[Spoilers] E16 Status Discussion

Amethyst

R.I.P. Megagross. You will forever be missed. What mega stones are available so far?

Banettite, Abomasite, Pinsirite, and Heracronite?

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because as it was said, only a few lower-tier megas will be available. Am I gonna let y'all run through the E4 with ya Megagross and M-Blazikens? nahh. But I'm not opposed to opening megas up to make Pokemon like Banette and Audino more attractive options in-game.

Actually! Terrain moves can't be used on top of other terrain moves and temporary fields (eg Rainbow), but if we assume it works the same was as Corey's Mist, even though it's Misty Terrain, it's not a temporary effect. So Electric Terrain could still be used over it. If you wanted to test that theory, just try using Electric Terrain in the Coral Ward. It should work.

If not, let me know, because that's a problem..

Actually that's the entire reason I mentioned it, because when I tried to do it in coral ward while fighting a muk I fished up it didn't work. I'll try it again in a few minutes.

So, our speculation list is most likely Absol, Audino, Blastoise, and maybe Pidgeot and Aerodactyl.

I will also just throw in Houndoom, Steelix, and Camerupt. I'm not too sure on Camerupt, though...

Camerupt, while slow, is pretty strong. Especially in trick rooms. I've never seen anyone use mega steelix. Houndoom is a 50/50 chance. It's not used much, but can really do some damage, especially in the sun. Even Absol idk about. It took a while for us to get Absol through an event, so getting it's mega stone would take some work. What about Sharpedo?

Sharpedo could be another possibility, really. It doesn't seem too powerful unless you are utilizing Speed Boost, and it's pretty frail.

I was thinking about Houndoom because not everyone uses Sun, so it won't be as beneficial.

As for Camerupt, yeah, it's strength and bulk was the exact reason why I was hesitant to put it on the list. Still, again, not everyone uses Trick Room, but even without it, Mega Camerupt can be fairly effective.

As for Absol, it's a pretty powerful glass cannon, yeah. I'm not sure we'll get it with the weaker ones, but some people hope so.

Sharpedo could be another possibility, really. It doesn't seem too powerful unless you are utilizing Speed Boost, and it's pretty frail.

I was thinking about Houndoom because not everyone uses Sun, so it won't be as beneficial.

As for Camerupt, yeah, it's strength and bulk was the exact reason why I was hesitant to put it on the list. Still, again, not everyone uses Trick Room, but even without it, Mega Camerupt can be fairly effective.

As for Absol, it's a pretty powerful glass cannon, yeah. I'm not sure we'll get it with the weaker ones, but some people hope so.

Blastoise is an option. Audino and pidgeot too. I think the hoenn starter megas would be too good. Steelix is a wild card, but maybe it will appear. Glalie too, since no one really uses it. Lopunny... Eh, 50/50. I can't say.

DISCLAIMER: I'm aware that Smogon tier doesn't accurately reflect how good these Megas are in game, but its a good way to get an idea of what we'll be seeing in E16.

FFA: Rayquaza (hahahahaha)

Uber: Blaziken, Mewtwo X, Mewtwo Y, Kangaskhan, Gengar, Lucario, Mawile, Salamence

OU: Alakazam, Altaria, Charizard X, Charizard Y, Diancie, Garchomp, Gardevoir, Gyarados, Lati@s, Lopunny, Manectric, Metagross, Sableye, Scizor, Slowbro, Tyranitar, Venusaur

BL: Gallade, Heracross, Medicham, Pinsir

UU: Abomasnow, Absol, Aerodactyl, Aggron, Ampharos, Beedrill, Blastoise, Pidgeot, Sceptile, Sharpedo, Swampert

BL2: Houndoom
RU: Banette, Camerupt, Glalie, Steelix
NU: Audino
PU: Nium

Do with that what you will. It's safe to assume we won't be getting any of the legendary mega stones, and for E16, pokemon we haven't even gotten yet probably won't get one either. It's also a good bet that we won't get starter mega stones but that's always a possibility.

Edited by BIGJRA

Because as it was said, only a few lower-tier megas will be available. Am I gonna let y'all run through the E4 with ya Megagross and M-Blazikens? nahh. But I'm not opposed to opening megas up to make Pokemon like Banette and Audino more attractive options in-game.

Actually! Terrain moves can't be used on top of other terrain moves and temporary fields (eg Rainbow), but if we assume it works the same was as Corey's Mist, even though it's Misty Terrain, it's not a temporary effect. So Electric Terrain could still be used over it. If you wanted to test that theory, just try using Electric Terrain in the Coral Ward. It should work.

If not, let me know, because that's a problem..

So since I replaced all the sound files that also means the calls to previously existing move sound effects by story events, are now invalid. Unfortunately my memory sucks, and I've only found a few, so I'll ask you all:

What instances of move-sound effects do you recall being used in the story or sidequests? Examples of this include Sigmund being Hyper Beamed, and the Poison Fang attack sounds following that-- basically whenever a Pokemon uses a move on the overworld.

I've already fixed:

• The above two mentioned + Sigmund vs Laura sounds
  • Poison Fang/Walrein/Excadrill stuff at Fiore
  • Deliverance's Waterfall/Ice Beam in Peridot, Ice Beam/Superpower inside the Factory
  • Caged Pokemon Puzzle
  • Pyrous Mountaintop Blast Burn/Dragon Rush/Hi Jump Kick
  • Attacks to free Heather
  • G-Gardevoir's Hypnosis

Can anyone think of what I'm forgetting? I'm sure there's plenty more.

Ame, you're forgetting G-Gardevoir's Teleport in 7th Street, Cain's Nidoking's EQ when the orphans were kidnapped, Sigmund Connal's Electivire shocking Heather, PULSE Abra using Teleport (if that counts, that is), Lin using whatever attack she used when she took down Saphira....I'll post here if I remember any.

I don't see mega Blastoise given that it would mean only one starter had it available. However I agree on the other megas that you've listed.

That's a good point. So let's scratch Blastoise off of the list. If Abomasnow made it, Aggron should be able to as well. Maybe Ampharos?

• Developers

I would consider Ampharos a little too good, but given that we got Heracross and Pinsir... I suppose even some really good ones won't be entirely off the table just yet. Amphy's a maybe for me and I would love it to be in. If we're facing up against Adrienn next episode, given the whole Fairy thing xe has going, seems like a good setup for us to acquire an Audinite.

That's a good point. So let's scratch Blastoise off of the list. If Abomasnow made it, Aggron should be able to as well. Maybe Ampharos?

As much as I hope we get Mega Amphy, it seems like it would be a bit too useful. I don't really seeing us getting it in Ep16.

As much as I hope we get Mega Amphy, it seems like it would be a bit too useful. I don't really seeing us getting it in Ep16.

Yeah, I guess. But mega pinsir was a thing, so who knows? I can see the player getting the Audinite as a reward for beating the gym tho.

Hmm Ame you were right, guess I was mistaken about electric terrain not working in mist as it worked fine last night. I'm actually not sure why it didn't that one time. Maybe I already had it up and didn't notice or something.

When do we get to fight my boy Hardy though? I want to rock and face his team of sturdy abusers.

Hmm Ame you were right, guess I was mistaken about electric terrain not working in mist as it worked fine last night. I'm actually not sure why it didn't that one time. Maybe I already had it up and didn't notice or something.

When do we get to fight my boy Hardy though? I want to rock and face his team of sturdy abusers.

Probably not episode 16, since we still have to get the sleeping spell off of Agate. Or maybe that does happen in XVI and we go fight him in 17? I doubt he'll be after Titania, so maybe after Adrienn. I feel like Saphira will be last. So then that makes my speculation Fairy, Rock, Water, Steel, Dragon...

We can't wait too much longer, since rock gyms generally are more early game I don't think it'll be a hard fight.

By this point most of the pokemon are getting their final movesets anyway so it doesn't really matter about the order in terms of difficulty. I personally think that Hardy will come after Adrienn, Amaira and Titania but I'm obviously just speculating. It would be kind of odd having him be past his older sister though so I think you could be right about the order.

• Developers

By this point most of the pokemon are getting their final movesets anyway so it doesn't really matter about the order in terms of difficulty. I personally think that Hardy will come after Adrienn, Amaira and Titania but I'm obviously just speculating. It would be kind of odd having him be past his older sister though so I think you could be right about the order.

Kind of odd, maybe, but not unreasonable. It's apparent the Laura is a better trainer than her big sis, Anna is almost certainly a better trainer than her big bro, I think by the current episode it's safe to say Fern is a better trainer than Florinia, and lets not even get STARTED on Heather and Corey. So it could quite easily come out that Hardy is a better trainer than Titania, age within a family isn't always indicitave of skill from what we've seen so far.