[Spoilers] E16 Status Discussion

Amethyst

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Global Mods

Consider what the two Pokemon are based off of. I'd be very surprised if there weren't carnivorous Pokemon out there.

They're not the only Pokemon based off species that eat each other on Earth. You could say the same thing about birds and worms (which I mentioned with Taillow/Swellow and Wurmple).

I believe ants are one of the soulless animals since they just do mindless eating and reproducing with no other purpose than to make more ants, and don't have personalities. I don't really know anything about anteaters besides they eat ants and they have a nose similar to an elephant trunk, and I think that style of nose/snout/trunk is cute. ^.^

That being said, with the factors of happiness and affection and possibility of disobedience in some situations, I believe all Pokemon have souls, even ones based on animals that don't. The nice thing about the fact that a Pokemon would never be shown eating another Pokemon on-screen is that players get to fill in the blanks with their own interpretations (or not think about it at all if they're not interested), so I can apply my own "Pokemon don't eat other Pokemon" logic based on the logic of what I believe to be our real planet. Just like with Pokemon's silent protagonists, we can imagine them with our own personalities if we want.

EDIT @ Commander @ the many entries prove it: I'm not sure what MD stands for but again, I don't consider those a reliable source. Not with the contradictions (like Slugma) and exaggerations (like Magcargo being 10,000 times hotter than the sun) and such.

idk why people are even trying to convince me that some Pokemon eat others though because I said I'd stop playing if that was the case ._. I don't think there's anything currently that would convince me but I don't want to have to stop playing Pokemon. I like playing Pokemon. So I'm requesting that we end this conversation here.

because everyone knows a Sharpedo's diet consists of kelp and the occasional gin and tonic.

jokes aside, if some pokeymans are based off animals, it wouldn't be unusual to assume that they share similar characteristics, especially if their biology indicates a specific function in food consumption.

ANYWAY, glad to see development progressing so quickly! since we're so close to 90%, I'm excited to see what the new field effect will be. maybe one more catered for Adrienne's gym battle?

• Global Mods

because everyone knows a Sharpedo's diet consists of kelp and the occasional gin and tonic.

jokes aside, if some pokeymans are based off animals, it wouldn't be unusual to assume that they share similar characteristics, especially if their biology indicates a specific function in food consumption.

1. Like I said, I'm going by the logic of the planet I believe is our real home rather than Earth logic, which I explained across the posts I made.

2. I said I wanted to end the conversation (and also the whole "I don't want to have to stop playing Pokemon on the off-chance someone can actually convince me" thing), so please don't reply to it anymore (including this post) ; ~ ; when people reply to it I feel the need to reply back and get the last word in because I assume if I don't respond people will think I didn't have an answer.

Oh yeah MD stands for Mystery Dungeon (the one I'm referring to is the explorer games). Something people tend to forget about in the old games is that NPCs had storylines going throughout the game. One such storyline was rescue team consisting of a Swellow, Wurmple, and I forget the third. The Wurmple you hear early on that he's afraid the Swellow is going to eat him since well he's a Worm more or less. Eventually the two confront each other and the Swellow says not to worry because he'd never think of eating a friend and/or comrade.

Here's the thing about all that stuff: Nintendo kidifies all of these concepts such as breeding due to their young audience. So on the surface and for the most part People nor Pokemon eat Pokemon. It's when you dig deeper you start learning about the darker parts of Pokemon hidden from children. There are many mysteries to Pokemon that we will never be able to confirm or deny by design.

• Global Mods

Oh. Well, I consider Mystery Dungeon games a separate universe from the main series that involves badge-collecting, so at worst that would just make me unable to play Mystery Dungeon anymore. I've already beaten the Mystery Dungeon games and I remember reading that Super Mystery Dungeon is the last one they plan to make. If I play MD again and I'm really into it but the dialogue effects me that much I could try convincing myself that either the eating is non-literal and it's just Wurmple being afraid of Swellow because Bug is a bad matchup against Flying, or it was comedy and not actually serious (I could try stretching it really far and say it was fourth wall breaking), since I don't think that really fits in with the rest of the atmosphere of the Mystery Dungeon games with the themes of friendship and teamwork.

Can we please end this conversation now, though? (this is directed at everyone) I've asked twice previously for it to end. It's no one's fault because no one could've known how I was going to react to the subject matter but I didn't really expect the last conversation about what the protagonist has done and what happens to wild Pokemon to turn into this. It's exhausting in more than one way and my feelings about talking about whether Pokemon eat Pokemon can be summed up as having a possessed chandelier (not Chandelure, just a regular chandelier that's possessed) slowly putting one of its candles into my mouth. It's not lit but it tastes like a mixture of wax, electricity, the smell of something that was burning not long ago, and for some reason shampoo.

I think Adrienne's field is going to be misty terrain.

I'm pretty sure it was confirmed that it's not going to be like this. I'm not sure where, but it has to do with the fact that the field can easily be turned against Adrienn and make the battle waaayy too easy. Also, WHAT THE HECK?!?! ONLY 11% LEFT?!?!?! It seems like just about a year ago, we were only at 1% :P

Edited by supertrainer234

It's been 1 year, 3 months, 19 days, 18 hours, and 26 minutes since this topic was opened.

But who's counting...

h O L Y f U C K

I knew the wait was long, but sweet jesus. Guess it's to be expected as we get farther in though with so much left to be done near the end.

Anyway, I've been thinking. What if the main goal of this episode isn't something in reborn city? It's basically confirmed we'd be going back, but will our objective actually be there? There's still so much left to do up north like seizing Labradorra and getting to the top of agate circus' ferris wheel, taking back agate, getting all of our shit back from El and the desert. There's honestly so many directions we can go now due to having fly and it's crazy. Can't wait to see where and what happens.

and I remember reading that Super Mystery Dungeon is the last one they plan to make

Source? Or are you just remembering the time I speculated it in the game's respective thread? And even then I wasn't so much saying "they won't" as much as I was saying "it'd make no sense if they did unless they rebooted it or something"

EDIT: In case anyone wondered why I said that,

The game has you mapping out the entire planet, including all the areas where the previous games take place. If they made another mystery dungeon, they'd have to either A: make it all the same as SMD which is dumb, B: invent a new continent which is also dumb because how did you not notice it in the last game, or C: reboot the series and take place on a different planet

• Global Mods

Source? Or are you just remembering the time I speculated it in the game's respective thread? And even then I wasn't so much saying "they won't" as much as I was saying "it'd make no sense if they did unless they rebooted it or something"

I was remembering the time you speculated it, but I didn't remember it was speculation so I thought you read it in an interview.

EDIT @ Pyrrhon: Ame said there probably won't be a ferris wheel and there'll just be NPCs blocking it off since she doesn't feel like making a ferris wheel tileset.

EDIT @ Pyrrhon: Ame said there probably won't be a ferris wheel and there'll just be NPCs blocking it off since she doesn't feel like making a ferris wheel tileset.

Aaaww. i was kinda hoping to be able to ride it just with the hope of getting a glimpse of agate city but i guess not :(

h O L Y f U C K

I knew the wait was long, but sweet jesus. Guess it's to be expected as we get farther in though with so much left to be done near the end.

Anyway, I've been thinking. What if the main goal of this episode isn't something in reborn city? It's basically confirmed we'd be going back, but will our objective actually be there? There's still so much left to do up north like seizing Labradorra and getting to the top of agate circus' ferris wheel, taking back agate, getting all of our shit back from El and the desert. There's honestly so many directions we can go now due to having fly and it's crazy. Can't wait to see where and what happens.

I doubt it. The thing with our goal being in any of the places you named, means that the places would need to be mapped, and considering how much work Ame put into re-mapping the city ( and the fact that the status thread says all the mapping is done ), it's pretty clear that we aren't going anywhere else.

• Administrators

The progress is going to fast! SLOW DOWN!!!!

Make me.

--

so remember when i said this

continuing to work on the last side dungeon is slow. im in micropuzzle hell and after spending many time mapping what should have been a very simple puzzle but definitely was not, it out it occurred to me that i dont actually know how to code it in a way that won't make my eyes melt out of my face

yeah so actually it turns out im somewhat okay at this kind of thing. i figured out a good way to do it and tore through the whole thing today.

also did some graphicky stuff for story, my hope is to finish mapping the area tomomo along with final eventing for the last sidequest dungeon and then i'll be in super good shape, can more or less just charge through story events the rest of the week.

we hit 90 so i can post the next field... second to last field, yikes.

but yeah ill post it when i feel like it... if you all deserve it.

Let us all consider all evidence that contradicts our personal point of view as part of a different universe that does not apply to our self-imposed idea of the pokemon world. Worse, let's expand that to the everyday life. This should come in handy in avoiding all negative emotions.

@Ame, do not reveal the field just for the lolz.

Let us all consider all evidence that contradicts our personal point of view as part of a different universe that does not apply to our self-imposed idea of the pokemon world. Worse, let's expand that to the everyday life. This should come in handy in avoiding all negative emotions.

and this is how religions came into existence.

I didn't want to say anything, but... Yeah, you pretty much just summed it up here.

Uh,oh,ah so hyped for next episode i think it will be early christmas present for us ;D

Btw is somewhere Facebook Fan page on Pokemon Reborn like official with Ame knowledge?

• Global Mods

@Ame, do not reveal the field just for the lolz.

1. I consider the spin-offs different from the handheld series, and each spin-off universe different from each other, just like how the games and anime are two separate universes. Mystery Dungeon has no relation to the main series, and the Ranger games have no relation to Mystery Dungeon, Colosseum and XD weren't even made by Game Freak (they were made by another company called Genius Sonority), etc. Even then, I didn't deny that the Wurmple and Swellow thing happened when it was explained.

2. I don't believe it's possible to avoid all negative emotions. The planet I believe is our real home isn't a perfect place with no problems either, it just doesn't have Earth darkness.

3. I ASKED THREE TIMES (FOUR NOW) IF WE COULD END THIS CONVERSATION, AND SAID PLEASE EACH TIME ; ~ ; I never even wanted this conversation to begin with. The only reason I replied was because someone who replied to me mentioned it in the wild Pokemon conversation (as in if someone brought it up but I wasn't in the convo and was never addressed I wouldn't have replied), and whenever someone says something in reply to what I said to this I have the urge to reply back because if I don't I think people will think I had no answer. So please, for the fourth time, please stop replying to and acknowledging this conversation, including not replying to this post.

@ Login, Dig In

@ ICSW, I can assure you nobody will think lowly of you if you decide not to reply. As every conversation ultimately comes to an end, not everyone feels this urge to reply everytime someone makes a comment on a specific matter. It is an urge you need to battle yourself. If the discussion goes that way, and you do not wish to be part of it, abstain from commenting. It's not about you anyway. You are just the only one supporting the other side, in fact with the sole argument that you don't consider any of what is aready mentioned as reliable or part of the same universe.

As for the pokedex entries, exaggeration and writing down observations are two different things. Sure, a 10yo trainer could touch a Magcargo, feel the burn and instantly rage about how the pokemon is hotter than the sun. At the same time, for a person to note down the diet of a certain pokemon, they must have seen it hunt down and feast upon its prey. This is a non-realistic environment with animals that have such abilities they can decimate a normal planet, so parts of it are bound to be illogical and not follow their real counterparts (if any). There is not going to be explicit note about it, and no NPC from a main series game will make direct dialogue about it, but hints can drop at any time. The reason they won't is due to the target audience; children. One could imagine the all feast on berries or nothing at all. Others could spot clues here and there and decide it's not really different. I first knew about it when in Gen1 I spoke with a chef in SS Anne who made an omelette. Nevertheless, one could make a different thread discussing the dietary preferences of various pokemon families and move the discussion there.