[Spoilers] E16 Status Discussion

Amethyst

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I REALLY hope we get mega evolutions in reborn episode 16 i have a charizard and a shiny gallade in my team.

Idk if all Megas are gonna be post game but the best ones (almost 100%) will be

Am I the only one that briefly thought I'd witnessed a triple post?

But just to stay on topic I'm certain that all megas will be in the game eventually. No clues as to when we'll even get the mega X so that we can start using the stones we've got, but the fact that we can get Pinsirite/Heracronite right now doesn't give me much hope for it appearing in the next episode.

I REALLY hope we get mega evolutions in reborn episode 16 i have a charizard and a shiny gallade in my team.

Ame (the in-game character) might give us the Mega Ring in Episode 16, but that doesn't mean we're going to get Charizardite or Galladite. We'll probably get the stones for weaker Megas like Audinite, Cameruptite, and Banettite alongside the already-included Abomasite, Pinsirite, and Heracronite.

I get the feeling those doors you see everywhere with the greyed out Reborn symbol hold something special behind them, maybe legendary pokemon (or the beginning of a quest to get them), because if you think about the plot and how important all keystones are, it would make sense for those doors to hold something important behind them (that is, if they even open with the keys).

Plus, if you do need all the keys to open those doors, it will probably happen close to the end of the game, after the Elite 4 if I had to guess (which reinforces the fact that something important is behind the doors)

Am I making any sense here ? xD

"Hmm, a series of giant, ominous doors with the Reborn symbol on them that are located only in the most remote areas?

I have a sneaking suspicion that they might hold something important behind them.

Yes, I've figured it out. I'm a genius."

But yeah, that's what we've all figured. Those doors wouldn't just be there for no reason. They have to serve an important purpose.

To be honest, I would REALLY enjoy it if each door contained a puzzle or side quest to summon the Pokémon in question, rather than just having the Pokémon standing in the middle of the room, waiting for you to interact with it. It would be super boring to open each door and find a Legendary directly behind it, then immediately move onto the next one. No, each door needs to present its own unique challenge or trial to the player, so you can prove that you're worthy of merely being in the presence of these mighty creatures.

Edited by Foamy

Ame (the in-game character) might give us the Mega Ring in Episode 16, but that doesn't mean we're going to get Charizardite or Galladite. We'll probably get the stones for weaker Megas like Audinite, Cameruptite, and Banettite alongside the already-included Abomasite, Pinsirite, and Heracronite.

Banettite is already available.

Mega Pinsir and Mega Heracross are pretty powerful Megas though...

Mega Pinsir is not to be laughed at, nor is Mega Heracross. So i don't know the reason why Ame put it in. But if i have to guess the upcoming Mega Stones, i'll say that they'll be for Audino, Camerupt, and Glalie. Mega Sharpedo is debatable.

Edited by biboo195

Mega Pinsir is not to be laughed at, nor is Mega Heracross. So i don't know the reason why Ame put it in. But if i have to guess the upcoming Mega Stones, i'll say that they'll be for Audino, Camerupt, and Glalie. Mega Sharpedo is debatable.

If she adds Mega Sharpedo then she has to add Mega Houndoom. If so, it'll have something to do with the Aqua/Magma gangs

If she adds Mega Sharpedo then she has to add Mega Houndoom. If so, it'll have something to do with the Aqua/Magma gangs

She doesn't really have to add mega houndoom. If she adds Camerupt then she has the main pokemon of Team Aqua and Team Magma. While the gangs are a bit different I don't think Houndoom has to be with Sharpedo.

She doesn't really have to add mega houndoom. If she adds Camerupt then she has the main pokemon of Team Aqua and Team Magma. While the gangs are a bit different I don't think Houndoom has to be with Sharpedo.

In my eyes the Pokemon you recieve as a gift from the gang leaders are much more likely to be mega than actually the Pokemon in the canon games

Also, it makes more sense for Sharpedo to be paired with Houndoom than with Camerupt. They're basically Dark type equivalents of each other. Camerupt and Whiscash fit each other more too. Camerupt has that M on its head whereas Whiscash has the W. The only difference is that Houndoom is Gen 2 and the rest are Gen 3

I always saw Wailord as the counter to Camerupt, since originally Camerupt got Eruption and Wailord got Water Spout. Plus Camerupt matches Groudon's typing and Wailord matches Kyogre's.

EDIT: As a side note, Ominous Wind for Corrosive Mist 1.5x boost and/or Corrosive Mist extra Poison damage 20156 \o/

Edited by Pixl

Banettite is already available.

Mega Pinsir and Mega Heracross are pretty powerful Megas though...

Right, I forgot. Mega Banette is so inconsequential that I don't even remember getting its Mega Stone.

Yeah, I know that Mega Pinsir and Mega Heracross are good. But their Mega Stones are already in the game, which is why I mentioned them.
Besides, we already have access to Pokémon like Metagross, Lucario, Rotom and Mamoswine. Including two good Megas and a plethora of bad ones is more than okay.

See my response above. I fully acknowledged that Mega Pinsir and Mega Heracross are good, but that isn't a valid enough reason to deny us a Mega Ring.
If we had also been given Mega Stones like Metagrossite, Kangaskhanite, and Mawilite, then it would be understandable to keep the Mega Ring from us.

Edited by Foamy

Right, I forgot. Mega Banette is so inconsequential that I don't even remember getting its Mega Stone.

Yeah, I know that Mega Pinsir and Mega Heracross are good. But their Mega Stones are already in the game, which is why I mentioned them.

Besides, we already have access to Pokémon like Metagross, Lucario, Rotom and Mamoswine. Including two good Megas and a plethora of bad ones is more than okay.

See my response above. I fully acknowledged that Mega Pinsir and Mega Heracross are good, but that isn't a valid enough reason to deny us a Mega Ring.

If we had also been given Mega Stones like Metagrossite, Kangaskhanite, and Mawilite, then it would be understandable to keep the Mega Ring from us.

Honestly I hope we DON'T get the mega ring for a few more gyms. It adds another element of difficulty to have to face gym leaders that have them when we don't. Especially as we start to get access to better tms and movesets that approach competitive levels.

I have reasons to believe we don't. I believe Ame just found the best place to put some things and let it be there for now so she doesn't have to redo them. I mean, who in the world will give u Pinsirite if they're trying to make the game hard??

Honestly I hope we DON'T get the mega ring for a few more gyms. It adds another element of difficulty to have to face gym leaders that have them when we don't. Especially as we start to get access to better tms and movesets that approach competitive levels.

Not really. Obtaining a Mega Ring doesn't make the game any easier, contrary to popular belief. At this point in the game, the Mega Ring only does two things:

- It makes two good Pokémon (Heracross and Pinsir) better.
- It makes two subpar Pokémon (Abomasnow and Banette) somewhat usable.

The way that the Mega Stone distribution is currently constructed in the game, there is no other "element of difficulty" that is presented by a lack of a Mega Ring.

Possessing the Mega Ring doesn't mean a thing if we don't have the necessary Mega Stones. That's like giving someone a gun without any bullets, except they can't even use the gun to pistol-whip someone. It's just there for decoration.

What I mean by this is, if the Mega Stones that are currently available don't add much to our repertoire, then the game doesn't really become any easier for us. If we send out a Mega Banette and Adrienn sends out xyr Mega Gardevoir or something, we're still going to get decimated.

I have reasons to believe we don't. I believe Ame just found the best place to put some things and let it be there for now so she doesn't have to redo them. I mean, who in the world will give u Pinsirite if they're trying to make the game hard??

Again, I feel like people are associating the Mega Ring itself with an overly easy gameplay experience, and I think it's a misnomer to follow such a line of thinking. There are currently, what, 47 Mega Stones? Of those 47, only 4 are available, and 2 of those belong to actual good Pokémon. Giving people Mega Heracross or Mega Pinsir after 15 Gyms when their teams are approaching Level 80 doesn't allow players to effortlessly breeze through the remainder of the game, nor does it skew the gameplay in such a significant way that the vast majority of players will add a Mega Pinsir/Heracross to their teams at the expense of other options.
Getting Magikarp/Magby/Ralts before the first Gym? That heavily skews players' teambuilding. Mega Pinsir after the 15th Gym? Not so much.

Furthermore, your last statement can also apply to many strong Pokémon that are currently available (and have been for a while).
"I mean, who in the world would give you Metagross if they're trying to make the game hard?"
​"I mean, who in the world would give you Diggersby if they're trying to make the game hard?"
Saying "_____ is good, therefore we have zero chance of obtaining it" is an example of thinking in absolutes. Just because something is good doesn't mean we won't get it before the Elite Four.

To summarize: it would be perfectly okay for us to receive the Mega Ring in Episode 16, as long as we don't receive too many of the better Mega Stones.
(Besides, what better time to be given a Mega Ring than while protecting the heart of a newly-renovated Reborn City?)

Edited by Foamy

Not really. Obtaining a Mega Ring doesn't make the game any easier, contrary to popular belief. At this point in the game, the Mega Ring only does two things:

- It makes two good Pokémon (Heracross and Pinsir) better.

- It makes two subpar Pokémon (Abomasnow and Banette) somewhat usable.

The way that the Mega Stone distribution is currently constructed in the game, there is no other "element of difficulty" that is presented by a lack of a Mega Ring.

Possessing the Mega Ring doesn't mean a thing if we don't have the necessary Mega Stones. That's like giving someone a gun without any bullets, except they can't even use the gun to pistol-whip someone. It's just there for decoration.

What I mean by this is, if the Mega Stones that are currently available don't add much to our repertoire, then the game doesn't really become any easier for us. If we send out a Mega Banette and Adrienn sends out xyr Mega Gardevoir or something, we're still going to get decimated.

Again, I feel like people are associating the Mega Ring itself with an overly easy gameplay experience, and I think it's a misnomer to follow such a line of thinking. There are currently, what, 47 Mega Stones? Of those 47, only 4 are available, and 2 of those belong to actual good Pokémon. Giving people Mega Heracross or Mega Pinsir after 15 Gyms when their teams are approaching Level 80 doesn't allow players to effortlessly breeze through the remainder of the game, nor does it skew the gameplay in such a significant way that the vast majority of players will add a Mega Pinsir/Heracross to their teams at the expense of other options.

Getting Magikarp/Magby/Ralts before the first Gym? That heavily skews players' teambuilding. Mega Pinsir after the 15th Gym? Not so much.

Furthermore, your last statement can also apply to many strong Pokémon that are currently available (and have been for a while).

"I mean, who in the world would give you Metagross if they're trying to make the game hard?"

​"I mean, who in the world would give you Diggersby if they're trying to make the game hard?"

Saying "_____ is good, therefore we have zero chance of obtaining it" is an example of thinking in absolutes. Just because something is good doesn't mean we won't get it before the Elite Four.

To summarize: it would be perfectly okay for us to receive the Mega Ring in Episode 16, as long as we don't receive too many of the better Mega Stones.

(Besides, what better time to be given a Mega Ring than while protecting the heart of a newly-renovated Reborn City?)

This. I agree wholeheartedly. Now let's spectulate on when how and who will give us the Mega Ring :3

Ame will probably give it to us be like "Every elite trainer now has one of these, and it's only fair you get one after doing so much" or so when we're done solving some major crisis

Foamy, I think you underestimate mega Pinsir. After one swords dance and access to close combat via breeding and moxie. There isn't much Pinsir can't OHKO after mega-ing. If we only had Return that is. But facade and quick attack are more than enough to take out many things. Adrienn wouldn't stand a chance. Only things he could tank it with are carbink and Klefki. Everything is is outsped and ripped to shreds.

Then there's Titania and hardy. Both fold under the incredible power of mega Hera. Bugs are tough stuff

Foamy, I think you underestimate mega Pinsir. After one swords dance and access to close combat via breeding and moxie. There isn't much Pinsir can't OHKO after mega-ing. If we only had Return that is. But facade and quick attack are more than enough to take out many things. Adrienn wouldn't stand a chance. Only things he could tank it with are carbink and Klefki. Everything is is outsped and ripped to shreds.

Then there's Titania and hardy. Both fold under the incredible power of mega Hera. Bugs are tough stuff

I agree that both megas are OP but consider that we currently have access to only one of them. It's still unkown when we'll get the other. So Ame can change the event and give us the opposite Mega Stone of the pokemon we choose until we get access to the other counterpart too.

the leader's ace is a houndoom

so it makes sense

You can't get Magikarp, Magby or Ralts before the first gym anymore - those events were all pushed back and, to date, Magikarp is nowhere to be obtained. Also, Magby and Ralts require a fair amount of grinding since you get them at such low levels. Beldum is super well-hidden, starts at level one (requires a LOT of grinding), and is very tedious just to catch. Bunnelby got axed from the Beryl Ward - I don't think you can get it at all right now.

Anyways, only a few select people can say for sure when the ring comes into the game...I personally don't think it will be around until we have more mega stones to choose from, but I could be wrong.

Edited by GenOneRaisedGenY

Speaking of Magikarp, that quest is actually going to continue in Episode 16. Remember how the vendor said that you couldn't find the guy in Reborn's current state...well, yep Reborn got cleaned up a little bit meaning the quest continues. Anyone want to place a bet on whether or not we'll obtain the Pokemon. Part of me says yes, but another part says that the quest will go on even further.

Speaking of Magikarp, that quest is actually going to continue in Episode 16. Remember how the vendor said that you couldn't find the guy in Reborn's current state...well, yep Reborn got cleaned up a little bit meaning the quest continues. Anyone want to place a bet on whether or not we'll obtain the Pokemon. Part of me says yes, but another part says that the quest will go on even further.

We have access to D-Dance Feraligatr now, since the event Totodile can come with D-Dance IIRC, and since it has sheer force it basically hits as hard as Gyarados and functions nearly the same. (Gyarados does have Moxie though.) So keeping Gyarados unavailable any longer would not be a good decision IMO.

But that's just my opinion.

You can't get Magikarp, Magby or Ralts before the first gym anymore - those events were all pushed back and, to date, Magikarp is nowhere to be obtained. Also, Magby and Ralts require a fair amount of grinding since you get them at such low levels. Beldum is super well-hidden, starts at level one (requires a LOT of grinding), and is very tedious just to catch. Bunnelby got axed from the Beryl Ward - I don't think you can get it at all right now.

Anyways, only a few select people can say for sure when the ring comes into the game...I personally don't think it will be around until we have more mega stones to choose from, but I could be wrong.

I think the point was that these Pokemon were removed because they too heavily skewed the usage because they were available so early and were easily usable for the rest of the game when the rest of the options available to the player kind of sucked. The difference with Mega Pinsir or Heracross, is that the Heracross and Pinsir events are a lot of trouble and they both come at a low level and at a point in the game where a player is pretty likely to have a complete team, on top of not being able to access their megas until such a late point in the game that they wouldn't become too overused, or be broken because the player already has access to a lot of powerful options, so getting a Mega Ring wouldn't really break things. I don't really care if we get a Mega Ring before the post game, but I do agree it wouldn't break the game if we got it in episode 16.

Edited by Mighty Kamina

I'm guessing it'll still be a lowly Magikarp when we get it, and Magikarps can't learn egg moves at all, so I think the sidequest could end in E16. You'd need to grind it up a fair bit for it to be worth using, and there aren't a lot of gyms left that couldn't counter it.

I think the point was that these Pokemon were removed because they too heavily skewed the usage because they were available so early and were easily usable for the rest of the game when the rest of the options available to the player kind of sucked. The difference with Mega Pinsir or Heracross, is that the Heracross and Pinsir events are a lot of trouble and they both come at a low level and at a point in the game where a player is pretty likely to have a complete team, on top of not being able to access their megas until such a late point in the game that they wouldn't become too overused, or be broken because the player already has access to a lot of powerful options, so getting a Mega Ring wouldn't really break things. I don't really care if we get a Mega Ring before the post game, but I do agree it wouldn't break the game.

Fair point.

I'm not underestimating anything. Being a competitive battler, I know full well what Mega Pinsir is capable of. But again, I don't think that matters.

Yes, Mega Pinsir is really good. No, that shouldn't deny us the potential to make bad Pokémon (Banette, Camerupt, Audino, etc.) better. It's okay to keep the Mega Ring from us for a more legitimate purpose, but to do so for such a narrow reason would be an example of poor game design.

That's exactly the point I'm trying to make, so I dunno what we're arguing about. These Pokémon were so influential to the players' collective experience that they drastically decreased overall gameplay variance, which is why they were moved around or cut entirely. Mega Pinsir in Episode 16 won't have that effect, mainly because we're so far into the game. We're quickly approaching a point in the game where our options should be expanding, not remaining constricted.

Let me clarify the argument that I'm trying to make here. It is twofold.

It is my belief that, as the status quo in Pokémon Reborn currently stands, it is acceptable to grant players access to a Mega Ring for the purpose of turning underplayed Pokémon into more viable in-game options. The side effect to this is that, in doing so, we will also gain access to Mega Pinsir and Mega Heracross, which are two objectively powerful Megas.
HOWEVER, I believe that this is an acceptable sacrifice from the perspective of a game designer.

(Note: the following is only conjecture.)

Furthermore, if we do receive a Mega Ring, it will most likely occur when "the heart of Reborn falls." I believe that Lin will spearhead a massive siege upon the Reborn League headquarters in the Opal Ward, where we will help Ame repel Team Meteor's forces. During a dire moment in the battle, Ame will deliver a cheesy, inspiring message to the tune of "We will not allow Reborn to fall. This is our city, and we WILL protect it!" before giving the player a Mega Ring.

Edited by Foamy