Ymora Academy Chapter 1: Bonds [IC]

Chim

Johnny and Ignizelka had just received their Room Key, which was coded to Room 041, and headed out of the main building, only to be greeted with a small gathering directly ahead of them. The two of them then headed into the small group of five; two humans, an Abra, a Froakie, and a Gastly; and Johnny introduced himself, even though he was a bit shy.

"um... h-hi. Who are you guys? M-my name's Johnny."

While he was introducing himself somewhat timidly, Ignizelka introduced herself to the other Pokemon in a much more confident manner, making a small yip.

Edited by K_H

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mie and Citrine

"Yeah, I meant room number and well...that's a coincidence," spoke Citrine. The odds of finding the right person that quickly were almost night impossible. She gave a grin to the Skitty teasing it how everything has been turning out fine so far. "Guess that makes us roomies then. So roomie, got a name? Or would you rather me keep calling you roomie instead? Doesn't bother me either way."

Meanwhile little Rosie was looking at the Vulpix. For a moment, she mistook it for a different Vulpix back home, but the this one wasn't as big as the one she was used to let alone it was a girl. She figured it was just as friendly and waved her paw at the fox. Maybe it wouldn't also try to eat all of her food, unlike a certain glutton at home. Citrine, on the other hand, had completely missed the Vulpix focused on the girl's strange hair color. It's not everyday you see a silver haired girl, let alone one that is your roommate.

Wolt & Claude

'This is going to be worse then I thought. Hopefully he's just bad at first impressions' Wolt thought to himself annoyed. Though his face didn't show it, only a black expression was seen by anyone. He grabbed his key and looked at his number just to make sure it was the right number. Sure enough it was,

"Yea, looks like we are." Wolt said confirming the guy's question with a somewhat happy tone and a small smile. He decided to give the man the benefit of the doubt. Maybe he isn't as bad as he assumes. Inigo just starred off looking at the campus, he was more interested about looking around the place. More specifically finding the battle field since he'd be going there a lot the next year. "Hey I'm going to go to the dorm to drop off my luggage, you can come with if you want."

Aliah, Sim and Johnny

"um... h-hi. Who are you guys? M-my name's Johnny."

"Hey Johnny, I'm Sim and the abra is Vansih. So...uh what's up?" What's up Sim scolded himself, that's the best he could do.Johnny was easy to talk to at least, he seemed incredibly nervous. Sim reached around in his pockets absentmindedly. Brushing against his ID and room number Sim remembered something he planned on asking earlier.

"By the way, what rooms are you guys in, I'm curious who I'm going to spend so much time with. Give me a second I'll check mine." Sim reached around in his sweater until he came across his room number. "I'm number 25 it seems"

Mie and Citrine

"Roomie?" Mie was completely surprised at how forward this girl was. She wondered why she called her rookie until she realized that she likely had the same room number. One could call this kind of thing the perfect coincidence. It was kind of scary, both the coincidence and the forward nature of her roommate.

The flustered girl responded. "M-My name is Mie Tachibana and this is Kagari." She pointed to the Vulpix on her shoulder who gave a happy growl in response. "I-It's nice to meet you."

Maya and James

"Maya," Mayanna responded simply, lowering Folie but not letting go quite yet. She passed a quick glance at the absol by the boy's side, then at the trainer himself... "Well, I can at least see why He picked these two... an absol is certainly bigger than most things I've seen running around inside here" "Right, well... I have a roommate to meet and things to unpack. so I guess I'll be seeing you."

Without waiting for a response, she turned on her heels and started heading off for the front doors, practically dragging Folie behind her in her wake, paying no heed to the cries of protest and slight indignation the panda offered. Folie eventually gave up and just gazed over at the absol as his almost-opponent grew smaller and smaller... and lifted one single palm, cloaked in the same vibrant, rainbow light as before, before mashing the mit into his other, smirking as he ground an imaginary substance into dust with the tiny hands...

They would have their battle, someday...He knew not when, or where, but he knew they would. He had to- the challenge had been issued... and it had been accepted. It didn't matter how pissed his trainer might be right now- none of that changed anything.

"Spinda-Spiiiiiiinda!" He called out smugly, waving with one arm in the now all-too-familiar Sayonara Gesture towards the Dark Type.

Following a brief meeting with the Gastly boy before he ran off to get his room assignment, Arthur just kinda stood around awkwardly for a moment. He could hardly go back the group where he previously had been due to the circumstances of his leaving and the Gastly boy had simply had to go without giving too much thought about the matter. In plain, Arthur was in a pickle. There was little left to do except perhaps attempt to track down his room to be able to regroup his thoughts. All that he accomplished, however, was promptly getting lost in the crowd.

"Gosh dang it," Arthur politely cursed to himself. "Out of all things to have, why do I have to have an absolutely trashy sense of direction?" Determined to work his way through it, Arthur continued walking, attempting to navigate his way through the clumps of people gathering. Monica's desire to see everyone and everything that was happening certainly wasn't helping the matter.

Mie and Citrine

Citrine's eyes moved from the girl to her Vulpix and stood there in a daze. Something within her caused her to take a few steps back before she shook her head to snap back to reality. "Sorry about that. I get a little dizzy without my caffeine. Anyways, I'm Citrine Baldwin and my little partner in crime here is Rosie." The little Skitty glared at her trainer. If it weren't for her real master's orders, she would never have cooperated with a girl like that. The Skitty turned back and gave a joyful smile. She loved having a Vulpix for a roomie. It was almost like back at home.

Citrine knew the girl was nervous, but she wasn't quite sure what to say to her next. "So...do you come from far away? I'm from the Orre Region, but you probably haven't heard of it. Not very many people from there get to go to this school...or that's what my bro told me. Can never tell when he's trying to make a fool out of me."

Drake

After getting to the room, Drake did what she always did when arriving to her home. Instantly found the most comfortable chair and cast off her shoes. She leaned back and lounged. She was going to relax a bit while she got Whisper to relax. What better atmosphere for that then her also relaxing? That was her thought process at the least. She wanted the little pup to have a quiet space to regain her composure before she did anything else. The poor pup... Whisper did clam down considerably upon realizing they were in a place all alone.

"That's right little one, you're safe here. Just relax." Drake said in a cheery voice. Whisper sat sprawled out in her lap as she stroked her beautiful ember orange fur. It had dark black accents like all Growlithe's did. The little pup panted and it's tail started to wag in excitement, a clear sign she was becoming more calm. Emberly pet the little dog all over but made sure to hit her favorite spot, right behind her ears, every once and awhile. "Who's a good girl? You are Whisper. You did a good job not being scared today. You didn't even light anybody on fire!" Emberly said while stroked her ears. Whisper whimpered a bit in a very cute manner, her way of answering.

"We have roommates apparently... I wonder who mine is? Hopefully she gets here soon I'd love to meet her." Drake mused in her mind. She really did wonder who it could be, it could be anyone after all. She figured the girl would come by to drop off her stuff before going out and doing anything so being here she would definitely meet her at some point. For now she just played with Whisper as she waited, trying to relieve the little pup's stress as much as she could before setting out again. "I wonder... where will we go little Whisper? There's so much on the campus... we could have all kinds of adventure. You do like adventures right Whisper?"

Whisper barked once happily in reply. It seemed more like a quiet yelp than a bark, but Drake knew what it was. The shy dog just didn't tend to bark very loudly. Anyone but Drake might misinterpret the little pup's cry from something other than agreement or excitement.

Adeline, Drake

Upon White's departure, Adeline thought to herself. That girl's got her agenda set in stone doesn't she? No fun at all. Take life by the balls, girl. She then turned back to Drake and smiled at Whisper, hoping that the Growlithe might come to trust her at some point. However, Drake was already off to get registered and Adeline was left waving at Drake as she walked away. She sighed and began to walk outside of the hall and towards the Girls' Dorm. A quick scan of her key revealed to Adeline that her room was 018. "First floor, really?" Adeline grumbled miserably. "This place better be cooler than the treehouse back home if they've got me stuck by the ground. Lame." Lost in her thought, Adeline had completely forgotten the main reason she wanted to get outside. She looked around at all the trainers with their partner Pokémon and suddenly remembered that she'd kept Ellie inside her Pokéball for so long. "Oh shoot, I can't believe I forgot already." Adeline began scrambling to find Ellie's Pokéball, digging through her pocket to find it. Finally, her hand emerged from the slit in her jeans with the Pokéball. But Adeline wasn't so secure with her grip and the ball fell to the ground below. The impact with the ground triggered the release, and in a flash of light, Ellie had appeared.

The Tropius looked down at her trainer in disappointment and rolled her eyes. Adeline looked up at her towering partner pitifully. "I'm sorry girl, I know that you don't like it in there, but you're just too big to release in such a crowded area. I know you're a gentle giant, but it would just be a giant commotion. You understand, right?"

Ellie rolled her eyes once again and looked away. Adeline rushed up to Ellie and hugged her leg, just as she had done a few years back when Ellie had saved her during the storm. Knowing the gesture was significant to them both, Ellie had no choice but to forgive the girl. Adeline's frown instantly transitioned to a beaming smile after receiving forgiveness from Ellie. "Now come on girl, why don't you give me a ride over to the Girls' Dorm, ay?" Ellie nodded and knelt down, allowing Adeline to climb on her back. Ellie waited until Addy was seated and ready to go before she began her march towards the dorm. It was an amusing sight, but Adeline didn't care. She'd made a fool of herself once already, so standing out any more wouldn't do her any harm.

It wasn't long until they'd reached the Girls' Dorm. Adeline looked at the map she'd received near the entrance of campus to ensure that she was in the right place before hopping off of her partner. Ellie whined in disapproval, knowing that she'd be kept captive in her Pokéball within a minute for she was too large to fit inside the building. Adeline pouted and dragged her finger across her eye, faking a tear drop. "I'll let you out soon enough girl. I just need to unload my bags and sit down for a minute. I'll be out soon enough." Adeline fumbled for the Pokéball to return Ellie to it, but Ellie stomped the ground in disapproval. Addy looked at Ellie with concern. She really doesn't want to be locked up again, does she? Well, I guess I might as well let her stay out if she wants it so badly. Adeline began to rub Ellie's leg to soothe her. She whispered close to her. "Okay girl, if you want to stay out so badly, I'll let you. Just don't wander off. I'll call your name from the window so you know where my room is." Ellie nodded in approval before plopping herself down onto the ground right next to the door. Adeline rolled her eyes before entering the building.

Adeline tossed the key from hand to hand as she made her way to the door marked 018. This is it. My new home. I hope my roommate is nice. I don't know if I'll be able to live if its some sort of water trainer or something. Deciding that hesitating would do her no good, Addy quickly unlocked the door and swung it open. The doorknob slammed against the wall of the dorm, creating a loud bang that shocked even Adeline. She cringed slightly before entering the building. She walked right past Drake and Whisper, completely unaware of their existence, dropped her stuff on her bed in the bedroom that seemed to be empty, and turned back. This time, she noticed the two in the chair. Startled to see them, Adeline threw herself against the wall and released a small yelp of surprise. Calming herself down, Adeline realized that she recognized the two and quickly tried to gain her composure. She pushed a bit of hair off her shoulder, brushed some dust off her jeans, and looked Drake in the eye. "Well isn't this a lovely surprise? Looks like we're roommates." Realizing that she'd caused a commotion, Adeline looked worriedly towards Whisper, desperately hoping she hadn't scared the poor girl.

Robert had a grin from ear to ear once he had received the items, looking them over happily. His very own Trainer Card and Pokedex, and a dorm key to boot. After a while of looking all the stuff over he was brought back to reality by Kiai pulling on his trainer's pant legs while letting out a few cries and sporting a less than enthused face. After all, he did already stay right with Robert through a line, and even let Robert had his little moment with the new items, but the Riolu could only be patient for so long waiting besides his trainer.

"O-oh, sorry Kiai. Guess I zoned out for a bit there." Robert chuckled at Kiai and rubbed the back of his head regretfully, Kiai sighed as he shook his own head, just being glad that he was paying attention now. With that out of the way Robert looked around, seeing all that seemed to be going on while he had been distracted. Part of him wanted to find a place to join in, but it's not like he knew anyone yet, heck that was why he felt he needed to get involved.

Eventually the Riolu got tired of waiting on Robert's inability to make a decision. He sighed and smacked Robert's leg to get his attention again, waving his paw forward as he started to lead a way. Assuming it meant Kiai had a plan Robert chuckled and went along with it, just hoping that this wouldn't end up in an attempt to start a battle. Luckily for him Kiai's goal was just to lead him to someone to actually talk to, which ended up being a trainer with a Ralts with them. "Oh, uh hello there." Robert said hopefully, hoping the guy would notice him.

Aliah, Sim and Johnny

"um... h-hi. Who are you guys? M-my name's Johnny." Aliah gave the newcomer a quick glance. A Fennekin yipped in greeting causing Keme to hop down and croak cheerfully in response. The Gastly hadn't moved much.

"Aliah Crossgem, aka Shadow. My froakie is Keme. Room 040." Aliah stated, his voice growing hoarse from the sudden burst of use. Aliah turned away to cough and fingered the ring on his right hand. Though hidden from sight, scars on his arms burned with phantom pain. "I'm sorry... I need to leave. Goodbye." His limit reached Aliah turned on his heel and stalked away towards... somewhere else.

Keme, though excited to make so many friends, hopped away after Aliah. The froakie turned and waved bye-bye to the group. His happiness was tempered with worry. After several large hops to catch up with Aliah, Keme perched on his shoulder again and tried to take the room key. But Aliah wasn't having it, as his destination was the dorm room. Sliding the key in the door and wrenching it open, Aliah stepped into the darkness and sighed with relief. Flipping the lights on, Aliah dumped his luggage on a bed and slid down the wall, shaking violently. The pain was spreading. Dragging his knees to his chest Aliah buried his head and tried to calm down.

Unable to help when things got this bad, Keme sadly hopped onto the bed to keep watch for their roommate. Hopefully it would be some time before they arrived.

Edited by WildChalice

"Well that was...interesting. People seem to enjoy avoiding me after we start talking for a while."

Sim turned his attention to Johnny. After the excitement of meeting all these new people, all of them trying desperately to run away was incredibly discouraging.

"So Johnny do you unexpectedly need to go somewhere, it's already seemingly clear that I'm not terribly fun to talk to so I wouldn't mind." Sim was starting to realize maybe the school wasn't the paradise he was hoping for. Everyone seemed to have their own agenda here too. At the very least he still had Vanish, the abra seemed to know how his trainer was feeling and gave him a reassuring nudge. Maybe third times the charm and Johnny wont bail on me Sim thought hopefully. Everything needs to look up eventually. He could only hope.

Robert

"Huh? Oh, yeah, hi," Kage responded to the greeting, significantly flatter than he intended to be. There was a slight hesitation as he turned to face the stranger, Lucas turning to look before Kage did so. It was very brief; many people may not have noticed it. "Sorry, dealing with all this paperwork and crap annoys me. I'm not much of a reader," he added truthfully. His voice reflected his upbringing fairly well, almost contrasting his personality; it had a well-educated sound despite his word choice, but it came through a strong Hoenn accent.

Lucas was a bit more sociable than his trainer, distracted though he was, and murmured a greeting to the Riolu that had prompted the conversation. A slight tug at Kage's sleeve prompted the boy to lift the Fairy-type off his shoulder and let him slide to the ground in a familiar motion, putting him at eye level with the smaller of the two newcomers.

Mie and Citrine

She was being asked questions by her roommate, Citrine. In the end, she had to answer those questions so she and Citrine would at least be able to get along. After all, they would be living together for the next year. As such, it was probably best to pull down her hood so she would not seem rude.

But that would be a bit difficult to do with Kagari sitting on her shoulder. Luckily, Mie noticed that Kagari seemed to be looking down at the Skitty from her shoulder. As such, she decided to pick Kagari up and put her on the ground next to the Skitty who seemed all to eager to be with Kagari. It was a good thing that Kagari was much better at making new friends than Mie was. Kagari had no problems walking up to the Skitty.

Once she did that, she took off her hood and pulled out her long hair from inside her sweater and let it fall back onto the sweater. With a deep breath, she spoke. "Nice to meet you, Citrine. I come from Castelia City in Unova. I actually have heard of the Orre Region, though it was on the news at one point and the story kinda flew over my head. I'm not sure what to say about your brother, though. I've never had that kind of experience since I'm an only child."

After the registration process was completed, Lucas had plenty of time to meet other people without thinking about the necessary procedures - he'd already taken care of them.

The guy was about to head towards the male dorm as the crowd of people he saw before was becoming gradually smaller. Grimace of course was observing that situation with his usual grin instead of following his trainer... after all, it was the pokemon that deemed his future trainer worthy, that day in the Old Chateau.

"Gastly, after all, is kinda right. I shouldn't be a loner right now; there are trainers to meet!" thought Lucas, coming closer to the group and seeing that some of the trainers had already noticed his Gastly.

"So, my Gastly led me here... You have already noticed him, right? Anyways, my name is Lucas." he said to the two trainers that were left there: the third one, the one with Froakie, had already gone.

Lucas, Sim, and Johnny

Johnny was about to speak up when Aliah left, only for the now-leaving Trainer to be quickly replaced by someone who introduced himself as Lucas. Johnny then introduced himself to Lucas, his nervousness having dissipated when he saw how friendly his fellow Students were.

"Nice to meet you, Lucas and Sim. Since you missed my earlier introduction, Lucas, My name's Johnny, and my Fennekin here is named Ignizelka. And as for my Room Number, I've got Room 041."

As he mentioned her, Ignizelka sat down next to Johnny, a contented smile on her face.

Edited by K_H

Adeline, Drake

Luckily for Adeline, Whisper was much more relaxed so despite the noise she wasn't as surprised as she would have been earlier. She was still shy but it was one person rather than a load of them. She did crush up against Drake though being shy and still a bit scared. "Shhhh, it's okay Whisper." Drake said petting her head. She calmed down quite quickly, it was evident that Drake was very used to dealing with her and helping her to relax. Now that the pup was calmed, Drake addressed Addy. "Hmmm, quite a nice surprise. It's stuff like this that makes me wonder how real fate actually is. It's got a terrible sense of humor at the least if it does having you met me by falling on your butt." she said with a giggle.

Whisper whimpered ever so slightly, a little whisper of some emotion. Drake understood it. "You want to say hi Whisper?" after which the little dog whimpered again as a reply.

Emberly got up with Whisper in her arms like before and walked over to Addy. The little dog in her arms visibly shaking a little due to nerves. Whisper wasn't the best with people until she got to know them. She avoided them at all costs most times, so rarel did she really get the chance to know many. However... she knew it was futile in this situation as it was with Drake's family. She was living under the same roof as those people and here it was the same. She'd have to deal with them at some point. So, Whisper did with Addy like what she did with Emberly's family. She gave up the ghost right away and gave in. She'd have to get used to her at some point, might as well make it as fast and painless as possible. Whisper was a rather smart dog, despite her fear she knew she had to it was best to get it out of the way then let it sit for a long amount of time. "Okay Addy this is Whisper for real this time." Whisper's two giant chocolate eyes looked at Addy, looking a little sad. She was still a bit scared but Emberly holding her gave her the confidence that it was going to be okay. "Let her smell your hand and get your scent. Then you can pet her. She really likes to be scratched behind her ears!" Drake said holding Whisper in-between the two of them. THe little pup was shivering a little, but still barked a soft bark as if to confirm what Drake said.

Kage

Robert's face returned to a smile once the other student replied, keeping himself from actually sighing in relief. He gladly listened to the little rant about the paperwork, chuckling at the end of it himself. "Haha, it's fine really. It's paperwork really, the one thing that really makes it worth it is the opportunities the papers give." While noticing the Hoenn accent, he decided not bring too much attention to that to avoid a unneeded mistake, even though he himself spoke with a lighter Hoenn accent.

Kiai smiled back and waved at the Ralts when it innitially greeted him, watching as it was lowered down and giving another much closer greeting once they were level.

"So, mind if I know your name? The name's Robert here, and the Riolu down there is Kiai." Robert smiled at him, hoping that he wasn't too quick asking that.

Mie and Citrine

I don't blame her for wearing that hood. If I had hair like that, I probably do it too. Though it'd be so cool to have hair like that. Citrine then suddenly bluttered out, "I like your hair. It's pretty."

Now might not have been the time for that so Citrine decided to quickly change the topic. "Well I suppose my bro would kind of get you as he was an only child until I moved in recently, but that's a really long story for another time." Citrine truly didn't feel like explaining that whole story as it was half the reason she was even in this mess. "I guess that's one thing you two have in common other than not really liking people. Doesn't bother me one bit." Citrine may be a bit dense, but she can tell when someone is not comfortable in talking and this girl didn't seem much of a talker.

Meanwhile, Rosie was having fun with her new friend. Even better was that this Vulpix was a girl so her cute charm wouldn't have an effect on her. Energetically, she dashed around in a circle seeing if the Vulpix would want to play. Her old companion was so boring and never wanted to do anything fun.

• Support Squad

Claude, Wolt, Helene & Doux

"Sure, let's go see the new rooms. Just gimme a sec." Claude replied to Wolts invitation. The other boys tone said he was friendly enough but his expression not so much. It kinda made for a creepy contrast. Still, Claude wanted t get on his good side. If things went down the wrong street things could become strained.

Claude turned to scan the crows, searching for his partner. He spotted the Cottonee on the head of yet another girl, this one shorter. Claude briefly whistled a single short, clear note and Doux propelled himself over to Claude. Claude held Doux against his chest as he waved to the girl. "Sorry, I haven't broken him of the habit of resting on other people yet!" Claude then turned to Wolt. "Are we off then?"

Sim and Johnny

"Wait... I've got Room 041 too." Lucas said, surprised; he wasn't sure if that was just a coincidence or if Gastly was actually trying to make him meet his roomate.

"This is my companion Grimace, by the way. Nice to meet you!" he added, this way introducing the Gastly to the other two trainers.

The ghost-type was floating nearby, proud to be the reason why Lucas met his roomate this quickly.

"Wow so you two are sharing a room, what a coincidence. I'll still have to find my roommate later." Sim said to Lucas, trying to sound as friendly as possible. "I think i'll head over to the dorms soon to see what the rooms look like, I hate not knowing my way around a place".

Sim hoped his attempt at directing the conversation worked, the faster he could memorize the school grounds the better he would feel. Ever since getting lost deep within Castelia before meeting vanish not knowing everything about a landscape subconsciously bothered Sim to no end.

Adeline, Drake

Adeline breathed a sigh of relief. "At least I didn't scare the girl too badly. That's the last thing I'd want to do." Adeline began moving towards Drake as she continued to speak. "Yeah, fate and I aren't on good terms. It seems I come across the best of people in the worst way for myself. But maybe that's just the life I'm destined to." Adeline paused in front of Whisper and gently slid her towards the Growlithe. She'd practiced this many times with the Pokémon she'd encountered on her daily treks. It was the first step to befriending a Pokémon in her opinion. What's the point of having a Pokémon if it doesn't trust you? It's just a meaningless relationship from both sides that way.

As Adeline waited for Whisper to hopefully approve of her, Adeline poked her head to the side and peered out the window. Ellie was still sitting near the entrance. The girl was patient. She would not move from that spot until Adeline called for her. "Does Whisper like fruit at all? If so, I think I've got something for her."

Wolt & Claude

"Just don't have him rest on me and everything will fine." Wolt replied to Claude now looking for the guy's dorm. "I think the building over there is the guy's dorm." He pointed towards the building in the south-east corner of the grounds. "Come on, lets go." He grabbed his things and started heading out. Inigo had a bad feeling about this but he headed with him anyway, walking closely beside him.