[SPOILER] Possible Jackpot Starters?

NeoVexus

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AFAIK you can get Ralts, Axew, and Eevee. The chance to get them is very low and considering that you may want to soft reset for IV/Nature it's more practical to just give yourself the one you want via RPGM. It's not cheating since you'd easily get one legitimately...eventually.

Yeah you don't reset for natures on the jackpot starters - just take it any of the ones you want when you get it, and then breed it later if it sucks, much less time consuming than trying to reroll the jackpot multiple times.

Hah, another 2 hours and failed to get another jackpot. I did however get Cyndaquil 10 times in a row at one point.

I think I'll stick with the Ralts. Trying to get an Axew is not worth your sanity. :D

EDIT: Right after I made this post, I got a second jackpot with another Ralts, this time with a better nature and IVs. I'll take it.

Edited by Alilatias

Hah, another 2 hours and failed to get another jackpot. I did however get Cyndaquil 10 times in a row at one point.

I think I'll stick with the Ralts. Trying to get an Axew is not worth your sanity. :D

EDIT: Right after I made this post, I got a second jackpot with another Ralts, this time with a better nature and IVs. I'll take it.

Nearly lost mine but finally..,..

How do any of you guys have the patience required to soft reset for so long?

I gave up trying to get the jackpot starters as soon as the game threw a torchic with good IVs and speed boost at me.

As much as I'd want to have Eevee as my starter, I'm not going to soft reset a million-billion times just to get a decent one.

whats the rate to get a axew or ralts? and can u change that (like with the program gemini you can thange the shiny rate)

I've looked it up in RPGMaker (towards the beginning of the release when I spent an hour resetting looking for a different starter I was starting to question if I was just being trolled and there wasn't anything special in the random machine and wanted to make sure):

First there's a random number between 1-19, where the first 18 correspond to the normal starters and if it lands on 19 it generates another random number between 1-50, where one of those numbers corresponds to ralts another to axew, and if it's any other number it will reroll the entire process from the beginning.

Run the math on that and you'll get that there's a 1/902 chance of getting one of Axew/Ralts in particular, or a 1/451 of getting either one of the two. Presumably with Eevee included this will be changed to 1/903 and 1/301 respectively, assuming the second RNG is still between 1-50.

I've looked it up in RPGMaker (towards the beginning of the release when I spent an hour resetting looking for a different starter I was starting to question if I was just being trolled and there wasn't anything special in the random machine and wanted to make sure):

First there's a random number between 1-19, where the first 18 correspond to the normal starters and if it lands on 19 it generates another random number between 1-50, where one of those numbers corresponds to ralts another to axew, and if it's any other number it will reroll the entire process from the beginning.

Run the math on that and you'll get that there's a 1/902 chance of getting one of Axew/Ralts in particular, or a 1/451 of getting either one of the two. Presumably with Eevee included this will be changed to 1/903 and 1/301 respectively, assuming the second RNG is still between 1-50.

T00 m4|\|Y N3mB3rZ. I can't handle the maths. Now we know that when he said "Jackpot" he wasn't kidding... Good work for finding and posting this. Now y'all can move on with your lives

Nice to see some correct math for once haha, people have a habit of miscalculating probabilities like this.

lol so thats why ive seen more shinies then jackpots...

• 3 weeks later...

And I was dumb enough to press f12 like a madman so that I even pressed when I got the message JACKPOT ! . Oh well lets go all over again.

same here, after an houre of softresetting, i get the jackpot evee, but i pressed F12 in stead of enter

then after an half hour i got axew...

Edited by gryson

You can get Ralts after Valor Mountain, and Axew in Mystery Egg. Idk about Eevee

So glad that i got the axew instead ralts. But the axew is power tho. I had a hard time beating the 3rd gym without it but now i spammed 3 dragon dances and ohko'ed every pokemon there.

Edited by WSGreen

I've been going for about 5 days trying to get an anticipation Eevee, and I'm damn near ready to lose my mind. This isn't anything important, I just needed to vent.

Oh my Arceus ignore me. I forgot about ability capsules. Sorry, I'm a dumb.

Edited by ScarletGhost