Warning, hype in-bound. The Redemption League!

DashingStorm

There are pretty much three kinds of Ubers: the broken Megas, the former OU things that got the ban through sustests and the super-legendary game mascots (except Kyurem-Black). Landorus' case is much more closely related to Greninja and Aegis, non-Mega, non super-legendaries, formerly very legal OU Pokemon that were deemed ban-worthy for the OU metagame. And while the super-legendaries (except KuyB) are banned from Doubles and Triples as well, Lando isn't, just like Greninja and Aegis. And just like that smug-faced Shaymin-Sky. In short, they all should be legal and kosher post-league, considering that their non-legendary cases are legal and kosher before beating the league.

I would also like to know about the bans that the leaders and champion may face:

Are the OU-banned Mega Stones legal?

Are the (Slowbro-Altaria-CharizardX-Metagross-possiblySablye) Mono-banned Mega Stones legal?

Is Salamen-sobrokenitgotbannedinDoublesforGod'ssake-cite legal?

Is Soul Dew legal?

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are pretty much three kinds of Ubers: the broken Megas, the former OU things that got the ban through sustests and the super-legendary game mascots (except Kyurem-Black). Landorus' case is much more closely related to Greninja and Aegis, non-Mega, non super-legendaries, formerly very legal OU Pokemon that were deemed ban-worthy for the OU metagame. And while the super-legendaries (except KuyB) are banned from Doubles and Triples as well, Lando isn't, just like Greninja and Aegis. And just like that smug-faced Shaymin-Sky. In short, they all should be legal and kosher post-league, considering that their non-legendary cases are legal and kosher before beating the league.

I would also like to know about the bans that the leaders and champion may face:

Are the OU-banned Mega Stones legal?

Are the (Slowbro-Altaria-CharizardX-Metagross-possiblySablye) Mono-banned Mega Stones legal?

Is Salamen-sobrokenitgotbannedinDoublesforGod'ssake-cite legal?

Is Soul Dew legal?

To answer your questions;

Yes, OU-banned Mega Stones are legal.

Yes, the Mono-"banned" Mega Stones are also legal.

Mega Sala-stupidly-broken-mence is also legal.

No, Soul Dew is beyond banned.

You may ask yourself why some are legal and some aren't. Simple answer; The teams used by the leaders may be monotype, but they're not in the monotype tier. This means they (being the last 6 leaders) have free access to megas that would be banned in monotype/OU, but viable in Ubers, like Mega Mawile/Salamence/Gengar and whatever else is banned from OU.

>Implying the Dragon or flying leader won't be high enough up to use mega mence

I mean... wut?

I never implied that lol, Mega Mence just seems like a champion pokemon to me. I'm fully aware that Dragon/Flying could be and probably will be in the higher brackets. Either way we're still screwed haha

A new old challenger approaches!

From what you say, I get the impression that you're good x.x

so I guess it's needless to wish you luck. I'll need to keep as much luck to myself as possible... I'd like to see someone win though, so I'm cheering for you! o,o

Edited by Juuzou

Reborn league died RIGHT before I got my last badge, and right after I'd just shelled out thousands of rupees on a retry token. (you can see my 17 badges in my sig =( )

• 2 weeks later...

Attention to the Redemption League confirmed and potential challengers and glory chasers as well. Dash has kind of shunted this announcement onto whoever wanted to go type it up. Keep in mind, this isn't a hundred percent official, but it is what has been circulating around the Staff for right now.

So without further ado; hello, my name is Darvan, and I am one of your Redemption League staff members here with an important annoucement regarding battling and appointments to be set up.

Anyways, our current working system is a first-come and first-serve queue basis. Simply, declare your challenge, and one of the members of our Supervision team will place you within a queue in the order of which you applied. Either way, the Leader you are requesting to face, or one of the Management or Supervision team will either PM you or otherwise call you up for battle.

Let's say Ame, Ikaru, and Dan all apply to battle Olivia in that order. Someone like myself would place you in a queue listed quite possibly on the public chat in an order like that, in an interface such as:

[Olivia Challengers]: Ame, Ikaru, Dan

Then Olivia will call on Ame, or vice-versa (still waiting for final word) then they battle. Then Ikaru is called upon, and finally down upon the line. Let's say Mael and Jeri wanna join in while the battles are going on while Olivia is battling. They will ask for a queue to challenge, and be placed in their repsective order behind Dan.

Anyways, that's a basic way of understanding how our Leaders will be accompanied by you the challenger.

Please wait for an official word from Dash, as only Dash truely can explain our system best, and I'm just merely the emissary sent to deliver the message.

Anyways, happy hunting with those Badges, Redemption challengers.

Listen up kids, and listen well.

The above post has mentioned quite a bit on what I was supposed to be saying myself, but I'm going to clarify it all in simple lingo so it's easy for everyone to understand to (hopefully) prevent misunderstandings in the future.

Let's take this on step-by-step here. Those familiar with the old Reborn League that ran on PO, probably remember a command they could use when League times started. We sadly don't have such a command yet, so we have to do this manually, meaning things can get a bit spammy and/or messy in the chat.

For that reason, we've decided to take on a different approach to at least try and not have a mass of people spam the chat at the same time just to get that battle with a certain leader.

Here's how your challenge registration works:

Step 1:

Make it known that you want to battle by approaching a Driver or Moderator, specifically approach these people if they're online: Haven Pyrrhon, Apophyll Sparky, Mde2001 or RBRN Nova. To approach them, simply say their name in the chat, followed by "I would like to battle [insert Leader name here]" or something close to that. If these people are not online for whatever reason, you can also approach me by pinging me.

Step 2:

Once you've made known you want to battle a specific leader that day (remember, you can only battle one leader per day), you will be put in the queue list. Remember that registrations for battles initially start at 4 PM EST, the first queue lists will be broadcasted at 4:30 PM EST for each leader.

Step 3:

When the queue list is made known, be patient. The leaders will call out your name to notify you that you're up for battle. You basically have 30 minutes to prepare from when registration opens, up until the actual battling times (4:30 PM EST), plus you'll be given an additional 5 minutes to prepare your team, items and strategies. Leaders will notify you of the 5 minutes you have to prepare. If you do not respond back to them (either through PM or in the chat itself), they may opt to go for the next challenger. There's a maximum 5-minute window between when your name is called out for battle as to when they may opt for the next challenger.

Additional note: If you register past 4:30 PM EST, you will automatically be put in the back of the current queue list. It's still a first-come, first-go service we're talking about here folks. So you can register past 4:30 PM, absolutely no problem. Do remember League only runs for several hours, though.

That's all you need to know when it comes to queueing, actually.

It's a very simple procedure that we expect everyone to be able to understand, so hopefully this sheds a bit of extra light onto the situation.

That sounds good to me,

Just for clarification though,

It's been said a lot that it will run on weekends,

Does that include Fridays? Or is it just Saturday and Sunday?

Sorry if this is a stupid or obvious question.

Very much looking forward to challenging :)

• Global Mods

Question from someone who's never used Showdown before except when Ame set chat to automoderated to get rid of someone who kept making accounts and spamming the chat: Is it the leader who initiates the battle once there's confirmation that you're ready, or is the challenger? Furthermore, will the team in our trainer cards automatically be what's sent out during the battle, or do we have to set it? If we have to set it, how do we do that?

I just want to make sure I understand everything and don't do anything dumb.

Question from someone who's never used Showdown before except when Ame set chat to automoderated to get rid of someone who kept making accounts and spamming the chat: Is it the leader who initiates the battle once there's confirmation that you're ready, or is the challenger? Furthermore, will the team in our trainer cards automatically be what's sent out during the battle, or do we have to set it? If we have to set it, how do we do that?

I just want to make sure I understand everything and don't do anything dumb.

The leader will challenge you.

In terms of the team- it won't automatically be sent out. You go into the teambuilder section of showdown and make that team. Then you will be able to use it in battle. Given that you don't have any other teams I assume it should automatically go in but if you do when you receive the challenge you can select which team you want to use so you'd select your league team and you'd enter the battle with it. Hope that this is clear enough.

• Global Mods

The leader will challenge you.

In terms of the team- it won't automatically be sent out. You go into the teambuilder section of showdown and make that team. Then you will be able to use it in battle. Given that you don't have any other teams I assume it should automatically go in but if you do when you receive the challenge you can select which team you want to use so you'd select your league team and you'd enter the battle with it. Hope that this is clear enough.

Do I make the team in teambuilder before or after being challenged by the leader?