Redemption League RMT

Bazaro

Since nobody's started rating stuff, I'll get the ball rolling

Also, you guys should totally abuse Aegislash and Greninja. There's a reason why we kicked them out of OU. They're your best bet against people who have an inherent advantage over you.

jGlEICy.gif6yIievs.gif2bB5gyo.gifS1DFPiG.gifeKzm6U0.gifvVtpQoT.gif

The thing that stands out the most in this team is the lack of hazard control, which is especially important considering Talonflame is one of the only mons in your team that has an offensive presence. Something you could do to alleviate this issue is to run Reflect Type Starmie > Slowking. Slowking typically really shines in stall teams, abusing a regenerator core, and balanced teams can't really afford to shoulder Slowking because you're already compressing so many roles into each pokemon.

RSSAZV0.gif

Starmie @ Leftovers

Ability: Natural Cure

Evs: 252 HP / 6 SpD / 252 Spe

Timid Nature

- Reflect Type

- Recover

- Scald

- Rapid Spin

Reflect type lets Starmie avoid being pursuit-trapped by Sharp/T-Tar, and is overall just a really useful move to use against anything that has a nice typing to steal. Everything else is standard, Scald lets you fish for burns, recover for well, recovery, and so on. Overall a nicer alternative to Slowking, especially with your prime defoggers getting banned.

Something else I noticed is that you don't really have a reliable answer to Stall either. Heal Bell is great and all, but the opponent can easily stall it out since you only have 8 uses. And while Starmie does alleviate the weakness by a bit, it really helps if you have a dedicated stallbreaker in the team. Hence, I recommend running CM Magic Guard Clefable > Cosmic Power Clefable

ZyRErXy.gif

Clefable @ Leftovers

Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Thunder Wave
Unlike Cosmic Power, Calm Mind steadily makes you more and more powerful, and makes you an actual threat vs whatever passive thing Cosmic Power is supposed to do. And without stuff like Heatran running around, it becomes even harder to stop once you get the ball rolling. Heal Bell isn't necessary anymore because you can just send in Clefable to absorb any status, freeing up a movepool for another support move. I chose thunder wave in this case because your team really enjoys speed control. Everything else is standard
That should be enough to cover all the main issues with your team. I don't want to completely deconstruct your team, so I'll stop here. Feel free to hit me up if you have any questions. Good luck with the league!
Edit: Shit, is the league in doubles/triples format? If so, ignore this post. It was written with singles in mind
Edited by Synchronoise

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, I decided it might help if my noobish team got a review. It's based off of my original UU team, but with some edits to fit in with the rules.

Spr_5b_596.pngSpr_4h_059_s.pngSpr_5b_205_s.pngSpr_5b_474_s.pngSpr_5b_134.pngSpr_4h_149.png

Sticky Tack (Galvantula) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Compound Eyes
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sticky Web
- Thunder
- Bug Buzz
- Thunder Wave
Galvantula is my suicide lead. Sticky web is his main goal in life, with parahax and Special Attack being a nice bonus. Focus sash usually lets it hang around long enough to do its job. Thunder's accuracy is 91 with compound eyes, so that will be the default ability.
Argos (Arcanine) @ Life Orb
Ability: Flash Fire
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Crunch
- Wild Charge
- Close Combat
My all-out physical attacker. Usually runs Flash Fire so it can switch in for Forretress or Gavantula in several cases, but Intimidate is nice, too.
Ironside (Forretress) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Rapid Spin
- Volt Switch
- Toxic
My slow pivot and hazard control.
Error 404 (Porygon-Z) @ Life Orb
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 80 HP / 252 SpA / 176 Spe
Modest Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Ice Beam
- Tri Attack
- Thunderbolt
All-out special attacker. If something is affected by sticky web, Porygon can usually outspeed it. Adaptability is the usual ability, as it makes Tri-Attack a powerful move to use for neutral damage. Considering swapping T-Bolt for Dark Pulse.
Nereid (Vaporeon) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 204 HP / 248 Def / 56 SpD
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Scald
- Protect
- Heal Bell
Cleric of the team, deals with status and may give Arcanine and Porygon another shot.
Glory (Dragonite) @ Choice Band
Ability: Multiscale
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Extreme Speed
- Iron Head
- Earthquake
Added Dragonite to replace the slot Mega-Absol left. Another physical attacker.
Edited by Drymus

Hal O' Ween (Gengar) (M) @ Assault Vest

Ability: Levitate

Timid Nature

- Dark Pulse

- Dazzling Gleam

- Shadow Ball

- Sludge Bomb

I probably put more effort into the nicknames than the team but nevertheless.

hmmm, Idk about AV Gengar bro lol, Its not really a good item for such a frail poke. I'd go Sash/Life orb if anything, or hell you could go Sub Lefties with Wisp/Taunt. Dazzaling Gleam and Dark pulse won't help as much as you think. Psychic wouldnt be so bad either, The Fighting type gym would have a hard time handling it. Also put rapid spin on Starmie, Rotom-H is weak to rocks, the AV wont come in handy if its taking 25% everytime it comes in. I would even advise another pokemon like AV Goodra, just becuse it does the job way better, but its up to you

The motto of this team is "throw stuff together and never make improvements". It currently sits at a respectable 1401 in the Doubles OU ladder. I'm kinda... too lazy to start tinkering it, so I'll leave that to you guys!

You gotta get rocks on here somewhere brah, I'd go Rocks on Chomp/Aero, and get rid of lefties on Aero they wont help much.

Sir Bagel's team is pretty crisp, just change up the abilities on Azu and Excadrill

Here is my team.. It sucks in my opinion.

Galvantula @ Focus Sash

Timid Nature
- Sticky Web
- Thunder
- Bug Buzz
- Energy Ball
Dragonite @ Life Orb
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake
- Extreme Speed
Slowbro @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 76 Def / 4 SpA / 176 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Shadow Ball
- Substitute
- Psyshock
Serperior @ Assault Vest
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 12 HP / 4 Atk / 240 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Substitute
- Knock Off
- Dragon Pulse
Volcarona @ Expert Belt
Ability: Flame Body
Modest Nature
- Bug Buzz
- Fiery Dance
- Protect
- Quiver Dance
Diggersby @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Quick Attack
- Return
- Wild Charge
- Earthquake

LO Multiscale Dnite is bad with each other, just run the regular DD set, with Lum or weakness policy? Protect isnt very useful on Volc, the extra coverage is needed on Volc, unless you are running the bulky set. So get rid of E-belt and Protect, and put Lum/Life Orb/ Or resist berry(Varying on the gym) with Giga Drain or Roost. Cant run AV Serp, with Substitute bro, just run HP Fire. Change up Sub Slowbro, Slowbro is too slow to set up a sub, and Shadow ball wont help as much. You would do better with Thunder wave and Slack Off.

Wow everyone is running Starmie and Garchomp, there are sooo many lol

Edited by Milotic

So, i'll post my team here, and i'd like some help to improve it i guess.

FUNGUY (Amoonguss) mWqEOVY.gif: Spore

HP Fire

Giga Drain

Sludge Bomb

SWAGSIRE (Quagsire) 3AqDxMM.gif: Scald

EQ

Toxic

Recover

I CAN FLY (Talonflame) wj2cg1O.gif: Tailwind

Brave Bird

Flare Blitz

Roost

FRAUG (Greninja) 6esQcmc.gif: Gunk Shot

Ice Beam

Dark Pulse

Scald (no Hydro Miss, no Surf killing my own team)

EXCAKILL (Excadrill) pMQpc21.gif: Rapid Spin

EQ

Iron Head

Rock Slide

Y U NO UMBREON (Sylveon) 4sznGg4.gif: Hyper Voice

Wish

Protect

HP Electric

This team is mostly built around singles and doubles, with Talonflame's Tailwind + Exca/Sylve aoe spam in doubles, and the normal stuff for singles. I need SWAGSIRE for physical threats + physical setup sweepers. Amoonguss is there for the Spore and for taking hits with Regenerator. Greninja is always nice for singles and it can help double-teaming a threat in doubles. I know that it's not perfect, but it's the 1st team that i've ever built all on my own, so it gives me some sentimental values.

Edited by biboo195

Right well here's mine. I'll take whatever critiques I can get.

jolteon.pngferaligatr.pngroserade-female.pnghawlucha.pngdonphan.pngporygon2.png

You know better than me that it's a great singles team. And I guess it could work well in doubles too. Some things:

-I love Discharge, you love Discharge, we're the children of Reborn and spam Discharge in these field effects, but as Fezz also mentioned, Gatr and Hawlucha hate Discharge. If you insist on using it on Jolteon, and if you know or you guess that your opponent will go Doubles, don't Choice her. If you are to go into triples, preferably don't choice her either. In doubles she can spam Specs'd Discharge next to Donphan, P2, ...Roserade resists it and has a passable special bulk, but if you paralyze Fern's First Lady, she's done for.

Same goes for triples, but it's trickier. Sometimes, Jolteon will be fine playing on a wing with one of its good partners at center, and center Pokemon in triples have to take a lot of pressure. But if Jolteon has to be center to hit all three opponents, that means that both Gatr and Hawlucha must come off the bench. But there's also a thing called Wide Guard and will make things really awkward. It will stop Discharge from hitting your opponent, it will make you have to rely on VSwitch, and in multibattles that means getting out of the field and bringing another pokemon that may get hit on the same round, or that may not be optimal to be in the field at that moment but you just were forced to zap with VSwitch because Discharge was blocked by WG.

I'm not telling you "keep DC" or "put TBolt" or "slash VSwitch", I'm just noting some stuff for you to think.

-Fern's First Lady will be almost absent against steel, I think. HP Rock gets it the widest possible SE coverage, I get it, but I think HP Fire is the way to go. Heatran won't be there (bar champion) and I think that the rewards of Fire are bigger. Fire and Flying types will have to deal with your Stab Sludgebomb at least.

-I have a thing: in Singles I'm a proSpin guy. I want MY hazards where they are. That said I think that for this format Defog is the superior options: a) you can use it against the Ghost leader ( a great tactic for Ghost monos against Spin teams is singles, stacking Spikes with Frosslass and TSpikes with Cofagrigus and spamming Hex (or Venoshock) to sweep. Also Defog is great for multibattles: it helps you hit that Stone Miss or Hydro Miss or Focus Miss. And... Defog removes opponent screens. Also pretty good in multibattles. I have no Deffoger to suggest over Donphan, it's just some more food for thought. Damn Gen5 axing Defog and making Defog Poison Heal Gliscor illegal. Damnit damnit damnit. Defog followup to the next point.

-If you manage to stick a Defogger on the team over Donphan, you can also give Hawlucha Drain Punch over Brick Break. Same power, vastly different utility. And since you lack priority, helping Hawlucha to stay healthy longer is good. Also, just noting that right now Hawlucha has real trouble with Aegislash (and Rotom, and Rotom-Fan, Emolga, Zapdos, Thundurus, you get it).

-P2 also has trouble attacking Steel types and more. You will need the most coverage you can get, so perhaps you should ditch one of the two utility slots for something like Tbolt, or Shadow Ball.

In general, I think you may face problems with gyms that have good means of speed control, like TR or Tailwind (or pehaps Swift Swim, if they can dispose Jolteon and Rosa in time)

All right, feel free to tell me what could be concerning to this team and/or how it could be improved:

Louis XIV (Chandelure) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
Modest Nature
- Flamethrower
- Shadow Ball
- Energy Ball
- Trick
Lenin (Greninja) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Ice Beam
- Grass Knot
- Mat Block
Napoleon (Garchomp) (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Rough Skin
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Rock Slide
Pankhurst (Sylveon) (F) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Shadow Ball
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Ground]
Luther (Galvantula) (M) @ Focus Sash
Timid Nature
- Sticky Web
- Thunder
- Bug Buzz
- Energy Ball
Calvin (Scizor) (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Pursuit

So, i'll post my team here, and i'd like some help to improve it i guess.

FUNGUY (Amoonguss) mWqEOVY.gif: Spore

HP Fire

Giga Drain

Sludge Bomb

SWAGSIRE (Quagsire) 3AqDxMM.gif: Scald

EQ

Toxic

Recover

I CAN FLY (Talonflame) wj2cg1O.gif: Tailwind

Brave Bird

Flare Blitz

Roost

FRAUG (Greninja) 6esQcmc.gif: Gunk Shot

Ice Beam

Dark Pulse

Scald (no Hydro Miss, no Surf killing my own team)

EXCAKILL (Excadrill) pMQpc21.gif: Rapid Spin

EQ

Iron Head

Rock Slide

Y U NO UMBREON (Sylveon) 4sznGg4.gif: Hyper Voice

Wish

Protect

HP Electric

This team is mostly built around singles and doubles, with Talonflame's Tailwind + Exca/Sylve aoe spam in doubles, and the normal stuff for singles. I need SWAGSIRE for physical threats + physical setup sweepers. Amoonguss is there for the Spore and for taking hits with Regenerator. Greninja is always nice for singles and it can help double-teaming a threat in doubles. I know that it's not perfect, but it's the 1st team that i've ever built all on my own, so it gives me some sentimental values.

Surf still might be a viable option on greninja, you have protect on one of your members, water absorb on another and amoong which can take water attacks, having surf would really up your triples game

Here is my team.. It sucks in my opinion.

galvantula.pngdragonite.pngslowbro.pngserperior.pngvolcarona.pngdiggersby.png

So, I decided it might help if my noobish team got a review. It's based off of my original UU team, but with some edits to fit in with the rules.

Spr_5b_596.pngSpr_4h_059_s.pngSpr_5b_205_s.pngSpr_5b_474_s.pngSpr_5b_134.pngSpr_4h_149.png

All right, feel free to tell me what could be concerning to this team and/or how it could be improved:

chandelure.pnggreninja.pnggarchomp-female.pngscizor-female.pngsylveon.pngSpr_5b_596.png

Drymus, Raymond and the artist formerly known as Deal with it :P (Solarance)

You all three run Sticky Webs. I haven't gone deep in each one of your teams, I'll just write some things about the Webs, feel free to process them and apply them on how your team should work. In short, don't put all your chips on them giving you the edge. I'm just trying to note some of the situations where they won't be as effective so you can plan ahead, especially in multibattles.

-Damaging entry hazards are not really good in Doubles or Triples. Unless your opponent has Talonflame/Charizard/Volcarona/Yanmega/other x4 rocks damage victim. These battles barely have any switches, so the damage won't stack up. In the case of Sticky Web, only the 4 or 3 Pokemon that will hit the field later will get the speed drop.

-This means that your opponent's leads won't have any speed drops.

-Which is bad, because one thing you may find in multibattles is gimmicky cooperation strategies like using Beat Up on an ally with Justified to raise their attack to +6 (say, Primemape+Lucario), or Skill Swaping to remove bad abilities from otherwise OP mons (say, Ambipom to Slaking) or just setting up stuff (screens? TR? Tailwind? attack-boosting moves?) while one of your members uses an attack that does nothing to thwart them.

-Other than that: Trick Room teams will LUV your Webs. Defiant/Competitive and Contrary abusers will love them too. The flying leader and all other flying or levitating or air balooney things won't get slowed down. Tailwind fixes the drops temporarily. Same, with more duration, for weather abusers (Swift Swimmers, Chlorophyll, Sand Rushers). Priority users are still gonna priority, allthough you will outspeed them in the priority bracket after the drop IF you run priority.

-Even in singles, I don't really like Galvantula as a Sashed lead. I'd prefer it as a fast LO pivot that can come in after a teammate goes down or after a slow pivoting, plant the webs, or pivot out with VSwitch or nuke stuff with LO Thunder/Bug Buzz. And it's propably best reserved for after the opposing hazard remover has been worn down, to put even more pressure late-game. And with LO, Thunder is gonna hurt even more.

Again, I'm not saying "webs are bad, axe them". I just think that this format may not be beneficial to webs and tried to note as many instances where the playstyle might have trouble. Process these scenarios, think about how your team should work against these cases, change anything you may need to change in the team and find ways to overcome the obstacles. In general, don't rely solely on the Webs, know when they may not really help and adapt accordingly :)

Also feel free to paste the icons into your original posts to make them easier at a glance :)

Lilith (Delphox) (F) @ Power Herb

Ability: Magician

Timid Nature

- Solar Beam

- Psyshock

- Fire Blast

- Shadow Ball

Melanie (Gardevoir) @ Leftovers

Ability: Synchronize

EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD

Modest Nature

- Calm Mind

- Moonblast

- Shadow Ball

- Psychic

Soldier (Forretress) @ Occa Berry

EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 192 Def / 60 SpD

Relaxed Nature

- Stealth Rock

- Rapid Spin

- Toxic Spikes

- Gyro Ball

Magikarp (Gyarados) @ Persim Berry

Ability: Intimidate

Adamant Nature

- Aqua Tail

- Dragon Dance

- Earthquake

- Outrage

Shenanigans (Klefki) @ Light Clay

Ability: Prankster

EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD

Bold Nature

- Light Screen

- Reflect

- Thunder Wave

- Foul Play

Wes (Umbreon) (M) @ Leftovers

Ability: Synchronize

EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD

Calm Nature

- Heal Bell

- Foul Play

- Wish

- Baton Pass

Not really sure if I want to keep Umbreon, but I do kind of like this team. I know they probably aren't particularly good, but I'm trying to keep Delphox and Gardevoir just because I love those two.

And just a general question: Is Volcarona considered Legendary? Or is it a Pseudo, like Tyranitar & Dragonite?

Edited by Generalguy64

Drymus, Raymond and the artist formerly known as Deal with it :P (Solarance)

You all three run Sticky Webs. I haven't gone deep in each one of your teams, I'll just write some things about the Webs, feel free to process them and apply them on how your team should work. In short, don't put all your chips on them giving you the edge. I'm just trying to note some of the situations where they won't be as effective so you can plan ahead, especially in multibattles.

-Damaging entry hazards are not really good in Doubles or Triples. Unless your opponent has Talonflame/Charizard/Volcarona/Yanmega/other x4 rocks damage victim. These battles barely have any switches, so the damage won't stack up. In the case of Sticky Web, only the 4 or 3 Pokemon that will hit the field later will get the speed drop.

-This means that your opponent's leads won't have any speed drops.

-Which is bad, because one thing you may find in multibattles is gimmicky cooperation strategies like using Beat Up on an ally with Justified to raise their attack to +6 (say, Primemape+Lucario), or Skill Swaping to remove bad abilities from otherwise OP mons (say, Ambipom to Slaking) or just setting up stuff (screens? TR? Tailwind? attack-boosting moves?) while one of your members uses an attack that does nothing to thwart them.

-Other than that: Trick Room teams will LUV your Webs. Defiant/Competitive and Contrary abusers will love them too. The flying leader and all other flying or levitating or air balooney things won't get slowed down. Tailwind fixes the drops temporarily. Same, with more duration, for weather abusers (Swift Swimmers, Chlorophyll, Sand Rushers). Priority users are still gonna priority, allthough you will outspeed them in the priority bracket after the drop IF you run priority.

-Even in singles, I don't really like Galvantula as a Sashed lead. I'd prefer it as a fast LO pivot that can come in after a teammate goes down or after a slow pivoting, plant the webs, or pivot out with VSwitch or nuke stuff with LO Thunder/Bug Buzz. And it's propably best reserved for after the opposing hazard remover has been worn down, to put even more pressure late-game. And with LO, Thunder is gonna hurt even more.

Again, I'm not saying "webs are bad, axe them". I just think that this format may not be beneficial to webs and tried to note as many instances where the playstyle might have trouble. Process these scenarios, think about how your team should work against these cases, change anything you may need to change in the team and find ways to overcome the obstacles. In general, don't rely solely on the Webs, know when they may not really help and adapt accordingly :)

Also feel free to paste the icons into your original posts to make them easier at a glance :)

I'm just going to pop in and say I completely agree on entry hazards. You should do thorough research on speeds based on types to see if a certain hazard would really be beneficial. Sticky Webs is really only good against a handful of mons (Dragons specifically) so running them may or may not be useful depending on your strategy. Sticky Webs doesn't make or break a team though, in fact it's really only good for the just not fast enough mons.

And now I get into entry hazards. TBH, I find stealth rock more or less worthless. Never had I had a battle where stealth rock screwed me over hard (sometimes it would Sash Nape, but Nape could still put in work). In fact, I sometimes tease my opponent that they would've won if they hadn't used the move in the first place. Now if there were a lot of tanks weak to stealth rock, this would be a different story, but chip damage really varies across the board. IMO, don't waste your time setting up hazards when going on the offensive would have better results. It's one of those things to consider whether or not you need a certain attack (some teams do need stealth rock though).

Alright. Kinda need some input on this. Im feeling confident, but im still kinda insecure about it. And yes, I know I use too many Steel types

Aegislash HP/Sp. Att

Weakness Policy

Kings Shield

Shadow Ball

Shadow Sneak

Flash Cannon

Ferrothorn Def/HP

Iron Barbs/Rocky Helmet

Gyro Ball

Leech Seed

Protect

Curse

Garchomp HP/Att

Rough Skin/Rocky Helmet

Stealth Rocks

Swords Dance

Dragon Claw

Earthquake

Sylveon HP/Sp. Att

Choice Specs

Hyper Voice

Psyshock

HP Fire

Baton Pass

Snorlax HP/SP. Def

Lefties

Return

Curse

Rest

Sleep Talk

Scizor HP/ Att

Life Orb

Bullet Punch

Knock Off

Bug Bit

Swords Dance

I edited my team after realizing how Sticky Web can be used against me, be it through Trick Room or Gyro Ball. Also swapped some moves around.

Spr_4p_282_s.pngSpr_4h_059_s.pngSpr_5b_205_s.pngSpr_5b_474_s.pngSpr_5b_134.pngSpr_4h_149.png

Grace (Gardevoir) (F) @ Choice Scarf (Was Galvantula)
Ability: Trace
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Moonblast (Considering Dazzling Gleam for doubles)
- Focus Blast
- Psychic
Replacement special attacker for Gavantula.
Archer (Arcanine) @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Crunch
- Wild Charge
- Close Combat
Ironside (Forretress) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Gyro Ball
- Toxic
- Volt Switch
Error 404 (Porygon-Z) @ Life Orb
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 80 HP / 252 SpA / 176 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nasty Plot
- Dark Pulse (Was Ice Beam)
- Tri Attack
- Thunderbolt
Trying to get perfect neutral coverage on him. Any holes?
Nereid (Vaporeon) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 204 HP / 248 Def / 56 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Wish
- Scald
- Protect
- Heal Bell
Glory (Dragonite) @ Lum Berry (Was Banded)
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Dragon Dance (Was Extreme Speed)
- Iron Head
- Earthquake

8Us8HEy.gifxuV18Bx.gifDMY4u2j.gifgP7QAyd.gifNUynzKy.gifQyyMHLL.gif

Something I noticed right off the bat was that you have absolutely nothing that you can do to Scizor. You could opt to HP Fire > HP Rock on what I imagine is techniRose, but I feel as though you'd benefit much more from running Contrary Serperior > Roserade

TI8Q08z.gif

Serperior @ Life Orb

Ability: Contrary
IVs: 29 HP
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power Fire
- Giga Drain
Serperior gives you a way to break stall, while still nailing Scizor on the switch. And without Heatran/M-Char, Serperior has so much less to worry about when you're spamming Leaf Storm. Everything else is standard.
Another thing I noticed is that you lack a hard check to Talonflame, which nobody really appreciates having to tank. Something you can do to alleviate this issue is by running Rotom-Heat > Jolteon
AcewDj3.gif
Rotom-Heat @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Overheat
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Thunder Wave

This provides a secondary Scizor/Ferro check, while also absorbing burns and paras that your team particularly dislikes. Thunder Wave is the status of choice, letting Feraligatr and Serperior/Roserade set up much more easily, but Will-O-Wisp is also there for whatever physical attackers you want to cripple. It also provides the ability to wall Natural Gift Talonflame

Outside that, some minor changes I'd suggest would be to run High Jump kick > Brick Break on Hawlucha. Hawlucha only gets one chance to sweep with unburden, the extra damage is worth much more than avoiding that 10% chance to hit yourself with recoil

Aside from that, I'd also recommend running Ice Shard > Knock Off on Donphan. Your team lacks priority of any sort, and this lets Donphan chip off any weakened opponents without having to spend Sturdy.

That's all I have, good luck with the league!

here my team

FlameMaster(Infernape)(M)@Charcoal

Abillity:Blaze

EV:44Hp/24Attack/140Defense/20SpA/140SPD/140Speed

Jolly Nature

Fire Punch

FlameThower

Bulk Up

Calm Mind

Volcarona(M)@Heatrock

Abillity:FlameBody

EV:Hp28/Defense120/SpA120/SpD120/Speed120

Fiery Dance

Sunny Day

Solarbeam

Signalbeam

going to edit for more pokemon eventilly

Edited by Infernape88

@Generalguy64
Since you like the team so much I'm just going to give you some concerns I'd have with a team like this. I feel like half of this team is a bit too Singles-stall based for optimal use in League. I don't think you'll see too many Singles matches with a team like this and battles don't last long enough in Triples for Wish to really do much (along with Forretress). 0 priority is another thing, but that's not important at all in a team like this. Lots of overlap in coverage as well is another concern, but it's less important if you want to chip away at them. Chipping away at a team isn't effective in Triples though, and that's my biggest issue with running this in League.
If you're adamant on running this team, I'd at least replace Fire Blast on Delphox with Heat Wave for the spread in Doubles/Triples.

@KingKlay
You're not going to get any farther than the Fire Leader with a team like that; Drought Heat Wave spam rips right through your team and you have 0 things to deal with it outside of the Garchomp (who still likely won't live through it). Your team is also incredibly slow outside of Garchomp.

I edited my team after realizing how Sticky Web can be used against me, be it through Trick Room or Gyro Ball. Also swapped some moves around.
Spr_4p_282_s.pngSpr_4h_059_s.pngSpr_5b_205_s.pngSpr_5b_474_s.pngSpr_5b_134.pngSpr_4h_149.png

Loving how much coverage you have in this team. Concerns I can see is you have 0 priority on a team with middling speed and you have no disruption. I really think Icy Wind would be great on Vaporeon to help with speed control. Extremespeed is also an option on Arcanine if you want to take it maybe; I don't think it's all that necessary though. Dragonite does get Tailwind if you want to go down that route, but he's your sweeper so I wouldn't recommend it.

I'm not sure where you got the idea that Gyro Ball might be a problem, TR is the real threat I think. Taunt on Gardevoir is a possible option for taking down TR if you want to try that, but I think that's eh.

I'd normally say Spread > Single target stuff for League but that -1 SpA on Moonblast could really help. It could also backfire, but I don't think Defiant/Competitive/Contrary have good enough distribution for you to worry about it. On the other hand you're lacking spread outside of EQ, so I really think either way has its merits.

I feel like Forretress does less for the team than everybody else but I couldn't recommend anything to replace it tbh. I think Excadrill maybe could work for that Rock Slide spread, but then you miss out on that Volt Switch momentum in Singles and Dragonite's EQ hits it hard as well. Less bulky is another thing too.

Edited by Fezzdog

Umm... I wanted to have something that I can switch into so Krookodile doesn't get slaughtered by fighting or fairy moves. Doublade just so happens to be a good option for this.

You'd have 3 Fairy resists in Volcarona, Doublade and Skarmory. Volcarona resists Fighting, Doublade is immune and Skarmory basically deals with most Fighting types too. In this state, your team has nothing to worry about in terms of Fairy/Fighting is what I'm saying.

So... Here's my team right now(doesn't match my trainer card because I'm lazy):

My biggest concern is you have nothing to switch into Talonflame with. Krook is your only check after the SD and that's after lots of defensive EV investment. If you feel like you can outplay it then go for it because I'm not quite sure what to stick in to deal with it. General go-to's for me are Rotom-W, Rotom-H or Tyranitar, but I don't think they fit on your team very well. I'd maybe say replace the Krook with the T-tar, but I'm not sure whether you'd be a fan of that considering how common he is.

You might want to consider Rock Slide>Stone Edge for the spread flinch chance, but Stone Edge is fine with a team like this I feel. Heat Wave > Flamethrower on Volcarona again for the spread though (plus it does more damage).

I think you really need to be careful of Rock Sliders even with that Krookodile Intimidate around when you're running a Volcarona and a Togekiss together. Triples Discharge spam.tp also worries me. If you're looking for a bulky redirecter I think Rage Powder Amoonguss would suit this team more typing-wise. You do miss out on the Paraflinch but you get access to Spore instead.

I think you could possibly think about Scizor > Skarmory. Both get access to similar coverage, and Tailwind and Defog if you really want it but Scizor provides you with priority which your team is lacking right now. Scizor is definitely going to have an easier time sweeping than that SD Skarm too.

Aegislash is usable in League, not sure why you're running Doublade over it. If you do plan on running Scizor though, I'd maybe think about replacing this. The only thing you're missing out on is Ghost coverage (which your Dark type and possibly Knock Off on Scizor deals with anyways) and Fighting coverage. Aegislash and Doublade do give you access to Wide Guard, but it doesn't look like you're taking advantage of it.

tl;dr what I'd think about doing with this team

Heat Wave > Flamethrower on Volcarona

Replace Krook with T-tar to deal with Talonflame more effectively

Maybe Rock Slide > Stone Edge but it's whatever

Maybe replace Togekiss with Amoonguss, but I think Togekiss has its merits in this team too

Replace Skarm with Scizor

Replace Doublade with Aegislash unless you're running Scizor, then maybe put something else here entirely. Aegi/Doublade do give access to Wide Guard though which is nice.

-----------------------------------------

@Generalguy64

If you're talking to me then I don't really have any suggestions besides replacing Umbreon and Forretress with more useful stuff with more type coverage. I don't think those two have enough going for them in a team like yours where you'll likely be seeing more Doubles/Triples especially when Gardevoir and Delphox have coverage overlap.

Edited by Fezzdog

Alright. Kinda need some input on this. Im feeling confident, but im still kinda insecure about it. And yes, I know I use too many Steel types

Aegislash HP/Sp. Att

Weakness Policy

Kings Shield

Shadow Ball

Shadow Sneak

Flash Cannon

Ferrothorn Def/HP

Iron Barbs/Rocky Helmet

Gyro Ball

Leech Seed

Protect

Curse

Garchomp HP/Att

Rough Skin/Rocky Helmet

Stealth Rocks

Swords Dance

Dragon Claw

Earthquake

Sylveon HP/Sp. Att

Choice Specs

Hyper Voice

Psyshock

HP Fire

Baton Pass

Snorlax HP/SP. Def

Lefties

Return

Curse

Rest

Sleep Talk

Scizor HP/ Att

Life Orb

Bullet Punch

Knock Off

Bug Bit

Swords Dance

Since then I have replaced Ferrothorn with Slowbro and Sylveon with Gardevoir in order to implement a trick room team

I just didn't want to use Ubers, or the other really common Pokemon, like Smogonbird. It just felt really cheap. Hence Doublade over Aegislash. Also, I kind of added SD Skarm after someone else on Showdown suggested replacing another 'mon with it. In hindsight, I should probably not have listened to them and stuck with what I was going to use before that.

Should probably have mentioned all that before.

...Oh yeah. I kinda forgot Heat Wave was a thing.

I'll be sure to make adjustments to my team based off your advice. Thanks.

Edit: If anyone has any suggestions for what to replace Skarmory with, please let me know.

When you remove megas and legendaries, you end up having an incredibly limited pool of good fire types to pull from.

Honestly speaking, you shouldn't feel cheap for using Slash either. You're expected to be able to have a team that functions efficiently on both Singles and Doubles, and the additional limits on the moves make it impossibly difficult to build a build a team that works well on both formats. Meanwhile the gym leaders get to tailor their team to their format. Having one mon, say Slash that trivialises the singles format gives you way more room to focus on a team more suited for doubles, and vice-versa

And just so this post isn't a waste, I'll rate

ayv55w5.gifVXeCj6P.gifJRDT2Og.gifs0PYriL.gifBPQ9T2T.gifiUJQRmS.gif

There are two things that stand out immediately when looking at the team. The first is the inherent lack of hazard removal, especially with Dragonite wanting to keep multiscale and Volcarona not wanting to switch into rocks. The second is the team's inability to deal with fairies. Running Defog Scizor > Sticky Web Galvantula is able to solve both these problems.

IO7k2g8.gif

Scizor @ Leftovers

Ability: Technician

EVs: 248 HP / 164 Def / 96 SpD

Impish Nature

- U-turn

- Bullet Punch

- Defog

- Roost

The team itself doesn't really need Sticky Web control, since the mons are already naturally fast, or have ways to augment their speed. Or they're slow af and webs don't help. Scizor fills in the two niches that you need, the ability to reliably clear rocks while providing the ability to dealing with fairies. The EVs were optimized for the current OU meta, so you can alter it to fit whatever the hell you need to check, but as it stands it acts as a M-Scizor lite, surviving three hits from M-Garde's Hyper Voice/Weavile's Knock Off/M-Meta's Hammer Arm. The moves are straight-forward, U-turn for pivoting, Roost for recovery, something something.

Aside from that, something you should consider is running standard CB Dragonite > LO Dragonite, because multiscale is a bit counter-productive when run with LO

Consider running Slack Off > Substitute, because recovery is really important for Bro to wall

Substitute on Serp doesn't really work when you slap an Assault Vest on him, so it might be better to either run Hidden Power Fire > Substitute or change the item.

For Volcarona, consider changing the EV spread to 72 HP / 252 SpA / 184 Spe, since this allows Volc to outspeed up to Scarfed Lando-T at +1 Spe while giving you a bit more bulk.

Edited by Synchronoise

For Volcarona, consider changing the EV spread to 72 HP / 252 SpA / 184 Spe, since this allows Volc to outspeed up to Scarfed Lando-T at +1 Spe while giving you a bit more bulk.

You're not going to be facing Lando-T, only the Champion gets ONE legendary and I don't see it being Lando-T when the Ubers are accessible. Even in that case, EV spreads are changeable between leaders, so researching speed tiers and damage calcs within the monotypes as opposed to tiers would make more sense. Same with AV Serp, but I'm not too big a fan of AV Serp in general tbh.

Absolutely agree with the Scizor pick-up and LO Drag being counter-intuitive though.

I'd also maybe consider Heat Wave > Fiery Dance for the spread, but that +1 chance is nice too.

Edited by Fezzdog

You're not going to be facing Lando-T, only the Champion gets ONE legendary and I don't see it being Lando-T when the Ubers are accessible. Even in that case, EV spreads are changeable between leaders, so researching speed tiers and damage calcs within the monotypes as opposed to tiers would make more sense. Same with AV Serp, but I'm not too big a fan of AV Serp in general tbh.

Absolutely agree with the Scizor pick-up and LO Drag being counter-intuitive though.

I'd also maybe consider Heat Wave > Fiery Dance for the spread, but that +1 chance is nice too.

Lando-T was a comparison, hence why I mentioned "Up to"

That's the absolute maximum speed that you need to stay relevant, hence why I suggested the change in the ev spread in the first place. 252 is overkill when you already outspeed more or less everything at that benchmark

That's the absolute maximum speed that you need to stay relevant, hence why I suggested the change in the ev spread in the first place.

That's not true though when Lando-T won't be seen at all during the League most likely. Actual threats you'd see to Volcarona I could imagine are Rock Polishers, Shell Smashers, and other Scarfers with Rock Slide. Nothing is as fast unboosted as the Scarf Lando-T in the monos that Volc would be able to outplay I don't think. Closest you'd get to Lando-T speed tier and relevancy-wise is likely a Scarf Primeape or Haxorus or Salamence with Rock Slide.

What I'm saying is take each Leader at a time instead of slapping on an irrelevant EV set.

Edited by Fezzdog