Rejuvenation Viability Rankings (WIP)

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I'm not going to post now, but...

*RESERVED FOR SWIRLIX*

Just so that every member of Shofu's team is here. I'll rerank it once the Whipped Dream is available in Version 6.

Swirlix for C- (Explanation for C- rather than D below):

Swirlix is... not very good, While we all wait impatiently for Slurpuff in Version 6, let's just talk about this sweet little pastry. Being unevolved, Swirlix doesn't have great stats. Still, Swirlix does get some great support moves like Aromatherapy, Endeavor, Wish, Light Screen, and Draining Kiss. I'd use this one for Keta, obviously. But that's it... Still, this one is C- rather than D because of its potential, which we will finally see in version 6, once Slurpuff comes in the game! (And relatively early, too, according to Jan!)

For reference, here are the available Pokemon that have not received a ranking yet (incuding those Pokemon that were mentioned above). Feel free to put this in the main post, Red'sCharizard, and make sure to delete the Pokemon as the rankings are added. Give me a minute, this may take a while.

Venusaur (biboo)

Blastoise

Butterfree

Beedrill

Pidgeot

Raticate

Fearow

Arbok (Azery)

Raichu

Sandslash

Crobat

Vileplume

Bellossom

Parasect (Vinny, y u no add?)

Venomoth (Did it)

Dugtrio

Persian

Golduck

Poliwrath

Victreebel

Golem

Rapidash

Slowbro (Pyrrhon has one above)

Farfetch'd

Dodrio

Muk (Sheep, then Vince)

Onix/Steelix (?)

Hypno

Electrode (I made one above)

Exeggutor

Marowak

Hitmontop (Did it)

Tangrowth (Pyrrhon has one above)

Seaking

Meganium

Typhlosion (biboo)

Furret (Hilda)

Noctowl

Ledian

Ariados

Sudowoodo

Ambipom

Sunflora

Quagsire

Girafarig

Forretress

Shuckle

Ursaring

Mamoswine (NOT BEING DONE; DON'T BOTHER)

Corsola

Octillery

Delibird

Sceptile

Mightyena

Beautifly

Dustox

Ludicolo (WTE, then ShadowStar)

Shiftry

Masquerain

Breloom (Reverse, than Zumidesu)

Slaking

Ninjask

Shedinja

Nosepass

Delcatty

Mawile

Aggron

Manectric (Hypa wants to do this soon)

Plusle

Minun

Volbeat

Illumise

Swalot (Gulpin was ranked, but not Swalot)

Sharpedo (biboo)

Torkoal

Grumpig (Somebody do this please. T-T I haven't used this one yet, so I don't know...)

Spinda

Lunatone

Solrock

Whiscash

Crawdaunt

Claydol

Feebas (perhaps we'll wait for Milotic)

Castform

Kecleon

Tropius

Chimecho

Walrein

Luvdisc

Bibarel (technically we only did Bidoof, but the rank will probably be the same)

Kricketune

Wormadam

Mothim

Floatzel

Drifblim

Lopunny

Chatot

Spiritomb

Carnivine

Serperior (Did it!)

Emboar (Did it!)

Watchog

Liepard (Me!)

Simisage

Simisear

Simipour

Zebstrika

Gigalith

Crustle

Scolipede

Gothitelle

Sawsbuck

Karrablast

Shelmet

Amoongus

Jellicent (meeeee)

Klinklang

Chesnaught

Delphox

Pyroar

Furfrou

Spritzee (soon to be Aromatisse)

Swirlix (soon to be Slurpuff, made this one)

Malamar (WTE)

Barbaracle

Dedenne

Carbink

Trevenant

Avalugg

Also, Hilda did the Piplup/Prinplup part of Empoleon, too.

OmegaRa1der added to Greninja.

Lostelle suggested a rank up for Leavanny.

Finished~

If I made a mistake or something, tell!

Wow this topic have grown a bit, and it will more in each version.

Chubb, you have been a lot helpful with rejuvenation related topic, question and more.

Man, just want to thank you for helping people and fix up.

I have a crobat but I'm not ready to rank it as of yet. You get him after the 5th gym and he shines against Crawli but in no ways against Angie. I don't think I'll be able to do justice to it. I really believe its solid because its the fastest pokemon in the current version and can hit hard with a stab acrobatics + cross poison (breeding). I have this feeling that he will be an A rank once we get more leaders.

Same for Walrein. You get this guy like right before Angie so there's not much use in ranking him yet. Based on his stat line, move set, and ability alone ... he's gonna be pretty high. (Thick fat - hail, blizzard, surf, body slam)

Too soon for Mawile.

Edited by WTE(#*#*

• Veterans

I have a crobat but I'm not ready to rank it as of yet. You get him after the 5th gym and he shines against Crawli but in no ways against Angie. I don't think I'll be able to do justice to it. I really believe its solid because its the fastest pokemon in the current version and can hit hard with a stab acrobatics + cross poison (breeding). I have this feeling that he will be an A rank once we get more leaders.

Yes, I second this! It's a really fast and strong poke to have, especially with acrobatics, but it dies pretty fast so I'd put it as an A- or a B+ rank rather than an A rank. Aside from that, it absolutely slays and is a good addition to your team for taking quick care of pokémon weak to poison or flying attacks.

Mamoswine ( either A- or B+ rank )

Ability : Thick Fat

Good movepool with Ice Shard/Earthquake/Blizzard/Ancient Power. You may want to delay Swinub evolving to Piloswine until lvl 37 to get Earthquake earlier, and you'll need to tutor him Ancient Power to evolve to Mamoswine. But once he's completed, he's quite a threat. Priority Ice Shard kills or put a serious dent to everything that doesn't resist it, and will be very useful for future Dragon gym. Earthquake is Earthquake. Ancient Power to handle Flying/Fire type (Talonflame and Charizard) and for semi setting up. Blizzard to break some Field Effects ( and to surprise physical wall ). But he's not a very fast pokemon, and you're not gonna get a Swinub that early (Akuwa Cave). He's my favorite pokemon since Platinum ( 1 shotted Cynthia's Garchomp ), and i'd love to see him somewhere in the ranking.

Edited by biboo195

I'm not going to rank Mamoswine yet, because it's available just before you fight Angie, and I don't want to rank him based on speculation based on how good it'll be.

Understood. Thanks for the reply mate

Malamar for A+ / A

It's moveset is really fantastic and easy to get even before lvl 55,all with level up. psycocut (stab),super power,night slash (stab) and it has hypnosis just as start when it's an inkay. I don't think there's much to say,this is a powerhouse. It's stat's are pretty decent 88 base def. 76 base sp.def. You could get an Inkay with +sp.def -sp.atk nature,so you can add a bit of bulk in the special side and start spamm superpower like there's no tomorrow,increasing at the same time the bulk for special side.

I'm not going to rank Mamoswine yet, because it's available just before you fight Angie, and I don't want to rank him based on speculation based on how good it'll be.

In this case, i think pokemon after valriere should avoid being ranked imo for now.

It's too early for my taste, maybe every 3-4 gym badge so can we rank up the pokemons in what location and time.

Typhlosion for C- rank

Ability : Blaze and Flash Fire

Jan moving the move tutor away really hurts him (he would be at least at B rank if it wasn't for that). But for now, until you have access to a Move Tutor, he's a lackluster Sp.Atk Fire type with a poor movepool in general. But once he gets his Eruption, all hell breaks loose. He can use Eruption to clear away a lot of Field Effects, absolutely destroy Angie's team. So if you want to use him, you may want to return to version 4 to get Eruption early, if not then he's gonna be sitting in your PC for a very long time since there's just so many Fire type Sp.Atk competitors (Camerupt, Pyroar, Chandelure). And as a fire starter, he has to compete with Infernape, Blaziken, Charizard (heck, even Emboar gives Typhlosion a run for his money); so it's not looking well for Typhlosion.

Gym : You won't use him much unless he has Eruption, and even then, you won't want him to be anywhere near Valarie. He puts in a lot of work against Crawli and Angie. Not much to say about other gym leaders.

Edited by biboo195

Venusaur for B or A (once Jan gives us Giga Drain and Sludge Bomb) rank

Ability : Chlorophyll

Not the fastest pokemon, but a base 80 speed is not bad. Outside of that, our underrated frog from gen 1 has the ability to stall in the form of Leech Seed, Sleep Powder and Synthesis. Once Jan gives us Giga Drain (or at least Mega Drain) and Sludge Bomb, i think Venusaur will definitely be at A rank.

Gym :

Venam : Bulbasaur's a half Poison type, so he'll be useful for Venam. Don't expect to deal much damage though.

Keta : You got Leech Seed and Sleep Powder, that'll be enough to stall his pokemon that doesn't have either Hawlucha as its name or Ice Punch.

Mariannete : Leech Seed and Sleep Powder put in work.

Narcissa : You'll live, but i won't recommend using Venusaur for her (except for using Sleep Powder on her Doublade and Mismagius)

Valarie : You only need to worry about Lapras's Ice Beam, and that's pretty much it. Don't expect to OHKO her Lanturn though.

Crawli : Ok to use, but won't be much of a threat to his team. His Volcarona can do whatever the heck it wants on Venusaur though, so be careful about that.

Angie : Venusaur is quite tanky, so it won't be OHKO, But don't think that Angie's gonna let him live.

Edited by biboo195

Well, it's that time again! Time for Reporter Chubb's latest rankings!

Today we will be discussing the next two Unova Starters! Let's get down to it!

Serperior for B/B+/A- Rank:

Serperior has decent offenses, an amazing Speed, and most importantly, the coveted Contrary Ability! This is what makes this thing a monster: Contrary and Leaf Storm keeps boosting its Special Attack. Thing is, Leaf Storm comes very late, so other moves include Leech Seed, Giga Drain, and Wring Out. As for Leaders it's good against, obviously the answer would be Valerie (beware Ice Beam, however). This can also do some decent damage in the other Gyms (besides Venam). Sadly, Crawil and Angie can easily defeat Serperior. However, once more Gyms come in, Serperior will definitely be an amazing Pokemon on your team!

Emboar for B+/A- Rank:

Emboar can be either Physical or Special, although most run Physical due to Attack being higher and more Physical moves. Blaze and Reckless are both great Abilities, with Reckless being more common. This is because of the fact that Emboar has Flare Blitz and Rock Head as two moves it learns, both by level up. Also, there's Flamethrower, Assurance (Emboar has pretty low speed anyway), Roar, Take Down (also boosted by Reckless), and Hammer Arm (Emboar's best Fighting STAB). If you're the breeding type of person, there's Superpower, Sucker Punch, and Curse opened up to you, too. For battles, this Pokemon is great for everything besides Valerie (obviously). Still, this Pokemon shall be taking MASSIVE recoil and is slow, so it is therefore not the best choice if you're expecting a Pokemon that will be able to sweep, unless you bring plenty of Potions and Revives.

Yeah, Emboar is pretty slow. Changed it to B+/A-.

Anyways... It's that time again! Time for Reporter Chubb's latest rankings!

This morning we will be discussing the less common Bug type of Kanto, Venomoth! Let's get down to it!

Venomoth for B-/B Rank:

While Venomoth's use in competitive battling (Quiver Dance + Baton Pass) doesn't work in this game as well, Venomoth does get some decent moves, combined with decent Special Attack and Speed as well as the ability Tinted Lens which can help Venomoth's offense against Pokemon it's NVE to quite a bit. It has Sleep Powder and Disable, Signal Beam, Zen Headbutt and Poison Fang (both are physical, which suck, but Poison Fang is best STAB), Psychic, and Bug Buzz and finally Quiver Dance at a late level. By breeding, it can get Baton Pass, but as stated before, it's somewhat difficult to pull one off and is therefore not usually worth it. It also can get Giga Drain and Toxic Spikes. For battles, Venomoth is excellent for Keta (since it gets Psybeam around the time as a Venonat). This Pokemon is also decent in any other Gym, as long as it's fast enough to outspeed anything that can hit hard. After a Sleep Powder, feel free to use any move you'd like, since it has plenty of coverage!

If I must.

It's that time again! Time for Reporter Chubb's latest Rankings!

Tonight we'll be discussing the last Hitmon member, Hitmontop!

Hitmontop for B/B+ Rank:

Hitmontop can be a great addition to your team (if you're willing to try to evolve it into this). Intimidate is useful, but Technician is a lot better, boosting so many of Hitmontop's moves. Combine that with his nice Attack, amazing defenses, and somewhat decent Speed, and you got yourself a pretty bulky attacker! To make use of Technician, Fake Out, Pursuit, Revenge, Rolling Kick, Quick Attack, and maybe Rock Smash can be useful on this. However, everybody knows that when this one hits level 55, Close Combat will WRECK everything. Detect and Endeavor also worth mentioning, I suppose. Now, for battles. Counter is always a great move for battling Marianette and Close Combat is always amazing, easily taking Angie out. There's also the battle with Valerie worth mentioning, since Hitmontop can at least do some damage there, too. While outclassed by its brother Hitmonchan (but not Hitmonlee; at least Hitmontop has some utility as a wall or a supporter, not just as an attacker), Hitmontop can be a great choice.