Rejuvenation Viability Rankings (WIP)

(If swords dance is implemented, swap this for Swords Dance.)

There's a bug in the game that assigns the same personality values to any Ninjask and Shedinja that evolve from the same Nincada. What this means is that whenever one of them learns a move, the other one does too. So you should be able to get Swords Dance on your Shedinja by exploiting this.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trevenant for A- rank

Ability : Natural Cure and Harvest (Frisk is not that useful IMO)

Move : Leech Seed

Will-O-Wisp

Horn Leech

Shadow Claw/Phantom Force/Subtitute

Opinion : You can get Phantump before Narcissa, but he'll stay a Phantump until Crawli (the reason why he's not A rank), but until then, he has a lot of good moves. WoW cripples Physical attackers, Leech Seed and Horn Leech (the stall combo) can be used to stall the heck out of anyone that's not a Grass type. The last slot is based on what you need : Subtitute for more stalling, Shadow Claw for STAB, and Phantom Force is a nice combo with Harvest to increase the chance of getting his Berry back. You can buy berries after the Orphanage mission, and Phantump/Trevenant will love that Sitrus Berry + Harvest combo.

Gym :

Venam : N/A

Keta : N/A

Marianette : N/A

Narcissa : Won't recommend it, but can be used to WoW her Doublade and Leech Seed her pokemons, except for Mismagius and Gengar since they're faster than him.

Valarie : Be careful with Ice Beam, but Phantump is pretty scary here. Horn Leech and Leech Seed drive her team crazy.

Crawli : You won't do too much damage, and Volcarona can set up on you easily, but you can still use the stall combo on his team (especially his Vespiqueen, man do i hate that thing in my Infernape playthrough, be careful with its Unnerve though)

Angie : Won't recommend it, but WoW cripples her Mamoswine and Abomasnow extremely hard.

Edited by biboo195

Umm maybe i'm missing something, but why is Piplup A rank lol? I think someone should just do a proper Empoleon evaluation.

Anyways Claydol for C+, Claydol is very underrated as a pokemon in general. It has amazing bulk and it gets Dual stab by level 40 being Earth Power and Extrasensory. While its attacking power may not be the highest, it can eat up hits and wear the opponent down, if not deal the finishing blow. It also learns Ancient Power/Rock Tomb if you are worried about coverage moves, which can both be used strategically and help in dire situations, well Rock Tomb anyways lol the other one is luck. Cosmic Power is another good move that it gets; rasing it's defensive stats, pretty much nothing will be able to touch it and you can just start smashing your opponent with stab moves. Last but not least it learns Sandstorm, this could be good for wearing opponents down and changing the weather. In this game gym leaders often use the weather to their advantage, but you can shut them down. The use of Claydol may not be viable for gym 6 and 7 becuase of its weakness, but it's still a great pokemon and should help vs the next couple of gyms which are expected to be Fire and Steel

...Guys. There's a list of the Pokemon not ranked on the page before so we can keep ranking and not asking.

Also Chubb, you should probably update that list lol a lot has been done since you posted it

Edited by SexyMilotic

Let me do Blastoise then. I'd say for A+.

As the saying goes, the best defense is the best offense. Therefore, Blastoise defenses is pretty great as always along with good Sp Atk. It can always tank up a shot and hurt them a lot. Hydro Pump/Surf, and Flash Cannon (Move Tutor) are it's main moves. You can do any set with Blastoise. Pretty good to make Valerie frustrated, send Crawli's Volcarona crying and Angie breaks sweat with it's defense while OHKO-ing it's Mamoswine.

Shedinja for S or A+ Tier

While I'm inclined to agree, Shedinja only sees usefulness in battles where the enemy doesn't have any super effective moves to hit Shedinja with. Not to mention that Stealth Rocks and Leech Seed can still kill a Shedinja (IIRC). Up against someone with Mold Breaker or Fire/Ghost/Flying/Rock/Dark moves Shedinja is just fodder and a waste of a slot on your party, unless of course you get lucky with RNGeesus and the enemy misses you every time because you've been spamming Double Team. Because of Shedinja's conditional usability I'd say it deserves a spot in B rank at best.

Umm maybe i'm missing something, but why is Piplup A rank lol? I think someone should just do a proper Empoleon evaluation.

Anyways Claydol for C+, Claydol is very underrated as a pokemon in general. It has amazing bulk and it gets Dual stab by level 40 being Earth Power and Extrasensory. While its attacking power may not be the highest, it can eat up hits and wear the opponent down, if not deal the finishing blow. It also learns Ancient Power/Rock Tomb if you are worried about coverage moves, which can both be used strategically and help in dire situations, well Rock Tomb anyways lol the other one is luck. Cosmic Power is another good move that it gets; rasing it's defensive stats, pretty much nothing will be able to touch it and you can just start smashing your opponent with stab moves. Last but not least it learns Sandstorm, this could be good for wearing opponents down and changing the weather. In this game gym leaders often use the weather to their advantage, but you can shut them down. The use of Claydol may not be viable for gym 6 and 7 becuase of its weakness, but it's still a great pokemon and should help vs the next couple of gyms which are expected to be Fire and Steel

Also Chubb, you should probably update that list lol a lot has been done since you posted it

Updated! I think I won't post as often now, being busy with the wiki and other things.

Also, I already did Empoleon, but Hilda loved Piplup so much for the beginning of the game that she decided to rank it, too.

While I'm inclined to agree, Shedinja only sees usefulness in battles where the enemy doesn't have any super effective moves to hit Shedinja with. Not to mention that Stealth Rocks and Leech Seed can still kill a Shedinja (IIRC). Up against someone with Mold Breaker or Fire/Ghost/Flying/Rock/Dark moves Shedinja is just fodder and a waste of a slot on your party, unless of course you get lucky with RNGeesus and the enemy misses you every time because you've been spamming Double Team. Because of Shedinja's conditional usability I'd say it deserves a spot in B rank at best. gy,

As much as I don't agree that it should be on S rank, Shedinja is actually terrifying on story mode, just because Gym Leaders generally don't use Stealth Rock/Leech Seed on story mode. And if it can set up Swords Dance, it's definitely a force to reckon with. Frankly, the only Gym Leader who can take it down Shedinja is Narcissa, since she has Gengar.

Maybe Shedinja is not good on competitive, but it can live it's name as one of the better Pokemon on story mode. I will rank it as A, as I used Shedinja before.

While I'm inclined to agree, Shedinja only sees usefulness in battles where the enemy doesn't have any super effective moves to hit Shedinja with. Not to mention that Stealth Rocks and Leech Seed can still kill a Shedinja (IIRC). Up against someone with Mold Breaker or Fire/Ghost/Flying/Rock/Dark moves Shedinja is just fodder and a waste of a slot on your party, unless of course you get lucky with RNGeesus and the enemy misses you every time because you've been spamming Double Team. Because of Shedinja's conditional usability I'd say it deserves a spot in B rank at best.

See normally I'd agree with you and disregard what I said. But the fact that Shedinja can outright walls many of Rejuvenation's Leaders who focus mainly on T-Wave crippling and Hyper Offense with STAB and basic coverage I think is amazing.

As much as I don't agree that it should be on S rank, Shedinja is actually terrifying on story mode, just because Gym Leaders generally don't use Stealth Rock/Leech Seed on story mode. And if it can set up Swords Dance, it's definitely a force to reckon with. Frankly, the only Gym Leader who can take it down Shedinja is Narcissa, since she has Gengar.

Maybe Shedinja is not good on competitive, but it can live it's name as one of the better Pokemon on story mode. I will rank it as A, as I used Shedinja before.

Awesome as, glad to see myself and my friend aren't the only ones who realize Shedinja is amazing in story based games like Rejuvenation. Games like this go to prove that just because it's ranked PU on Smogon, doesn't mean it's bad in storyline.

Awesome as, glad to see myself and my friend aren't the only ones who realize Shedinja is amazing in story based games like Rejuvenation. Games like this go to prove that just because it's ranked PU on Smogon, doesn't mean it's bad in storyline.

Indeed. I can say it's a poor analysis just because he used the standard play moves and applied it on story mode. Competitive and Story mode don't mix.

This is why Shedinja needs to be S-rank:

I tried each one multiple times and it works every single time. I think Angie always switches to Mamoswine and spams Stealth Rock because it's a Rock-type move lol.

Just say all AI, because without super-effective moves, Shedinja will plow through them.

However, I will remain firm that it should be ranked as A/A+, only because of Narssica and Bug Gym's Volcarona.

It isn't available until after Narcissa's gym, so that's irrelevant. But I agree that its usefulness for Crawli is limited.

I think Leavanny deserves to be pushed up a bit (A-). I completed the game up till the end point with Leavanny and its still my fastest member on my team (besides Noivern). Super fast Will-o-Wisp CRIPPLES opponents easily. It also helps against threats like Angie's Walrein and Mamoswine (speed + willowisp/leaf blade), Narcissa's Dusclops (Willowisp to whittle it down), Crawli (outspeeds), Marianette (Slaking willowisp), and Valerie (obvious). X Scissor, Leaf Blade, Will O Wisp, and Protect seems to be the best set for it.