Rejuvenation Viability Rankings (WIP)

Dewgong (or Seel if you're at the start of the game) for C(- or +):

Dewgong has a few some average stats all over, making it sort of a jack-of-all-trades. It has moves of all kinds, plus two Abilities relying on weather (which it can set up itself) and another one giving it more resistances!

(Special Set) Signal Beam, Icy Wind, Ice Beam, and Surf

(Physical Set) Ice Shard, Aqua Jet, Aqua Tail, Headbutt

(Support/Wall) Aqua Ring, Rest, Hail, Encore

As for battles, well, Dewgong isn't going to be your greatest bet offensively. However, it can stall in most battles and do some chip damage, and getting two priority STABs is always fun. Also, it can help you switch into another Pokemon, using support like Encore (my personal favorite), or set up Hail. While it isn't the best, Dewgong is a pretty good Pokemon early on!

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blaziken - S rank, Overall probably the best starter. The ability capsules available in this game allow you to have Speed Boost, which is by far one of the best abilities in the game. It has great stats and an incredible move set. Strong moves such as Flare Blitz, HJK, and even Brave Bird. It also learns Bulk Up so you can easily have a strong setup mon. As of version 5 Blaziken probably puts in work in every single gym except Valarie's for obvious reasons.

• Medicham: It has a fantastic Movepool and great Couverage with High Jump Kick (Lv up), Thunder/Ice/Fire Punch and Zen Headbutt (Move Tutor). Especially HJK does insane damage, a Move with 130 Base Power + STAB isn't a Joke. S Rank

Magneton: In my Opinion, it is better than Amphraros. Steel is actually a great Type. Unfortunately Flash Cannon and Discharge are his only good Moves, so the Couverage isn't that good, exept you get somehow a good Hidden Power Type. A or B Rank.

Honchkrow: Really good Pokemon with Sucker Punch + Moxie and with Farfetch'd, it can learn Brave Bird (And Roost if you want). S or A Rank

Gardevoir: Undoubtedly a fantastic Pokemon, even if its walled by every Steel Pokemon. It resists Shadow Moves and has access to Moonblast, Psychic, Calm Mind, Draining Kiss if you want and Trace. But unfortunately, It isnt available yet without abusing the Bug. S Rank

uh... wingattack on noivern are you sure there is no better move you can have on it

I don't love wing attack on my noivern, but it's on my moveset because of the lack of variety of good TM's. I like accuracy over power as well.

Edited by NikeSB

it's far harder to rank mons ingame than competitively, i hope you realise that.

Yeah i know that atleast.

I'm more focused on what pokemon so can be useful for the gym enough based of the time you can get it and how good it is.

I find Vanilluxe to be an A+ tier pokemon as well due to the lack of Ice type pokemon in the game, Vanilluxe has a high base SpA along with the move pool he can learn. He helped me with Narcissa by spamming Will-O-Wisp from when he was a shadow pokemon. Also Vanilluxe helped me with Crawli by freezing him to death, and more to come. Vanilluxe with Ice body and hail can create a makeshift leftovers while ticking down your foes as well. I find him ridiculously strong with his current moveset as well.

Vanilluxe:
Nature: Mild
Ability: Ice Body
Moveset: Ice Beam
Will-O-Wisp
Hail
Freeze-Dry

Edited by NikeSB

I find Vanilluxe to be an A+ tier pokemon as well due to the lack of Ice type pokemon in the game, Vanilluxe has a high base SpA along with the move pool he can learn. He helped me with Narcissa by spamming Will-O-Wisp to burn those ghosts alive, wait.... Also Vanilluxe helped me with Crawli by freezing him to death, and more to come. Vanilluxe with Ice body and hail can create a makeshift leftovers while ticking down your foes as well. I find him ridiculously strong with his current moveset as well.

Vanilluxe:

Nature: Mild

Ability: Ice Body

Moveset: Ice Beam

Will-O-Wisp

Hail

Freeze-Dry

You forget to set *shadow vanilluxe. I don't think a normal vanilluxe can have a will o wisp btw.

You forget to set *shadow vanilluxe. I don't think a normal vanilluxe can have a will o wisp btw.

I kept will-o-wisp after i purified it so yeah i guess. I'll edit that tho.

Edited by NikeSB

Nidoking could be A+ rank if better tms existed like sludge wave, fire blast or boltbeam. Sheer force nidoking is a monster when ev trained in sp atk but lack of good moves hold it back. So I think it should be B rank.

Just a friendly reminder, make sure that your suggestion has all the components Red's Charizard asks for! Here is the criteria:

If you want something ranked, you must include:

What rank you are nominating it for, preferably at the beginning of your post

What moves it has

What battles / parts of the game it is useful for

If your post has all this information, it will be added to this one. You will be given credit for it, naturally.

Some of these posts seem to be a bit lacking in certain departments. Don't worry; you could always edit them!

ofc xD. You can't rank a pokemon if you can't even use it yet. Also pseudo legendaries are instantly like... B rank due to them probably being late in the game and hard to train up.

Haven't made one of these since this morning, so let's go.

Lumineon for D+ (if that's a thing) or C-

Lumineon barely escapes the land of Pokemon to never use with just a few niches. It has some average stats, two decent Abilities (Water Veil is not one of them), and a great supportive movepool. Having Rain Dance (and Swift Swim) as well as Attract is what makes Lumineon good! It's base 91 speed means it can outspeed quite a few things and set up Rain Dance (and it's one of the earliest to get that move) as well as Attract and possibly confuse with STAB Water Pulse, giving it a chance to do some damage. Honesly, Rain Dance is the only thing that would make you want to use Lumineon. Use it for the earlier Gyms (meaning better Pokemon will replace it) if you need it for a Water type or something.

Edited by Chubb the Pig

Jolteon for A+ Rank

Besides the fact that it can obliterate the Water Leader completely, it's speed and Sp. Attack makes it a great attacker and revenge killer.Together with it's movepool, it's a force to be reckoned with.

Infernape for A Rank

Iron Fist makes Infernape frightening together with it's great Attack and Speed. It's a great help to subdue the threat on the Normal Gym. If you make it learn Thunderpunch, this will tear teams down.

I did add some new Pokemon to the OP - however, I was forced to leave a few out due to lack of consistent information. For others, I added some more information to fill in missing gaps.

Also, I must ask that you carefully consider the ranks you are adding Pokemon to - Quite a few mons that were recommended for A rank I threw down into B because they don't have as many capabilities as A rank Pokemon should.

Jolteon for A+ Rank

Besides the fact that it can obliterate the Water Leader completely, it's speed and Sp. Attack makes it a great attacker and revenge killer.Together with it's movepool, it's a force to be reckoned with.

The thing is, Eevee was axed... He'll be returning soon, however, according to Jan.

Actually, I feel that Jan is going to look at this and axe anything that's that's in the A- to A+ range...

Oh, by the ways, D rank should say something like, "All other Pokemon not named with a few exceptions" or something, just for now. This is due to the fact that there are so many Pokemon available and probably half of them would fit in D or C rank.

Edited by Chubb the Pig

The thing is, Eevee was axed... He'll be returning soon, however, according to Jan.

Actually, I feel that Jan is going to look at this and axe anything that's that's in the A- to A+ range...

Oh, by the ways, D rank should say something like, "All other Pokemon not named with a few exceptions" or something, just for now. This is due to the fact that there are so many Pokemon available and probably half of them would fit in D or C rank.

....that would suck if we only gonna use the Pokemon on C/D ranks, especially the ones playing on Intense Mode.

How do you guys feel about Noibat/Noivern ? It evolves very late in the game (lvl 48), but it gets a huge power spike when that happens. And it also gets Tailwind at lvl 35. Is it worth the wait ?

Okay, I'm going to fix some people's posts, since they were slightly lacking. Please note that I haven't used these guys, so I might miss out on something important.

ALL POSTS ARE COMPLETE.

Archie suggested Chandelure for S Rank.
Chandelure has an amazing Special Attack, no doubt. It also has Flash Fire and Infiltrator, two great Abilities. Its movepool is a bit more lacking, however, with its notable moves (no TMs included) only being Hex, Flame Burst, Pain Split, Inferno, and Night Shade. As for battles, this one is great for Crawli and Angie, with Flame Burst and Inferno being Super Effective. Another strategy is to try hitting an Inferno, burning the foe, and then using Hex.

GreatNinja suggested Medicham for S Rank. (Personally, I'd move this down a bit to A bexause of the terrible movepool, but I'm going by the original poster.)
If somebody looked at Medicham's stats, they would immediately think it was worthless. However, due to Huge Power, this Pokemon is absolutely amazing. Plus it's very early! Some notable moves it gets are High Jump Kick, Zen Headbutt (Relearn), and the Elemental Punches (Relearn). Bullet Punch (breed) and Fake Out (breed) are also great moves, and Acupressure combined with Baton Pass (breed) is another strategy. This Pokemon is great for battles against Keta, Marianette, and Angie, if you can get lucky with the infamous but powerful High Jump Miss.

GreatNinja suggested Magneton for B+/A- Rank.
Although Magneton's superior evolution Magnezone is not yet available, Magneton manages to be a great Pokemon with nice Defenses and a pretty good Special Attack! Sturdy could be useful for those who try using a Ground type move, and Analytic can be used to increase your offense. Some nice moves it gets are Thunder Wave, Discharge, and Flash Cannon. Magneton can be used for Paralyzing Crawli and Angie's Pokemon, taking some hits, and dishing out some extra damage.

GreatNinja suggested Honchkrow for A+ Rank.
Honchkriw has a fabulous Attack, a Special Attack just a bit lower, and a decent Speed. When a Murkrow it had Prankster, a useful ability, but upon evolution it gained Moxie, making it an ultimate powerhouse. It gains moves like Haze and Tailwind (to be used mainly as a Murkrow), Sucker Punch, and Brave Bird and Roost (breed). This Pokemon is also very early (please don't axe Jan), so it is great for multiple battles. It has advantages over Keta, Narcissa, and Crawli to be exact. Also, being a powerhouse, it can definitely hurt Venam, Marianette, and Valerie. However, most will not evolve this beautiful thing until it gains many of its useful moves like Tailwind as a Murkrow, so it starts being powerful usually around Valerie.

Alaneapen suggested Nidoking/Nidoqueen for B Rank.
The Nido duo is actually very versatile, especially with Sheer Force. The Queen has more defenses, while the King has more Offense. Also, there are a few moves that are different for each:
Both: Earth Power, Toxic Spikes, Poison Tail (breed)
King: Megahorn, Sucker Punch (breed)
Queen: Superpower, Crunch
Since you may get these two at the start of the game, they are good for multiple Gyms (exceptions being Venam, Valerie, and Angie). You may set up Toxic Spikes with them and proceed to attack.

RESSS suggested Houndoom for B+ Rank.
Houndoom is a great offensive Pokemon, having the Ability Flash Fire, amazing Special Attack, very nice Speed, and decent Attack. It can learn a variety of moves, including Foul Play, Flamethrower, Thunder Fang, Crunch, Nasty Plot, and if you're willing to breed, Destiny Bond. This Pokemon is relatively early, and so it is great for battle against Narcissa, Crawli, and Angie, despite being weakened by Narcissa and Angie's Fields. The downside to this one is that its moves come pretty late in the game.

• Developers

Jolteon for A+ Rank

WHICH IS WHY EEVEE HASN'T SEEN THE LIGHT OF DAY AND WON'T SEE THE LIGHT OF DAY UNTIL V6.