Monotype Challenge Quick Glance Guide - Updated to Episode 19 (SPOILERS)

BIGJRA

@BIGJRA I don't think that Salandit is available between Samson and Charlotte. You need to bring Rage Powder to remove the Crustle and gain access to that tiny cave in Route 2, and you can't without spoiling it from the current path. The only way to get Rage Powder is by using Rock Climb, which is only usable after defeating Titania (or Amaria, not sure).

20 minutes ago, Jess said:

@BIGJRA I don't think that Salandit is available between Samson and Charlotte. You need to bring Rage Powder to remove the Crustle and gain access to that tiny cave in Route 2, and you can't without spoiling it from the current path. The only way to get Rage Powder is by using Rock Climb, which is only usable after defeating Titania (or Amaria, not sure).

I actually speculated a ton on this - due to another user on my thread in the Hunt subforum, we concluded it's possible after Samson using the move Teleport as long as you have access to Surf. TLDR: you get rage powder from one of the other trees, Teleport to the Celestine Cascade heal spot, then use it on the Crustle. You need surf in order to get out of there as your file would be bricked otherwise.

1 minute ago, BIGJRA said:

I actually speculated a ton on this - due to another user on my thread in the Hunt subforum, we concluded it's possible after Samson using the move Teleport as long as you have access to Surf.

I thank you from the bottom of my heart for this! Now I can bring Salazzle vs Titania in my Poison monorun!

Irrelevant question: I've checked out your Elemental Masters quest and I like it :) Is it still active and going? Was wondering... 

8 minutes ago, Jess said:

I thank you from the bottom of my heart for this! Now I can bring Salazzle vs Titania in my Poison monorun!

Irrelevant question: I've checked out your Elemental Masters quest and I like it :) Is it still active and going? Was wondering... 

It's absolutely active, though I kinda realized I prefer the earlygame over late so I have like 4 or 5 runs that aren't at the circus yet but in progress. I'll update the status thread eventually but I'll be without my main PC for a month so I can't make progress on those... 

Just started ghost on this PC though, so that's neat. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to say, you can get growlithe before corey

Spoiler

you just have to find all the cops and go back before fighting taka and ZEL, that way you can get your mystery egg before corey

I know there isn't a spoiler lock for this part of the game but still

35 minutes ago, gryson said:

how can u get bounsweet before florina?

Spoiler

You can get Bounsweet by showing a Glameow from Glamazonia Salon to the lady in Central Salon who gave you the Soothe Bell. She'll make you fight a high-level Tsareena. Defeat it to be awarded a Bounsweet.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Maqqy said:

Espurr can be obtained in the Peridot Ward pretty early. You need to talk to the man who's asking for change.

in E17 is the chance to get Espurr there 50:50

I got there a Minccino...

But Espurr is in another location between Corey and Shelly :)

@Anti_Hero: I will search there, thank you :)

• 6 months later...
  • Support Squad

Unsure if anyone's interested, but I made a breakdown of unique 'mons available per monotype and compared that to the amount of unique 'mons overall.

It was useful for me to know, at a glance, how many pokemon I'd have available for any given run. Might not be 100% accurate since I'm only using it for my own personal use, but it's close.

Type Count Percentage
Dragon 19 5.16%
Ice 19 5.16%
Fairy 23 6.25%
Ghost 23 6.25%
Electric 24 6.52%
Fighting 27 7.34%
Steel 28 7.61%
Fire 28 7.61%
Poison 30 8.15%
Dark 31 8.42%
Rock 31 8.42%