[Recruiting GFX Artist] [POLL] Pokemon Darkness

pbood2

Pokemon Darkness Updates  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Would you as players not play the game because it had splices even if the development team thought they fit well for the concept of the delta pokemon?

• Yes, having splices is considered lazy and unprofessional for a game to have
    • No, if you believe they fit well for the pokemon concept then I trust the dev team
    • No but maybe try to have a lower amount of splices than original sprites so the whole game isn't overrun by spliced pokemon
    • No but only if I can't tell what pokemon were part of the splices

I didnt make the sprites themselves i just added on( i posted a link to the main sprites in the description) but i to do sprites (those fakemon) but i am rlly good and spriting.

Ahh okay. The skateboard and motorbike are really good appearance wise so amazing job for that. Do you mind if I ask if you have any trainer sprites you have done to use as a better reference then we can proceed. If you don't have any, I'll add you to the team and ask you to make one of the sprites that will be in the game and it'll be a test to see your skills if that's okay with you. :D

Thanks for showing interest in Pokemon Darkness though because it is much appreciated.

that's a pretty good sprite and I would like to see your best if you have a sprite showing that easily available. That way I can see what your maximum skill right now is and I'm also wondering that if you can become better, would you be willing to practice, learn and become better over time?

Thanks for showing me your references and sorry about being picky. I trust you are a good spriter but I just want to be sure. :D

Have a great day/night.

that's a pretty good sprite and I would like to see your best if you have a sprite showing that easily available. That way I can see what your maximum skill right now is and I'm also wondering that if you can become better, would you be willing to practice, learn and become better over time?

Thanks for showing me your references and sorry about being picky. I trust you are a good spriter but I just want to be sure. :D

Have a great day/night.

misc_by_wsgreen-d9h2si3.png

these are what i think are my best from right to left, my male main character for the game i was planing on, a admin for a evil team, and the electric e4 member. and srry for the white background, i was in a hurry and forgot to make it transparent.

Edited by WSGreen

Okay so these are awesome so I officially ask if you want to still join the Darkness team now.

It's okay about the white background, you can still easily see them. Just as feedback, the left sprite is a little skinny but the other 2 are really well done in my opinion.

Please PM me and micky33000000 as a single conversation so my team can start knowing each other and me and micky can discuss things with you if possible. :D

What kind of game are you planning to do though?

Thanks and have a great night/day.

Ill be happy to join the team : ). And i was working on a game called Pokemon Tainted Diamond but since it was only me working on it i never got anything done with it.

Welcome aboard then and glad to have such an experienced spriter joining the team. Like I said, please conversation PM me and Micky soon and thanks.

You could have tried to get a team for your game by asking around the reborn community and see if people would be interested in helping you then at least the game can come to fruition more likely. :D

Well at the time i wasnt part of the reborn community so i wasnt able to ask

Noob question: how do i do that?

Ahhh okay but now you are so changing your mind about asking now?

How you do that is you see on the left side of your screen it says signed in as WSGreen. Well below that and notifications it says messenger (# New) you click that and then click compose message and put as recipient's name pbood2 and click my name when it prompts then under other recipients, you type in micky and micky33000000 will appear and you click it then you put the subject and message as usual emails have. Hope this helped you out. :D

My bad, didn't clarify the meaning of "Spriting Ideas". At least from when I was talking about it, I meant assisting with spriting and giving some tips on how the sprites can be improved. Of course, I'd be able to think of how sprites could look if you give me a certain theme, like the Ghost Trainer in my Trainer Card. It's not my best one, but it suits the theme well. (imo)

Anyways, I'll send you a PM later if you still need me.

UPDATE: A Pokemon Darkness Logo is in development right now. I just confirmed and requested my good friend TheTacticalGamer on Youtube and Twitter (does vector and pixel art work and is super good at it) to make the logo and he said he would come up with something amazing so I can't wait

But I just wanted to let people who think the game is just an idea know I'm serious about doing this and I put money into this project now and that just because there is not screenshots yet due to programming/coding and mapping not being done doesn't mean it's just an idea.

I just wanted to say that but thanks for all the interest shown so far on Pokemon Darkness. :D

ALSO: Pokemon Darkness is in need of mappers and tilers especially now. If we don't get any, I'll expand this thread to Relic Castle then and see if I can find some there. :D We have some programmers/coders willing to learn which is awesome, an amazing spriter and people willing to give spriting ideas and lots of beta testers so far. Thanks again to all who joined Team Darkness. ;D

Edited by pbood2

I am joining the dev team :D . I am good with scripting, mapping, and spriting, I would love to be a member and I absolutely adore the concept for this game. :D

Yes yes you are Honch and we are very happy to have you join the development team. :D We would love if you could be a mapper since other than Solarance, we don't have any mappers.

Thanks for the kind words though. It's very kind of you.

Well Skull you'll have to find out when you play the game to know for sure if you're right or not. ;D

Yes yes you are Honch and we are very happy to have you join the development team. :D We would love if you could be a mapper since other than Solarance, we don't have any mappers.

Thanks for the kind words though. It's very kind of you.

Well Skull you'll have to find out when you play the game to know for sure if you're right or not. ;D

Looking forward to playing the game and being part of the team :D

Edited by Skullgasher
  • Upvote 1

Speaking of joining the team, I'd like to announce that I'll be helping out with this as well. As for my part, all I can really say is to expect plenty of difficult battles throughout. ;)

Looking forward to working with you man. There's no way Ame's gonna outdo us in terms of difficulty. (she probably is)

giphy.gif

Yo.

Heya all. Kinda late, but I've joined the dev team as a spriter... or idea giver, to be precise

If I could, though, helping in some of the other areas of the game would be nice. Trainer teams and plot misc stuff would suffice.

But yeah, it's a pleasure to be here :3

Speaking of joining the team, I'd like to announce that I'll be helping out with this as well. As for my part, all I can really say is to expect plenty of difficult battles throughout. ;)

Try not to have too much difficulty but welcome to the team Krim. ;P ;D

giphy.gif

Yo.

Heya all. Kinda late, but I've joined the dev team as a spriter... or idea giver, to be precise

If I could, though, helping in some of the other areas of the game would be nice. Trainer teams and plot misc stuff would suffice.

But yeah, it's a pleasure to be here :3

You can definitely help with other areas of the game such as trainer teams and plot other than spriting.

Thanks for being a part of the development team. We appreciate your great help. :D

Glad to be part of the team. For those of you looking for updates I only have one that I can announce right now. The starters are going to be something you aren't expecting. More to come in the future!

Edited by DragonMasterKrim

Pokemon Darkness NOW HAS A TWITTER which you can follow for game development and updates and some of the team will be tweeting along with me over time. We hope you are hyped as we work on this because we promise it will be amazing.

Team Darkness (that's what we call ourselves) have been working on some amazing sprites for different Pokemon concepts and they are coming along amazingly. If you guys as an exclusive want to see some designs, let me know and I'll see what I can preview to you. ;D

The logo for the game is also done and is looking so amazing and if anyone wants to see if, they would have to go to our twitter which is @PokemonXDrkness but just to see the logo, it's worth checking out the twitter.

We can't wait to show you what we have done and we hope when we do a release in hopefully a couple months, you guys enjoy it. Thanks and have a great day/night. :D

so this is what youve been up to after leaving revolution good luck i would be happy to help in any way i can

Hello nepeta. Glad to see you interested in helping out.

What skills do you have in game making? I have a huge team already but if you have advanced skills, I might be able to fit you into the team. Spots for beta testers are still open so you can definitely be a beta tester if you want.

Thanks again and have a great night. :D