What Does Your Name Mean?

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

My name comes from a OC in a story I wrote quite long ago... In fact, it was a comic project, but I dropped it when college started and with it, quite a serious problem of time shortage. I simply named him like this because I thought it suited him for his story... and then he became my 2nd favourite OC, so... I used his name as my nickname in this forums.

In fact, I just found a VERY OLD sketch of said character:

alaris_by_kohaku_93-d62m64l.jpg

Author Reborn was a name I cooked up many years ago when after a long winter, my creative energies were rejuvinated and I rededicated myself towards reading and writing once more. The Reborn part of it is mostly just a happy coincidence given my current position.

Well, I came up with InnocentBoy back when I made my Minecraft account. I didn't like the original alias I used, so I decided to come up with something nice.

I couldn't really think of anything, but for whatever reason, I thought I was innocent enough to have a username that pointed it out. So, InnocentBoy (no space or underscore, by the way) came to be.

Over time, I've admittedly sort of changed it up to be able to use it differently. So Inno became my alternate name when InnocentBoy is too long.

EDIT: So your name is just Alice + Cirno, Alicirno? Something tells me we should be friends, but that's probably a bad idea on my part.

Edited by InnocentBoy

Back in middle school, everyone called me Ray. I don't believe there was a single person who still called me Raymond; society had deemed me to be worth only one syllable. At the time, I was quite annoyed by that, and so all of my usernames nowadays advocate my addressing as my full first name. Nowadays, I am used to being called Ray; and I have also been given some creative nicknames.

-RayNotRaymond

-That's so Raymond

-Rayray

-Guantanamo Ray

-Steve

my name is coming from the Spartan king and general Pausanias. He won the battle of Platea and he executed by the Spartans as traitor. You can ask : and why did you choose the name of a traitor???? There is 3 reasons :

A) Even if he was be a "good" general he won by luck and chance (i am the same way) the Persians in Platea :(

B ) I believe, in his case, that he wasn't a traitor and that he was be missanderstude (even if he has change his behavior and apiarence into a more persian one). lets say the truth, all we change our behavior based on some things, doen't that make us smthing because of our outside apiarence or else :mellow:

C) There is a ancient Roman journalist with the same name :ph34r:

Edited by Pausaunias

1. My name came from a certain video game boss who I somehow beat and then later on I created my first account somewhere and I guess the name just sort of stuck with me

2. the numbers are sort of random but they tend to have these similarities:

A. the first number must be 5

B. At least one of the numbers must be 0

C. it must be unique enough so that no one else has thought of it and yet still be easy to remember

I've told this story on many a forum, but never in this much detail.

A long time ago, in middle school, my family had just gotten Super Smash Bros. Brawl. After playing it, and my family discovered the "Melee cuts", I decided that there needed to be a game that had every single character that had ever been in Smash. I set about organizing a lot of things, drawing "screenshots" of the character select screen on paper and stuff.

Back then, there (obviously) was no Smash 4, so every Smash game after the first had a fight-related subtitle. After searching far and wide for something other than "fight", I stumbled upon the third (in real-world chronology, because of course a sci-fi series is going to have an unchronological writing order) book in the Ender's Game series, titled Xenocide. Considering that the game was about characters alien to each others' universes trying to (cartoon) kill each other, I felt the name fit.

My original mass-handle was a derivative of this: "Super Smash Bros. Xenocide Creator" became Xeno_Cre8or. I had that handle for years, jumping from website to website, but keeping the username the same (hence my use of the word "handle").

Until about three or four years ago (in what became my final college semester even though I never graduated), when me and my parents had a huge battle about my grades that somehow turned into a "your password isn't secure enough, anyone who finds out what your password is suddenly has access to your birthday and social security number, as well as whatever 60830 is" (Dad didn't know, but it was my lunch card number in primary school). Dad ended up changing my passwords to something he felt was more secure, and because of the fight about my grades he decided not to tell me what it was yet. By the time my grades were better, he'd forgotten what the password was. Ironic, because I'd come up with - and already trained myself to memorize with muscle memory - a more secure password to change to.

On one of the forums I was on, I was pretty well known. Not wanting to be mistaken for a new member on that forum, I came up with the idea of spelling my old handle backwards: ro8erC_oneX. Upon writing it down, I realized how ugly it looked, and set about making a few tweaks:
Ro8erC_oneX <- make R capitol

Ro8er_ConeX <- shift the underscore over one space to make the word "Cone"

Rot8er_ConeX <- add a T to make the first half pronounceable.

And suddenly, a handle that had originally been a narcissistic way of saying "I'm going to make Smash 4 with no connection to Nintendo whatsoever" became a really unique way of referring to spinning conic cross-sections.

Looking about three years back, I was playing the free to play shooter Team Fortress Two with a group of people. In TF2, as it's called, there are nine classes, one of which is a Medic class that centralizes around healing the other classes, and usually is meant to avoid conflict. On a whim, I choose to go play as a medic, and try to kill people using melee weapons. Surprisingly, it worked out fairly well, and I began to scream "Combat Medic" whenever I got a kill. The name sort of stuck, and I ended up using it for most of my online personas. Nowadays, I usually just go by Combat, followed by a silly subtitle, like Cleric, All Father, or something else stupid.

I used to call myself The EggTeen due to my favourite character in gaming is Dr Eggman from Sonic. However, I wanted to find a more menacing name using words like destroyer or destructor. Eventually, I came to obliterator and it fit perfectly with Jacob. And so it began.

I have no shame in the origin of my name, and I wear it proudly because dangnabbit I like it!

So, my early years on the internet, I was addicted to the gamecube Pokemon games. XD001 resonated with me a lot, so for the earliest part of my established internet lifetime, I adopted the moniker XD003 DARK METAL LUGIA, eventually shorthanded to XD003. I used that alias up until High School, where it shifted to Derxwna.

Now, as for Derxwna. That's an easy one.

I am, and always will be, a Nobody fan of Kingdom Hearts.

I was working on my own little fanfiction at the time, involving myself and my friends, turning them into Nobodies and making a "Neo Organization XIII". So I threw my name (Andrew) into a scrambler and added x to the result. Eventually I got Derxwna, though I wish I could find the logs of it - they're lost to time. It wasn't until some dumb incident involving an ex of mine that I eventually made the permanent shift to Derxwna from XD003. Derxwna slowly went into complete use everywhere I went, and as time passed, it surpassed its Kingdom Hearts origins and became an Original Character for a project I'm working on (The character is a support protagonist). Kapsyla is the real enigma of the username. I cannot remember for the life of me where it came from, I probably just threw random letters together until boom, something stuck.

I don't think I'll be changing out of DerxwnaKapsyla anytime soon. Unless I start to add "Derxwna 'The Badman' Kapsyla" onto my official profiles somewhere. But until that point~

If you get enough rupees from good posts, there is an item that can change your member title to the Badman.

As far as nobodifying your name, I probably would have gone with Xanderw or Wandrex (use the German pronounciation for the w).

Anyways, mine is an actual word I first encountered in 20000 Leagues Under the Sea. The association to water, destructive capabilities, yet calm center suited me well so I've stuck with it where ever I can.

In middleschool, I was very into the warrior cat series, and my friends and I made our own characters. Mine was Hawkclaw, from Windclan, and the two K and C sounds together was kinda hard to say, so I became Hawky and it just kinda stuck.