[Spoilers] E16 Status Discussion

Amethyst

Ugh...Shade annoys me. Anyways, once again my (simplistic) take on things:

SHADE: Four screens foretold four souls' fortune forsaken, For, forsooth, from foreshadowed, only two [souls] will be taken.

All that means is that the four screens foretell bad things happening to four people, but only two screens foretell people actually dying. (Soul taken = soul dying). Nothing more, nothing less.

The screens are all true predictions, we were just wrong to assume they all lead to deaths.

I don't think it's as simple as that. It's a soul's fortune that is taken, and I don't think you can reduce a soul's fortune simply to the soul itself. And if you go with the all predictions are true (which I think they are), then I'm 99,99% sure that the last person which gets blown into pieces will die too, which results in 3 deaths out of 4 (Corey and Kiki being already dead). And also, in my opinion, a soul continues living after human death. I think there's more behind Shade's words than simplicity :)

Edited by Soprano

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think it's as simple as that. It's a soul's fortune that is taken, and I don't think you can reduce a soul's fortune simply to the soul itself. And if you go with the all predictions are true (which I think they are), then I'm 99,99% sure that the last person which gets blown into pieces will die too, which results in 3 deaths out of 4 (Corey and Kiki being already dead). I think there's more behind Shade's words than simplicity :)

But is it the soul or the soul's fortune that's being taken?

• Administrators

Got a lot misc scripting stuff sorted over the past couple days. My to-do list is down to under 400 items!! ...I know that's still a lot, but we're going places, okay?? About half of what's left is still fixing/polishing previous stuff, but we will get there eventually >~<

I feel compelled to reiterate that the existence of these other teams (the scripting/animation team) aren't serving to speed up development in the short term so much as they are taking time in development off of things I would need to do later. Because that's getting into the game sooner, even though this update is taking forever, I think it'll show when it's played through that the project as a whole is more polished both in terms of visuals (yay new animations and windowskins) and functionality (less bugs, new features like text-skip and internal volume control), as well as the quality-of-life stuff I'm rounding out like the Field App, PULSE Dex, speeding up battle flow and so on.

That said, in the future I'm also going to try and write down less retroactive things to change because this has been pretty ridiculous ngl.

Necessary, but ridiculous.

I always anticipate the nextarrow-10x10.png update, no matter how long it takes. Because I know that all the hard work that goes into such a gargantuan task is startingarrow-10x10.png to come together into something that will stun the community. I love this game because of how it's a break from the norm, so much story, such variety in play-ability, that's been needed for such a long time.

You take your time and know, that this Pokemon Reborn fan will wait as long as it takes for the next update and bringing of amazing content to come along, because it will always be worth it! Just like my mother's cookingarrow-10x10.png! Lol.

Just cause we saw the screens only after what happened with Corey doesn't mean that's when the videos(?) were recorded, it would've been foretold if they were created(?) before it happened.

I was actually going to address this exact point in my post, but I omitted it for length reasons.

Also, I figured it was WAY too nitpicky of a detail to hold any merit.

Edited by Foamy

Got a lot misc scripting stuff sorted over the past couple days. My to-do list is down to under 400 items!! ...I know that's still a lot, but we're going places, okay?? About half of what's left is still fixing/polishing previous stuff, but we will get there eventually >~<

I feel compelled to reiterate that the existence of these other teams (the scripting/animation team) aren't serving to speed up development in the short term so much as they are taking time in development off of things I would need to do later. Because that's getting into the game sooner, even though this update is taking forever, I think it'll show when it's played through that the project as a whole is more polished both in terms of visuals (yay new animations and windowskins) and functionality (less bugs, new features like text-skip and internal volume control), as well as the quality-of-life stuff I'm rounding out like the Field App, PULSE Dex, speeding up battle flow and so on.

That said, in the future I'm also going to try and write down less retroactive things to change because this has been pretty ridiculous ngl.

Necessary, but ridiculous.

Woot! 400 is less than 500! Or something! Anyways, you guys are doing an amazing job, and all the things you mentioned are absolutely worth the wait. In particular, I'm really happy that you guys are making an internal volume control. RPGMaker pokemon games always have the issue where even with a computer's natural volume control, the volume is too loud or too quiet. Good on you guys!

Technically, all the deaths we know of have been suicide, but not all have succeeded.

1. Corey jumps off Beryl Bridge and dies. It's a suicide, so Shade appears.

2. Kiki, who knows she is going to die, does her best to stop Team Meteor, and goes out protecting Reborn. It's not really a suicide, so no Shade

3. Amaria can handle the fact that Titania doesn't really love her, and tries to kill herself by jumping off the waterfall (Crystalline Cascade?). She lives, so Shade doesn't appear. He still appears to tell you that only two deaths will happen.

4. We have no idea who this is, though there are possibilities, so this person might live/die depending on if Corey's death counts.

Then there's this deal with the fifth screen in the power plant, so everything is just speculation until it shows up in game.

Also, the 4 deaths could mean the original holders of the 4 keys.

Technically, all the deaths we know of have been suicide, but not all have succeeded.

3. Amaria can handle the fact that Titania doesn't really love her, and tries to kill herself by jumping off the waterfall (Crystalline Cascade?). She lives, so Shade doesn't appear. He still appears to tell you that only two deaths will happen.

4. We have no idea who this is, though there are possibilities, so this person might live/die depending on if Corey's death counts.

3.The problem is, we don't know if Shade is fortelling that time when Amaria jumps off. All his screens show death, and he can probable tell if a character lives or not. It may have something to do with Amaria's amnesia

4. Actually, we probably do. Lin, the true boss of Team Meteor

Edited by wytch_doctr

text-skip

...Are you giving people the option to completely skip over crucial, plot-relevant dialogue? I dunno if that's a good idea.
(Although I'm guessing that this feature will mostly be used to skip huge chunks of text that occur before important battles, so you don't have to sit through the entire conversation again after each loss.)

Imagine Amaria finding out again that Titania doesn't love her and that she throws herself again down the waterfall with Titania trying to stop her, but this time Amaria actually dying and the screen foretelling exactly this happening instead of Amaria's first suicide attempt. That would be insane :D

And by the way, did you notice that weird pink floating stuff around Kiki's head? I wouldn't say it's her new fragrance from Chanel, it reminds me rather kinda of the chakras in Naruto. Or maybe she's a medium summoning spirits, and she has somehow that typical kneeling pose. If so, she has some witch powers and maybe she isn't dead because like in Harry Potter she continues living because of her horcruxes :P

Haha these theories out of nowhere :D

Edited by Soprano

Imagine Amaria finding out again that Titania doesn't love her and that she throws herself again down the waterfall with Titania trying to stop her, but this time Amaria actually dying and the screen foretelling exactly this happening instead of Amaria's first suicide attempt. That would be insane :D

And by the way, did you notice that weird pink floating stuff around Kiki's head? I wouldn't say it's her new fragrance from Chanel, it reminds me rather kinda of the chakras in Naruto. Or maybe she's a medium summoning spirits, and she has somehow that typical kneeling pose. If so, she has some witch powers and maybe she isn't dead because like in Harry Potter she continues living because of her horcruxes :P

It is definitely plausible that Amaria will try and commit suicide again. It is also plausible that she may be faking amnesia to reduce the stress on Titania.

but remember, these characters are based on real, actual people. For example, Sigmund did run the orphanage that housed Anna and Charlotte. And also, about Kiki : "Kiki is definitely dead. Her real life reborn league counterpart died (which is why Kiki dies in game) so I really don't see Ame randomly bringing her back to life."

It is definitely plausible that Amaria will try and commit suicide again. It is also plausible that she may be faking amnesia to reduce the stress on Titania.

but remember, these characters are based on real, actual people. For example, Sigmund did run the orphanage that housed Anna and Charlotte. And also, about Kiki : "Kiki is definitely dead. Her real life reborn league counterpart died (which is why Kiki dies in game) so I really don't see Ame randomly bringing her back to life."

So it was only Kiki's new fragrance from Chanel, alright :)

Amaria didn't die but what was shown in the screen was exactly what happened to her, so it's really weird if Lin survives that, assuming she is a human

Remember that time when Anna said she didn't see anybody on the Hydreigon? So Lin is almost certainly something finicky

• Administrators

...Are you giving people the option to completely skip over crucial, plot-relevant dialogue? I dunno if that's a good idea.

(Although I'm guessing that this feature will mostly be used to skip huge chunks of text that occur before important battles, so you don't have to sit through the entire conversation again after each loss.)

I am. Y'all can skip at your own risk.

But I imagine it'll mainly be used like you said, or in replays. I know that personally, since I've played the beginning of the game approximately 2947491 times, I'm very much appreciating it.

I am. Y'all can skip at your own risk.

But I imagine it'll mainly be used like you said, or in replays. I know that personally, since I've played the beginning of the game approximately 2947491 times, I'm very much appreciating it.

Wait till people begin to complain that they don't know where to go after skipping all the text