[Spoilers] E16 Status Discussion

Amethyst

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having only listened to the original before White Lapis, it caught me super off guard. It sounded a bit too slow, and... Minor might be the word I'm looking for. I felt a really heavy pensiveness with the first 10 or so seconds. The heavy bass notes definitely brought it down (Er, up). Reminds me in certain spots of a certain castle with a rat's tail from FF1.

Listening to it the second time through is definitely a more calming experience, but does anybody else hear like a weird peaking with the strong bass notes about halfway through and into the end?

There's not really reason for sakura trees to be in Reborn, especially in the city. As it is the trees are being transplanted from Jasper/Beryl, so they would have had to have been there.

Yesterday I did some more on Onyx, mostly with recoloring stuff and remapping the ward. Onyx was already in pretty good shape tbh so there wasn't a whole lot to do there but I'm still playing with colors, and will have to rebuild the stairway/rooftop.

also this

Hello.

I am in love.

That aside, upon second hearing, I do notice that the sound cracks a tiny bit with the strongest bass at a few points

Edited by Masquerain

• Administrators

I am going to pull back on the bass because I think it rendered a bit louder than I wanted it to. Probably because I had the fry effect in the original jammed so far up oops.

Anyway tonight's animation is Moonlight, background by yours truly and put together by Koyo.

h2zCkA7.gif

That said, Koyo unfortunately won't be able to stick around to keep on with the animation team, so Mde and Smeargle are the stars of the show from here out.

• Developers

I am going to pull back on the bass because I think it rendered a bit louder than I wanted it to. Probably because I had the fry effect in the original jammed so far up oops.

Anyway tonight's animation is Moonlight, background by yours truly and put together by Koyo.

h2zCkA7.gif

That said, Koyo unfortunately won't be able to stick around to keep on with the animation team, so Mde and Smeargle are the stars of the show from here out.

There's another real nice animation. Also Moonlight is Fairy Type now? I feel like I should've known that. I should have paid more attention to what Gen VI fairied up.

Another great animation. I like that!

It would be cool to have an animation showcase as soon as the next episode is released :)

Why does nobody ever want a bugfix showcase ;_;

In seriousness, I feel like part of the fun of the next episode will be seeing all the new animations as they're used.

There's another real nice animation. Also Moonlight is Fairy Type now? I feel like I should've known that. I should have paid more attention to what Gen VI fairied up.

Why does nobody ever want a bugfix showcase ;_;

In seriousness, I feel like part of the fun of the next episode will be seeing all the new animations as they're used.

But how many of those bugfix showcaes would just be you screaming to the heavens that Sucker Punch is finally fixed?

In all seriousness though, I'd kind of like to see a showcase of both. I distinctly remember an...interesting case of tiling in the WTC. And by tiling I mean "WHY CANI WALK THROUGH HERE THAT DOES NOT WORK THAT WAY". You all know the part. I'd love to see a bugfix showcase with snarky commentary along the lines of "So you remember this rail? Yeah we fixed it. It's no longer a ghost rail."

As for the White Lapis theme, I like it quite a lot. It's got a bit of mellowness that I think we'd be glad to have considering how...hectic, Reborn City has been this entire time.

h2zCkA7.gif

The animation for Moonlight is beautiful, as for the White Lapis theme it might just be me but it sounds like a theme used for sad or tragic situations.

Edited by The Swordsman

Ame, do you have a projected release date for ep 16, or is that a secret??

You had to ask. Now this date is pushed back two days :P

Edited by Busti

• Administrators

In all seriousness though, I'd kind of like to see a showcase of both. I distinctly remember an...interesting case of tiling in the WTC. And by tiling I mean "WHY CANI WALK THROUGH HERE THAT DOES NOT WORK THAT WAY". You all know the part. I'd love to see a bugfix showcase with snarky commentary along the lines of "So you remember this rail? Yeah we fixed it. It's no longer a ghost rail."

Minor errors like passability only take a second to fix (admittedly WTC is a little more finnicky, but in general) so that's not the kind of stuff Marcello does anyway. He takes on the more significant errors like, you know, sucker punch. again.

so if it's broken this time, blame him!!!

That said, Inuki has your snark on the minor errors covered:

SMoa0g2.png

RCa97H5.png

Ame, do you have a projected release date for ep 16, or is that a secret??

Release dates are just a social construct.

Finished Onyx today, mostly. The last part I can't do until I do Coral.

Started on Coral. Who'd have guessed.

My time/updating is going to get a bit spotty again over the next couple weeks because I'm having to pick up shifts at my job.

• Developers

Minor errors like passability only take a second to fix (admittedly WTC is a little more finnicky, but in general) so that's not the kind of stuff Marcello does anyway. He takes on the more significant errors like, you know, sucker punch. again.

SMoa0g2.png

RCa97H5.png

My time/updating is going to get a bit spotty again over the next couple weeks because I'm having to pick up shifts at my job.

Sucker Punch is probably gonna break again. I'm pretty sure it's a right of passage on this dev team to have to fix Sucker Punch at least twice, and I've only once it once soo....pls don't break sucker punch I tried really hard fixing you :c

Also Inuki really does have the snark in spades. I think my update logs have the very very occasional witty remark but I work late at night so I tend to have used up all my hilarity earlier in the day I mean it's not much hilarity anyway but it's still all used up whoops

Mine are reasonably often quite whimsical in that I often just write whatever comes to mind but, well...

bless that man inuki doin the lords work.

Inuki has much patience. Very wow.

Whenever I needed a good laugh I just go back here and read that again oh lordy

..Well, I really couldn't put it better than any of these.

SMoa0g2.png

RCa97H5.png

ohhhhhhhhhh my goodness my sides hurt after reading that. Inuki is a blessing to this community good gravy.

On a more relevant note, glad to see the the mapping is coming along well enough. You seem to have a knack for that stuff, Ame. And best wishes on the pick up shifts. Those aren't fun.

The animation looks really nice. Glad to wait for ep.16. Also a question how many animations being work on for ep.16 since there are 44 left according to status thread?

We're redoing all of the moves that currently have animations in default essentials, which is about 230 if I remember correctly.

Then if we have time we'll do some more, but that figure is is terms of how many of the original 230 are left. Most of those 44 have been started but just have small fixes being done to them.

• Administrators

So anyone know how long till the next ep?

this is a joke, right?

like this account was just made for the dank memes, right?

The animation looks really nice. Glad to wait for ep.16. Also a question how many animations being work on for ep.16 since there are 44 left according to status thread?

Mde's response above is correct (my actual working number was 235 plus or minus some commons). The animation team will keep working even past this number to get a head start on E17's animations, but it's probable that only these completed 235 will be released with E16 (and as a separate pack for other creators to use).

On a more relevant note, glad to see the the mapping is coming along well enough. You seem to have a knack for that stuff, Ame.

It's not so much a knack as it is experience. I've mentioned this before, but I've worked with RPG Maker for a lot of years and back when I was more active in the RM community I was both a frequent participant and judge of weekly mapping contests on a number of sites. This is old hat for me.

As a tangent, I -do- really enjoy mapping, but with Reborn I'm actually working pretty far below my actual capability. Part of this is just because some areas are not particularly inspired (for instance most of the early game, and smaller/generic caves), but mostly because I'm keeping to the gen 3 style. One thing I'm looking forward to with Starlight is getting back into panoramic mapping and being able to use customized light effects/fogs, negative space, and the whole bit.

Finished Coral tonight after tossing half of it into the chipper and starting from scratch, but I'm happy with the result.

OItqHaP.png

Three to go. Lapis is up next.

panoramic mapping and being able to use customized light effects/fogs, negative space, and the whole bit.

are those gonna increase the strain on my toaster laptop? :P

Finished Coral tonight after tossing half of it into the chipper and starting from scratch, but I'm happy with the result.

OItqHaP.png

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww