[Recruiting GFX Artist] [POLL] Pokemon Darkness

pbood2

Pokemon Darkness Updates  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Would you as players not play the game because it had splices even if the development team thought they fit well for the concept of the delta pokemon?

• Yes, having splices is considered lazy and unprofessional for a game to have
    • No, if you believe they fit well for the pokemon concept then I trust the dev team
    • No but maybe try to have a lower amount of splices than original sprites so the whole game isn't overrun by spliced pokemon
    • No but only if I can't tell what pokemon were part of the splices

The development team is finally all together! This means that we'll be able to get episode 1 out faster, even though it's still going to take a while. But guess what? The first gym leaders team is almost done being tested internally! Those of you who offered to beta test are going to have a lot of fun with it. (Although my definition of fun may not be the same as yours. Lol). In other news, a soundtrack for the game is being developed right now, as well as type and learnset changes for multiple pokemon available in the first episode.

The development team is finally all together! This means that we'll be able to get episode 1 out faster, even though it's still going to take a while. But guess what? The first gym leaders team is almost done being tested internally! Those of you who offered to beta test are going to have a lot of fun with it. (Although my definition of fun may not be the same as yours. Lol). In other news, a soundtrack for the game is being developed right now, as well as type and learnset changes for multiple pokemon available in the first episode.

As well as having a new and experienced scripter and coder join the team recently which will help make the MD and Gaia world scripting much more smooth and we can hopefully release a beta for the testers sooner than we could have without the scripter. :D

Also we have a huge variety of sprites being done currently by the spriters and they are looking so amazing especially the environmentals mentioned in the main post of this thread.

Our mapping team has been strengthened by the addition of Florio, the creator of Crimson Skies and we know his involvement will make the game look much better due to his skills. :D We're so glad to have him on board.

The world region map is in development by 2 members, being WSGreen and Micky and it's going well so far.

Other than this, I believe me and Krim covered all recent updates for Darkness and we hope you guys are super excited for the release in the future. Remember to follow the twitter found in the main post @PokemonXDrkness to keep posted on other updates we tweet about. :D Thanks and have a great day/night.

Edited by pbood2

Not really good with introductions, but it might surprise a few of you that I've been a part of this for a while and then hid in the shadows for many reasons. I'm not really an official member and don't consider myself one, but I swing by from time to time to make sure things are all good and well. Generally, my specialty is story and idea making but I know a lot of the basics of Pokemon Essentials. I suppose adviser would be a better title for me, but it's really up to Pbood what I'm considered.

Not really good with introductions, but it might surprise a few of you that I've been a part of this for a while and then hid in the shadows for many reasons. I'm not really an official member and don't consider myself one, but I swing by from time to time to make sure things are all good and well. Generally, my specialty is story and idea making but I know a lot of the basics of Pokemon Essentials. I suppose adviser would be a better title for me, but it's really up to Pbood what I'm considered.

What Commander says is true. Before even doing the recruitment thread, I was asking him for advice on how to begin this whole project and his advice was very valued and helpful. I consider Commander an official member because of this even if he doesn't ;D and I appreciate when he helps me understand things better. I would agree that Commander's title would be adviser and more but he's part of the team either way. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Pokémon Darkness has been going through some development slowdowns in some areas such as mapping due to having to wait for tilesets to be finished but in spriting and music production, the development is going well.

Once my finals are giving me a break on Thursday, I'll update this with more updates but for now, I hope you guys are still excited and hyped for what Darkness will be bringing in the future.

Thanks for your continued interest and have a great night/day. :D

Other members of the Darkness team feel free to post here if you want to say anything while I'm away.

Mods please fuse this with the other post I did earlier

UPDATE: Pokémon Darkness is looking for an experienced Tile Spriter for MD purposes. Please PM me or Micky here and let us know if you are interested in spriting some MD tilesets for Pokémon Darkness. We appreciate any interest.

Thanks and have a great night. :D

I just played Pokemon Dark Rising. It will be an interesting game. Wish you success and can we enjoy it?

Wow. I believe that's a tough game so good job. Pokemon Darkness won't be that caliber of toughness but it will definitely be a challenge for players trust me when I say that. ;D

Thanks for the kind words and encouragement. It's very appreciated by the team and of course you can enjoy it if you want once we do a release in time. :D

Have a great day/night.

UPDATE: Looking for a tile spriter to help make a tileset we can use to start mapping and continue development of the game.

Thanks for showing interest in the game, if you are interested please PM me here and have a great day/night.

Ill just say this project is looking great from where it started!

Wow thanks for the sweet words Jakelong. The team and I are working hard to develop something that everyone will love and we hope we can meet people's standards for sure. Development got a little delayed because of waiting for a tileset and then the person taking it for their own game but we will work on finding or making a good tileset (why we would need a tileset spriter) and then hopefully we can start with mapping the game and move faster in development of Episode 1. World map for Gaia is currently in development by 2 of our team members so hope you guys are excited to see it.

The Pokemon Darkness twitter linked in the main post has released some art for pokemon that are different than in official pokemon games as well as introducing and announcing the starters. We also recently had a Q and A which went well so we are excited for the future of this game.

Thanks for keeping up and being interested/excited about Pokemon Darkness and have a great night/day. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Reborn Community. We hope you are doing well.

Pokemon Darkness is no longer looking for a tile spriter for now but we are looking for a graphics artist who can do Final Fantasy looking graphics such as menus, hp bars, etc or someone who willing to learn how to do these kinds of things.

In addition, we of Pokemon Darkness to ring in the New Year have started a Q and A for the next 2 days ending 11:59 pm est on January 1st on the Darkness twitter linked in main post or http://twitter.com/PokemonXDrkness. We would love to get lots of questions and if you see this and you have twitter, we would appreciate any questions you have and for people to spread the word about the Q and A happening so it can be a successful event.

Thanks and have a great day/night. I'll be back to give more updates on what's happening for the game in a while. :D

• 1 month later...

Hello Reborn.

We are still looking for a graphics artist but we have many updates to share with you.

The New Years Q and A went amazing thanks to devoted supporters of Darkness on Twitter asking lots of questions but soon afterwards, we made the twitter inactive after some excellent advice from other fangame teams and we have been hard at work developing Pokemon Darkness. We are currently working on maps that will be seen in episode 1 so we hope you are excited for that as well as making lots of sprites and music over time.

We are still alive if you were wondering but we have just been super busy and so couldn't update this for a while so sorry about that.

We have had some team changes such as the addition of umbri who we are very excited to have as a mapper currently and coder later on.

Anyways, if you have any questions thus far about the game, I might be able to divulge some hints ;D but we hope you are excited about this project and we hope to match the caliber of well-known games here such as Rejuvenation and of course Reborn. Thanks, have a great night and talk to you later. :D

• 4 weeks later...

Attention Rebornians! Hai~

Also, we need an experienced coder to join the team! Anyone who wants to join message Pbood2.

Also, make sure you're experienced with ruby language. <3

Edited by Honchy

• 4 weeks later...

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to say what the first gym is, buuuuut...

You're right, it's grass.

If you don't want to look at the spoiler, then it's probably best to speculate on who the first gym leader is. And by spoiling it already, I can already assume pbood's going to hunt me down. XD But yeah, it's probably best to wait and see.

• 2 weeks later...

We have just come back from a month long hiatus ready to work and we are in need of a few people before we can properly get on with it.

Okay, so we are still in need of experienced coders for RPGMaker as we only have people who are willing to learn and that's not good enough without any direction, we are also in need of eventers so if anyone would like to help out you can post on the thread or message any of our current team members mainly pbood and myself.

Edited by micky33000000

We have just come back from a month long hiatus ready to work and we are in need of a few people before we can properly get on with it.

Okay, so we are still in need of experienced coders for RPGMaker as we only have people who are willing to learn and that's not good enough without any direction, we are also in need of eventers so if anyone would like to help out you can post on the thread or message any of our current team members mainly pbood and myself.

Yes. Just like Micky said, Pokemon Darkness is back from hiatus and we're back and already going with new ideas and roles for everyone. The team is already moving forward with mapping and music as well as new concepts for new pokemon (not fakemon don't worry)

Like the thread topic tag says, We ARE RECRUITING! Like Micky said we are looking for experienced RPGXP coders and eventers to come join the team and Pokemon Darkness. We appreciate any support and interest you guys have shown us. We will try our very best to make a final game that is excellent and meets expectations with a title like Darkness.

I will be answering any questions you guys here in the Reborn community have about Pokemon Darkness for the next 2 days like a Q and A I guess. I hope to see lots of questions and thanks again. This will end 11:59 pm EST Wednesday.

Have a great day/night and see you later.

There is a lot I could say here, I mean quite a lot, but you just annoucened that you were on a month long hiatus that people, like myself, probably were completely unaware of. I haven't been keeping track of this game, but that feels a bit rude while people are waiting for a game. That's just me though so take that however you want. It'd also be nice to see a pic of progress or a scene in the game to kind of let people know you're making progress. A picture is worth a thousand words.

The biggest point that needs to be clarified is what kind of programmer you need and how much of their time do you need. If it's simply a couple little programs that are too advanced for your team that need done, that's one thing (examples here are important), but it's another if you need them to log a few 100 hours of their life to help make this game function.

There is a lot I could say here, I mean quite a lot, but you just annoucened that you were on a month long hiatus that people, like myself, probably were completely unaware of. I haven't been keeping track of this game, but that feels a bit rude while people are waiting for a game. That's just me though so take that however you want. It'd also be nice to see a pic of progress or a scene in the game to kind of let people know you're making progress. A picture is worth a thousand words.

The biggest point that needs to be clarified is what kind of programmer you need and how much of their time do you need. If it's simply a couple little programs that are too advanced for your team that need done, that's one thing (examples here are important), but it's another if you need them to log a few 100 hours of their life to help make this game function.

Thanks for the post. I appreciate your feedback.

The hiatus kind of just happened in March because of school work and then suddenly I decided to gather my team together to continue progressing this last weekend. I do agree it might have been rude not to mention it here but it seems interest in this has been lost over time so I didn't think I had to say we were going on a hiatus. Thanks for letting me know what I should show and I do agree. We have ingame images currently but they are maps in progress as of this moment.

http://imgur.com/a/5z1N0

The black shirt male holding a pokeball with sweatpants is the male grunts of Team Darkness, one of the evil teams in the game.

Here's Evergreen City, the city of the first Gym Leader Rosario. In addition, I am pleased to reveal the OW for Rosario and multicultural lass OW and part of the first route of the game heading towards a lab building. The maps are in progress but I feel confident in showing the progress we are making over time. :)

From now on, Pokemon Darkness as suggested by Trevore will be doing a Corocoro leak kind of thing but every two weeks on Saturday, I will show more aspects of Darkness. One hint coming in the next leak is the layout for the game's releases. I hope you're excited for everything to come.

Like Commander asked, we will be needing the RPGXP coder and eventer for hours only on the weekend when we hope you are free.

Thanks for your support and we're doing our best so we hope you enjoy when we have a release. :D

Have a great day/night.

EDIT: Updated main post with the images and descriptions.

Edited by pbood2

I just did a complete overhaul to the Main/first post of this thread. I hope you as the community like the new look and format and I look forward to feedback about it.

I added the screenshots above to the first post and added the Team Darkness logo as a bonus while editing the first post so hope you like that too.

Thanks for the continued support and thanks to Xenogene for giving me inspiration and ideas how to improve the first post to look much better.

We hope you guys are excited for what's to come for Pokemon Darkness because me and the whole development team are hyped.