[Spoilers] E16 Status Discussion

Amethyst

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

today i got less done than i would have liked to, because i woke up to one of our chickens having died

i'm not really that affected, but, it made for a more eventful day than usual.

today idefinitely did not axe magnezone and metagross...did stuff!

such as replacing/updating several songs and started working on the new weather TV program to match the system update, from which i prompty realized the new weather system has a few minor bugs

so this was my evening:

1f8616f198854e4781aae25146fb2f16.png

Shit, this means I need to stop dicking around and actually get Beldum before the next episode

• Administrators

if you read the other replies, you would know the answer to that.

not really surprised the image broke; i noticed it was hosted by prntscrn, not imgur, and it always seems to have trouble when they do that.

yesterday's image

iIqYEsU.png

today's image

oOYIGx4.png

as such, continued on with more of the same today and little progress but something something a thousand ways to fail are just a thousand ways to succeed differently or whatever

if success is measured in undefined method errors, anyway.

Nothing I changed should affect how they decide to switch. That's a much larger kitten-kaboodle if it's going to be done well, and the AI entirely lacks the elements to actually make any kind of prediction right now anyway (i.e there's no metric for it to figure out how much damage it can expect to receive on the next turn with each Pokemon).

Check, check and double check. Radomus and Shelly's things were coded in previously but the 10+30% chance I mentioned before is why they weren't. Since that's gone, they should be figuring their shit out.

And if they don't, I'm going to 1v1 them at baron.

Air balloon wasn't related to anything I said I worked on, but I did add an AI handler for that too.

Today I finished off the city theme updates, re-added the stutter effect to the orphanage music, and swapped in some female variations of the Orderlies and Cultists, sprites courtesy of Jan.

Here's the battlers for the female Orderlies and New World Orderlies that will be appearing in E16.

ILNQWFL.pngzOZGnVY.png

R.I.P your poor chicken. I love these new white remixes, great job! Please correct me if I'm wrong but do these sprites suggest that not all of El's cult wants to join Team Meteor or is the white sprite from before they joined Team Meteor?

• Veterans

R.I.P your poor chicken. I love these new white remixes, great job! Please correct me if I'm wrong but do these sprites suggest that not all of El's cult wants to join Team Meteor or is the white sprite from before they joined Team Meteor?

The orderlies are Sigmunds work force :P

• Administrators

okay so i rewrote like half of the new (weather) scripts tonight and i actually think they're mostly working now!!!

except for the part where they mostly work indoors and not out instead of the reverse.

but that's... that's for tomorrow.

i also started injecting a bunch of relationship variables into the pre-existing story... for instance those choices throughout the game that don't impact the story line, will now influence the relationship variables of certain characters. since i'm just now putting them in, they won't be retroactive before E16, and even now I'm not 100% sure if or what I'll use them for (it'll be in post-game if at all). but, I want to get them in now so that they can at least have been in place for save files from 16 on.

i also started injecting a bunch of relationship variables into the pre-existing story... for instance those choices throughout the game that don't impact the story line, will now influence the relationship variables of certain characters. since i'm just now putting them in, they won't be retroactive before E16, and even now I'm not 100% sure if or what I'll use them for (it'll be in post-game if at all). but, I want to get them in now so that they can at least have been in place for save files from 16 on.

POKEMON REBORN DATING SIM YEAAAAAA BOIIIIIIIIII

okay so i rewrote like half of the new (weather) scripts tonight and i actually think they're mostly working now!!!

except for the part where they mostly work indoors and not out instead of the reverse.

but that's... that's for tomorrow.

Weather indoors is the best kind of weather anyway. Noel would appreciate it not being able to be sunny outside.

Relationship variables sound... interesting. I'm having awful flashbacks to a thread begging you to let the player character kiss all of the waifus or whatever the word is. Well, I guess another layer of depth is always good :D

I guess this is what the blue moon ice cream for Titania will effect?

I'm afraid that's probably not going to happen. I don't remember Fern having died in real life/league so he probably won't die in the game.... unfortunately...

Whoops! Ninja'd.

Edited by BreezyPonie

this weekend is animation reviews and scripting stuff and frankly nothing interesting to report so here have this instead

I've always wondered what's up with the last 20 seconds of the track. It feels so out of place to me when I hear it.