[Spoilers] E16 Status Discussion

Amethyst

• Developers

Smarter AI in EP 16? Oh boy. That could give me some serious troubles. You see I never use potions and similar items during a battle - only held items. And I always play with Battle Style Set. With these conditions Reborn is VERY challenging as it is.

But you know what? Bring it on!

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if better AI means that Shelly will actually use Rain Dance, Radomus will actually use Trick Room, and Terra won't spam Earthquake on Pokemon holding Air Balloons >>

Radomus actually using trick room would've made that battle so much harder, all of my pokemon were fast frail types.

• Administrators

I wonder if better AI means the leaders will switch Pokemon if they're at a disadvantage?

Nothing I changed should affect how they decide to switch. That's a much larger kitten-kaboodle if it's going to be done well, and the AI entirely lacks the elements to actually make any kind of prediction right now anyway (i.e there's no metric for it to figure out how much damage it can expect to receive on the next turn with each Pokemon).

I wonder if better AI means that Shelly will actually use Rain Dance, Radomus will actually use Trick Room, and Terra won't spam Earthquake on Pokemon holding Air Balloons >>

Check, check and double check. Radomus and Shelly's things were coded in previously but the 10+30% chance I mentioned before is why they weren't. Since that's gone, they should be figuring their shit out.

And if they don't, I'm going to 1v1 them at baron.

Air balloon wasn't related to anything I said I worked on, but I did add an AI handler for that too.

Today I finished off the city theme updates, re-added the stutter effect to the orphanage music, and swapped in some female variations of the Orderlies and Cultists, sprites courtesy of Jan.

Here's the battlers for the female Orderlies and New World Orderlies that will be appearing in E16.

ILNQWFL.pngzOZGnVY.png

I personally fixed that as my last bug fix. It's good now. That was honestly just a case of base essentials literally forgetting to include Air Balloon in the check for if it should use ground type moves.

Nothing I changed should affect how they decide to switch. That's a much larger kitten-kaboodle if it's going to be done well, and the AI entirely lacks the elements to actually make any kind of prediction right now anyway (i.e there's no metric for it to figure out how much damage it can expect to receive on the next turn with each Pokemon).

Check, check and double check. Radomus and Shelly's things were coded in previously but the 10+30% chance I mentioned before is why they weren't. Since that's gone, they should be figuring their shit out.

And if they don't, I'm going to 1v1 them at baron.

Air balloon wasn't related to anything I said I worked on, but I did add an AI handler for that too.

Today I finished off the city theme updates, re-added the stutter effect to the orphanage music, and swapped in some female variations of the Orderlies and Cultists, sprites courtesy of Jan.

Here's the battlers for the female Orderlies and New World Orderlies that will be appearing in E16.

ILNQWFL.pngzOZGnVY.png

Those female orderlies/cultist sprites are looking nice and powerful, and better AI is always fun/frustrating. Also kinda random question, but it's been on my mind for a while. Ame are you planning on doing a full Reborn let's play/walkthrough on your youtube channel when the game is totally finished?

Those orderlies look like veterans. O.O

Yay!!! Game fixes to screw me up even more. At least AI can be less taken advantage of and we could focus on actually logical strategies.

I just use random mons which I tend to find a connection with anyway. No actual strategies on my part. T T

(I actually use wish+aroma clerics on Reborn even if there are items, which is stupid.)

Im seriously worried about the AI improvement... In the playthrough i was doing they all did use Rain dance, trick room, etc. Heck T3RR4 didn't even really spam EQ on me... but i found her to be the easiest leader to date sooooo yeah.

On another note, Ame can we not give the E4 level 19+ AI? from what i've seen its more like E6-8 and i don't know if i have enough faith to handle 6-8 types with one pack :/ (unless you give us drain punch, poison jab, or ice punch TM then come at me sis)

Im seriously worried about the AI improvement... In the playthrough i was doing they all did use Rain dance, trick room, etc. Heck T3RR4 didn't even really spam EQ on me... but i found her to be the easiest leader to date sooooo yeah.

On another note, Ame can we not give the E4 level 19+ AI? from what i've seen its more like E6-8 and i don't know if i have enough faith to handle 6-8 types with one pack :/ (unless you give us drain punch, poison jab, or ice punch TM then come at me sis)

I'm pretty sure Reborn has an Elite 4. Rejuvenation has an Elite 8.

All I have to say is to man up already and stop whining. We are Rebornians. We enjoy suffering through countless of reattempts over breezing through a gym leader (cough Ciel cough) so wouldn't you rather struggle at what should be the hardest part of the game than to just sweep them or win by exploits. (Besides, the AI won't be that much different than what it is nowadays).

That reminds me, the whole Radomus won't do Trick Room was all due to a speed thing so Gallade was what stopped Radomus from doing it in the first place. It took me forever to realize that, but yeah...thank the heavens Shelly will use Rain Dance now.

You're confused my man, it's been specifically stated in game that there's only an E4 ( though there is about 8 POTENTIAL candidates for who they and the champion will ultimately be when we fight them ). Also I think no matter how much anyone asks Ame is gonna make them as difficult as humanly possible.

I'm pretty sure Reborn has an Elite 4. Rejuvenation has an Elite 8.

Ok good to know.

All I have to say is to man up already and stop whining. We are Rebornians. We enjoy suffering through countless of reattempts over breezing through a gym leader (cough Ciel cough) so wouldn't you rather struggle at what should be the hardest part of the game than to just sweep them or win by exploits. (Besides, the AI won't be that much different than what it is nowadays).

That reminds me, the whole Radomus won't do Trick Room was all due to a speed thing so Gallade was what stopped Radomus from doing it in the first place. It took me forever to realize that, but yeah...thank the heavens Shelly will use Rain Dance now.

Unlike Pokemon dark rising if you can't beat the E4 you can't hack your way to completion. Knowing me, I'll be at the e4 for 40+ hours since it took me 10 for ciel.

You're confused my man, it's been specifically stated in game that there's only an E4 ( though there is about 8 POTENTIAL candidates for who they and the champion will ultimately be when we fight them ). Also I think no matter how much anyone asks Ame is gonna make them as difficult as humanly possible.

So I gathered... And your right... QQ

I hope it's difficult, after the hours I've spent on the gym leaders and Meteor bosses, it would be disappointing to have an easy E4.

Assuming the level cap is increased to 100 after the last gym like every other pokemon game it may not be that hard, the level cap was always the hardest part for me. You could just grind your team.

Assuming the level cap is increased to 100 after the last gym like every other pokemon game it may not be that hard, the level cap was always the hardest part for me. You could just grind your team.

Unless the E4 is all level 100s :blink:

Well a lvl 100 E4 would make the post-game more interesting for completion or sidequests than for leveling your pokes. And as it has been said before, bring it on with fhe 19+ AI for the E4, after taking Charlotte nothing can be so horrible... To think I won Ciel the first time... Probably luck tho, I'm not a good trainer lol

• Administrators

today i got less done than i would have liked to, because i woke up to one of our chickens having died

i'm not really that affected, but, it made for a more eventful day than usual.

today idefinitely did not axe magnezone and metagross...did stuff!

such as replacing/updating several songs and started working on the new weather TV program to match the system update, from which i prompty realized the new weather system has a few minor bugs

so this was my evening:

1f8616f198854e4781aae25146fb2f16.png

today i got less done than i would have liked to, because i woke up to one of our chickens having died

i'm not really that affected, but, it made for a more eventful day than usual.

today idefinitely did not axe magnezone and metagross...did stuff!

such as replacing/updating several songs and started working on the new weather TV program to match the system update, from which i prompty realized the new weather system has a few minor bugs

so this was my evening:

1f8616f198854e4781aae25146fb2f16.png

sounds like you had a blast boss