[Spoilers] E16 Status Discussion

Amethyst

Marco hasn't died, I swear!! He's just on a different computer. I'm on the computer I use when at work, which has a different save file, so... no Marco.

All moves will get animations. But um... what's Light of Ruin...

*one google later*

...Sigh, guess we'd better implement that.

Close Combat

d070b433c936197673c28a00a67c9928.gif

Hehe, Light of Ruin was discovered in the X and Y game files around the end of 2013. You wouldn't know about it unless you went out of your way to find that kind of cheatyface stuff, though.

Anyway, Close Combat looks neat! Do you think it would look better with a background effect, like it has in the official games?

Close_Combat_BW.png

Close_Combat_ani.png

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

Just a question though - so are only moves that already have an in-game animation, being redone? What about the rest of the moves that don't have one at the moment?

those will be done in future episode development cycles

So is this just special or the M's are in the redesigning stage?

actually i was just getting some of the more powerful moves in this chunk of animations out of the way so that when others work on stuff they dont have to worry about things like these

Do all these animations already have been paired with the soundbites?

all of them are being made to match their sound effects, yes

shadow ball

giphy.gif

• Developers

Shadow Ball looks awesome. Not sure why the ball started to form at Shuckle and then moved back to Onix however, but oh well.

It's cause ame is bad at gifs and didn't stop it fast enough. The way we test the moves is with a trainer that has a shuckle with the move we're testing as well, so we can see it from both perspectives (cause trust me opposing pokemon can do some FUCKED UP SHIT with otherwise normal looking moves)

so the "starting at shuckle" was just shuckle trying to use shadow ball but the gif restarting before the poor thing could

#morerightsforshuckle

The start of the shadow ball animation looks weird, but I think the fact that the Onix's head is obscuring the animation could potentially be to blame for that.

Close combat looks a lot better with that background, imo.

no rights for shuckle. fuck shuckle. for no reason in particular.

Silly Ame! You don't fuckle with Shuckle, Shuckle fuckles with you. Silly Ame.

Aaaaaa, that Close Combat background is so cool! The background-less animation made me think of Thrash.

For Shadow Ball, would it look better if the target Pokémon sprite shook from the impact and briefly turned purple? I think it would properly emphasize the power of getting struck by a projectile of concentrated darkness.

(I keep recommending stuff that's used in the official games I'm sorry)

Looks good... Oh I love the current Shadow Ball animation and sound...

At least fix the crime that is Shadow CLAW Gengar.

#PraiseTheNerfedGar

Anyways animations looking great! Meteor Mash looks...well meteoric! Shadow Ball looks good but yeah I'm with most on the square-ish nature of the ball, perhaps maybe slightly rounder? I can definitely see what you're going for though.

I like the colours on it, but... going to agree that Shadow Ball should be more round. Right now it looks more like Shadow Blob. Or perhaps Shadow Box.

...Which is perhaps not necessarily wrong, I seem to recall it appearing more blob-like in some incarnations. But it still bothers me.

It's my favourite attack okay leave me alone