[Spoilers] E16 Status Discussion

Amethyst

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

One post of that sort was bad enough, come on guys. Please try to have something that actually contributes if you must note the progress, especially when like five other people have already done so.

That said, I've finished hidden items in all the places that were noted as needing them, I think. That, of course, includes the restored city. which had stuff all over the streets previously. There's less of that now. There are less hidden items in the city in general, for obvious reasons, but they're still there. Happy hunting c:

That said, I've finished hidden items in all the places that were noted as needing them, I think. That, of course, includes the restored city. which had stuff all over the streets previously. There's less of that now. There are less hidden items in the city in general, for obvious reasons, but they're still there. Happy hunting c:

God bless.

Keep up the great work ame and co. you're in the home stretch.

Can't wait to play E16's beta literally two minutes after it releases and find 80 million bugs in the story areas just like E15.

One post of that sort was bad enough, come on guys. Please try to have something that actually contributes if you must note the progress, especially when like five other people have already done so.

Thank god. I went through every map (excluding house and such) with the itemfinder twice after a while you realise what kind of dump reborn (not only the city) was. Let's hope I have to spend less time on it.

will we be having a alpha and beta progress bar for this when develements finished "will save alot of the how long will it take" "hows the beta comming" queestions

It's very hard to show progress for something that's very...sporadic. The episode has an unknown amount of errors which well have to be found. What if I asked you how many questions and the answers to the question on a final exam are going to be on the first day? These go through weekly cycles until the game is ready for the next stage. I predict two weeks for Alpha and two weeks for the Beta. So chances are Sun and Moon will be out shortly before Reborn E16 is so you can enjoy the new Pokes as a distraction. Probably for the better tbh.

As for people who ask about when is the episode going to be released, I will personally respond with a pic of Fern standing in a lava pit saying "They can wait another week now." Or something along those lines.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

There really isn't that much else to talk about and as much as I want to create a post with 100 pics celebrating 100% when it happens, I will refrain. Though I really like how there's a bunch of hidden items in clever places such as the Rare Candy found in E15 after the Maison fight. Gonna be fun going on a treasure hunt, though I predict this one will be a very, very long treasure hunt.

We've never done progress for alpha and beta before, and probably won't again, since those are both difficult to gauge progression for.

I predict two weeks for Alpha and two weeks for the Beta.

Your optimism makes me happy but betas for much smaller episodes have lasted at least two weeks so I'd give it at least a month.

Your optimism makes me happy but betas for much smaller episodes have lasted at least two weeks so I'd give it at least a month.

Even though I've been around since Episode VII, I've only done one beta test so far so I wouldn't know.

I've always wondered this, but do you randomly choose which items you decide to place in hidden locations? Or is it more of placing items where they would logically be found. Obviously, I'm not talking about items like the "rare candy" or "Oddishweed" which are hidden and activate events

Edited by Lucky1998

It's very hard to show progress for something that's very...sporadic. The episode has an unknown amount of errors which well have to be found. What if I asked you how many questions and the answers to the question on a final exam are going to be on the first day? These go through weekly cycles until the game is ready for the next stage. I predict two weeks for Alpha and two weeks for the Beta. So chances are Sun and Moon will be out shortly before Reborn E16 is so you can enjoy the new Pokes as a distraction. Probably for the better tbh.

As for people who ask about when is the episode going to be released, I will personally respond with a pic of Fern standing in a lava pit saying "They can wait another week now." Or something along those lines.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

There really isn't that much else to talk about and as much as I want to create a post with 100 pics celebrating 100% when it happens, I will refrain. Though I really like how there's a bunch of hidden items in clever places such as the Rare Candy found in E15 after the Maison fight. Gonna be fun going on a treasure hunt, though I predict this one will be a very, very long treasure hunt.

i kinda predict that too or maybe a 3rd beta week coz of revamp of the city andall but i was lookign at the rejuvination v8 status thread and when the developement hit 100% a bar for alpha appeared i was thinking if that could some how be applied to reborn updates that could get rid of a few of the noncence posts.

i need to find some of those pics.

Say, is it a good idea to get all the hidden quest / pokemon done now in preparation ?
Part of me wants to save metagross for future episode, the other part wonders what if Ame changes metagross to something better ( salamence / Garchomp yo.. okay maybe not better, I just like them more than meta)

Honestly a picture of Fern standing in a lava pit is something I would gladly have.

I really want to see him in pain.

Say, is it a good idea to get all the hidden quest / pokemon done now in preparation ?

Part of me wants to save metagross for future episode, the other part wonders what if Ame changes metagross to something better ( salamence / Garchomp yo.. okay maybe not better, I just like them more than meta)

It is entirely possible she will add something in Beldum's place, since the main reason it was axed is that is would take a steaming dump all over Adrienn (and possibly Hardy and Saphira too). But considering how out of the way it is, I think it might be something like a TM since no other mon off the top of my head would fit there.

Who said he'd be the one in pain

hcapture011.jpg

Thank you for this Godsend. While I won't be hyping over the percentage like a schoolgirl, I will say I'm glad to finally continue again in the land of Reborn. I'm willing to wait as long as it takes, because these two upcoming months are worth the wait in general with all this hype! I mean seriously, Sun and Moon, information about the NX? Skyrim Special Edition? My BIRTHDAY coming up in November? Sign me up on the hype train for October and November, people!

• Administrators

I've always wondered this, but do you randomly choose which items you decide to place in hidden locations? Or is it more of placing items where they would logically be found. Obviously, I'm not talking about items like the "rare candy" or "Oddishweed" which are hidden and activate events

Ame has a notepad file that's a list of "random hidden items" in which more throwaway items are listed multiple times, so we just dump it into a list randomiser on random.org and go through it dropping items in places. There's nothing especially valuable on the list but I did a nice thing for everyone and mostly avoided basic bitch potions and pokeballs this time. If I come across a "#gems" I pick a type gem that fits the location- for example, there's a newly-explorable area in E16 that has all three of Fire, Rock, and Water Gems. In a similar vein if something doesn't especially make sense in a given area, it's overlooked- for another example, I skipped over a number of things, including berries and pokesnax, while I was looking for things to put in underwater areas.

I'm honestly sad as this game gets close to completion as I'll probably never enjoy replaying another game as much as this one (minus smash brothers) That said this isn't the only game yall are developing right??????????

• Global Mods

I'm honestly sad as this game gets close to completion as I'll probably never enjoy replaying another game as much as this one (minus smash brothers) That said this isn't the only game yall are developing right??????????

Ame has another game planned (not a fangame, a game made from scratch) after Reborn called Starlight Divide.

Who said he'd be the one in pain

hcapture011.jpg

I'm the only one who gets extremely annoyed by Fern smirk face. I'm usually a calm person in game but everytime fern shows his face, I feel like murdering him so bad.

p/s : I think i read it somewhere Starlight Divide will be a strategic game similar to Fire Emblem ?? I hope we get to see it in near future. ( probably within 4-5 years? )

Edited by thedeath245