[Spoilers] E16 Status Discussion

Amethyst

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest, despite all the hype that I feel for E16, the long period before its realease was a treat... Before that, I was too lazy to use anything besides my team of 6 which I used in every gym battle. But since I wanted to play regardless of the new episode being out or not, I stumbled across so many Pokémon and sidequests that I was able to now have 43 Pokémon available for rotation, all of which have reached lvl 79 by now. (4 OU, 14 UU, 1 BL2, 6 RU, 3 NU, 14 PU and 1 NFE----> Damn you, Linkstones).

Right now, I feel like Blue in RBY when he said: "[...] Not only that, I assembled teams that would beat any Pokémon type."

To be honest, despite all the hype that I feel for E16, the long period before its realease was a treat... Before that, I was too lazy to use anything besides my team of 6 which I used in every gym battle. But since I wanted to play regardless of the new episode being out or not, I stumbled across so many Pokémon and sidequests that I was able to now have 43 Pokémon available for rotation, all of which have reached lvl 79 by now. (4 OU, 14 UU, 1 BL2, 6 RU, 3 NU, 14 PU and 1 NFE----> Damn you, Linkstones).

Right now, I feel like Blue in RBY when he said: "[...] Not only that, I assembled teams that would beat any Pokémon type."

Yeah I used a lot of the time between episodes to plan teams out and train some less used threats. Shoutouts to Abomasnow and many of the Ametrine Mountain pokemon.

Wait wait, whats all this about saying goodbye forever what, whats going on? is a character going to die???

Ame said in one of the updates in the thread that we'd be saying goodbye to a character forever, so we're pretty sure that means someone is gonna die.

• Developers

Tfw everybody noticed and discussed Ame's plot reveal about saying goodbye to someone in her announcement, but when I hid a similarly interesting plot reveal in my most recent announcement like one person picked up on it and there was no discussion.

feelsbadman

• Global Mods

Tfw everybody noticed and discussed Ame's plot reveal about saying goodbye to someone in her announcement, but when I hid a similarly interesting plot reveal in my most recent announcement like one person picked up on it and there was no discussion.

feelsbadman

If you mean when you said we'll find out who the Champion is, I actually didn't know if you were Sirius.

feelsbadman

Maybe because the topic had already been discussed a lot, with only a few serious possibilities (my bet is on Anna). While a death in E16 is a completely new subject. Seems like when it comes to teasers, you still have a lot to learn from Ame :P

But if you want to progress, the best is probably to train with some more revelations 0:)

feelsbadman

Well you got sloppy seconds in terms of teasers as well as trying to hide the message instead of more teasing method at the end. Something more like:

"While this won't be coming to episode 16, a certain someone will. A champion to all. Are they good or are they evil? You'll have to play to find out."

There will be no changes in E16 in regards to the relationship variables. Ame is just getting them in there now so the choices can be recorded and she can make whatever impact from those choices if she feels it appropriate. But E16 will not be using those variables for anything of importance.

so in other words, restarting the game when e16 comes for the relationships wouldn't make sense as you won't be missing any relationship based events / dialogs ?

Edited by iskelion

• Global Mods

so in other words, restarting the game when e16 comes for the relationships wouldn't make sense as you won't be missing any relationship based events / dialogs ?

You'll be missing the actual variables as they're not retroactive, so you'd have to start over to get them. They just won't be used for anything yet.

You'll be missing the actual variables as they're not retroactive, so you'd have to start over to get them. They just won't be used for anything yet.

Ohhhh, so let me see if i got this correctly: e16 update will start recording variables from ep1 onward even though they won't have any effect till future updates (ep17 or beyond).

Is that correct ?

Ohhhh, so let me see if i got this correctly: e16 update will start recording variables from ep1 onward even though they won't have any effect till future updates (ep17 or beyond).

Is that correct ?

While the variables will hold values there is no guarantee that they will affect anything at all. This is where most users get the whole hype confusion storm going around. It's kind of like half the Hardcore updates I did. Many of the features I added were actually implemented 3 or 4 revisions (CoM it was like 8) before they could be used or accessed. I said altered dialogue was about it, but I believe Ame deconfirmed that for E16.

Now I want to post 50 more times to make that list, I don't think I would get away with that warning free however

Initiate the "Help Bagel Make The List" project. Okay, the name needs a bit of work, but you should focus on the objective.

It may be a stupid question, but where do you even see the number of post per person ?

The relationship variables won't have any effect for now, but Ame said something else could make a new run interesting. The question now is to know what