it's lost on exactly no one how you basically just asked the same thing as before with slightly more generalized wording to get around the stipulation Kuro listed. But when it comes to getting around things, I suppose old habits die hard, don't they?

The point that this has all been said in the other topic remains-- but whatever.

Specific things that have hindered development in this cycle include technical problems (I had to replace one of my computers already, and the other one is now freezing frequently), internet problems, and health problems (with both Kuro and I) that prevented us from working (and are still a factor). In the past it's just been me having to work/be in school/getting grounded. Most of that's not an issue now since I'm out of school, my mom stopped doing that (she gave up on me lol <3) and I can work on the game at my job (...when my computer isn't freezing)

The main slow down for this and probably future episodes is just that there's a lot more to do, and that's not a trend that's going to change because we'll be working on animations and AI, both of which are very sizable projects, probably throughout the rest of development. Even aside from those things, I have hundreds of things that need to be done, some of which take seconds, and others, days.

words and physics and kuro's stuff and blah blah blah

waterfall

also the real reason she survived the fall into the water is because she's a water leader, so it's not very effective.

Another question: are there plans (maybe for the post game) to make side quests involving Gym Leaders? Like finding some extra rare coffee for Julia for example.

Yep. Though that one sounds boring.

Will there be more action on 7th street?

Should we expect a Mushroom collector anytime soon?

Do you plan on making non-canon HM moves? (e.g. Pokemon Light Platinum had Lava Surf)

Are making cut-scenes difficult? (Like the Giant Steelix and Titania)

Not too much, but maybe.

Until recently we didn't have code for this so it's now a possibility-- but not really a priority

Nope.

Nope, because it's the same as making anything else (but handling giant sprites like Steelix is more than a little rough)

quick question: I started playing on E15, so I never touched the original League (nor am I that clear on what it is), and I've seen a lot of mention to the gym leaders being based on real people. Are they really?

Yep, all non-meteor important characters in this game are based on leaders from the online league.

Can we expect to see (or I suppose hear) more Pokemon (or I suppose not Pokemon) remixes in the upcoming episodes?

It's not impossible, but I almost have all the areas covered, so it might be replacing older stuff or something if at all.

Whilst I'm now aware of how Amethyst generally places Pokemon/Events(competitive viability, movesets, ect ect), I have another question regarding the Event Pokemon side of things. Is the Event that gives the Pokemon decided first, or is the event created and then one of the Pokemon on the list picked and assigned to that event? Take the various Hide and Seek style events(Zorua, Lillipup, ect ect)for example. Were the events designed, and then Pokemon assigned to them, or did you look at the list of Pokemon to add and go "alright so I'm gonna make this event for you, make you a gift..."? I know it's poorly worded, but I hope I got my point across.

Varies between each. Some Pokemon I know exactly what I want to do with them from the start and they have an event tailored to them. More often though, I look for places that events could go and build them in like I do item niches. Or sometimes I don't think that far ahead and end up tucking them into any corner that looks like it can hold one (but that's usually for when availability gets changed for axery or whatever)

One more question, to everyone involved:

Upon completing this game, what do you hope your biggest accomplishment will be?

What I mean by that is, does the finished game itself represent the biggest victory, or are you more motivated by personal development, or the fact you've built an entire online community around the game, etc?

Also, bonus question for Ame: words words physics surf item economics words?

• Developers

What pokemon would you consider the most beautiful and graceful? Basically if Ciel could have any type pokemon, which ones would they be in your opinion?

Diancie & Swanna. That is all. 5 Swanna and a M. Diancie. Nothing else compares. Still salty that Ciel didn't get Swanna, super graceful AND flying type.

TTar isn't any bigger than a grizzly bear, and people survive bear attacks.

But what if the bear was made of rocks?

EDIT: How do your friends outside of the Reborn community feel about the game and your massive role in it? (even if they don't know/play Pokemon)

Also, smooth or crunchy?

My closest friends, those being the ones I've mentioned it to, aren't really into pokemon that much. So they're glad I'm doing something I enjoy with my free time but that's about the extent of it.

Maybe it's because I'm English, but I've seen peanut butter like once in my life. I don't think it's that much of a thing here. The idea sounds sorta nasty, ngl.

But what if the bear was made of rocks?

Yeah I know haha. I was just trying to be fair and say that it doesn't make sense for a bear-sized rock / Godzilla clone to be able to level a mountain despite the canon Pokedex entry I cited.

Anyways, the way I see it Reborn is a better game than the canon games, so Ame's Pokemon physics > the canon ones. Except for anything Terra related - that's all TM 78 right there.

Also, another good TTar explanation, if anyone's interested: TTar could've used a ton of Superpowers when it fought Amaria's team, so it's Attack was super depleted by the time it struck Amaria.

Edited by GenOneRaisedGenY

I figure that you have to have some sort of plan for the ending, but how much of this plot was the same from the start? Did it end up taking any surprising directions from the viewpoint of what it started out as? Can you share some of the more interesting what-might-have-beens(assuming they exist) and/or why they weren't?

Edit: Oh, that's quite a bit like HakuTaku's. Hmm.

If this game had been a book, who would you have made the main character(s) whose thoughts and/or actions we would follow? Please ignore this if its too...anything. I feel like it may be inappropriate to ask, but can't decide. >_>

Edited by Quickslip