[Recruiting GFX Artist] [POLL] Pokemon Darkness

pbood2

Pokemon Darkness Updates  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Would you as players not play the game because it had splices even if the development team thought they fit well for the concept of the delta pokemon?

• Yes, having splices is considered lazy and unprofessional for a game to have
    • No, if you believe they fit well for the pokemon concept then I trust the dev team
    • No but maybe try to have a lower amount of splices than original sprites so the whole game isn't overrun by spliced pokemon
    • No but only if I can't tell what pokemon were part of the splices

Well, looks like the thread got a major update, things are going smoothly and ooh look a shiny new progress bar that's neat, I actually wasn't expecting such a big change all of a sudden 0-0 good job pbood

Hello Micky. Thanks for the kind words and yeah I really liked the concept of a progress bar for different aspects of the development so I added it in.

UPDATE: I have added in a poll with 2 questions that anyone who is interested in Pokemon Darkness should fill to help me know what to do for the future updates. Thanks again for your support and interest and have a great day. :)

Hello everyone.

Next Thursday the 21st, there will be the next Pokemon Darkness update shown so we hope your excited. In the meantime, here's an image of Environmental Grotle and Torterra. Think you can figure out it's typing? ;D

Post your guesses below.

We would like your feedback though on placement of a song. I will put the song in the post but do you think it fits better as a grass town theme or as a forest route theme? If you could let us know, we would greatly appreciate it. :D

https://soundcloud.com/casim-bahadar/forest-theme-modified

VHYA9do.png

Rvxv89w.pngIKkZELe.png

These are the two versions of Team Darkness female grunts and the Environmental Grotle and Torterra. Hope you like them.

Finally, don't forget to do the poll so we can bring you the best updates possible that you guys who are supporting us want to see. :D

Thanks and have a great day.

Edited by pbood2

Sorry about the song not working. I just made it public and didn't realize you wouldn't be able to listen if it was private so sorry about that.

I have fixed it and everyone should be able to listen to the song now.

Hope you like it and like I said feedback on whether it's better as a grass town theme or a forest route theme is appreciated. :)

Sorry about the multiple posts today mods. I just wanted to let people know the song is fixed because it wasn't when I first put the link hours ago.

Hello everyone.

A big thank you to the people who visited the thread and voted in the poll because it helps us know what you guys want to see.

We did not receive any feedback, thoughts or suggestions for the song I linked above so we'll just have to try our best to figure where it best fits.

We just wanted to say that TOMORROW the 21st, there will be an update to the main post and to the thread showing a lot of in-game sprites for new trainers and pokemon our development team have come up with. We decided to base the next update on sprites because of the poll results so thank you again for the feedback.

Before the update, let's see if people can guess the 2 new trainer types we have in Episode 1 though. Hint: they are based on a forest and nature theme. First person to guess one of the trainer types right can be an alpha tester and the second person who guesses the other new trainer can be a beta tester if they want to be.

Thanks for the huge support on this ambitious project so far and we hope you like the update we give tomorrow. :) Have a great day/night.

Edited by pbood2

The next update is HERE! I hope you're excited because we are super excited to show you a wide range of our sprites from trainers to new pokemon. :)

We would appreciate any feedback on the the update today.

Thanks and hope you like what we have to show.

By the way, the main post has been completely updated with all currently shown screenshots and information. :D

UPDATE: April 21, 2016

VHYA9do.png

Rvxv89w.pngIKkZELe.png

These are the two versions of Team Darkness female grunts (short-hair and long-hair versions) and the Environmental Grotle and Torterra. Hope you like them.

VxvfbJf.png4JJQZnw.png

Male or Female Main Characters of Pokemon Darkness. This is only one version of each gender. We will be having 3 versions of each gender by the end of Episode 1 development for sure.

0i9TRKG.png VISGCEK.png

This is Mia, the first rival you encounter in Pokemon Darkness. She`s a 22 year old flirty woman who`s also very kind towards the player. You and her will be sure to get into adventure together throughout the story. Her trainer battle sprite was done by Shia just like Rosario's. The overworld was done by my spriters.

9fjYtPJ.png

This is the OW of the multicultural youngster trainer class in Pokemon Darkness. Like the lass above in the last update and the youngster in this one, there will be more multicultural sprites for trainer classes in the future. We hope you guys like this concept.

NEW TRAINER CLASSES FOR EPISODE 1:

pLG8FNa.png

x9KVERr.png

Like I said in yesterday`s post, if you can guess the trainer class for either of these, you have a chance to be an alpha or beta tester for Pokemon Darkness. Next update I will reveal the names of these.

NEW POKEMON IN Pokemon Darkness:

nLXvDID.pngWy9rvDK.pngKX5vupn.pngri2bpBl.png

This is Environmental Poliwhirl and Poliwrath. They were normal Poliwhirl and Poliwrath with a special genetic defect until they decided to move to the desert where a sandstorm came and activated their special gene changing their appearance and allowing them to absorb the sand and rocks from sandstorms.

X4eaEuI.pngIHJslto.pngAJUF57P.pngoAoiXJP.pngLPgpnzf.png3drCw6x.png

Environmental Snorunt are Snorunt with a special gene which fell into a volcano and instead of melting and dying, they came out of the volcano having taken in the lava and mastering the power of fire. Environmental Glalie are evolved Environmental Snorunts which have fully mastered the power of fire and become strong enough to release the lava within so it drips from their body.

ScKoIej.png

Environmental Spiritomb are normal Spiritomb who went too close to an electrical field and so it's souls and body became electrified and electricity crackles around its body.

A6pxEXm.pngZ3nKd38.png51Ny9Zw.png1q5abIY.png

Environmental Grotle are Grotle which live in tundras and changed to adapt to the icy and snowy conditions of the tundra by changing it's trees with icebergs and increasing their body temperature to blazing hot temperatures. Environmental Torterra are evolved Environmental Grotles which have grown their icebergs and adapted an icy volcano which is always active because of the blazing hot temperatures inside its body.

Edited by pbood2

Hello forum stalkers! (or whatever peeps call you AMAZING watchers of our Pokemon Darkness forum post) Today I would love to inform you about how our music development team is doing! Many, MANY scores of music are in the process of being created. (For example: https://soundcloud.com/casim-bahadar/forest-theme-modified) I can't spoil too much, but you should be prepared for some amazing music! :3 Thank you peeps for listening and waiting, and more music will be posted as it is completed! Stay tuned!

Edited by apbuggy

• 2 weeks later...

I have returned from my vacation early due to serious sickness and so I will get together with the development team this weekend and see if any progress was made while I was gone but if not, we will kick progress up a notch to make up for lost time.

Like apbuggy said, music production is going quite well and I'm impressed with the music team for all the music they have done so far and in the future.

Thanks to Zumi of Xenogene, we can now directly show soundcloud music for you guys to listen to and give feedback on which we would appreciate and use to improve our game over time.

Hope you are excited for what's to come and the next update will be coming soon just as a heads up. If you haven't done the poll yet, it is appreciated if you could do it so I know what to include in the updates. :)

Have a great day/night and thanks for all the support so far.

Edited by pbood2

I finally fixed the soundcloud player. Feel free to listen to the song and give feedback and we would appreciate it greatly because we can then improve our game over time. :D

Thanks and have a great day.

Hello wonderful followers of the Pokemon Darkness Fan Game! Whether you are a new follower, or a “veteran” follower, we would love to welcome you! And for you mothers out there, HAPPY MOTHER’S DAY! Anyways, let's jump right into the news!

In the music department, we have a couple new scores! And what are we going to do with them, share the with you! That’s right, (hopefully) later today, we will post some new music for you amazing followers to listen to, share, and criticize. Just don’t be too mean… :/

And that’s not all, we have some new maps in development too! Same with art, and character scripts! We are working hard to produce for you wonderful peeps! Anyways, see you guys next time!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone.

Sorry about the lack of information or updates for 2 weeks.

To start, I am now taking a greater role in my game's production as I should have done earlier on by doing mapping recently as well as the dialogue and plot thinking for the game.

Like apbuggy posted above, we are working on music production frequently and apbuggy is figuring out scripts in his free time to help make Pokémon Darkness even better over time. That will be helpful for Episode 1.5 where special scripts will be needed and you'll see why if you aren't someone who knows Darkness' formula already.

Spriting went a little haywire weeks ago because the sprites we had already made with the exception of Shia's amazing Mia and Rosario trainer sprites (once again thank you Shia) were not the right size being the 160x160 for trainers and 128x128 for pokemon but recently we got that ordeal figured out and now the trainers at least have been resized properly. The spriting team just has a couple more trainer sprites to complete then it's all OW sheets. Wish them good luck.

For mapping, apbuggy is also helping with that and like I said I'm now another mapper so we hope to increase progress on the maps.

Thanks for your patience with this project. We will say a goal release date will be September 30th because the team is ready to go during the summer so we believe we can make it.

Hope you are excited and I hope to be able to give you a proper information update soon. Thanks again and have a great day/night.

• 2 weeks later...

First of all; I'm going to try the challenge; I don't know what the first guy is; I think he's a bird watcher, but the woman is a botanist; because she's carrying a flower and standing in a field I guess...

Personally I don't really know much about the PMD universe, and while I'm not exactly keen on fakemon I do appreciate them when they're done well, but I wonder how a Fire/Ice type pokemon would even work since I'm pretty sure they're mutually exclusive, but I do like how Spiritomb got some love.

I'm thinking that it would be best to not bother you about the story because the game isn't even there yet; even the best premises can turn into a terrible mess if done badly, but I guess we'll see how that goes for you.

So in short; good luck! and I hope to be hearing from you soon about that sweet sweet possibly extremely buggy alpha or beta.

• Upvote 1

Hello Pokemon Darkness is recruiting!

Needed Roles-> Graphics Artist(GFX) & Composer

Please PM me and pbood2 to apply for a composer position!

And contact pbood2 for graphics artist.

Composer Specifications-> Should be able to compose good orchestra music. We are looking for someone who can put a variety of instruments to make well balanced themes.

Thank you everyone!

Edited by JakeLong

Like Jake said, Pokémon Darkness is recruiting a composer and if you are interested in joining our wonderful team of individuals known as Team Darkness, please PM your previous music experience and examples of your work to me and JakeLong specifically and we be sure to get back to you as soon as I can.

We are also looking for GFX artist to help us create wonderful and high quality cutscenes and on-screen images and menus for Pokémon Darkness because we want the best quality going into this game. We want the story, the graphics, the gameplay, etc to be the best it can be! :) If you are interested in joining us in trying to make this happen, please PM your previous work and examples to me only and I'll make sure to respond when I can.

An update will be coming soon so we hope you're excited.

Thanks for the continued support and have a great day/night.

P.S. Cronos you are correct with those guesses so you will be a tester and help us catch bugs in our first version of the game. Thank you for guessing. For the Fire/Ice question, I'm pretty sure as ice is burning, it would be considered ice/fire in pokemon world so that's what we are going with assumption wise. Thanks for appreciating the Spiritomb changes. We are planning a lot of other cool unique concepts with the Environmentals. You will definitely hear from us with that extremely buggy test version in time. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

I should also mention we are still recruiting for GFX artist and composer so if you like what you see, we would be glad to add people who like the game so far and who have skills to do either of the roles or willing to learn. :) Thank you for your interest.

Thanks for your patience and support.

Before I do the update, mind letting us know what about the game you would want to know background and story wise since it was picked in the poll quite a bit. Also the official starters of Pokemon Darkness will be revealed tonight and feel free to make comments about the update and the starters but the team will be balancing the starters so they are all equal as much as possible. :)

EDIT:

June 20, 2016 Pokemon Darkness Update

To begin the update, we are showing the new and improved Team Darkness grunts.

Zk9skZ0.png6PC8Yix.png

These are more than just generic grunts but more like the Dames and Knights of Reborn where you will notice each of these members of Team Darkness have a unique personality. We hope you enjoy getting to know them.

Next up is the Vs Sprites for important characters you will be battling in Episode 1

i4x6IYy.png

Obviously, you can't introduce a rival and not have a battle happen between the player and said rival. That's just not logical. This is Mia as previously announced in other previous updates.

tnbpvH5b.jpg

This mysterious and hidden man will be a pivotal plot character. You will be seeing him quite often throughout North Gaia. He only has one pokemon when you first meet him and you won't be able to see his appearance until a later episode.

vXauqbX.png

This is Rosario's vs sprite when you challenge him for a gym badge. He will be a tough challenge so make sure you prepare because main battles in Darkness will be tougher than other fangames. ;)

z56PaBVb.jpguY4twwl.png

This is a character who will combat the player at a certain point in the episode. He's going to be like a mini-boss so good luck. A better vs sprite is available now so I will update this post with it when imgur stops being difficult.

Last but certainly not least,

JU8DNcn.jpg

The official Starters of Pokemon Darkness as the art shows: Tirtouga, the water/rock type, Joltik, the bug/electric type and Golett, the ghost/ground type. We hope you like this selection because this is all you can pick as a starter for Gaia.

Thanks and we hope you like this update and keep tuned to this thread and game as we progress and reveal more as time goes on. :)

Edited by pbood2

This game looks promissing but heres a tip (cause I didn't see it) your dude in the cloak and the guy in green are all blurry meaning you've saved them as a Jpeg. Jpegs are sinfull in the pixel arting world and if you could fix them that would mean alot of complaints no longer exist from those who will play this game.

other than that this game looks really promising can't wait to see how it turns out.

This game looks promissing but heres a tip (cause I didn't see it) your dude in the cloak and the guy in green are all blurry meaning you've saved them as a Jpeg. Jpegs are sinfull in the pixel arting world and if you could fix them that would mean alot of complaints no longer exist from those who will play this game.

other than that this game looks really promising can't wait to see how it turns out.

I just checked the files I uploaded and have on my computer and they are all PNGs (the green guy and cloak guy dude) because I know what you are saying so I don't understand how it changed if it did. :(

Thanks for the feedback and advice though. I appreciate it. :)

I'll look into it but it might be because of imgur uploading then copy/pasting from the website link with the album.

Hello everyone.

Mini-update right now.

Thanks to Jakelong/Sly for putting us in contact with the Pokebeach Skype Chat because Team Darkness has just added our experienced composer from there and we are thrilled to have him.

He will be doing orchestrated music and we hope to have some music we can showcase for you guys soon in a month or two. Sorry for the wait.

The spriters and Angel because of her shop are making great progress with the vs sprites and OWs so that's going very well. Our mapper has returned from vacation but because of computer issues, we still have to wait a bit for him to get going on mapping but that's in progress as well.

Thanks for your patience and support everyone. Have a great day/night. :D

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone.

Okay so today is a super mini-update again of sorts.

We just wanted to announce the revival/reactivation of the Pokemon Darkness Twitter. Here's the link if you want to follow us for updates and reveals over there. :)

@PokemonXDrkness. We're almost at 100 followers so if we could hit that soon, that would be amazing and a huge show of support and would help motivate us to do our very best on developing an amazing game for you guys.

Main post has been updated with this information as well for any new viewers to the thread.

Have a great day/night and the next update will come once more music and maps are done as a refreshing change.

Thanks as usual for your support. We really appreciate it. :D

Hello everyone.

Team Darkness has an update to provide.

Our scripter and mapper have left the team but I am taking over mapping for the game so we are just looking for an experienced ruby coding language scripter to join the team.

If you are interested, please let us know here on the thread or by PMing me or BlueMoonIceCream.

As a heads up, because of this unfortunate circumstance, the next update won't be for a while because of the lack of scripter so please wish us luck and we appreciate all support. :)

Thanks and have a great day/night.