Ymora Academy Chapter 1: Bonds [IC]

Chim

• Support Squad

Doux, Emberly & Adeline

The Cottonee perched comfortably upon Emberlys head made a soft series of cooing sounds, content to be petted. Doux knew that the tone of voice could be considered condescending to some more arrogant pokemon but Doux was happy to be babied a little. Unfortunately when another student began to approach and tripped over her own shoelaces Doux was startled, emitting a sparkling gust in fright and whispering away from the girl who tripped. Only Doux's curiosity kept him from seeking out Claude.

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doux, Emberly & Adeline

"Seems people forgot how to use their eyes and legs today." Drake thought to herself seeing a girl tumble and take a fall towards her. She nearly rolled her eyes at the scene... but she remembered folks were probably jittery and full of nerves. After all it was only natural on the first day of school... or anything for that matter. Excitement got to some folks more than her perhaps.

"You alright? That was quite the tumble. Let me help you up. The name's Emberly, I go by Drake though. This is a strange way to meet somebody." she said stooping to give the girl a hand. After all due to her large size she had to squat down to even reach. Part of the awkwardness of being so huge. She outreached her hand for the girl who had just taken a tumble to try and help her to her feet.

Helene, Emberly, Adeline

Pan handed the attendant at the desk her folder as Helene flashed her ID, leaving her lanyard around her neck in doing so. Truth be told, despite Pan's verbal discontent with waiting patiently, Helene was feeling a little bit impatient as well - so her arrival at the desks was more than a relief.

"Thank you for attending, we hope you enjoy your time here."

"Thank you."

As she turned from the desks and exited the queue, she noticed Pan had begun to wander toward a commotion. She noticed another student strewn onto the ground, being helped up by another girl, who was oddly tall.

"You alright? That was quite the tumble. Let me help you up. The name's Emberly, I go by Drake though. This is a strange way to meet somebody." the beanpole offered politely.

By this point, Pancham had made it to the scene, and began patting the student on the ground as if nursing a bruise or calming a child. This caused Helene to rush over, knowing the fallen girl's reputation was already fractured from the fall along with whatever bones potentially may be.

"Hi!..um......My name's Helene, I very much prefer White though. Pan! leave the poor girl alone!"

"This is a horrible first impression."

The wheels of faith already started to spin. At least for those who belief that everything that happens in life is already planned by something, or someone. Others belief that you determine your own fate by the actions you take. But no matter who beliefs in what, one thing was certain. Important bonds were starting to form right now. Bonds that could easily save someone's life in the future.

The one thing that couldn't be denied was the amount of first years arriving early. It was a common sight each year that the keycards with the lowest number were handed out at a rapid rate. Older students knew from experience how impatient new students were so they often waited a bit and decided to meet up with their friends first before going for their keycards. One of the most impatient ones, and might've made a new record, was Simon. His keycard with Number 025 on it, was the first to be handed out. If the boy only hadn't teleported and shown some patience, he would've met a boy with a Larvesta on his arm; Arthur. His roommate for possibly the next three years.

Another impatient young man, Jonathan, managed to finally get his keycard at the exact same time as the boy at the desk on his right. If only either of them caught a glimpse of the keycard their respective administrators grabbed, they would've seen that they shared room 041. However faith works in mysterious ways as the second boy, Lucas, was forced to follow his Gastly.

However, said Gastly had managed to find their new neighbour. Aliah, holding keycard 040, wasn't that far from Robert. Unfortunately the boy had no idea that his new roommate was starting a commotion as he only just received his keycard at the same moment everything started. But what he could see, was that he got the second card, meaning his roommate was probably still in the same building.

The other student who managed to fall on her very first day, Adeline, was more lucky. Somehow she had managed to trip right in front of her future roommate; Emberley. Coincidence? Or faith? The only thing the two girls knew was that Adeline's keycard with number 018 was lying in between them, clearly visible for everyone to see. Just as it was Emberley's turn to registrate...

This included the third girl, Helene, who just received a keycard with 002 inscribed. The other key of that pair was already picked up a few minutes earlier by a girl named Mayanna. In fact the same administrator had handed out both keys and mentioned this to Helene. She could've heard the man if she wasn't too distracted by her Pancham's actions.

• Veterans

After James handed in his paperwork and ID,the staff member quickly finished putting in his data into the system before letting him off with a smile. The ebony haired kid turned around only to see a kid running after what seemed to be a...Froakie? - He wasn't too sure on the name of the foreign - at least to him- pokemon , the kid however seemed to slip and fall down. "Talk about no control....." James looked down expecting Crescent to be standing there only to find the Absol to be further way than he expected looking at someone else who had fallen down. "Well damn, they're falling down left and right today aren't they." James stared half amused before calling Crescent over with a whistle, the feline hearing it slowly walked back over to him.

Aliah, Keme, Sim, Vanish, Mie and Kagari

"Hey are you alright I saw you fall over, cool froakie by the way."

The new voice caused Aliah to attempt to find the source. A young man and an Abra gazed down at him with a look of concern. Keme had stopped making bubbles due to the new arrivals, and it's embarrassment at causing it's trainer to fall. Aliah stood up slowly, unwilling to turn his back to the girl but needing to respond to the boy. Giving himself a quick once-over Aliah politely backed up so the three now formed a triangle. He turned to the young man and his abra.

"I'm fine... thanks." Aliah adjusted his coat and hat so his eyes weren't so hidden. "Keme is his name" Glancing down at the frog caused it to hop back onto his shoulder "and he's normally a bit more reserved." For my sake Aliah thought before adding "Guess he's excited about making new friends. Oh right. Sorry. I'm Aliah Crossgem." Aliah slowly extended a hand out to shake. Mentally he braced himself for the coming contact.

"Thank you," Maya took back her ID and accepted the Key Card, sliding both into her pocket and nodding as she moved away from the desk. It was done... a bit simpler than she had imagined it, but, she wasn't about to complain. 002, eh? Wondered who her roommate would end up being... guess there was but one way to find out.

There was only one small issue before that could happen though...

"Bird Jesus, Where did he manage to wander off to?" She muttered, scanning the crowds. One second. One split, minuscule second to recollect her ID and get the key, and somehow that was literally all the time he needed to vanish into thin air. Poof, gone. One minute, by her side, and then the next, gone again- up and into the oblivion of the night like his name was Batman...

Except Batman wasn't a three-and-a-half foot tall panda covered in beige and red fur whose colors were a near dead give away in a crowd of people dressed in late summer attire. Yeah...some real great camouflage Spindas had. Though, maybe that was part of the reason they were all crazy- to scare away the bigger things that might want to nibble on their Giblets.

"barely ten whole minutes of freedom..." The girl sighed with a shake of her head, heading off after the speckled crusader.

Folie made no sound as he wobbled and weaved through the lower bodies of the crowd, dodging student after student nearly unseen as he traced his way. Yeah, Maya was probably gonna be annoyed that he just straight left her, but... well this just wasn't an opportunity he could pass up on. Not after he'd spotted that big cat just now. C'mon, Big, Dark, Menacing and Brooding. The dark type had looked like it would be the perfect challenge, and to be quite hoenst... Folie already felt like he was bored out of his mind here. Lines were the bane of interest, after all.

"Spin! Spinda!" He shouted in challenge once he finally reached the Absol, putting up a pair of tiny dukes and paying no mind to the others at the scene as he threw a few quick jabs at the air and eyed the far larger creature... a sly smirk on his face...

But oh how easily that little smirk would've melted if he noticed his trainer locked dead on to his position...closing in fast.

Having finally worked his way through the line, Arthur gave a deep sigh of relief. At least that was one thing taken care of. Monica had sat on his arm the entire time and stared at the crowds around them, where people and Pokemon alike were making new aquaintences. And after the entire time in line, Arthur finally conceited defeat and put Monica on the ground to give his arms a well earned rest. Dangerous as it may be to put her down onto the ground where she could be stepped on, she was still almost three feet in height, so someone would have an easier time stepping on a small child. And even if someone did accidentally step on her, her firey horns on the top of her head would quickly discourage the thought of walking. Still, Arthur decided to keep a careful eye on her. As it turned out, this was for the best as when the Fire Bug noticed a large commotion going on with several girls, a Cottonee, and a Pancham. Where other bugs had a desire to reach light or fire, she had an affinity for drama. Monica was fulled rested as she had been sitting on Arthur's arm the entire time, so she began making a surprisingly fast beeline for the group. It was all he could do to catch up with her and keep different students and staff members from stepping on her as she left a path of chaos in her wake.

"Well I guess this is how I'll be meeting my classmates for this year..." Arthur muttered to himself when Monica had finally reached the scene. He slowed down his pace and walked up to the gathered group. "Hey there. Sorry, this one is mine," he said, scooping up a rather energetic Monica into a cradle between both of his arms to keep her from running off agaiin. "I'm Arthur. I'd shake your hands, but then this little 'bundle of energy' here would probably go bug someone else. And you are...?" Before any in the growing scene could quite realize what just happened, Monica saw something else the interested her and decided to hop out of Arthur's arms and instead pursue a Gastly she saw floating around its trainer. Arthur, still a little winded from all the unexpected exercise and excitement, quickly chased after her and picked her up once again, this time in front of the boy, if Arthur could call him that when he was considerably taller than Arthur, and his Gastly.

"Right, take two. Hey there, I'm Arthur. Sorry about this little 'bundle of energy' here. I'd shake your hand, but then she'd run off to bug someone else again. And you are?"

• Veterans

Crescent while walking back over to James noticed the small red spotted panda-thing that jumped in front of him before throwing a few jabs towards his direction. While the fact that people were tripping over left and right was slightly amusing, he was still bored out of his mind so seeing how silly the Spinda looked when he did that made him almost purr out loud. Perhaps indulging the Spinda wouldn't be too bad of an idea, it seemed as bored as he did, not that he blamed the Panda, lines and paperwork were evil, or so his trainer always complained, he usually just rested in his pokeball whenever they had to deal with that kind of stuff. Crescent leered at the Spinda, baring his fangs at it before taking a step forward.

James noticed the Spinda trying to start something with Crescent and not wanting the large Absol to cause a commotion started walking towards him, as protective as the feline was at times, why did he like causing trouble so often and then making him clean it up. "Crescent, I swear, I turn around for one moment and you're already involved in something man......"James trailed off when he noticed how silly the Spinda looked when it was throwing those jabs it seemed to be attempting. "Uh..huh....."

"Nice to meet you Aliah, I can't blame Keme for being excited. I'm sure most of us feel the same way." Sim returned the handshake with a trademark grin.Compared to Castelia people in Ymora seemed so nice. Sim already was having more luck with starting friendships than years in the city.

"My name is Simon Dow, call me Sim." Vanish glanced over with a look cold to the touch. "The abra I so rudely haven't mentioned yet is Vanish". Sim realized exploring the area could wait, he wouldn't make the same mistake of secluding himself as he did so long ago.

Sim at that point remembered he and Aliah weren't alone. He turned his attention to the girl with...silver hair? "Hi my name is Sim as you likely just overheard, I haven't been pleasured with your name yet however." SIm was never one to ignore his curiosity and this girl was curios indeed. A name however would be a good start, It seemed as if today would be very taxing on the memory if all ends well.

Mie was about to respond to the people who were crowding around and falling all over the place but she realized it was her turn to go get registered.

"Sorry, I have to run." She said in a fast pace before heading over to the desk and getting her trainer card, Pokedex, and key card, which she looked at before pocketing.

It was at that moment that she realized that she had pretty much run away from people who were willing to talk to her. "Dammit, Mie. What the hell did you just do? Those people were even willing to talk to you!" She said to herself while frantically scratching at her head under her hood.

She paused and let her hands down. "I'm such an idiot." She said before Kagari let out a cry of comfort and nuzzle against her cheek.

The long waiting finally paid off. Most excited first years already left the Main Building in order to explore the rest of the facilities that the Academy had to offer.

One of the students whose patience was tested the most, Luna, finally received the second key with number 035 on it. The first keycard was already given earlier to a shy girl named Mie.

At the same time in one of the Boys Dorm lines, James managed to get his hands on his Pokédex as well as his keycard. His room was number 016 and, just like Luna, his roommate was much earlier than him. It was a good thing for Kage that all the numbers were imprinted so he didn't have to rely on Lucas this time. All he had to do was feel with his fingers.

One by one most keycards starting with the numbers 0 and 1 were handed out, except for room 029. Both Claude and Wolt belonged to the group of late first years, even if it wasn't entirely by choice. But right now both students stood next to each other as they saw their respective administrators reach for the same keycards.

Folie's smirk only grew even more smug as he saw the big cat edge closer, keeping up his rigorous regiment of air punches all the while, one after the other. Perfect. Seemed the big guy wanted to brawl too- at least it would be something interesting in this huge snore-fest of complete, utterly soul crushing bureaucracy and paperwork.

"Spind!" He called aloud ecstatically, still jabbing as he gazed at his would be opponent... though for some reason he was shaking. "Spin-spinda-spin-spinda-spin daaaa..." Yes. Shaking indeed... with just how much he was going to enjoy this. Within an instant, those air jabs turned into something more as, near quick as lightning, the tiny panda's mit began to glow in a rainbow light as he reeled back for what would've been another routine warm up... then sent it flying forward...

Only to feel some fierce force grab him by the scruff of the neck and hoists his little tail right up off the ground before he could even get close. Maya's eyes drilled into his like glaciers as she turned him around in her hand, paying no mind to the meager 11 pounds of weight the normal type was packing. He was done, son. He could tell. Gonzo, Ziltch, Zero. Done like one of Flamie's dinners(and damn could that lady cook...). Annoyed wasn't the right word for this... more like pissed.

"uh...Spiiiiiin...?" He uttered meekly, taping the two corners of his mit together modestly... not that it would have any effect here. "Spinda?"

"Ten minutes..." Maya sighed, rubbing her temple with her free hand. "Ten whole minutes here, and you instantly go and not only try to pick a fight, but then you even go a step further and try to throw the first punch too?" Folie had nothing to respond with. Just that same, modest facade intended to win Amicability. "Get your act together, or you'll spent most of the semester in your ball. You got me?"

The spinda instantly deflated at the not-so-hollow threat, finally giving up the jig and nodding his head as he stared at the floor.

"God... he's more a handful then he's worth sometimes." Maya muttered, at least Satisfied he'd behave for now. Hell though, she was so focused on stopping Folie, she had almost forgotten the boy and his absol standing there.

"Er...Sorry about all of that trouble just now. I don't think it'll happen again."

Citrine noticed the giant group together, but she didn't particularly care about it. "The people here sure are a lot of pansies. Back in Pyrite, you'd never see someone help another up. Besides, that probably didn't even hurt...wussies." The Skitty tried to give her a warning about what she was slowly backing up into, but too late. Citrine's mumbling made her ram right into the desk almost causing her to fall over. The blonde turned around surprised to see how quickly the line had gone down. "Sorry about that. Here's my...things to get registered." She wasn't quite sure what the ID card was, but she still knew it was important.

Right after setting her ID down, she noticed a couple of Pokemon getting into a fight. She couldn't help but grin while turning to her companion. "Henry had nothing to worry about. I told him I could behave." The Skitty shook her head while pointing to the giant dirt tracks that her trainer had created. "Oh don't worry about that. Nobody cares if the floor get a little dirty anyway." She the picked up the key card while heading off.

"Now...who was my roomate again?" Citrine looked around trying to figure out who'd she be sharing a room, or sleeping with as she called it. The only problem was finding a girl without a name would be nigh impossible. Rosie remembered the name, but being a Pokemon, she couldn't really tell her trainer that. If only her former master were here, things would be much easier.

"Sorry, I have to run."

So much for a name, Sim thought to himself as he watched the girl make her way to registration. Most people would have taken that as I want to be left alone, but Sim's curiosity was not one to be left unresolved. He resolved that he would find out who she was at a later point. Now however he turned back to Aliah, at the very least he seemed capable of conversation.

"Have you gotten to the registration yet Aliah?" Sim questioned. He hoped Aliah would say yes because heading to the back of the line at this point sounded almost painful.

• Veterans

"It's fine, I don't think Crescent here minds atleast, god knows that's better than standing in a line to give in Paperwork of all things....at least it was just giving it in....."James said after the girl had walked behind the crazy panda and chewed it out. Crescent himself just snorted at what was going on, the Spinda was a funny one, he'd give the Panda that much. " This place is much larger than I imagined you know, from what I saw from a similar one in Unova, though this one's older by quite a few years. " He looked towards the large building and those that surrounded it. Being here actually felt far more intimidating than he'd thought it'd be. "The name's James, what's yours?"

Emberly, Doux, Helene, and Adeline

Adeline looked from Adeline's hand to the Pancham patting her leg. She smiled at the adorable little Pokémon before reaching her hand up to accept Drake's offer of assistance. Adeline grabbed onto Drake's arm and pulled herself up. Looking up at the mountain of a girl in front of her, Adeline had to put her hand behind her head to support it. "Believe me, it wasn't the way I intended, that's for sure. I mean, I intended to talk to you, since both of those Pokémon you've got there are absolutely adorable. Not to mention, having a friend on the first day is beneficial, right?" Realizing she hadn't introduced herself yet, Adeline blushed. "The name's Adeline. You can call my Addy, if you'd like."

Adeline tried to look for the Cottonee above Drake's head but it seemed as if he'd moved. Catching site of Doux, Adeline turned to him and spoke in a comforting voice. "Oh, you poor little thing, I didn't mean to scare you. I'm just a bit clumsy, that's all." Adeline pouted at the Cottonee, hoping she would be able to calm him down. The last thing she'd want is for a Pokémon to feel afraid of her.

Realizing she'd yet to address Helene, she turned to the girl and her Pancham. "Well Helene, er, White, you don't have to tell the little guy to leave me alone. I love the company of Pokémon. It's why I made my decision to become a Breeder here after all." Adeline turned and repositioned herself so that she was facing both White and Drake. "I'd love to introduce you to my partner Ellie, but I'm afraid she's not the kind of Pokémon that would do this hectic area any well."

Helene, Adeline, Emberly, Doux the Cottonee

"Well Helene, er, White, you don't have to tell the little guy to leave me alone. I love the company of Pokémon. It's why I made my decision to become a Breeder here after all."

"Breeder, now that's something you don't see every day. Maybe I'll get the time to ask her about it some time."

Truth be told, Adeline seemed to be a magnet for attention, wanted or otherwise. Helene, while serviceable, was not one to normally barge onto the stages of others. Must be a day for excitement...or rather, a day for Pan to stick his nose where it doesn't belong.

This triggered a somewhat-distant response.

"Um...right...well, I'm sure Pancham will want to say hi again..." she murmered, taking a sideways glance at her Fighting-type companion in rebuke. "I'll take my leave, then. See you around Adeline, Emberly. C'mon Pan, Let's go make sure our things are moved in - THEN we can go make friends. Okay?"

Perhaps without meaning to, Helene then took off with Pancham in the direction of the girl's dorms in a manner that could be misconstrued as avoidance.

Adeline, Drake, Doux the Cottonee

"Hmmm? Only Whisper here belongs to me that other Pokemon must be somebody else's. It just kinda landed on my head earlier. Don't know who it belongs to." Drake said smiling. Whisper poked her eyes out over Drake's arm again after hearing her name but quickly after seeing people nearby, those chocolate eyes buried themselves again with a small whimper. "Whisper is a bit shy, and she doesn't like people very much. She's scared of most things that aren't me actually." Drake said with a giggle. She stroked the little dog right behind her ears again reminding her that she was safe in her arms. "Friends are good though, good to have soembody you can count on day 1. I definitely agree there!"

"Oh, crap nearly forgot I haven't registered yet." Drake said her face turning bright red. In the commotion of all the chaos it had slipped her mind. "Sorry Addy, but gotta run, perhaps I'll catch ya later? That'd be nice. Take care." Drake said turning to go register herself at the desk. Once she was finished with that she'd head directly to her new room, mostly to have a space to allow Whisper to calm down a bit. The poor thing was trembling a bit, and was full of nerves. It's be good to have a bit of time where she could get a breather and relax. She'd probably get used to the amount of people at some point.

• Support Squad

Doux, Adeline and Helena

Quickly soothed by the words of the girl who tripped, Doux settled down easily. He as about to settle on his roosts heaad once more when she seemed to stroll off elsewhere. Deciding he ought to stay at least near his master, Doux instead chose the head of Helene to perch upon comfortably.

Claude & Wolt

Claude grinned as he laid eyes on his new room-mate. A distinctive person, certainly but Claude didn't quite peg him as a coordinator. Maybe a breeder?

With a flourish and a charming smile, Claude introduced himself.

"Well bonjour! My name is Claude, the Coordinator Extraordinaire of Lumiose city and soon to be top coordinator of the Ymora Academy! You're my new room-mate, right? Number twenty nine?"

Helene, Doux

Nearing the exit of the registration hall, Pancham looked up and waved at something that seemed to be just above Helene's head.

"...Pan...what are you waving at?"

Suddenly Helene had a strange sneezing sensation. She remembered something like this happening back at Shalour, when she encountered a Whimsicott walking to the south of town on the way to the Skiddo farm.

She stopped walking, wrinkled her nose a couple of times to suppress her urge to sneeze, and addressed the...whatever it was on her head.

"Um...Hello there, friend. How are you?"

She got down to one knee to allow Pan to greet the Pokemon, whom Helene could identify as not a Whimsicott, but it's pre-evolution Cottonee by shifting her eyes almost fully into their sockets.

She sighed, and allowed Pancham to play with the Cottonee, opting to survey the playdate and search for the Pokemon's trainer. From observation, she could tell the Cottonee was well groomed, possibly by one of the Coordinator students here.

From there, she noticed a pair of boys in an exchange near by. One, who had just boasted about the soon-to-be top coordinator of the academy, the other looked to be a little more arrogant than that. She quietly accessed this exchange as a potential macho contest.

"Oh, I sure hope those two aren't roomies."

She then noticed the Cottonee's interest with one of the gentleman, and decided she had better stay nearby in case one of the two trainers was it's charge.

The could probably bet her tuition savings on which gentleman it was.

Mie and Citrine

Citrine looked around, but every single person she tried looking at was either too girly or didn't have the number she was looking for. The Skitty was flustered seeing irresponsible this girl truly was, just like her former master said she'd be. Kind of ironic when the Pokemon needs to take care of the trainer and make sure she stays out of trouble. Citrine was in luck though as she managed to find a girl wearing hood nearby.

"Excuse me," she asked. "I'm looking for a girl's number."

Drake

It didn't take too awfully long to get her registration sorted. After all... most of the paperwork was in order though it was a bit sloppily thrown together so it took a bit of extra time to sort it. "I really should get this stuff handled earlier than I do." the fiery haired girl thought to herself. Whisper started to finally relax even if it was just a little poking her brown eyes right above Drake's arm. She didn't really bury it again for the time being unless others got really close. It seemed that she was at least somewhat getting used to the din of people being around. This made Drake smile, after all... her little pup was growing a little it would seem. She could feel her still shaking in her arms though with fear, so she definitely wasn't totally over her fears yet.

Drake having received all of her things for registering started to head directly to her room. 018 was the number... so that was what she would look for.

Mie and Citrine

"Eh?" Mie turned to see a girl with a Skitty coming up to her. Someone was coming to talk to her again. She needed to make absolute certain that she didn't screw it up this time.

It's alright. Everything will be just fine. She thought to herself to pump herself up. "Number? Do you mean dorm room number? I'm not sure how much help I can provide but I can help you search around. Mine is 035. What's yours?"

Aliah, Keme, Sim and Vanish

"Sorry, I have to run" The girl left abruptly after that. A strange feeling rested in Aliah as he watched the girl retreat... what was it again?

""My name is Simon Dow, call me Sim. The abra I so rudely haven't mentioned yet is Vanish." A brief pause as Simon shook Aliah's hand. "Have you gotten to the registration yet Aliah?" Sim's question broke Aliah from his train of thought. Aliah's gaze seemed to be focused on something behind or beyond Simon. Keme's tongue whipped into Aliah's pocket, returning with the dorm key bearing 040 on it.

"Eh... Yes. I have finished. They called me 'Shadow'..." Keme sense something he didn't like and reached up with a hand to rest on Aliah's cheek. A soft, almost reassuring croak echoed and Aliah finished his absent minded thought. "Back home that is... I was always... a 'shadow'."

Aliah blinked several times before giving his head a shake. Like one trying to erase a thought. A frown flashed across the boy's face as he refocused. "I... you can call me 'Shadow' if you want... and it's nice to meet you." His hand quickly took the key from the froakie. It was at this point that Aliah noticed a Gastly nearby.

Edited by WildChalice