Pokemon Revelation Ep. 2.3

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Global Mods

When I got into the secret tunnel, it was physically impossible to get more than a few steps so I thought getting the Eevee was the only way to continue the game?

I haven't played since finishing episode 2 months ago, but I'm pretty sure you do need to get the Eevee, yes.

I also had a problem with the tiles when getting Eevee, but I forget how I got past it.

Okay so, I literally just started the game a bit ago and I have to say so far I love the concept! Just from the beginning scene (before you pick your name, gender, etc.) I can tell that I'm going to like where this game is going. The thing is there are a lot of spelling and grammatical errors in the very beginning and I mean even just the first ten minutes of gameplay-- which is about where I got because my game froze after I saw Eevee run down the street (and I hadn't saved yet).;^; I'm really excited to play this game though because it looks so good! So, off to restart it I suppose--

EDIT: I restarted just a few minutes ago (since the game froze last time) and it did the exact same thing. Right after you see the Eevee walk away, I can no longer move. I'm not sure if it's just my character seeing as the NPCs still move, but I can't even open the menu. Any suggestions on how to fix this would be great.

I restarted just a few minutes ago (since the game froze last time) and it did the exact same thing. Right after you see the Eevee walk away, I can no longer move. I'm not sure if it's just my character seeing as the NPCs still move, but I can't even open the menu. Any suggestions on how to fix this would be great.

I had this problem as well and had to restart a few times for it to work. What I ended up doing was saving the game just after getting out the house, and then going after the Eevee. Every time I got stuck I would just close it and open the game to that save point. It took me about 3 tries, but then I got through it :) Once you see the creepy guy leave the building you should be able to walk again :)

Edited by GalacticMarshmallow

• 4 weeks later...

I found a couple of minor bugs.

1) "Graphics/Characters/trainer036.png" has a white background.

2) In the lab on Route 2, there is a bookshelf with a paper called "The Aftermath of the Fall". When asked if I want to read it, the "Yes/No" options trigger the opposite answer.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm going to have to boot up the game again to double check since it's been nearly a year since I tested the game, but I remember the door being lower, along the building to the bottom.

I don't remember ever stepping foot into the train area above, because the NPCs did mention that the actual trains weren't running due to some Pokemon outbreak or something.

Edited by Alilatias

One of the NPCs point out that the last ticket machine thing is still on and another mentions dropping her ticket somewhere in the flower field. So you can pick it up and get inside. There's some stuff that happens there which may or may not affect the story progression (I can't tell since I didn't get far enough in my last run).

Thanks for trying though :) I might try starting over again :)

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, Shattered here. 

There's an announcement I have to make that most of you probably already guessed by now. I should've made this announcement a few months back but I was fairly uncertain about my decision and stuff came up. Now I am certain about my choice and willing to say it.

I have discontinued my work on Pokemon Revelation.

I'm sorry for everybody who has enjoyed the game and looked forward to ep 3.  I'm truly sorry about this. As for why the main reason is simply the scope of the project is far beyond me. This project was originally supposed to be comparable to Reborn and Rejuvenation when I first began. I planned this to be a two year project and complete around roughly 16 episodes. But, I fell short of that goal only having two episodes done when i should have four done. I tried to cut down the amount of episodes I had to do but it was still too many and working on the game quickly became a haunting chore. In the end I started to really despise working on the game thinking about all the work I had to do and with my entrance into college I decided it was best to cut my losses and discontinue my work. 

That being said I really don't want this to be the end of making a pokemon fangame for me. I do have a smaller project in the works, a five-ish episode game that should circumvent the problems I had while making Revelation including the reason for my burnout. However, to be frank it's still something I'm not certain I want to do and mostly juts a plan right now. if it ever makes it to ep 2 i'll post it on the Reborn Forums.

Again I'm sorry for this and I'll get a mod to to change the title. Thank you all for playing the game and again I'm sorry.......

• 1 month later...
On 12/9/2016 at 1:21 AM, doombotmecha said:

hey, burnouts, they happen! 

I'm so happy for what we got out of this--a game that explores what happens if you end up in hot water without a pokemon, if only for one scene.

that scene is the one in the beginning or somewhere after the first gym?
cuz im still trying to find my way to the next town (no cut / rock smash  found yet)

• Global Mods
10 minutes ago, ShadeStrider said:

I love with the idea for this game but for with the sake of good ness sake Please fix with the Grammar.

I purposefully used grammar incorrectly in the previous sentence to show you how ridiculous it sounds.

Revelation has been discontinued. See the post four posts above yours.