Redemption League RMT

Bazaro

He probably meant to use less Spe EVs since this spread is meant for Lando and all the other similar pokes are slower than it with or without a scarf. If you go far enough to give it Giga Drain, a 112HP EVs are more than enough. You might need to take some from SpA to provide that too.

In my opinion, Serperior is redundant in this team. You should try using Bisharp instead to make use of any intimidate or defog they might use against you.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's not true though when Lando-T won't be seen at all during the League most likely. Actual threats you'd see to Volcarona I could imagine are Rock Polishers, Shell Smashers, and other Scarfers with Rock Slide. Nothing is as fast unboosted as the Scarf Lando-T in the monos that Volc would be able to outplay I don't think. Closest you'd get to Lando-T speed tier and relevancy-wise is likely a Scarf Primeape or Haxorus or Salamence with Rock Slide.

What I'm saying is take each Leader at a time instead of slapping on an irrelevant EV set.

Off the top of my head, +1 M-Sharp has the exact same speed tier, Scarf/Sand Rush Exca and Scarf Hydreigon are below, Lando-T is a point of reference

You're looking way too much into what I'm saying. I'm not saying Lando-T will be a centralizing threat, nor am I saying that you shouldn't change the evs on the fly.

The spread I gave was a general starting point if you're planning to run QD Volc. OP had it at 252 Spe, which is why I brought it up.

Take it to PMs if you have anymore arguments with what I said, it's really not nice to clutter an RMT with trivialities

Lando-T is a point of reference

It's not even a relevant frame of reference when you've given him a set based on checking a "threat" of which there is 0 possibility of seeing. Mega Sharp is a fair enough concern, but that might not even be a possibility either depending on bracket lists which afaik aren't released yet.

You're looking way too much into what I'm saying. I'm not saying Lando-T will be a centralizing threat, nor am I saying that you shouldn't change the evs on the fly.

That's fair enough, I'm sorry if I seemed hostile. What I'm saying is Lando-T isn't a threat at all.

Edited by Fezzdog

Using the suggestions to myself and others, I have revised my team with changes. Let me know what you guys think.

Old Team:

TooManyCharactrs (Feraligatr)
Ability: Sheer Force
- Dragon Dance
- Ice Punch
- Waterfall
- Crunch

Dual Type (Hawlucha)

Ability: Unburden
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Brick Break
- Acrobatics

Nikola (Jolteon)
Ability: Volt Absorb
- Discharge
- Hidden Power [ice]
- Volt Switch
- Shadow Ball

Just As Painful (Roserade)
Ability: Technician
- Hidden Power [Rock]
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Extrasensory

Oliphant (Donphan)
Ability: Sturdy
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Knock Off

EnglishAssignment (Porygon2)
Ability: Trace
- Tri Attack
- Ice Beam
- Thunder Wave
- Recover

From the old team, two mons have been axed and two have been added, as well as a couple of tweaks to various mons. Let us say our goodbyes to Jolteon and Donphan, both of whom I love, but they just didn't do everything I needed. In their places, I have added Rotom-Heat and Scizor. Let's go over the sets.

Revised Team:

- Dragon Dance
- Ice Punch
- Waterfall
- Crunch
This is the standard DD Gatr which ruins lives and punches holes in teams. It can cover 8 different types with super-effective damage using these moves. EVs, Nature, and Item will be changed on a matchly basis.
Dual Type (Hawlucha)
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Drain Punch
- Acrobatics
This is a set up sweeper Hawlucha which can sub up on a lot of switches, then SD before the item activates, whether it be a type gem, type berry, or just a plain Sitrus. From their, Drain Punch and Acrobatics provide excellent dual stab which only Aegi and Electric/Flying types resist, meaning that he should only have major trouble with 4 gyms. Mold Breaker can also be utilized to bypass certain bothersome abilities. Drain Punch was added as I now have a Defogger to remove screens. I won't ever use HJK, however, because I have tried it so many times only to have it cause me to die when I needed it the most. Drain Punch is far more reliable and I'll stick to it.
350° (Rotom-Heat)
Ability: Levitate
- Thunderbolt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Overheat
- Trick
Upon suggestion, Jolteon was replaced for this. It's a little strange of a set for sure. Thunderbolt is used over discharge so I don't kill/cripple my teammates. Overheat is the only decent Fire move it even gets, so there's that. Wisp is there to cripple any non-guts attackers and Trick is to wound stall or punish setting up. It can also be used to give something like a Toxic Orb or Lagging Tail on a switch. Trick's utility will definitely depend on the match and the item held.
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Extrasensory
Roserade is my go-to special sweeper with strong moves to hit around the board. HP Rock was changed to Fire to better deal with the likes of Steel types and specifically Scizor. Giga Drain for reliable recovery and Grass STAB, Sludge Bomb to hit Fairies, fellow Grass types, and any other non-Steel/Poison/Rock/Ghost/Ground type very hard, Extrasensory to deal with other Poison types and Fighting types. This set will typically be used offensively, although if I feel it needs it, I can utilize AV and Natural Cure to tank quite a few hits. Other than that, LO is a very good item on Roserade.
Running With (Scizor)
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Defog
- Roost
Since Ody suggested that leaders would likely have spin blockers, I decided to grab a defogger instead. At the suggestion of Fezz and Sync, I also wanted to add priority since it was quite a glaring weakness. So I scrolled down the thread a bit more and decided to pick up Scizor. This is the defensive Scizor set, but I can potentially change the EVs and item to be offensive if the need be. U-Turn is great for momentum (in singles) and BP is there for Priority. Defog is obviously there for the hazards which Donphan would have spun away. Roost is just for recovery. The unofrtuneate thing about this is I end up with no hazards, which is fine for doubles and triples, but it is a little annoying for singles with things like Volcarona and Multiscale Dragonite existing.
EnglishAssignment (Porygon2) @ Eviolite
- Tri-Attack
- Shadow Ball
- Thunder Wave
- Recover

Basically a tank in nearly every sense of the word, Pory2 can tank hits, T-Wave things, Recover off damage, and then dish out damage with coverage moves. I currently running Tri-Attack and Shadow Ball, but I am also toying around with the notion of Ice Beam and T-bolt, although I'm not sure which move to get rid of since Tri-Attack and Shadow Ball give nearly unresisted coverage.

Any comments/criticism are welcome.

Using the suggestions to myself and others, I have revised my team with changes. Let me know what you guys think.

Old Team:

- Dragon Dance

- Ice Punch

- Waterfall

- Crunch

Dual Type (Hawlucha)

- Substitute

- Swords Dance

- Brick Break

- Acrobatics

Nikola (Jolteon)

Ability: Volt Absorb

- Discharge

- Hidden Power [ice]

- Volt Switch

- Shadow Ball

- Hidden Power [Rock]

- Giga Drain

- Sludge Bomb

- Extrasensory

Oliphant (Donphan)

- Earthquake

- Stealth Rock

- Rapid Spin

- Knock Off

EnglishAssignment (Porygon2)

- Tri Attack

- Ice Beam

- Thunder Wave

- Recover

From the old team, two mons have been axed and two have been added, as well as a couple of tweaks to various mons. Let us say our goodbyes to Jolteon and Donphan, both of whom I love, but they just didn't do everything I needed. In their places, I have added Rotom-Heat and Scizor. Let's go over the sets.

Revised Team:

- Dragon Dance
- Ice Punch
- Waterfall
- Crunch
This is the standard DD Gatr which ruins lives and punches holes in teams. It can cover 8 different types with super-effective damage using these moves. EVs, Nature, and Item will be changed on a matchly basis.
Dual Type (Hawlucha)
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Drain Punch
- Acrobatics
This is a set up sweeper Hawlucha which can sub up on a lot of switches, then SD before the item activates, whether it be a type gem, type berry, or just a plain Sitrus. From their, Drain Punch and Acrobatics provide excellent dual stab which only Aegi and Electric/Flying types resist, meaning that he should only have major trouble with 4 gyms. Mold Breaker can also be utilized to bypass certain bothersome abilities. Drain Punch was added as I now have a Defogger to remove screens. I won't ever use HJK, however, because I have tried it so many times only to have it cause me to die when I needed it the most. Drain Punch is far more reliable and I'll stick to it.
350° (Rotom-Heat)
- Thunderbolt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Overheat
- Trick
Upon suggestion, Jolteon was replaced for this. It's a little strange of a set for sure. Thunderbolt is used over discharge so I don't kill/cripple my teammates. Overheat is the only decent Fire move it even gets, so there's that. Wisp is there to cripple any non-guts attackers and Trick is to wound stall or punish setting up. It can also be used to give something like a Toxic Orb or Lagging Tail on a switch. Trick's utility will definitely depend on the match and the item held.
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Extrasensory
Roserade is my go-to special sweeper with strong moves to hit around the board. HP Rock was changed to Fire to better deal with the likes of Steel types and specifically Scizor. Giga Drain for reliable recovery and Grass STAB, Sludge Bomb to hit Fairies, fellow Grass types, and any other non-Steel/Poison/Rock/Ghost/Ground type very hard, Extrasensory to deal with other Poison types and Fighting types. This set will typically be used offensively, although if I feel it needs it, I can utilize AV and Natural Cure to tank quite a few hits. Other than that, LO is a very good item on Roserade.
Running With (Scizor)
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Defog
- Roost
Since Ody suggested that leaders would likely have spin blockers, I decided to grab a defogger instead. At the suggestion of Fezz and Sync, I also wanted to add priority since it was quite a glaring weakness. So I scrolled down the thread a bit more and decided to pick up Scizor. This is the defensive Scizor set, but I can potentially change the EVs and item to be offensive if the need be. U-Turn is great for momentum (in singles) and BP is there for Priority. Defog is obviously there for the hazards which Donphan would have spun away. Roost is just for recovery. The unofrtuneate thing about this is I end up with no hazards, which is fine for doubles and triples, but it is a little annoying for singles with things like Volcarona and Multiscale Dragonite existing.
EnglishAssignment (Porygon2) @ Eviolite
- Tri-Attack
- Shadow Ball
- Thunder Wave
- Recover

Basically a tank in nearly every sense of the word, Pory2 can tank hits, T-Wave things, Recover off damage, and then dish out damage with coverage moves. I currently running Tri-Attack and Shadow Ball, but I am also toying around with the notion of Ice Beam and T-bolt, although I'm not sure which move to get rid of since Tri-Attack and Shadow Ball give nearly unresisted coverage.

Any comments/criticism are welcome.

Definitely, drop Tri Attack/Shadow Ball for T-Bolt/Ice Beam on P2. That coverage will benefit you more in the long run. Remember that we cant change our moves lol, so you want the best coverage you can get. As much as you might hate me for suggesting this, I also think that you should drop Gatr and pick up Azumaril. Its a better pokemon overall and its a fairy type which you'll probably need(You look pretty weak to Fighting). Not to mention it has sweeping potential like Gatr. Reason Im suggesting this is becuse you need powerful priority. I can see the fire gym giving you some trouble without any. Great thing about Azu is that you have many items you can run on it and it'll still be a great pokemon. You can go AV, Belly Drum+Sitrus, CB (these are just the best items). I think Belly Drum would work the best for you tho imo. With Aqua Jet/PR/Knock Off. Tho, its up to you for what moves you want. Are you sure you dont want Volt switch over Tbolt on Rotom-H? I think it would help you a bit more.

While Hawlucha is a great pokemon choice, its pretty frail, and won't always be able to sweep as easily as you think, not gonna tell you to drop it. But it wouldnt hurt looking into another Fighting type(like maybe scarf heracross) or another pokemon in general to help your team more. Me personally, would switch to Talon, but I know how people feel about it... Anyways make sure you take one more good look at your team and make sure you like it in all formats :] Also try to work hazards into your team somewhere.

I hope I didnt come off as trying to take control of the team, this is just how is give my constructive critisim, I hope I helped you.

Edited by Milotic

Feraligatr and Azumaril can both work as competent sweepers. It mainly depends on what you really need. In this tourney, in which you'll face mono-teams, you might want the better coverage Feraligatr provides. Azumarill is not there to take hits, and once your Sitrus is gone, it can no longer use the belly drum either. (edit: use it as effectively when over 50%, use it at all when at 49% or below)

It holds however two advantages over Feraligatr. The first, and more suited for OU, is the sweeping ability, once it gets drummed up. Don't know if you'll find it when playing against mono. What I believe the situation will be, is that it can devastate some types, while being a burden against others. The second advantage is that it can use the same move-set with different items, thus still holding a surprize factor.

Choose whichever suits you more.

If you feel threatened by Fighting attacks (even if you have 2 resistances), you can try changing Hawlucha with Staraptor, which has intimidate, can work both offensive and defensive, can learn Close Combat, and can utilize u-turn. It loses the fighting resist, but can deal better as a fast physical tank.

Welp back at it again (after deciding that Monotype and some coutners wouldn't work for this) I've been thinking on some pokemon I really liked, I'm still not sold on this whole team yet

Aerodactyl @ Focus Sash

Ability: Pressure
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Taunt
Aegislash @ Leftovers
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- King's Shield
- Shadow Sneak
- Iron Head
Snorlax @ Chesto Berry
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 156 HP / 252 Def / 100 SpD
Serious Nature
- Stockpile
- Belly Drum
- Crunch
- Fire Punch
Magmortar @ Life Orb
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Heat Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Focus Blast
Slowbro @ Eviolite
Ability: Oblivious
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Slack Off
- Thunder Wave
- Psyshock
Sawsbuck @ Life Orb
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 252 Atk / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Horn Leech
- Jump Kick
- Retaliate

A little team I put together with a little (okay, a lot) help from a friend. I can't imagine it being too useful, but do tell what I might need. Thank you, in advance.

Sylveon

- Hyper Voice

- Shadow Ball

- Psyshock

- Hidden Power [Ground]

Rotom-Wash

- Discharge

- Hydro Pump

- Will-O-Wisp

- Volt Switch

Metagross

- Bullet Punch

- Zen Headbutt

- Earthquake

- Protect

Conkeldurr

- Drain Punch

- Mach Punch

- Knock Off

- Bulk Up

Typhlosion

- Heat Wave

- Earthquake

- Hidden Power [Grass]

- Protect

Mamoswine

- Ice Shard

- Earthquake

- Icicle Crash

- Protect

I'm somewhat okay with switching out a few Pokémon, but I'll never use Greninja, Talonflame, or Aegislash. Just thought I'd say.

Edited by InnocentBoy

guys and gals... i have decided to do this shit! yay.

here be my team: (its only in importable form because im too lazy to to provide a desc of what these mons do :/

Typical Ubermon (Aegislash) (M) @ Leftovers

Ability: Stance Change
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 60 HP / 180 Atk / 116 Def / 152 SpD
Adamant Nature
- King's Shield
- Toxic
- Iron Head
- Brick Break
Not Vinny (Weavile) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 180 Atk / 76 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Aerial Ace
- Icicle Crash
- X-Scissor
- Knock Off
TSM (Exploud) (M) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 40 HP / 128 Def / 252 SpA / 88 SpD
Modest Nature
- Boomburst
- Blizzard
- Focus Blast
- Surf
Clarice (Breloom) (F) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 60 HP / 188 Atk / 152 Def / 108 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Facade
- Superpower
- Seed Bomb
- Protect
Rockbolt (Arcanine) (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Justified
EVs: 156 Atk / 100 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Close Combat
- Heat Wave
- Dragon Pulse
- Extreme Speed
Dresmilda (Alakazam) (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 84 Def / 172 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Psychic
- Energy Ball

i know its not the best. but before i do any major changes, i need a second opinion on it :P
thanks guys :D

So, I made changes to my team.

Starmie

- Hydro Pump

- Ice Beam

- Thunderbolt

- Rapid Spin

Unchanged from last time.

Volcarona

- Heat Wave

- Bug Buzz

- Giga Drain

- Quiver Dance

I really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really would rather not have the risk of heat wave missing, but apparently Fezzdog thinks the extra damage and ability to hit multiple targets is worth it. In my experience, it wasn't.

Togekiss

- Air Slash

- Dazzling Gleam

- Thunder Wave

- Follow Me

Unchanged.

Tyranitar

- Earthquake

- Rock Slide

- Ice Punch

- Crunch

Replaced Krook. I guess this is a good set? I'm not too sure.

Aegislash

- Shadow Sneak

- Iron Head

- King's Shield

- Wide Guard

My Doublade evolved! I still feel dirty for using this. Not sure if I should keep King's Shield though.

Conkeldurr

- Drain Punch

- Mach Punch

- Rock Slide

- Ice Punch

I know Fezzdog suggested I use Scizor, but I wanted something else. And well... Conkeldurr is pretty much the only decent physical attacking 'mon that would fit with my team, as far as I know. Not really sure about this thing's moveset.

For Volcarona, why not Fiery Dance instead of Heat Wave? Same power, but a 50-50 shot at a Special Attack boost as well.

I edited my team after realizing how Sticky Web can be used against me, be it through Trick Room or Gyro Ball. Also swapped some moves around.

Spr_4p_282_s.pngSpr_4h_059_s.pngSpr_5b_205_s.pngSpr_5b_474_s.pngSpr_5b_134.pngSpr_4h_149.png

Grace (Gardevoir) (F) @ Choice Scarf (Was Galvantula)
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Moonblast (Considering Dazzling Gleam for doubles)
- Focus Blast
- Psychic
Replacement special attacker for Gavantula.
Archer (Arcanine) @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Crunch
- Wild Charge
- Close Combat
Ironside (Forretress) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Rapid Spin
- Gyro Ball
- Toxic
- Volt Switch
Error 404 (Porygon-Z) @ Life Orb
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 80 HP / 252 SpA / 176 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nasty Plot
- Dark Pulse (Was Ice Beam)
- Tri Attack
- Thunderbolt
Trying to get perfect neutral coverage on him. Any holes?
Nereid (Vaporeon) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 204 HP / 248 Def / 56 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Wish
- Scald
- Protect
- Heal Bell
Glory (Dragonite) @ Lum Berry (Was Banded)
Ability: Multiscale
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Dragon Dance (Was Extreme Speed)
- Iron Head
- Earthquake

Edit #3, as follows:

Gardevoir: Moonblast > Dazzling Gleam

Arcanine: Crunch > Extreme Speed

Vaporeon: Protect > Icy Wind

Edited by Drymus

I have modified my team slightly after realizing that entry hazards were less relevant than I thought. Any concerns?

Louis XIV (Chandelure) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Shadow Ball
- Energy Ball
- Trick
Lenin (Greninja) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Torrent
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Ice Beam
- Grass Knot
- Mat Block
Napoleon (Garchomp) (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Dragon Claw
- Protect (Was Stealth Rock)
Metternich (Talonflame) (M) @ Sky Plate (Was Galvantula)
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Tailwind
- Taunt
Elizabeth I (Sylveon) (F) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Shadow Ball
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Ground]
Rome (Magnezone) @ Air Balloon (Was Scizor)
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 Def
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Thunder Wave
- Protect

I've changed my team a bit.

Chaos Emerald (Starmie) @ Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Psychic

Blade Runner (Scizor) (M) @ Focus Sash
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- X-Scissor

- Wing Attack

Solaris (Garchomp) (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Rush
- Earthquake
- Fire Fang
- Poison Jab

Toad's Revenge (Breloom) (M) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Mach Punch
- Power-Up Punch
- Spore

- Seed Bomb

Flappy Bird (Togekiss) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Air Slash
- Thunder Wave
- Nasty Plot
- Fire Blast

Hal O' Ween (Gengar) (M) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb

Slowbro

- Scald
- Slack Off
- Toxic
- Psyshock
Garchomp
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
Amoonguss
- Giga Drain
- Spore
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Sludge Bomb
Sylveon
- Hyper Voice
- Wish
- Heal Bell
- Protect
Tyranitar
- Rock Slide
- Pursuit
- Crunch
- Superpower
Gyarados
- Substitute
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Bounce

My team feels very singles oriented. Oh well, I can make do in Triples/Doubles probably :3

Slowbro

- Scald
- Slack Off
- Toxic
- Psyshock
Garchomp
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
Amoonguss
- Giga Drain
- Spore
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Sludge Bomb
Sylveon
- Hyper Voice
- Wish
- Heal Bell
- Protect
Tyranitar
- Rock Slide
- Pursuit
- Crunch
- Superpower
Gyarados
- Substitute
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Bounce

My team feels very singles oriented. Oh well, I can make do in Triples/Doubles probably :3

General consensus is that Stealth Rock and hazards in general won't be that great in this league. It will only deal decent(25%) damage to 4 types, provided they don't play a lot of neutralizing dual-typing. Also, these matches probably won't have a lot of switching in them. I'm sure if I didn't say this, someone else would.

I can't post my direct team right now because I can't copy it from my phone.

Delphox

Ferrothorn

Aegislash

Garchomp

Starmie

Need another Pokemon for the final slot. Also not sure on Starmie, most as a rock remover. Was thinking about a Fairy type who can work well in teams since that is likely where my team is lacking. Or a Poison type who can inflict status easily.

Edited by Generalguy64

Regarding Stealth Rocks or any form of damaging entry hazard, I'd also like to point out they have quite a couple good nice roles, such as chipping down certain bulky Pokemon into KO range and also one particularly good niche I've found in using Rocks/Spikes was that since Leaders can change their teams around, they can pack counters to your team, sometimes in the form of a frail sweeper.

Point made: Rocks/Spikes are great for Sash/Sturdy breaking, which may be more useful than you'd think.

Volt Turn and status are eqaully good for breaking sashes and sturdy, however, and hazards are mostly useless in 2/3 of the formats that will be played in the league. Not saying hazards are bad, but they shouldn't be the focal point of your team. I'd suggest having hazard control (although be wary of Defiant and Competative and Spin Blockers), but having hazards of your own won't be terribly useful.

After days of testing various teams I decided that I want to challenge the league with my favorites rather than the strongest pokemon. So I decided to pick one beloved pokemon from each generation and I came up with the team bellow:

Lapras @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 100 SpA / 152 SpD
Modest Nature
- Freeze-Dry
- Heal Bell
- Ice Shard
- Surf

I know that Walrein is waaaay better than Lapras and does everything better, but I wanted to give a shot to one of the pokemon I felt in love with the 1st sight.
The EVs are not standard and they will constantly swich, but most of the times it will be bulky. I gave it Heal Bell instead of giving it to Sylveon cause I wanted Helping Hand for doubles and triples. Ice Shard for some priority other than Sucker Punch in my team. Too bad that Lapras doesn't get Scald :(. Generally I'm not really sure about this moveset and I want some recomendations
Typhlosion @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Eruption
- Heat Wave
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Wild Charge

The main special attacker of the team. Most of the times it will be choiced, but this can change anytime. Eruption is the best move on Typhlosion and is going to hurt a lot! I chose Heat Wave for the double battles, but Eruption still hits both opponents so it might change to Fire Blast or Flamethrower (the later synergises better with Zoroark's Illusion). HP Grass is for that annoying Water/Ground mons. Wild Charge is for other Water types that have better special bulk than physical and for any Gyarados that might pop up. I still consider Focus Blast as an option.
Mawile @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Stealth Rock

Mawile without its Mega is not that good but I really like its typing. Sheer Force and Life Orb gives a good damage output and negates the recoil when I use my STAB moves. Sucker Punch is a really good priority move that helps Mawile's poor speed. I put Stealth Rock on it cause I wanted at least one kind of hazzard. Before that I was using Rock Slide but I found hazzards more useful. Ability, item and EVs are going to change in case I want to Intimidate some threats and/or want tank some hits that no other of my team can't.
Gallade @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
Adamant Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Drain Punch
- Leaf Blade
- Ice Punch

Another bulky physical attacker. Usally I love to set up with SD but after building a fighting mono thinking that redemption league was a monoteam challenge, I came up with this set. Maybe not the best Gallade can do, but I wanted to be creative since I challenge for the fun.
Zoroark @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Illusion
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Knock Off
- Dark Pulse
- Flamethrower
- Trick

I can write all day for how much I love using Zoroark. Even if the leaders know my movesets they still don't know what pokemon is out! Trick and Knock Off might seem contradicting but I love messing with the items. Second Scarf might seems weird on the team, but neither of them is going to be scarfed all the time.
Sylveon @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Wish
- Protect
- Helping Hand

Sylveon was my least favorite eeveelution until I built my 1st OU team and wanted a special defensive pokemon. The set is pretty much the same I was using in OU except I had Heal Bell over Helping Hand. Someone might wonder why to waste a turn to boost my 2nd mon's attack rather than hit all the opponents with a powerful Pixilated Hyper Voice? The answer is I don't know but Helping Hand boosted Eruption sound really broken to me :P

I'm not good at this, but I'll still give you my thoughts

_ Wild Charge + Eruption is a bit weird imo

_ Your team is a bit iffy against Poison, since they can have EQ/Earth Power to deal with Mawile. And then, the Poison spam begins.

_ There's always stuff like Scarf Chomp and Scarf/Sand Rush Exca to ruin your day with EQ spam, seeing as you don't have anything to tank it, beside Lapras, which can't do much against them anyway. You can always set Sylve to be a physical tank, but there's always Poison Jab/Iron Head. Intimidate isn't enough

_ How about setup sweepers in singles ? Once your Zoroark is out, you don't have much to deal with them, physical or special.

Hello everyone! I'll post my team here so you can rate it. I'd really like to see a variety of opinions here because I'm planning to use some of my favorites. :) So...

Espeon

-Light Screen

-Reflect

-Psyshock

-Hidden Power Electric

Serperior

-Leaf Storm

-Giga Drain

-Hidden Power Fire

-Dragon Pulse

Florges

-Toxic

-Synthesis

-Dazzling Gleam

-Psychic

Milotic

-Ice Beam

-Surf

-Mirror Coat

-Recover

Metagross

-Agility

-Earthquake

-Meteor Mash

-Zen Headbutt

Nidoking

-Ice Beam

-Earth Power

-Sludge Wave

-Stealth Rock

General consensus is that Stealth Rock and hazards in general won't be that great in this league. It will only deal decent(25%) damage to 4 types, provided they don't play a lot of neutralizing dual-typing. Also, these matches probably won't have a lot of switching in them. I'm sure if I didn't say this, someone else would.

It really depends on the teams whether stealth rock is good or not. Double you won't switch out so much unless a pokemon is vital later on. There's hardly a point as a Pokemon switched in is likely to die anyways or come close. Triples...it can be seen, but you'll be lucky if the match lasts more than 8 turns. Not a lot of time to win. If you have a lot of tank mons who will force switching, stealth rock is to your advantage, but don't rely on it...because Magic Bounce.

Hazard sweeping moves like Rapid Spin might not be as useful as Defog. Defog Lowers the opponents Evasion which is useful for those low accuracy moves like Hurricane. It really just grinds down to leader preference as any or all leaders could use them.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Mar_Mar, not a bad team, but Dark types will give you trouble. I'd also recommend running heal bell on Florges just in case Metagross gets burned, but it's not needed.