[Spoilers] E16 Status Discussion

Amethyst

• Developers

Are all the Pokemon sprites going to go black after using that move? Seems like a lot work recoloring them for that move, even though there are very few who actually use it.

I'm not completely familiar with the animation system that rpg maker uses but I think black/gray is overlayed automatically on the sprite depending on the shape, could be wrong though.

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Developers

A few notes: Sadly the julia sprite version isn't the one going into the game, mostly because ame's a loser. if the community wants to riot about this just let it be known that i didn't suggest those types of actions to take place

secondly yeah the crispy black is done automatically through the editor and sadly, unless we made different moves to put on special pokemon (an explosion with a different internal name that only julia's electrode knew that used the julia version of explosion, for example) we actually couldn't make them different based on situations at all!

Anyway given it's my first animation i ended up completing I'm glad y'all like it and maybe i might do another one given this one took me like a month of procrastination to do oops.

A few notes: Sadly the julia sprite version isn't the one going into the game, mostly because ame's a loser. if the community wants to riot about this just let it be known that i didn't suggest those types of actions to take place

secondly yeah the crispy black is done automatically through the editor and sadly, unless we made different moves to put on special pokemon (an explosion with a different internal name that only julia's electrode knew that used the julia version of explosion, for example) we actually couldn't make them different based on situations at all!

Anyway given it's my first animation i ended up completing I'm glad y'all like it and maybe i might do another one given this one took me like a month of procrastination to do oops.

How can one even go through a whole month of procrastination ?

A few notes: Sadly the julia sprite version isn't the one going into the game, mostly because ame's a loser.

can't you release a file somewhere so I can actually use that one in Reborn? ;]

It does look pretty awesome Inuki~

now self-destruct

• Developers

So idk if this is even a secret but once the game is finished there's gonna be an inuki version of the game where i just shove in a bunch of (mostly stupid and silly) shit that I like/want/just thought of and said "yeah that sounds like a terrible idea lets fuckin' do it" and that animation will definitely be in it don't you worry

(i can also do that tho, yes :])

• Administrators

All that talk about firing Marco

Kinda made me wanna fire Marco.

Now ft. Dan's Onix in..

Meteor Mash

giphy.gif

(ty dan for higher quality gif thing too)

by the way did you know field effect backgrounds are really useful for making move animation bgs?

not that im saying anything here.

Now ft. Dan's Onix in..

Meteor Mash

giphy.gif

by the way did you know field effect backgrounds are really useful for making move animation bgs?

wow i like this to much pοwer

Now ft. Dan's Onix in..

Meteor Mash

giphy.gif

Cosmic field confirmed

The amount of Budew abuse in this thread is staggering all of a sudden, why am I not surprised

Meteor Mash looks pretty cool, I like how it's more meteor-esque than it is a punch that happens to be flying through space, like it's usually animated as. (Well, so far as I can recall, anyway, haven't seen the animation for it since RSE...)

Also please do not fire Marco, he has so much to live for. :c

Whoa Meteor Mash looks amazing!

Just a question though - so are only moves that already have an in-game animation, being redone? What about the rest of the moves that don't have one at the moment?

(i can also do that tho, yes :])

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Now ft. Dan's Onix in..

Meteor Mash

giphy.gif

SolidSnake

>SolidSnake

>SOLIDSNAKE

I hate you so much right now, Dan.

great animation tho. IGN gives a 7.8/10 too much background

Mash looks a bit different from what I'm used to but none the less is still extremely rad~ I remember playing my first rpgmaker pokemon game and a lot of the moves were just little "thumps" with a hitting sound so these are all a breath of fresh air :>

This meteor mash looking nice and powerful! So is this just special or the M's are in the redesigning stage?

First the gym guy and now Marco? You are a cruel, cruel person Ame...

All dinosaur fossil mons are weak to Meteor Mash except Shieldon and Bastiodon. Hell, Amaura and its evo have a double weakness. So, that's a good guess :P

Animations look awesome. Except Bubblebeam. Gen1 Water Ame hate, now for moves as well. Free and unleash Psyduck.

Do all these animations already have been paired with the soundbites?

Oh, right. That's a thing now. Flying type master race. Seriously though, everyone start catching and training pidoves. You know what comes next. And also, have you ever noticed Hail is relatively useless? I kinda hope it gets a buff someday. Since Rain and sun boost/decrease move power, and sandstorm has the SpeDef boost for rock types... Hail has, what? 100% blizzard accuracy?

Hail also doubles the freeze chance of Blizzard, i believe. brings it up to like 20%. Still, not nearly as useful as it could be. Maybe if it factored in type? In the same way Stealth Rocks does.