Mirror, Mirror, on the Field...

• Administrators

Who shalt this fractured power wield?

At last, it's Serra's Field. Of course, this shouldn't been too much of a surprise given that I already showed everyone part of the arena in that other thread. But I'll leave you all to reflect on the implications of all of this.

fe30.png

Click the image above, or this link to look into the details of Serra's new Mirror Arena!

The Mirror Arena focuses on an constructed mechanic with stacking/consuming evasion and critical hits! Her signature TM, Frost Breath, plays right into this, along with some of her Ice types' other specialties. And yet, in a field like this, missing an attack could actually be somewhat helpful.

Personally, I'm very interested to see how you all play this one.

Additionally, the Obtainable Pokemon page has been updated for E15. Does this mean Beta? No... Not quite. But soon...

• Upvote 3

Mirror Shot increases in base power x2, will never miss, and will always reduce Accuracy

I like this. I like this a LOT.

Oh shiiiiiiet. On the other hand, if Mamoswine gets an evasion boost thanks to Snow Cloak and then terminated the field with Earthquake, it might be worth it. The thing has so much HP...

This field looks so darn interesting, really can't wait to try fighting on it. Honestly, I think this is my favourite of the new ones, it's darn creative <3

EDIT: And holy shit, so we can have Larvesta and Sneasel now? Dayum.

Edited by Ama

Wait a minute, she has an Abomasnow, Pokemon with Snow Cloak have their evasion buffed on top of the SC effect and Pokemon with Bright Powder have their evasion buffed again...how are we even supposed to hit that Froslass?

Wait a minute, she has an Abomasnow, Pokemon with Snow Cloak have their evasion buffed on top of the SC effect and Pokemon with Bright Powder have their evasion buffed again...how are we even supposed to hit that Froslass?

never miss attacks like Feint attack I would assume :P

• Administrators

• Critical hits deal additional damage based on the user's Evasion/Accuracy buffs and the target's Evasion/Accuracy de-buffs, consuming each
  • Single-targeted, special, non-contact attacks that would miss will sometimes be reflected, hitting the target anyway

• Single-targeted, special, non-contact attacks that would miss will sometimes be reflected, hitting the target anyway

I wonder what the chance of that is... I bet it must be ridiculously low for the player but high for Serra.

Oh dear Helix. I'm looking at this field and laughing and crying at the same time. At least you can destroy it...

At the cost of 50% of your (and your opponents') Pokemon's HP tho.

...Which, for the record, I think is really cool, because we actually get punished for destroying the field, and it makes sense, considering it's mirrors, and shattering mirrors is a mess.

Still, personally I would rather sacrifice one of my Pokemon to break this thing, than to fight a whole battle on it, me thinks.

At the cost of 50% of your (and your opponents') Pokemon's HP tho.

...Which, for the record, I think is really cool, because we actually get punished for destroying the field, and it makes sense, considering it's mirrors, and shattering mirrors is a mess.

Still, personally I would rather sacrifice one of my Pokemon to break this thing, than to fight a whole battle on it, me thinks.

Or Mamoswine with mist. Or Magneton/Magnezone with electrik terrain. It's always useful when you can't break a field ;)

And in the other way, special attacks never miss. So while Serra spend turn bossting her evasion, you can still hit her

Edited by Imperial

Or Mamoswine with mist. Or Magneton/Magnezone with electrik terrain. It's always useful when you can't break a field ;)

And in the other way, special attacks never miss. So while Serra spend turn bossting her evasion, you can still hit her

Will those moves terminate the field, though? I use the Mamoswine + Mist trick often enough, but will it always work? Haven't worked much with those moves before I started playing Reborn, so if the answer is obvious, apologies.

I'm quite happy about that never-miss 2x damage Mirror Shot, since it somewhat makes up for the fact that Steel isn't effective against Ice.