We make Pokémon Reborn. Ask Us Anything.

Kurotsune

1) Am i the only one who thinks that Cain is creepy?

2) Will new event pokemon become implemented in the areas avliavable before E16?

3) What is the character you like the most?

4) What is the character you hate the most?

1-> I'm guessing no.

2-> Probably!

3-> My favorite character in pokémon Reborn is, actually, Adrienn. I like their drive.

4-> I actually am not huge on TItania.

1) Who is your favorite in game character?

2) Do you ship a Tauros x Miltank (several) harem?

3) Is Team Meteor the most sirius team within pokemon fangames/canon games in your opinion?

4) Do you physics?

1-> As mentioned, Adrienn.

2-> I believe pokémon are free to love whatever or whoever they choose.

3-> I'd consider Team Meteor among the most fanatical in terms of what they're willing to do to achieve their objectives, but other teams would probably employ similar means if they had the technology.

4-> No. *Floats away*

1. Will there be any special perks available for purchase if we accumulated 500,000+ Pokedollars?

2. Will Onyx Arcade be giving away more prizes, especially when we have more gym badges?

3. Will Mudkip be making a return in Byxbysion in the post-game?

4. Will there be more hidden Easter eggs in Reborn?

5. How does one constantly jump between rocks while on a bike?

1-> Not that I'm aware of? That'd be really easy to exploit.

2-> Maybe!

3-> Maybe sooner! We'll see.

4-> Maybe!

5-> Like this:

does lin actually become PULSE Arceus at some point?

will we ever see sandy in game?

But, for serious questions,

How does it feel to have been able to contribute this much to the game's development?

Also, what's the hardest thing you were able to fix and/or implement to the game's code?

No

No

It felt pretty thankless for a huge portion of it, but it got better.

I can't really pinpoint the "hardest" thing as pokémon reborn is actually quite far below the complexity scale compared to my actual work.

That said, online functionality has so far been the biggest challenge.

Who puts the most time and effort into an episode?

I'd like to think a few months back it was both me and Amethyst in equal measures, but right now, it's Ame by far.

Will the Shiny Charm be available to those who missed it in Episode Sixteen?

I dunno!~

Who was involved with deciding for and reshaping of the post-Noel level curve, what is your feedback that you have about it and can it be reviewed with input from the community?

Amethyst decides most of the gym leader balances. Feedback tends to oscilate a lot between "He's so eeeaasssyyy" and "He's too haaaarrrrddd" across all gym leaders, Noel included.

That said, players are always welcome to give feedback, as long as they're willing to accept the fact we reserve the right to not follow it.

ok pikachu was a bad exemple but :

old : uLWgjjz.png New : v7yFFLk.pngold : kogw5f0.png New: TBAHOwk.png

still no ?

I still like the oldies better.

But who knows?

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Developers

Alright, let's fly in and answer what I actaully have answers to! If I skip you, it probably means I'm just not in the know enough to respond. Whoops.

Me. I mean, I have no idea exactly how much work Kuro and Dan have done in the past and are doing now and whatnot. But Ame is always working on something.

does lin actually become PULSE Arceus at some point?

will we ever see sandy in game?

But, for serious questions,

How does it feel to have been able to contribute this much to the game's development?

Also, what's the hardest thing you were able to fix and/or implement to the game's code?

I can't speak for anyone else, but I love being able to contribute to Reborn. After enjoying it so much, it's nice to be able to give back. Plus even though it can be difficult and frustrating, it's good fun and I've learnt some cool stuff.

As for the hardest fix... Anything involving Status Moves, which apparently don't like to behave. Also I recall spending quite a while trying to get the whole 'Undiscovered mons with 3 perfect IVs' thing working.

1. Will there be any special perks available for purchase if we accumulated 500,000+ Pokedollars?

2. Will Onyx Arcade be giving away more prizes, especially when we have more gym badges?

5. That's not a bike. It's actually a Gen VII mon who's only moves are Bounce and Steamroller.

3) Is Team Meteor the most sirius team within pokemon fangames/canon games in your opinion?

4) Do you physics?

1. When they're together, Cain and Aya both shoot up to being my favourite characters, just because of their humour bouncing off of eachother. Otherwise, Noel has recently been growing on me. Although I'm potentially a big fan of Shade if he turns out how I think he will.

2. Who doesn't?

3. Unless other games have a Sirius in them...

4. What the hell is a physics?

2) Will new event pokemon become implemented in the areas avliavable before E16?

1. As I said above, I'm rather fond of his character. Although I think if I knew him in person I'd probably find him a little bit much.

3. See above.

4. I mean, a lot of the stuff surrounding him is still in question because of the mysterious circumstances, but El. The vibe I get off of him is that he's rotten to the core, although we still don't know about his and Radomus' history, nor his past with Luna, or indeed where exactly he falls in with Meteor's views, and whether he will end up being more alligned with Solaris or Lin. But the feeling I get off him right now is a very bad one.

In the Episode Status Discussion threads, a lot of people (including myself) speculate on the plots of future releases.

Out of the devs who are in the know, I'm curious to know if anybody's ever guessed something right about the plot, but you couldn't say it at the time? Or are people usually just way off and uninformed haha.

Edited by GenOneRaisedGenY

In the Episode Status Discussion threads, a lot of people (including myself) speculate on the plots of future releases.

Out of the devs who are in the know, I'm curious to know if anybody's ever guessed something right about the plot, but you couldn't say it at the time? Or are people usually just way off and uninformed haha.

I don't know if any other devs are in the know, but I figured out most of the E4 themes and almost the entire end of the plot around the time I joined.

Incidentally, none of those match the speculations I've actually posted before that happened.

As for people guessing stuff about the plot, I've seen some people get some stuff right, and a lot of people getting stuff wrong. The most interesting ones are the discussions about the champion.

• Administrators

jesus christ why

Are sprite creators (Bazaro, Koyo, SmeargleTail, mde) part of the development team? Or are they considered separate?

I've corrected the opening post. They're on the animation team. Bazaro left for the military though, which I knew would happen but he helped out a bit before then.

Does Ame hate every Pokemon she gave Fern, or just Budew?

No! I, well. I hate Ferrothorn. And Serperior when I'm not using it. And... Scizor is, okay, ish? ... Actually, it's quite possible. But that wasn't intentional.

^speaking of which, how did the meme of Ame's vendetta against Budew start?

it wasn't actually in that nuzlocke that was linked, i hated it before then because i just waNTED IT TO LOVE ME AND IT WOULDNT NO MATTER HOW HARD I TRIED Q~Q

How did Ame decide what pokemon to put in the mystery egg?

There's at least one of every type there, mostly good/popular stuff that wouldn't otherwise be available until much later in the game.

I've noticed that there seems to be an underlying theme across availability in Reborn...An obscene amount of hatred towards the Gen 1 Water types, aside from Squirtle. At least aside from Magikarp, that's easily understandable. Any particular reason for that? Anybody on the team who knows the answer can...well answer.

Tentacruel/Cloyster/Starmie/Slowbro... all of these were OU or close to it within the last two competitive generations. Availability was determined in Gen 5 so strong Pokemon were shoved to the back. The fact that they happen to all be gen 1 is just conincidence.

Yes, hi. Can we ban everyone that came here for the game after 2013 until the game is done?

You first.

But this community is primarily for the game now so like. nawh brah, get over it.

My question is this: are there currently side quests still undiscovered by the community?

It's hard to keep anything secret when people open the game in RMXP and post everything they find.

*casual shade*

will the pokemon icons be relaced by the oras ones

I see. I didn't realize they changed, but it probably won't be updated because that would be a -lot- of work for very little return and pad out development times significantly, which as everyone already knows, is a huge issue as is.

Who was involved with deciding for and reshaping of the post-Noel level curve, what is your feedback that you have about it and can it be reviewed with input from the community?

Hi that's me. To clarify at Kuro's response, this isn't about the gym leader battle, it's about how the level curve after that battle changed in a recent update.

I feel pretty secure in the changes as they are but I'm always open to feedback. I feel like you mentioned this before, but I can't recall the details. Nonetheless, I'm not particularly likely to change it back to how it was entirely, but it's possible to find an in-between point maybe if anything. No promises, because I prefer it as it is presently.

Will the Shiny Charm be available to those who missed it in Episode Sixteen?

Yes.

Most of the others on the team have very specific tasks and purposes (except Inuki) which means the 'everything else' falls to me. So that would still be me. And that's how it should be, because I shouldn't expect anyone to work on my game harder than I do.

The first one only half applies to me since it's my project, but I've been doing game development since I was wee child so it feels normal.

As for the code side, I leave most of the difficult things to others because I honestly am not much for scripting. The field effect project was the first thing I really did with Ruby since before that I just scavenged and copy pasted stuff. So we'll go with that.

No

Probably not

All non legendary pokemon will be available in the course of the main story (probably not wasteland tho)

Certainly

M4d sk1llz.

4) Do you physics?

Titania

Absolutely

I'm not too familiar with other fangames' evil teams of evil but the canon bar is pretty low so let's say yes

Absolute not.

Nope. I don't agree, but others share the opinion.

Considering what's coming up in the story? Hmm.

See above, Titania.

Terra.

If anyone besides me is fully in the know then they've read the text file they're not supposed to read, and must be burned at the stake.

There's a mix of both of those things though. Some guesses are impressive. Some are, uh... creative.

To the animation team - out of all the move animations you've done so far, which was the worst? Do you cringe every time you see the move now?

Do you mean the one that I did the worst job on the one that was the hardest? I'll answer both.

Worst Job: Struggle. The struggle with this move isn't even over yet. I've made a couple of variants and they have all made Ame and Inuki cry, laugh and die.

Hardest: Water Pulse is still probably my biggest enemy. It looks good now but it took so bloody long, was irritatingly difficult and as I fixed things, other problems would arise. Yeah so that's probably my least favourite move at the moment.

• Developers

Do you mean the one that I did the worst job on the one that was the hardest? I'll answer both.

Worst Job: Struggle. The struggle with this move isn't even over yet. I've made a couple of variants and they have all made Ame and Inuki cry, laugh and die.

Hardest: Water Pulse is still probably my biggest enemy. It looks good now but it took so bloody long, was irritatingly difficult and as I fixed things, other problems would arise. Yeah so that's probably my least favourite move at the moment.

god i love struggle ngl

After I got into the swing of things my old thunderpunch animation was just awful, shout out to explosion which i want to improve the quality of but don't have the skill to upgrade it enough to make it worth the effort

You could say the hardest one for me was fire punch because the reason i didn't start animations much sooner is that I just couldn't get fire punch the way i wanted it. I still think the fire might move a bit too quickly on it but I'm too jaded to care

as for actually cringing when i see one of my animations, if i cringe at it now i'll just scrap it and be done for the day, which is why im the least productive animator to this day.

Hi that's me. To clarify at Kuro's response, this isn't about the gym leader battle, it's about how the level curve after that battle changed in a recent update.

I feel pretty secure in the changes as they are but I'm always open to feedback. I feel like you mentioned this before, but I can't recall the details. Nonetheless, I'm not particularly likely to change it back to how it was entirely, but it's possible to find an in-between point maybe if anything. No promises, because I prefer it as it is presently.

Ame-senpai has noticed me! My issue with the change as if now is that there is just no experience whatsoever available in the part between Serra (or even Aya!) and Samson. Way too scarse, it makes keeping a team that's more diverse than a standard 6 neigh impossible, and considering that it's Pokemon and that it's 721 species, I think that more experience is always better. I'm leaving the gym fights difficulty out of this for now, I just think that the game is way too grindier as it is now. After grindfests, my sub-480 run army was at 47-51 just before Noel. In my older item guide run I had an overleveled (because I played that part in E14) team at Radomous (57-59) that just plateaued later, even when I continued playing the unnerfed level curve.

I think there should be first some kind of measuring of the experience offered between leaders to see what's going on instead of blindly saying "E15's curve is good" or "E14's unnerfed curve was better". I think it's an issue we should really dive into.

tumblr_njexevcqw21tgjlm2o1_500.gif

ALSO AME HATES GEN1 WATERS SHE MOVED GOLDUCK AFTER SAMSON

Edited by Odybld

• Administrators

To the animation team - out of all the move animations you've done so far, which was the worst? Do you cringe every time you see the move now?

The confusion (status) animation for the ones I did. Did you know that circles are really hard in this editor? Because circles are really hard in this editor.

I'll probably go back and touch it up more still because I have yet to make peace with it.

I think there should be first some kind of measuring of the experience offered between leaders to see what's going on instead of blindly saying "E15's curve is good" or "E14's unnerfed curve was better". I think it's an issue we should really dive into.

ALSO AME HATES GEN1 WATERS SHE MOVED GOLDUCK AFTER SAMSON

Although I don't think the few levels it sunk makes a significant difference in EXP gain, especially since the other Pokemon your facing are of course weaker in comparison, if that were true I wouldn't see it as a problem. Imo less EXP = better because that leaves more room for the level cap. Even so I'm really not concerned about the amount of EXP in a section. If it were a lack of gameplay that would be one thing. If teams are underlevelled then we tweak the opponent levels (which is exactly why this change was mind.) I don't see the actual numbers as worth fussing over though.

Golduck was just because Psyduck is available early in like every other canon game and it's also a goal to give Pokemon that aren't usually available early on a chance.

Will we be getting the other move tutors anytime soon? like Hyper Voice, Giga Drain etc

All canon tutors will be available at some point, probably before E4.

where is eviolite

why is shelly best

ame what is the biggest problem you've encountered when working with the team

where are the audino trainers I'm lazy :c

how bad was the first episode of reborn

did you ask for permission to make this thread

If anyone besides me is fully in the know then they've read the text file they're not supposed to read, and must be burned at the stake.

There's a mix of both of those things though. Some guesses are impressive. Some are, uh... creative.

The finished plot's in a text file? ...is it by chance labelled DontReadme.txt?

Sorry, I'll see myself out now.

Are you guys (and girls) currently not sick?

*Sneezes*

Only in our hearts.

Hello Kuro.

how do you view the community currently?

do you like how it has grown or nah?

how do you view the community currently?

There's a lot of things I don't agree with, and some that I do.

In general, member-wise, it's fine. I'm indifferent/don't interact with most people.

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

do you like how it has grown or nah?

Amethyst is a personal friend and so I'm happy it's working out well for her, yes.

What is your favorite in-game moment/scene?

When Amethyst dies in episode 16.

I'm kidding.

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

My favorite moment is probably whenever the hero gets to do something really badass; I hype easily.

It was a bug actually that was fixed. Would be pretty cool if they made it a feature, but oh well.

What is your favorite soundtrack for the game? This also includes the Animation Team if they feel like answering :]